Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Technetium posted:

I'm sorry to tell you the MDoA are DOA

I actually took the Ducks on purpose because I loving hate them

Also, I don't have any delusions about how terrible I have always been at Fantasy Hockey but oh man if I do better than any of you guys who are actually looking at stats and stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Jordan7hm posted:

Jared "sucks" mccann

Nah he's alright. He was played like a 4th liner and was in and out of the lineup all season. He probably should've gone back to junior before 40 games, but he deserved his place on the roster out of training camp. His possession stats are what you expect from a teenager being horribly miscast as a 4th line forward. Give him a playmaking linemate and some real PP time and he'll nab 50 points one day.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013

Flyinglemur posted:

Look, we're however many rounds into this thing and if you haven't figured out that I don't have a "plan" or am "good at this" then I don't know what to tell you.

But I AM committed to the entire thing and man I hope the Ducks do well. A team that our own Mook would be proud to cheer for.

I dunno I just think there are funnier picks to make than two goalies

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

tofes posted:

I dunno I just think there are funnier picks to make than two goalies

I looked and saw that we need two goalies, I need to make the cap floor and I honestly think MAF is going to have a good year when he gets to play because everyone sees the writing on the wall.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

I mean Dallas' tandem is funnier and it's actually real

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

tofes posted:

I mean Dallas' tandem is funnier and it's actually real

Nothing is funnier than Fleury when he isn't "on"

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Flyinglemur posted:

Nothing is funnier than Fleury when he isn't "on"

At least he has a working on/off switch.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Paulocast is up btw. Then stab.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
The Burke/Holmgren part of the draft.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Technetium posted:

Looking at Lindholm/Manson for another ten seconds shows there were The Best shutdown line in the NHL to play at least 500 minutes together at 5v5 which accounts for 53 NHL pairings. There were second best in overall possession behind Doughty/Mcnabb (the second best shutdown line). Good golly.

their styles of play seem to be very complementary to each other. Manson is great in his own zone and seems pretty adept at recovering the puck and making the initial pass for the break to Lindholm, who is a beast in the neutral zone and into the offensive zone

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Give me Jesper Fast because he's good and cheap

Neal-Getzlaf-P Kane
Ladd-Jenner-Marlea
?-Lazar-Fast

Weber-Seabrook
Enstrom-Ceci

Neuvirth

The RECAPITATOR
May 12, 2006

Cursed to like terrible teams.
If he isn't taken already (can't access draft sheet from work) I will take Mike Babcock as my coach. I pretty much google searched "best NHL coach" and he came up a few times. Good enough for me. I have a good idea who the real bad coaches are but not who the good ones are so... ya

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The RECAPITATOR posted:

If he isn't taken already (can't access draft sheet from work) I will take Mike Babcock as my coach. I pretty much google searched "best NHL coach" and he came up a few times. Good enough for me. I have a good idea who the real bad coaches are but not who the good ones are so... ya

Umm.. you better get to drafting some over-the-hill grinders or his head is going to explode having to put that many kids in his line-up.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Umm.. you better get to drafting some over-the-hill grinders or his head is going to explode having to put that many kids in his line-up.

Babcock did a good job getting kids ice time in Toronto. I'm not sure this complaint holds up. He's probably the best coach in the the world right now, or at least up in the top few with a handful of other guys.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Jordan7hm posted:

Babcock did a good job getting kids ice time in Toronto. I'm not sure this complaint holds up. He's probably the best coach in the the world right now, or at least up in the top few with a handful of other guys.

After they traded away his grinders sure.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
As a former owner of a Babcock avatar, I'm so loving mad. I was going to draft him and Abdelkader next cycle. It was going to explain the Pat Maroon pick as a top 6 winger too. Who else will fill this hole now??? What other NHL coach overrates grit and character? NONE I SAY. NONE OTHERS.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

i am the bird posted:

As a former owner of a Babcock avatar, I'm so loving mad. I was going to draft him and Abdelkader next cycle. It was going to explain the Pat Maroon pick as a top 6 winger too. Who else will fill this hole now??? What other NHL coach overrates grit and character? NONE I SAY. NONE OTHERS.

Craig Berube.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Jordan7hm posted:

Given the state of Toronto and Detroit now I think we can conclusively say it wasn't all Babcock

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

https://vine.co/v/eA9hO93pBFq

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

T-Bone posted:

The Burke/Holmgren part of the draft.

That's a compliment in my book for Team Character.

Avec le prochaine selection, le Canadien de Montreal sont fier de selectionne un bon pti joueur Quebecois, un ancien Canadien, que meme avec son age avance a ete capable de marque 30 points et qui va etre un excellent complement sur le deuxieme vague de l'avantage numerique.

Il ya du charactere. Il a gagne la Coupe Stanley (je pense????). Plus il est un quebecois...apart le douchebag Mike Ribeiro, ils ont TOUS du charactere.

Francois Beauchemin

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

i am the bird posted:

stab fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jul 29, 2016

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

e: gently caress, the one time I don't check

FBS fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jul 29, 2016

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

FBS posted:

Since I have no imagination....

...and because this:

is sustainable...

I'll take Marko Dano. He's listed as a C everywhere but I've decided he's going to play left wing instead.

Already taken.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Marko Dano more like Pickedo Alreadyo

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

stab posted:

That's a compliment in my book for Team Character.

Avec le prochaine selection, le Canadien de Montreal sont fier de selectionne un bon pti joueur Quebecois, un ancien Canadien, que meme avec son age avance a ete capable de marque 30 points et qui va etre un excellent complement sur le deuxieme vague de l'avantage numerique.

Il ya du charactere. Il a gagne la Coupe Stanley (je pense????). Plus il est un quebecois...apart le douchebag Mike Ribeiro, ils ont TOUS du charactere.

Francois Beauchemin

I thought about taking him instead of Honka but he blows.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I'm a dumbass so instead I'll take Blake Comeau, based on his consistent history of positive relative possession stats.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I'll take Michael Matheson. He played a bit for the Panthers in the playoffs and also played in the WHC for Canada and was named the top defenseman there. He's 22 and seems ready for prime time.

Zacha-Malkin-Hossa
Landeskog-Kuznetsov-Henrique
Couturier

Greene-Boychuk
Gudas-Daley
Matheson

Murray

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Ginette Reno posted:

I'll take Michael Matheson. He played a bit for the Panthers in the playoffs and also played in the WHC for Canada and was named the top defenseman there. He's 22 and seems ready for prime time.

Zacha-Malkin-Hossa
Landeskog-Kuznetsov-Henrique
Couturier

Greene-Boychuk
Gudas-Daley
Matheson

Murray

He's going to be goood. Struggled with not using my previous pick on him.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Yeah I like Matheson plenty

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Metapod up, he has until 11:12 AM tomorrow to pick. Technetium & lazerwolf are to follow. mike matheson is cool

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Tech now up

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

In an hour it skips again to lazerwolf

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Give me a prospect I've wanted for a little while in Esa Lindell.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Nice pick, I was definitely taking him with one of my next two.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Minnesota Wild select Teemu Pulkkinen. eXXon is up next.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

T-Bone posted:

Nice pick, I was definitely taking him with one of my next two.

I haven't paid any attention to Lindell, has he made progress to be that covetable? He's always come across as a B- prospect to me. He seems kinda immobile for the NHL.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

lazerwolf posted:

Minnesota Wild select Teemu Pulkkinen. eXXon is up next.

Nice pick, love Pulkkinen.

exxon next and then me, hooray!! The two players I want have not been picked yet!

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

I haven't paid any attention to Lindell, has he made progress to be that covetable? He's always come across as a B- prospect to me. He seems kinda immobile for the NHL.

I dunno, people seem relatively high on him wherever I turn.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Interesting. They know more about him than I likely do, but to me he seemed like a guy with really good offensive instincts who can't skate who is too raw for the NHL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Oliver Bjorkstrand is a young right winger who scores goals. He can learn something about gritty fortitude from his Danish guardian Jannik Hansen while teaching him something about scoring goals from all over the ice and together they will play the same position on different lines, like Lego (R) bricks, which are also from Denmark but not always made there anymore.

He was on pace for 25 goals and 50 points last season in 12 games and tore up the AHL playoffs so he's either destined for greatness or mediocrity, but probably a second line spot on the Jackets next to some better players.

• Locked thread