Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

:ohdear:

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
The Sky Deer is so stupidly strong, I really hope the Mother Snake and Emperor Crow get in on the action.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Since i'm actually not phoneposting this time: New Chapter

Jesus goddamn christ

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Man, gently caress Acacia

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Give him a single nanometer, he takes a lightyear

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Toriko 380

Pls nerf Neo. Bambina :ohdear:

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Jesus Christ :stare:

The_Angry_Turtle
Aug 2, 2007

BLARGH
Uh, what happened with Torikos face there? Did he turn into Grinpatch?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Good to see this manga can still hit new nightmare face territory jesus christ NEO

e: ^^ Very definitely his third gourmet demon appearing, the one the other two were worried about destroying his body.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Hold on, is Neo now separate from Acacia's body?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

FAT BATMAN posted:

This
This is the work of an Enemy Stand!

Torikos third demon must be some super serious loving poo poo for him to react that way.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang

FAT BATMAN posted:

Yes, like when Toriko summoned his stand appetite demons to fight, Acacia is doing the same thing. I also thought the third demon looked a bit like Grinpatch at first.

e;fb

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I, too, thought that was Grinpatch. But he's melted so yeah, it's Demon The Third.

Jesus what a chapter. I love all these giant monstrous animals and will be very sad as they are taken about by Super Neo.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Torikos third demon must be some super serious loving poo poo for him to react that way.

he got a deadly premonition from him:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmBM8vpRMMQ&t=99s

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

So 20 more chapters of toriko? I am just estimating but ending on 400 is within reason.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
Lmao

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

:tviv:

I can't wait to see Toriko eat this fucker.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Toriko 381 :vince:

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Midora: Just got out of the can and I am starving!!

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Good god. This manga.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

So Food Luck can be copied? Cool, lets go with that. :getin:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

This
This is what I need after the travesty that is bleach
This is how you wrap up your shonen battle manga.

oh god yes straight into my veiinssss

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

I can't stop laughing.

This is so loving awesome.

But gently caress the 8 kings are getting clowned

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Midoraaaaaaaa!!!

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Next issue, the battle heats even further?!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

This

For all that this is nonsense escalation it still manages to have stakes that make sense

like I still have no clue what YWACH wants but NEO's "gently caress it man I'm just gonna eat everything and also I'm creepy as gently caress", now that's not complicated and also has been shown to the audience

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

This

Toriko at this point is only somewhat more coherent than Bleach, really. I miss when it was about people fighting bizarre animals and cooking impossibly delicious food, instead of the nonsense-metaphysics that it's focused on now.

The Eight Kings and the God frog are cool, but everything involving NEO, Back Channels, and glowing globs of gelatin is tedious.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jul 28, 2016

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Coherency I dont mind.

What I do really care about and appreciate is the (satisfyingly done) tying of loose ends. Everything that was hinted at or set up is being addressed.

Both writers got their cancellation notices very much in advance. And one of them doddered on while the other embraced the poo poo out of a crappy oppurtunity.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The fact that Toriko got cancelled because of low sales makes me really angry. loving plebs!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Yeah it seems that the two authors handled it very differently so Bleach kept going at the same meandering formulaic pace and Toriko just slammed on the gas and has been careening like a juggernaut towards the ending come hell or high water

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Though I must say it's interesting to know that the Blue Nitro can revive themselves after a certain amount of time. (Guessing this is why Air's death at Neo's hands was an issue for them.) And Pair killed Center so that he could revive later on rather then risk him dying to Neo.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

MonsterEnvy posted:

Though I must say it's interesting to know that the Blue Nitro can revive themselves after a certain amount of time. (Guessing this is why Air's death at Neo's hands was an issue for them.) And Pair killed Center so that he could revive later on rather then risk him dying to Neo.

Pretty sure this was stated by the Nitro themselves.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Pretty sure this was stated by the Nitro themselves.

It's a gourmet cell thing. The Blue Nitro have really strong gourmet cells and so they are reborn, eventually. Just like all the Gourmet Demons inside people. And that's the scariest thing about NEO - when it eats something, that thing never comes back again.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Shugojin posted:

Yeah it seems that the two authors handled it very differently so Bleach kept going at the same meandering formulaic pace and Toriko just slammed on the gas and has been careening like a juggernaut towards the ending come hell or high water

I should have preordered more Toriko.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

The hungry is the beautiful !!! All TORIKO wants is to EAT !!!

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I don't understand the Nitro and Acacia's motivations anymore. I thought they were trying to revive Neo so they could seal him into a golden can? But then why are they trying to get him to a perfect form now?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

RatHat posted:

I don't understand the Nitro and Acacia's motivations anymore. I thought they were trying to revive Neo so they could seal him into a golden can? But then why are they trying to get him to a perfect form now?

They need Neo in perfect form so they can seal him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

• Locked thread