Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

2 is great but it's not very fun to actually play and that kills me to admit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
2 is better than 1

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

MGS2 is one of my favorite games. Easily my favorite in the series. 3 is a close second though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I kinda agree. It's the least fun of the series for me to play even though I love everything about its story and presentation

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

mycophobia posted:

HD collection version of 3 looks amazing

This is the one I have.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i like 2 more than 3

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

for metal gear july i started and got the real ending in peace walker, did a playthrough of 3 where i collect everything except i missed one frog, and started rising

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

peace walker had me switching back and forth a lot on if i loved it or hated it, its weird

did anyone here actually get really into it and beat everything, its probably cool to be that person

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

elf help book posted:

peace walker had me switching back and forth a lot on if i loved it or hated it, its weird

did anyone here actually get really into it and beat everything, its probably cool to be that person

i probably would have if i finished it before 5 came out. but i didnt so i wont

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

I did everything that wasn't a bonus boss mission because I didn't find those fun at all

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

I did everything that wasn't a bonus boss mission because I didn't find those fun at all

i had to do that just to unlock the real ending

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Chrysalis would actually be fun to fight if it was flying over Afghanistan and snake had to chase it on horsebacj

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

Never played 4, so my ranking is :
1 > V > Portable Ops > 2 > 3 > Peace Walker

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bilal posted:

You should play 4, it has a lot of really cool ideas.

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Bilal posted:

Why portable ops so high?

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

The MGS4 character models are godlike. The only thing that looks dated are the environment textures.

I'm playing on Extreme and being super careful sneaking through Act 1. If the whole game was like this it would be the best MGS

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

beepstreet posted:

The MGS4 character models are godlike. The only thing that looks dated are the environment textures.

I'm playing on Extreme and being super careful sneaking through Act 1. If the whole game was like this it would be the best MGS

its cool you can buddy up to one of the factions and the entire bin laden secret base is friendly with you and 0 threat

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Solid snake did 9/11

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bilal posted:

...the lord of lies

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

In Training posted:

I kinda agree. It's the least fun of the series for me to play even though I love everything about its story and presentation

Yeah, definitely. i mean, ill be the first to admit one of its biggest drawbacks is its hard for Casuals to get into. It's probably for the best to stick to MGSV.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Yeah, definitely. i mean, ill be the first to admit one of its biggest drawbacks is its hard for Casuals to get into. It's probably for the best to stick to MGSV.
I will, until the end of time.

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

beepstreet posted:

Why portable ops so high?

It was a ton of fun, despite not being canon. I preferred the gameplay to Peace Walker. Peace Walker is the only MGS game I've played that I simply did not like at all. All the others were great.

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

I take the MGS story extremely seriously so I don't want any witty barbs making fun of me for that statement about PO not being canon. Ok?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Metal Gear PoOps

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
I wish octocamo was an unlockable in V. It was fun to crawl around in 4 and find the cool patterns.

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Just noticed something.The guards in 4 no longer need to radio in alerts, they just happen if they see you and you don't take them out within a second or so. I thought this was a downgrade from the last couple games, until I realized that because they're all connected by the SOP so I guess it makes sense. Another part of the strange new world Snake is dealing with.

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]
POOPS is canon, anyone with a ps3 check out the MGS4 database on the store and read all about it!

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]
don't let the patriots fool you.... PoOps happened, and is real

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Bilal posted:

I take the MGS story extremely seriously so I don't want any witty barbs making fun of me for that statement about PO not being canon. Ok?

uhm but it is canon though

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

isnt it like canon except if anything else contradicts it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

canon is dumb

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

canon is dumb

its definitely the lamest sidearm in bloodborne

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

10 bullets for one measly shot? youve got to be kidding me.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

canon is the worst nerd obsession. i hate it. i spit on it.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im thinking of the people that got mad about the star wars eu stuff because it meant all those books they read and memorized facts from was a waste of time

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
The Wookiepedia Civil War

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

im thinking of the people that got mad about the star wars eu stuff because it meant all those books they read and memorized facts from was a waste of time

lol

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Tbqh the thrall trilogy was way better than the crap we got in the new one so there's that

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

But yah forced canon is dumb. I like that the mgs writers clearly never felt bound to it, it was more like a framework

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Benny D posted:

Tbqh the thrall trilogy was way better than the crap we got in the new one so there's that

i have no idea what youre talking about

• Locked thread