Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Grapplejack posted:

One thing I do think is kind of weird is that the images for the Avatar project are ethereals, which I don't think anyone has seen in the xcom 2 timeline.

Except for this part when the whole world saw it after the world's leaders surrendered to the Aliens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Oh gently caress I totally forgot about this

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Grapplejack posted:

One thing I do think is kind of weird is that the images for the Avatar project are ethereals, which I don't think anyone has seen in the xcom 2 timeline.

There are statues of the things in every city. People may not have seen them directly, but they know something like them exists as the rulers of the aliens.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer
Aw yeah, James Dean and Alexandra showed up! And Man "Hottie" Whore is the most amazing thing! This LP is already giving me such joy. I can't wait to see all that is to come. :allears:

I can just imagine how Man Whore's recruitment went down.

Avenger posted:

Bradford: "Alright team, I know we're hard up for competent soldiers, so I've arranged for an old drinking buddy of mine to be brought onboard. He's a hard man, in his own way."
Tygan: "Is... is the naked man with the face paint your drinking buddy? If so... intriguing."
Bradford: "Oh, goddammit, I told him not to... look, I had a rough time. I needed somewhere to lay low. And I was confused about my place in the world."
Lily: "Aaaand here's their application. 'Man Whore', Bradford? Really?"
Bradford: "You don't get to judge me, Lily!"

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Scribbleykins posted:

I can just imagine how Man Whore's recruitment went down.

Bradford, you just keep doing what you do.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Cythereal posted:

He may have received a grizzled and hardened makeover for the sequel, but deep down Bradford is still the lovable dork from the previous game.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Scribbleykins posted:

Aw yeah, James Dean and Alexandra showed up! And Man "Hottie" Whore is the most amazing thing!

And just like that, I'd say his future nickname has been established, unless something even funnier happens.

Cythereal posted:

When the story of human victory is told, it will say that the true seeds of alien defeat were sown when they kink-shamed!

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Nothing makes me want to throw my computer out the window quite like the dodge mechanic. There's already enough RNG! I don't need to worry about doing half damage when I actually hit something! Anyway, not to spoil anything but the Avatar Project is just a 4D remake of the James Cameron's Avatar. The Spokesman wants us to destroy it because he heard that the aliens are replacing the original cast with vipers.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

MadDogMike posted:

When the story of human victory is told, it will say that the true seeds of alien defeat were sown when they kink-shamed!

I was so tempted to submit that as my character, but I figured submissions like that would be really common so I sent Alessandra "Socks" (she was an assault) Margottini instead, the volunteer from my only classic ironman win of EW.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Cythereal posted:

How did Hard Gay become the unofficial mascot for Jade Star's LPs, anyway?

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

NGDBSS posted:

Well, at the very least, it has been his skype pic for like 7 years.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
I remember seeing it when he streamed Warthunder, and I haven't had time to watch people stream poo poo in years so that was a while ago. Is it telling that I didn't ever stop to question it?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

TheDarkFlame posted:

I remember seeing it when he streamed Warthunder, and I haven't had time to watch people stream poo poo in years so that was a while ago. Is it telling that I didn't ever stop to question it?

I knew about it from the Saint's Row 3 LP where Jade Star dressed up his Boss as Hard Gay when he was the guest commentator/co-op partner.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

NGDBSS posted:

You know... I can't really pinpoint a time or place or particular reason other than Hard Gay is a really funny guy and I love watching him ham it up in what is normally an ultra conservative and shut in culture.

But man... let me tell you about all the Hard Gay fan art I've got....

For my eventual darkest dungeon LP maybe?

And all of these other assorted Hard Gays from all of the other games I've played

Cythereal posted:

I knew about it from the Saint's Row 3 LP where Jade Star dressed up his Boss as Hard Gay when he was the guest commentator/co-op partner.

Oh man that's right! I had a Boss Hard Gay for Skippy Granolas Saints Row 3 LP.

And Halman made me a custom paint job for two of my planes in War Thunder that have Hard Gays face on the sides of them.

There's just been a lot of creep into everything I play. A Hard Gay creep.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I don't know if this has been discovered before, but it's possible to throw/fire a grenade to anywhere the game can figure out a path to- including places that are far, far out of range. Place your cursor where you want the grenade to land, and press the button corresponding to the grenade. If it's a valid placement for the IRG (Infinite Range Grenade), the AoE preview will flicker there. Cancel the grenade, queue it back up, and on the frame on which the flicker happens, confirm the grenade. It will land there, and cause damage correctly. The firing/throwing animation will break as well.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Cythereal posted:

Two seconds after I installed Anarchy's Children I knew what Jake had given us the tools to make. The rest of the outfit options were simply a smokescreen to hide its true purpose.

Cythereal posted:

I was so tempted to submit that as my character, but I figured submissions like that would be really common so I sent Alessandra "Socks" (she was an assault) Margottini instead, the volunteer from my only classic ironman win of EW.

Aside from that one from me, I'm pretty sure jade already has a Hard Gay in there, albeit missing the short shorts and vest. The product of being made before the dlc was released.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Man count me in on that. I looooooooove Darkest Dungeon.

Godnnelg
Jun 25, 2013

Grapplejack posted:

Indeed!!.....
Ethereals still exist obviously, can't wait to see them!

I kinda wished the game over you get from the Avatar project was a little less vague..

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Cythereal posted:

It was shockingly uncommon. It was really just Man Whore and one other guy I'm pushing behind-the-scenes for Jade to put in the LP regardless.

Aeromancia
Jul 23, 2013
Sweet, Bob Ross made it into the roster! Jade, do you have the steam mod with his voicepack on?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

GuavaMoment posted:

It was shockingly uncommon. It was really just Man Whore and one other guy I'm pushing behind-the-scenes for Jade to put in the LP regardless.

I don't know whether to be impressed or disappointed.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Kinda wish I'd submitted this now that I know just how accurate I could make it.

e: Imgur apparently sucks now?

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jul 29, 2016

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Aeromancia posted:

Sweet, Bob Ross made it into the roster! Jade, do you have the steam mod with his voicepack on?

of course

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I appreciate Man Whore looking like a character from LISA.

I also appreciate the viper and it's furthering of the furry agenda.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

I kinda wish Man Whore was from Montreal.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Oh hey, I'm in, sweet!

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
When I saw that this cosmetic mod includes mission awards for 'kill stealer' and 'literally the worst' I knew I had to recommend it.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Tendales posted:

When I saw that this cosmetic mod includes mission awards for 'kill stealer' and 'literally the worst' I knew I had to recommend it.

Operation: Hot Widow

Wow, not pulling any punches there.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

AradoBalanga posted:

He may have received a grizzled and hardened makeover for the sequel, but deep down Bradford is still the lovable dork from the previous game.

Bradford Gear Rising: Revengeance.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Woohoo, my guy James dean Jr is in! I hope he can live up to his father's Muton blasting reputation! :woop:

That said though, the awesomeness that is Man Whole is a wonder to behold! I'm looking foreword to great things from him! :allears:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Man, I'm kinda torn. I both kinda wish I had found this thread earlier but I'm also kinda glad I didn't because now I've got eight videos I can catch up on! So thanks and drat you for not announcing this in the new thread thread. ANyway, I hope no one beat me to this, I still have to go through all 27 pages atm.

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Now, Red! Seal the deal with a catchy one-liner!
I think the JAIDS is infecting my game through the LP. Just had the enemies bug out on a mission.

I set up an ambush for a pod while I was in concealment. I set all my guys but one to overwatch, and the last guy threw a grenade at the pod to activate it. I figured I'd do some burst damage, shred some armor, and the aliens would scatter and get turned to swiss cheese by the rest of my overwatch'd team. Instead what happened was. . . Nothing. The aliens literally made no moves and just stood still. Didn't take cover, didn't overwatch, didn't fire, anything. I just killed em and moved on, figuring the game's turn order bugged out a bit. But then the aliens didn;'t do anything for the rest of the mission. I literally could run right into range and they didn't even trigger or anything, just stood still while my soldiers mowed em down.

Then they were still bugged when I started the next mission so I decided that was a good time to call a break. hopefully they're not still glitched out or I might need to start my campaign over. I might end up needing to do that anyway since I kinda procrastinated on the Avatar project doing the fun DLC missions that I've never seen before and researching the tier two guns and armor. Hopefully I've not screwed myself one way or another :v:

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

RareAcumen posted:

So thanks and drat you for not announcing this in the new thread thread.

I forgot that the new thread thread is a thing. Whoops.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
I made a terrible mistake and went and skull jacked my first guy during the middle of the first Blacksite mission.

Woops. :negative:

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Phuzzy posted:

I made a terrible mistake and went and skull jacked my first guy during the middle of the first Blacksite mission.

Ask me about skull jacking the second guy with my soldier that also activated the two pods I mentioned in one of my previous posts. :suicide:

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

ousire posted:

I think the JAIDS is infecting my game through the LP. Just had the enemies bug out on a mission.

I set up an ambush for a pod while I was in concealment. I set all my guys but one to overwatch, and the last guy threw a grenade at the pod to activate it. I figured I'd do some burst damage, shred some armor, and the aliens would scatter and get turned to swiss cheese by the rest of my overwatch'd team. Instead what happened was. . . Nothing. The aliens literally made no moves and just stood still. Didn't take cover, didn't overwatch, didn't fire, anything. I just killed em and moved on, figuring the game's turn order bugged out a bit. But then the aliens didn;'t do anything for the rest of the mission. I literally could run right into range and they didn't even trigger or anything, just stood still while my soldiers mowed em down.

Then they were still bugged when I started the next mission so I decided that was a good time to call a break. hopefully they're not still glitched out or I might need to start my campaign over. I might end up needing to do that anyway since I kinda procrastinated on the Avatar project doing the fun DLC missions that I've never seen before and researching the tier two guns and armor. Hopefully I've not screwed myself one way or another :v:

I've seen that happen before, and yes just exiting the game and reloading does fix it.

Of course I'm hardly surprised when things don't work right playing given I'm on the Mac version and Feral can't even be assed to get the last DLC released. Fuckers.

EDIT: Ha ha ha they literally released it today. Christ.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Phuzzy posted:

:xcom:

(Don't worry everybody makes that mistake once)

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Ask me about my first skulljack that killed my Ironman run.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Attestant posted:

Ask me about my first skulljack that killed my Ironman run.

Same. RIP Scotty "Mayday" McKay, too good and pure for this world. I downloaded the memorial pool mod just for you :scotland:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Inspired by this I've reinstalled the first game, I've never finished because my original saves in classic difficulty got corrupted just before the final mission and gived up. Today I started a bew game and anfter several succesful missions, I had to repeat the same mission due to the game bugging. gently caress this, JAIDS everywhere.

• Locked thread