Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

SunshineDanceParty posted:

So how good is Alica Fox? I've only been watching wrestling for the last year and a half, and during that time she's been injured or playing 3rd with the Bellas, so I really have no idea. I've just been thinking how the brand split is going to work with the women's division, and I don't know what her strengths and weakness are besides seeing some nasty landings on her head.

one time the IWC declared that Alica Fox had the best Fisherman's Suplex in the company. The next Raw Jericho comes out and does a picture perfect Fisherman's Suplex. So Alice Fox rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Alicia Fox is great. Not the best in the world, but she gets being a heel and has some impressive moves and flexibility.

Ditto for Summer really

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I wish they would have run a little longer with crazy Fox. I know it's basically their go to gimmick for women in the last decade, but she really was good at it.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
alicia fox is the best

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Sting did snitch on some folks. Sting found God, told his wife about his infidelities, and because Sting and Lex were legit quite close, I guess their wives were friends. Well, Mrs. Sting told Mrs. Luger what had been going on, and I guess Lex was doing that stuff too. Maybe they tag teamed a lady or two, who knows. Anyways, it basically killed Lex and Sting's real-life friendship. I'm not sure Sting ever caught an rear end whooping for that one, I don't recall hearing that.

Fake edit: I guess MRT clarified, but this is a more wordy version? Whatevs, now you know the story, basically.

I think they may have mended things because Sting helped him find God iirc.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Alicia's tilt a whirl backbreaker is her best move. Always looks nasty (As an aside, does it seem like the women work exponentially stiffer or is that me) Love the way she pushes them off with such disdain after the move hits before she gets her 2 count.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

beggar posted:

Alicia's tilt a whirl backbreaker is her best move. Always looks nasty (As an aside, does it seem like the women work exponentially stiffer or is that me) Love the way she pushes them off with such disdain after the move hits before she gets her 2 count.

that rude push is the best part of an excellent move

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Alicia has a few moves she does really, really well, and she brings a lot of strong character work into her matches.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I wasn't watching when it happened so could someone give a good overview of the HHH Reign of Terror? I know he held the belt for a long time and it was the height of his political power at the time, but can someone tell me how bad it was?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

20 minute rambling promos to start *every single show*.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
It wasn't the height of his power but it was loving boring yeah

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

From August/sept of 2002 HHH held the belt until April of 2005 except for like 4 months and the majority of his matches were slow plodding affairs due to lots of bad opponents as well as HHH being way too huge and working injured.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

OldTennisCourt posted:

I wasn't watching when it happened so could someone give a good overview of the HHH Reign of Terror? I know he held the belt for a long time and it was the height of his political power at the time, but can someone tell me how bad it was?

He did a storyline where he all but said "blacks are not good enough to be World Champion, and I'll prove it by beating Booker T at Wrestlemania" and then he beat Booker T.

Adding insult to injury, it took him forever to make the cover.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

imo booker t should have been a top guy

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Kennel posted:

I need some easy entertainment. Post a few fun spotfests.

tia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD0Ddp1V-xg

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Shine posted:

He did a Wrestlemania storyline where he all but said "blacks are not good enough to be World Champion, and I'll prove it by beating Booker T" and then he beat Booker T.

Adding insult to injury, it took him forever to make the cover.

Vince/HHH have tried so hard to make it out like he meant ~criminals~ that by this point it'd be better if they just said "Yeah, it was real loving bad and never should have happened"

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

What percentage of the people participating in the CWC do you figure will get NXT or Main Roster contracts for the WWE?

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS

TV Zombie posted:

What percentage of the people participating in the CWC do you figure will get NXT or Main Roster contracts for the WWE?

38% give or take 3%

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

TV Zombie posted:

141 and 2/3

Normal Not Odd
Nov 5, 2003

what a t e r r i b l e world

what a b e a u t i f u l world

oldpainless posted:

141 and 2/3

HUH?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

SunshineDanceParty posted:

So how good is Alica Fox? I've only been watching wrestling for the last year and a half, and during that time she's been injured or playing 3rd with the Bellas, so I really have no idea. I've just been thinking how the brand split is going to work with the women's division, and I don't know what her strengths and weakness are besides seeing some nasty landings on her head.

Would be surprised if management gets behind her in any big way. Firstly she's been slotted as a jobber for so long and secondly she recently has been dealing with personal issues which was why she was off for threes months.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

beggar posted:

Agreed. Her 2nd best move is easily one of the best bridging northern lights suplexes I've ever seen. She always gets way up on the points of her toes and it rules.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
I just remember there being one day where she showed up on Main Event or something and all of a sudden she was carrying herself and moving in the ring like a wrestler instead of like a model who was trying to be a wrestler. She used to be Diva Search competitor level hot garbage in the ring but she's sooooo much better now.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Alicia would be best served by training at the performance center but I totally understand why she wouldn't want to take an apparent demotion

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

oldpainless posted:

141 and 2/3

That math checks out, Señor Joe. The numbers don't lie.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Didn't someone print out a giant :words: sign and put it up when HHH was walking down during his entrance or something and he noticed it, and pointed it out to HBK?

I do, however, know someone that printed out a :gay: sign and it appeared on raw in the crowd. I have no idea when that was, but it was certainly screen capped on here at the time, it might have even lead to the the whole :words: sign being made.

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.

SG Bamboo posted:

That math checks out, Señor Joe. The numbers don't lie.

And the numbers spell disaster for you, at Sacrifice.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

rovert posted:

Would be surprised if management gets behind her in any big way. Firstly she's been slotted as a jobber for so long and secondly she recently has been dealing with personal issues which was why she was off for threes months.

Much like Dolph hasn't she been sort of a company man that's been around for a while and probably is going to go on to have some kind of backstage job or training center slot for life?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Much like Dolph hasn't she been sort of a company man that's been around for a while and probably is going to go on to have some kind of backstage job or training center slot for life?

I think you have her confused with KANE

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

The Demon Alicia Fox is the gimmick we need to finally put her in a good run.

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013
What's the TNA audience like? They don't seem to be really into it, and they don't seem to 'get' Broken Matt Hardy at all. Plus when Jeff addresses them it's like he's in a panto. Is it still a free audience, smark-free, or what?

Like, if Broken Matt was happening anywhere else, given the Internet culture we live in, wouldn't it be over as hell? Like, crazy crazy popular.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

magnum_valentino posted:

What's the TNA audience like? They don't seem to be really into it, and they don't seem to 'get' Broken Matt Hardy at all. Plus when Jeff addresses them it's like he's in a panto. Is it still a free audience, smark-free, or what?

Like, if Broken Matt was happening anywhere else, given the Internet culture we live in, wouldn't it be over as hell? Like, crazy crazy popular.

The audience is made up of people who are at Universal Studios and want to sit down for a bit. I don't think they've changed anything about the admittance setup, so actual die hard TNA fans can only get in the door if there are free seats.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I think both NXT and Fox would mutually benefit in a scenario like that, since NXT currently has only one established female talent and it wouldn't hurt to bring down someone else to fill in the gaps while others are being built up, and Fox can refine her character and get over much better when she returns to the main roster. Going to NXT did wonders for Tyson Kidd, and it's not like he was a bad wrestler before.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
What the hell is up with Punk's character in 2012 and early 2013? I'm watching clips and he's just constantly coming off like a whiny rear end in a top hat that serves as nothing except to be a punching bag for the Rock. Watching him throw a tantrum in the ring after the '13 Rumble is hurting my soul.

People always tell me heel Punk is better than face Punk, but this is really making me wonder. :(

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

oatgan posted:

Alicia would be best served by training at the performance center but I totally understand why she wouldn't want to take an apparent demotion

Alicia Fox is one of the women who came in under the "all Divas should be hot bikini models" mandate, had minimal training, and was bad for a while, but hung in so long that she eventually got to be pretty decent. In this time creative has done almost literally nothing with her so she has no character to speak of, but she tries.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

VJeff posted:

What the hell is up with Punk's character in 2012 and early 2013? I'm watching clips and he's just constantly coming off like a whiny rear end in a top hat that serves as nothing except to be a punching bag for the Rock. Watching him throw a tantrum in the ring after the '13 Rumble is hurting my soul.

People always tell me heel Punk is better than face Punk, but this is really making me wonder. :(

They say the best wrestling characters are just your real personality cranked up a few notches

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Maxwell Lord posted:

Alicia Fox is one of the women who came in under the "all Divas should be hot bikini models" mandate, had minimal training, and was bad for a while, but hung in so long that she eventually got to be pretty decent. In this time creative has done almost literally nothing with her so she has no character to speak of, but she tries.
It's funny to remember that she debuted as Edge and Vicki's wedding planner. Then reappeared as the valet of "DJ Gabriel" on WWECW. Then I assume went to developmental some more and started wrestling on her own.

Funny career trajectory; similar to Ziggler with the gimmick shifts although I think she's been the same kayfabe character the whole time.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

Charles Gnarwin posted:

actual die hard TNA fans can only get in the door if there are free seats.

This seems like a pretty appropriate fate.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Halloween Jack posted:

Not technically backstage, but the Steiners were fond of taking liberties with jobbers in the ring, just because they could and it made them look good to work stiff. They could get away with it because they were legitimately tough, skilled wrestlers, and the guys they were beating up were usually jobbers who probably felt like they had to put up with it. The most notorious example is probably their match with the Nasty Boys. Much later in his career, after WCW, Rick Steiner got his rear end kicked for trying to take liberties with Vordell Walker, an indie guy with legit MMA training.

Is there more info on this incident? Vordell wrestles locally a lot and I'm a big fan but had never heard this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scott Justice
Jul 15, 2007
Hot Justice just sounds better
Any stories of match outcomes changing due to in ring injuries? Like champ gets injured and changes the finish so the other guy gets the win instead?