Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Tatum Girlparts posted:

this but instead of soy sauce a spoonful of spicy chili sauce is my go-to easy breakfast, yea.

That is a good addition.

For added aroma, before your whites set, add a bit of green chopped scallions and/or minced garlic. It'll look pretty and be delicious!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Mirage posted:

Fun fact: Many stoves have adjustable legs/feet that screw in and out to level the cooktop.

I'll have to check on that! My stove is a piece of poo poo that I've wanted to replace since I moved into this house, it had really never occurred to me to check for leveling feet.

krnhotwings
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
For anybody interested in some awesome egg dishes presented by Jacques Pepin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8QIDHla6iA

That's probably one of my favorite cooking videos.

For French style scrambled eggs or omelettes, I'll usually start off with a medium-lowish heat and constantly move the eggs around 'til they've started coagulating,. Then I'll crank up to high, while still constantly stirring/folding, to get the texture that I'm looking for (though I have a ceramic glass top, so "high" probably wouldn't be quite the same as "high" on, say, gas in terms of speed. Needless to say: watch your heat.)

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

krnhotwings posted:

watch your heat

Sound advice for all cooking, really. I love to use my smoker, and regularly smoke pork shoulders and ribs in it (past 8 hours I've been smoking a mutton leg with a mix of maple, hickory and applewood). Only times it has turned out bad for me the heat was too low or too high (smoking should be done at 250-300℉/120-150℃)

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
They're all the cutest.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Has this been posted?

Translated interview with the voice actors
https://seiyuuplus.wordpress.com/2016/07/11/123-amaama-to-inazuma-nakamura-yuichi-hayami-saori-endo-rina/

quote:

Nakamura: This is an aggressive kind of programme that promotes so-called late-night ‘food terrorism’

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

New thread title?

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

quote:

Endo: Also, Tsumugi-chan often sings and all those songs are my own ad-libs. Please look out for them.
holy crap that's adorable

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Crunchyroll makes the Hamburg steak recipe.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-feature/2016/07/27-1/feature-cooking-with-anime-hamburger-steak-from-sweetness-lightning

It does look good, guess maybe i'll give it a shot this weekend as well.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
what kind of failure of a person doesn't like eggs though

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Everything Burrito posted:

holy crap that's adorable

:allears:

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

smenj posted:

Takes a while, but means you don't get eggs with burns and bubbles.

See, my ideal egg is the opposite of this, you get that oil blazing hot and drop that defenseless egg in there so it gets all sorts of crispy bits with bubbles. Yum!

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

My preferred way to eat an egg is beaten (not completely scrambled) with a little salt and pepper, fried on a pan and added to an English muffin, some form of breakfast pork (I prefer sausage) and a slice of cheese in the form of a sandwich.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Wow, have more emotional investment in these characters after one episode than I do in pretty much anything else.

I'm guessing Tsumugi is voiced by an actual kid? Sounds like it.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nitrousoxide posted:

yep, 10 years old and also voiced one of the kids in Barakamon

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

Nitrousoxide posted:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Call me crazy, but I find the idea of a 12 year old pretending to be 5 to be still kind of weird. I mean, I respect her as an actress, but it's not all that different from a 30 year old pretending to be a teenager, imo.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
she's 10, and having an actual child voice a child character adds a lot of authenticity that you wouldn't get having an older actor put on a fake childish voice, it's kinda not really the same thing at all.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Also lol at the idea of directing a 5 year old.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Everything Burrito posted:

she's 10, and having an actual child voice a child character adds a lot of authenticity that you wouldn't get having an older actor put on a fake childish voice, it's kinda not really the same thing at all.

10 is still far enough removed from 5 that she'd have put on a fake childish affectation anyway.

I'm not saying using an actual 5 year old would've been practical, but it's the same thing they always do except with a child actor.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jul 29, 2016

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Clarste posted:

10 is still far enough removed from 5 that she'd have put on a fake childish affectation anyway.

I'm not saying using an actual 5 year old would've been practical, but it's the same thing they always do except with a child actor.

I'm pretty sure that a 10 year old can act like a 5 year old better than a 20+ year old can, also a 10 year old will actually have the voice of a child. Furthermore even if they got a 5 year old the child would still be acting, still be directed to say the appropriate lines with the appropriate intonation so using a 5 year old would still be inauthentic enough that complaints and criticisms like yours would still have validity. You are presenting an irresolvable problem as a critique, it's not really a fair criticism because of its inherent irresolvability.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Clarste posted:

Well, the only alternatives you've left here are going even older than the current actor, finding some hypothetical ideal space between five and ten, or just not voicing her at all. I don't think any of those are better.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

As someone who doesn't speak any Japanese the voice actress was very believable and made the character adorable, which I think they were going for.

Maybe if you speak Japanese her intonations, reading, and vocab aren't believable, i have no idea, but they work for me.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Really aside from cadence, grammar, vocab kids sound about the same until they hit puberty, so I see no problems with a talented 10 year old playing younger roles.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'd pay good money to watch someone direct a 5 year old

ThisIsNoZaku
Apr 22, 2013

Pew Pew Pew!
Who else was amused by her velcro shoes?

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I'd pay good money to watch someone direct a 5 year old

Watch Baby Geniuses.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Nitrousoxide posted:

Watch Baby Geniuses.

what have I done to offend you, why do you wish this harm on me?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Nitrousoxide posted:

Watch Baby Geniuses.

Wow, rude.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

:stare:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

:)

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

drat you, Yanda! :argh:
I mean Yagi!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

I was so sure the blonde guy was going to be Tsumugi's uncle, on her mother's side, from anime-hair-matching and, well, the serious uncle-vibe the guy was emitting.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i want a donut now

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Cake Attack posted:

i want a donut now

Pictured: you

krnhotwings
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Oh my god... I actually came home sick today 'cause I ate too many loving donuts at work...

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
This show is too cute. It's not safe.

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010
Mmm donuts.

And there is no such thing as too cute. Diabetic coma cute maybe but the fluffiness levels are still within acceptable parameters.

Also the clear OTP is Kotori x Food

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

QQmore posted:

And there is no such thing as too cute. Diabetic coma cute maybe but the fluffiness levels are still within acceptable parameters.

wtf are you kidding they made her shoes squeak with each step. these motherfuckers are trying to kill us all.

• Locked thread