Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is best in life?
This poll is closed.
Idols 44 15.22%
Baps 77 26.64%
Robots 72 24.91%
3d 38 13.15%
Touhous 58 20.07%
Total: 289 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i imagine pocky is like biscotti where it seems like it should be tasty but its really disappointing every time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

It's a virtual Sakura...why?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Julias posted:

It's a virtual Sakura...why?
click sakura... really fast

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I tried some sort of pocky with chocolate and nuts on it that was pretty good but the regular kind looks pretty bleh

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i play stupid phone games ALL THE TIME

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Pocky's okay.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

voltcatfish posted:

i play stupid phone games ALL THE TIME

Same.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

death to phone games

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

whats shining wind is that aphone game

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

exactly

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Decided not to watch Shin Sekai Yori because it sounds way heavier than what I really feel up for at the moment. That said, I've been wanting a bit more action than I'm getting from all the SOL stuff I've been watch for the past few months - do you fine goons think FMA:B would be a good fit? Been meaning to get around to it for literal years.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Spiritus Nox posted:

Decided not to watch Shin Sekai Yori because it sounds way heavier than what I really feel up for at the moment. That said, I've been wanting a bit more action than I'm getting from all the SOL stuff I've been watch for the past few months - do you fine goons think FMA:B would be a good fit? Been meaning to get around to it for literal years.
warning: the feels

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

read the fma manga

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Spiritus Nox posted:

Fullmetal Alchemist is a really good adaptation of a really good manga.

It's got action, a bunch of character development, a wide array of genuinely interesting and varied characters, and a nice cohesive plot that all comes together.

Though the earlier episodes may be confusing if you haven't read the manga, because Brotherhood assumes that you've already read the manga or watched the first adaptation. So the first few volumes are sorta rushed or have the order changed around (not the events themselves, but flashbacks are shown earlier if I recall) and one short arc is pretty much cut out entirely.

But it's so so so so so so so so good.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Fmab is one of those shows I enjoyed watching once but I have little interest in seeing the whole thing again.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
FMA is really good shounen adventure.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
It's like the ocarina of time of shounen.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Fmab is one of those shows I enjoyed watching once but I have little interest in seeing the whole thing again.

I like going back and watching bits and pieces of my favorite moments.

Usually the final battle but also some earlier scenes.

I don't think I'd rewatch the earlier episodes though.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

It's like the ocarina of time of shounen.

I'd say it's more like the Sonic the Hedgehog of Shonen.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Spiritus Nox posted:

I picked Rabi-Ribi up after letting it sit on my backlog a while, completed the prologue. This seems nice. A little cheap and definitely fanservicey, but the combat and bullet-hell elements feel surprisingly good for a low-budget metroidvania clone, and I kind of dig how unabashedly goofy and low-stakes it is early on.

If they're all kenomonomimi girls with a lack of pants because 100% of the dev team loves cute girls in their favorite anime, and only some of the fans like it and the rest are like "well it plays good but it's so ANIME ugh," the term seems pointless. At best you could say it's zero-sum, but in reality less people play it than the quality deserves and I dunno, the term seems stretched at that point.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Olivier Armstrong is the most powerful

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Well actually Izumi is but she's not quite as cool

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

voltcatfish posted:

i actually have like 18 touhou figures

burbo would be proud, possibly

Hm, depends

Which characters

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Rodyle posted:

Olivier Armstrong is the most powerful

:yeah:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Type Moon: Ok everyone what yall think of a fate/stay night game where you can have a party of servants that number on the hundreds and they all are designed by big artists and have cool VAs and the story is gonna be done by Nasu and a bunch of cool writers
Me: Oh hell yes
Type Moon: Excwpt its gonna be a phone gamr that fucks you in the rear end if you dont spens money with a ravenous gacha system, has fucky servers and bans you after six months for having a western ip
Me: Ffffuuuuuuuuuuu

Same

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Poinu is a great pun.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I like going back and watching bits and pieces of my favorite moments.

Usually the final battle but also some earlier scenes.

I don't think I'd rewatch the earlier episodes though.

Same

Julias posted:

I'd say it's more like the Sonic the Hedgehog of Shonen.

That's enough... too far.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

homeless snail posted:

help

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

homeless snail posted:

Sakura Clicker.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm re-reading a manga to get to the new volume I just got, and I'm torn between wanting to get through the next volume tonight so I can start the new one and saving it for another night to make it last longer because I love reading it and don't want to be finished.

Also knowing it'll probably be a year+ before I get to read the next volume is depressing.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

when does granblue babefactory come out for vita

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Hi guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
hnnnng it's difficult but I'm gonna save the next book, because I already know it ends on a cliffhanger and I'll want to start the next one right away

• Locked thread