Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Those episode titles cover 47 chapters, stretching it to 49-50 chapters to have a modicum of resolution, which would put it at about 4 chapters an episode, same as OPM. There has to be a 2nd cour to get to the broccoli.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
That schedule looks fine to me, honestly. They'll probably pick up the pace from here on out, and I don't blame them; this manga is pretty great, but there are definitely a few scenes that could be skipped without losing anything.

Also I definitely believe there'll be a second cour now, since there's no way they're ending the anime on the tsuchinoko chapter.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There are assets for two cours on the website.

http://mobpsycho100.com/core_sys/images/main/story/epno24.png

e: There's a new chapter in Japanese so an English translation ought to happen pretty soon.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jul 14, 2016

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

http://bato.to/reader#de6cdb29274b0757

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang

This arc is picking up quickly, I like it. The omake was great, as usual.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Gonna be honest... I don't remember who that guy at the end was.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

All you really need to know is that he was once bald.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

mabels big day posted:

Gonna be honest... I don't remember who that guy at the end was.

That was Teruki, #2 Esper protagonist behind Mob. He changes his look a lot, ever since all his hair went away.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Mob-Psycho-100/Ch-096-001?id=304581

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
It looks like the Mob impersonator is the tree itself.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I appreciate Teru.

He tries.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
This "God" reminds me of Homeless Emperor's "God" in OPM.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

gnome7 posted:

That was Teruki, #2 Esper protagonist behind Mob. He changes his look a lot, ever since all his hair went away.
Yeah Teru has a bunch of makeovers, both hair-wise and wardrobe-wise. It's a lot easier to notice when you binge-read theseries from the start in anticipation of the anime :v:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Gave the first chapter of this a go after seeing some folks raving about it, it was ok but does the art improve significantly in this series because boy that first chapter is really terrible looking, like it's basically doodles but made into an actual product

I've read some series with awful art before but this is far and away the worst looking, to the point that I'm not sure I could overlook it if it stays that way throughout, which is unfortunate because a ton of people are super psyched about it.

Like I love one punch man, but the Murata version, I tried to read the one version and could not stomach the art at all.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

It's still ONE all the way through and it's still always super sketchy and awkward except for those rare moments where he actually puts effort in. You either kind of like how he does stuff, or you don't, and if you don't you're definitely better off just watching the anime because it basically captures all the sketchy charm of the series with none of the... roughness.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
It does start to look a little better, but it never stops being like this.

It's a great comic and the art is part of the charm

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Captain Invictus posted:

Gave the first chapter of this a go after seeing some folks raving about it, it was ok but does the art improve significantly in this series because boy that first chapter is really terrible looking, like it's basically doodles but made into an actual product

I've read some series with awful art before but this is far and away the worst looking, to the point that I'm not sure I could overlook it if it stays that way throughout, which is unfortunate because a ton of people are super psyched about it.

Like I love one punch man, but the Murata version, I tried to read the one version and could not stomach the art at all.

It gets better, but the style never really changes.

If you really cannot stomach the comic, that's okay. Go check out the anime instead.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Asimo posted:

It's still ONE all the way through and it's still always super sketchy and awkward except for those rare moments where he actually puts effort in. You either kind of like how he does stuff, or you don't, and if you don't you're definitely better off just watching the anime because it basically captures all the sketchy charm of the series with none of the... roughness.

I know what Im going to say is like 800% of all my posts in ONE threads:

He's a better comic artist than most mangaka.
The most important thing is not having your comic look like a disparate mishmash of unconnected scenes. ONE has that firmly mastered.
The second is framing and conveyance of motion. ONE also has that down pat.
Murata's stuff is just ONE's overlaid with high details and some anatomy fixes for the updated artstyle.

Besides It adds so much to the charm of it all.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Jul 24, 2016

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Sorry, not everyone can appreciate doodle art as charming. But if the anime captures the quality of the manga's humor and creativity while also making it look decent, I'll look into it, since I do like one's ability to do absurd humor well.

Thanks you guys for replying without frothing at the mouth, I know I've said I wasn't into [thing] for some series in the past and people immediately go all :byodood: about it. That chapter 96 page looks much better but still not really my thing, though the hands look better than a lot of manga artists for sure.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Jul 24, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ONE's art definitely isn't for all, but it's also very much intentional (His twitter handle is ONE_rakugaki, which essentially means doodle/scribble). If you don't like it, you don't like it, but if you can get into it, there's a lot of joy in both his OPM and MP100 that the adaptations might not nail.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

Captain Invictus posted:

Sorry, not everyone can appreciate doodle art as charming. But if the anime captures the quality of the manga's humor and creativity while also making it look decent, I'll look into it, since I do like one's ability to do absurd humor well.

Thanks you guys for replying without frothing at the mouth, I know I've said I wasn't into [thing] for some series in the past and people immediately go all :byodood: about it. That chapter 96 page looks much better but still not really my thing, though the hands look better than a lot of manga artists for sure.

Certainly check out the anime, it's shaping up to be an even better adaptation than OPM. The animation looks more than decent, it looks spectacular.

Theowulv
Feb 21, 2015

My wall can now attack
Really excited for tomorrows episode, this is where the manga hooked me.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

ONE's usual stuff has the look of notebook doodles, but that just means when he goes all out it really hits you

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

ONE is a great example that good storytelling in comics is more about pacing and characters, less about technical drawing ability. It's really a gift that he wasn't deterred from making manga by his art skills.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

You know how some manga are the result of a writer and an artist collaborating? ONE's the writer.

Sometimes he even has an artist.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Doesn't quite hold up, because he's good at a lot of the artist's tasks as well, just not the mechanical execution of the brush strokes.

It's like he's making a TV series, and in addition to writing it he's also directing it effortlessly, can build fantastic stages and setpieces, has a genuine knack for lighting out scenes perfectly, has a good ear for the sound and music direction of a scene, and also does all the costumes himself. But he's not a good actor.

When he gets someone to act for him instead of having to do it himself, we get OPM via Murata.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LtSw0r-2z4

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
EDIT: Wait this is the Manga thread, ignore me

I even put ANIME THREAD in the other one's title so I wouldn't make this mistake and I still do it

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

this is the manga thread

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

http://bato.to/reader#73a3456fb1797e1e_1

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

El Burbo posted:

ONE's usual stuff has the look of notebook doodles, but that just means when he goes all out it really hits you

What is that from???

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

ONE has works other than Mob and OPM???

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Pewdiepie posted:

ONE has works other than Mob and OPM???

That is OPM

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Though he does have one other manga, which finished

https://bato.to/comic/_/comics/makai-no-ossan-r8850

It's pretty good

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

El Burbo posted:

That is OPM

Oh maybe I should start reading that manga again. I felt it had lost its mojo.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Pewdiepie posted:

Oh maybe I should start reading that manga again. I felt it had lost its mojo.

Where did you get to?

The arc where that page is from is really good.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

El Burbo posted:

Where did you get to?

The arc where that page is from is really good.

The dude with the bat was fighting centipedes.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
That part and the current arc (the tournament) are unique to the Murata redraw which the anime is based off of. I don't remember which chapter the ONE version leads off of from that, but from that point it does nothing but gain mojo. Easily my favorite content in the whole comic.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Pewdiepie posted:

Are you talking about the redraw with Murata? I do not recall that with the original OPM.

Edit: Beaten to the punch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Pewdiepie posted:

Oh

That plus all the stuff that's happening in the redraw is stuff that is new to the redraw, in ONE's version none of that is there and it goes from Garou beating up the tank top guys straight to the meat of the arc.

I guess I appreciate that the events are being fleshed out and the art is still great, but the more time passes I just want it to end already because it's just not interesting.