Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Plus with Mike in prison there has been almost none of the banter :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
OTOH the Louis and Stock broker dude going at it was pretty hilarious.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Holyshoot posted:

OTOH the Louis and Stock broker dude going at it was pretty hilarious.

Yeah, the elevator was a little too ham fisted, but overall it was pretty good.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
Wow this show really sucks now.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

The suck was here all along.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Harvey is still a dick and again runs over Louis to get what he wants. That's one of the things I'm most sick of.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

KilGrey posted:

Harvey is still a dick and again runs over Louis to get what he wants. That's one of the things I'm most sick of.

Someone in the writing room really has had it in for Louis. Every redemption or powerplay has been capsized the episode after it happened for like forever.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I'm enjoying this season and Louis deserves all the poo poo he gets. Even when he's redeeming himself he still manages to screw up.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Murphy Brownback posted:

I'm enjoying this season and Louis deserves all the poo poo he gets. Even when he's redeeming himself he still manages to screw up.

He is a screw up, but he tries. At the end of the day, he's got a big heart. He's the sort of person that when he's a dick, it's born out of defense from always being poo poo on his whole life. Harvey is just an arrogant rear end in a top hat. If Harvey went to him and said he needed the trader douche on his side for something, they could have worked something out to get Harvey what he wanted and Louis the chance to save face in the process. Instead, Harvey just steam rolled him.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The believability of this bit is kind of low.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

muscles like this? posted:

The believability of this bit is kind of low.

Lol if you watch this show for believability. I'd akin it to banshee in its ridiculousness.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Holyshoot posted:

Lol if you watch this show for believability. I'd akin it to banshee in its ridiculousness.

I feel Dexter is the better comparison. Everyone never learns anything and even when it seems like the status quo has changed it's all the loving same.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

MiddleOne posted:

I feel Dexter is the better comparison. Everyone never learns anything and even when it seems like the status quo has changed it's all the loving same.

True but The lawyers at suits come off a lot more competent(in the end) then the Miami PD in Dexter.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I really couldn't care less about whether Mike snitches on his roommate or whatever happens to him in jail. In fact, they should just forget about Mike for a while.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well, apparently USA is happy with how things are going as it got renewed for a seventh season.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I like the show. If Royal Pains can get 8 seasons, anything can.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

LorneReams posted:

I like the show. If Royal Pains can get 8 seasons, anything can.

This. USA knows a show like Mr. Robot doesn't come along that often, so they'll take the Royal Pains/Burn Notice/White Collars where they can. Suits fits pretty well in there.

White Collar ruled though, now that I think about it

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
White Collar was good. I really liked the Rebecca/Rachel plot.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Senerio posted:

White Collar was good. I really liked the Rebecca/Rachel plot.

source your quotes

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I will say that USA usually gives its popular shows good sendoffs (e.g. White Collar, Royal Pains, Burn Notice, Psych, Monk, etc.)

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Holyshoot posted:

source your quotes

My standards are low. It kept my attention.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

LorneReams posted:

I will say that USA usually gives its popular shows good sendoffs (e.g. White Collar, Royal Pains, Burn Notice, Psych, Monk, etc.)

Ehh Burn Notices was debatable.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Holyshoot posted:

Ehh Burn Notices was debatable.

Well compare it to The Glades where they ended on the shittiest of cliff hangers. An ending is an ending at least.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

LorneReams posted:

Well compare it to The Glades where they ended on the shittiest of cliff hangers. An ending is an ending at least.

Never saw that show. Sounds right. Reminds me of the Revolution ending. But that was because they got canceled and I presume they thought they would be renewed.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

By the end of the season Harvey is going to represent everyone in the prison.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Holyshoot posted:

Never saw that show. Sounds right. Reminds me of the Revolution ending. But that was because they got canceled and I presume they thought they would be renewed.

A lot of times cancellation notices come after production is over.

patentmagus
May 19, 2013

I think Cahill is setting up Harvey for disbarment. It's really unethical to represent Mike's cell mate and that fund guy. He's clearly conflicted no matter how he tries to sell that he'd do the same thing even if :words:.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

patentmagus posted:

I think Cahill is setting up Harvey for disbarment. It's really unethical to represent Mike's cell mate and that fund guy. He's clearly conflicted no matter how he tries to sell that he'd do the same thing even if :words:.

We don't even know what the cellmate is in for - Cahill claims he knows something about the old dude's firm (since he was an employee), he claims it was a drunk driving incident. Unless I missed something it hasn't been confirmed.

That said - the trader tenant dude is quickly becoming an interesting character (relative to most new characters here). Mostly in that not only was he completely oblivious to the history of the firm, but that he didn't immediately rush to judgment about it. That's a little more nuanced than I generally expect from Suits.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

Shooting Blanks posted:

We don't even know what the cellmate is in for - Cahill claims he knows something about the old dude's firm (since he was an employee), he claims it was a drunk driving incident. Unless I missed something it hasn't been confirmed.

The drunk driving is what put him in jail, it's the topic he and his wife were fighting about that set him off that Mike needs to get him to talk about.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Dude probably burned his bridges with Mike by telling him it was drunk driving. This is not going to turn out well for him.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That wood sequence was golden, I can't even imagine how hard that was to film.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

What is going on with Rachel's shirt? She looks like she's turning into a terminator.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Louis :unsmith:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Kwyndig posted:

That wood sequence was golden, I can't even imagine how hard that was to film.

Yea, I would love to see some out takes of that.

More like Louis :yikes:

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Aug 18, 2016

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

There has got to be something wrong with the chick Louis is after. As much as I'd like to see him happy, the writers love to hurt him. :(

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Holyshoot posted:

Yea, I would love to see some out takes of that.

More like Louis :yikes:

Just having Donna run out of the room with an "oh my god" seems like an outtake. Totally seemed out of character but was absolutely hilarious.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mike, nobody cares about this guy. Just betray him and then feel bad about it.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Man Louis, that's hosed up.

Oh no, death row guy!

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH
Well that sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Was wondering when our daily dose of Louis getting poo poo on would happen. Glad to see it kind of did. Thought for a second there that there was a glitch in the matrix since he was doing so well.

• Locked thread