Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

Teenage Fansub posted:

The poor decision was Greg Pak simultaneously making the All-Star jumping girl an in-universe character and bumping her off to make Superman feel bad.
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/12/19/greg-pak-just-killed-off-regan-star-superman/

e: and that storyline being called Superman's Joker. I just remembered that one.

ee: I think giving a gallows tribute to your sacred cow moments after ten years is a healthy thing. The moment linked here is far more crass to me.

Greg Pak didn't kill that girl though. She comes back at the end of the story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Die Laughing posted:

I'm shocked Batman still has that rear end ugly logo. Who thought that was a good idea worth keeping around for five years? I'm irrationally angry about comic book logos.

I'm into it defining Snyder's whole run, but give King a new deal.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/robwilliams71/status/758945724314685440 tight

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Tocchini is great. Low has some of the best artwork around, when it actually comes out that is.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Holy poo poo, this is beautiful.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Holy poo poo, I need a poster of this asap.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I'm a little angry that I gave D_T the benefit of the doubt and bought the Red Hood book. the adventures of Whiney, bitch boy rebelling against dad was not good.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
:shrug: Shame you didn't liked but the book has had and overwhelmingly positive response everywhere else.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

I gave D_T the benefit of the doubt

:laffo: why

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

:shrug: Shame you didn't liked but the book has had and overwhelmingly positive response everywhere else.

I sincerely doubt anyone but you (and us to a degree) gives enough of a poo poo to form an opinion one way or another.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

CharlestheHammer posted:

I sincerely doubt anyone but you (and us to a degree) gives enough of a poo poo to form an opinion one way or another.

http://comicbookroundup.com/comic-books/reviews/dc-comics/red-hood-and-the-outlaws-rebirth/1

EDIT:

https://twitter.com/dextersoy/status/759072110056574977

:allears:

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Jul 30, 2016

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

This week i bought 6(!) books which is too many books.

Action Comics was a solid read this week, but was brought down by the sporadic terrible art. The book isn't going to revolutionize the genre and the story feels like a classic superhero punch them up. The biggest issue is everything seems to be spinning its wheels. The bimonthly format is exasperating problems that are starting to pop up in the story.

Hal Jordan and the green lantern corps was a very good read and the art was great. I know Hal is hated here, but this is the good GL book and probably the third best rebirth title right now. The story is interesting, but green lantern has been strongest in the modern era when it involves the corps. The ending to has me pumped. I'm probably most excited about reading this book at this point.

Nightwing was an enjoyable read and the art was OK. Nothing blew me away here, but I want to continue reading it. The only complaint is I feel that I should have read the previous Nightwing title.

Detective Comics was a fantastic read and the art was great. The story is fantastic. I love the concepts being tossed around. Every character is good and enjoyable. I have no problems with this book. It is so good.

Titans was not good. The story was fine, but the dialog and the art were both awful. I did like the reappearance of a classic villain that I guess hadn't been around. It is disappointing thought that the character appeared as the obvious red herring. This would be the worst book of the week if not for the other title i purchased. I will give it another issue before dropping.

Finally the 2nd worst Rebirth title I have read since the "relaunch" Red Hood and the Outlaws. Where do I even start with this stupid book. The art was OK and first 6 pages were ok. Then the rest of the book happened. The story was a stupid. Making Batman look like a chump was stupid. Having the lesson be that guns can solve the problems is stupid. The convenient virus so jason shooting a bunch of random people is OK is stupid. The entire PAY ATTENTION TO ME :qq:. Finally Batman forgiving Jason AGAIN and giving him another chance to not murder a bunch of people is stupid. Compounded by the fact that Jason's inner monolouge immediately says "LOL gently caress off dad! I'll murder people if I want to! I'm Ra's Al Ghul! You will love me" :qq: My biggest takeaway is Lobdell is a stupid poo poo writer and Jason told is a whiny bitch boy who is constantly giving the finger to and spitting in batman's face while demanding he be treated as an adult and loved. He is the perfect hero for emotional stunted, affluent, teenagers.

Edit: the worst book i've read so far is Green Lanterns. I also dropped the Flash this week because I haven't given a poo poo about the story. Was it the same as the previous weeks?

D_T gently caress off for dismissing me with a link to comic metacritic as a rebuttal you rear end. All the reviewers are from "comic news sites" which are just stupid blogs.

loving :lol: looking at the link and finding you reviewing the book and your profile.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jul 30, 2016

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Mr Hootington posted:

Finally the 2nd worst Rebirth title I have read since the "relaunch" Red Hood and the Outlaws. Where do I even start with this stupid book. The art was OK and first 6 pages were ok. Then the rest of the book happened. The story was a stupid. Making Batman look like a chump was stupid. Having the lesson be that guns can solve the problems is stupid. The convenient virus so jason shooting a bunch of random people is OK is stupid. The entire PAY ATTENTION TO ME :qq:. Finally Batman forgiving Jason AGAIN and giving him another chance to not murder a bunch of people is stupid. Compounded by the fact that Jason's inner monolouge immediately says "LOL gently caress off dad! I'll murder people if I want to! I'm Ra's Al Ghul! You will love me" :qq: My biggest takeaway is Lobdell is a stupid poo poo writer and Jason told is a whiny bitch boy who is constantly giving the finger to and spitting in batman's face while demanding he be treated as an adult and loved. He is the perfect hero for emotional stunted, affluent, teenagers.

D_T gently caress off for dismissing me with a link to comic metacritic as a rebuttal you rear end.

Ok first things first. Dude, chill out. The link wasn't meant to you but to Charles (I even quoted him!)

And sure, I could write a proper rebuttal to yur impressions about the book but you clearly have made your mind and nothing I'll say will change it. I was honest saying it was a shame the book wasn't your cup of tea but since none of us will change your mind, we'll have to agree to disagree.

Oh and just for the record, I know from good sources Lobdell won't have Jason killing people in the series. That is one of the driving plots of the book even.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

And sure, I could write a proper rebuttal to yur impressions about the book but you clearly have made your mind and nothing I'll say will change it.

imagine a giant rear end making GBS threads ironicat smilies that are also rolling their eyes

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Ok first things first. Dude, chill out. The link wasn't meant to you but to Charles (I even quoted him!)

And sure, I could write a proper rebuttal to yur impressions about the book but you clearly have made your mind and nothing I'll say will change it. I was honest saying it was a shame the book wasn't your cup of tea but since none of us will change your mind, we'll have to agree to disagree.

Oh and just for the record, I know from good sources Lobdell won't have Jason killing people in the series. That is one of the driving plots of the book even.

Oh my mistake. you dimissed me with everyone else likes it. :hurr:

I read all your rebuttals to everyone else saying the book was stupid. I do not need you rehashing every point again, so thank you for sparing me.

Is your good source Lobdell or your blog?

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jul 30, 2016

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Please don't engage Jason Todd Stymie.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Every bad book and movie has it's fan.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Mr Hootington posted:

Oh my mistake. you dimissed me with everyone else likes it. :hurr:

I read all your rebuttals to everyone else saying the book was stupid. I do not need you rehashing every point again, so thank you for sparing me.

Is your good source Lobdell or your blog?

Lobdell.

Oh and just in time I found this wonderful analysis of the issue by Andrew Dice at Screenrant

http://screenrant.com/red-hood-rebirth-jason-todd-comic/

I'm very surprised and pleased at all the love the book is getting :allears:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Give it a rest, my dude.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

If it weren't for your genuine tumblr, I could be convinced you were a deep cover troll.

As is I'd wish you broaden your comic book horizons just because the negativity posting about Red Hood for the nth time whirls up freaks me out a bit and makes me nervous. Read the room, man. People could probably give you recommendations.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Lobdell.

Oh and just in time I found this wonderful analysis of the issue by Andrew Dice at Screenrant

http://screenrant.com/red-hood-rebirth-jason-todd-comic/

Oh lord these comments

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's right about Twitter though.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"

Benito Cereno posted:

Hell yeah! I've been telling people this for a while now (1, 2), but I think many fans think of this as a weird, left turn blip in the character's history, when in fact they're some of the strongest Wonder Woman stories ever.

They're really great, especially the weird sword and sorcery detours (like in "Detour", ho ho ho). Diana and the Amazons vs. Ares and co. was banging. The only real dud that I've read so far is the one where she goes to mainland China and it inexplicably becomes about that dweeb pilot, Patrick and they go in yellowface to sneak across the border. Even then, a cover featuring Diana doing a Sgt. Rock in the far east, dope.

Diana also meets so many hunks, it's pretty fun. This is the only time I can think (admittedly a flawed metric) of when a hero lost their powers and it wasn't just spinning wheels until the status quo set back in, but was its own beast for as long as the parent company allowed.

Speaking of which, has there ever been a story where Bruce Wayne lost all his money and has to be Batman on a shoestring?

Vulpes Vulpes fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jul 30, 2016

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Roth posted:

Oh lord these comments

I love the idea that reading the comic would somehow alter the movie.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Roth posted:

Oh lord these comments

scroll down on those comments.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Mr Hootington posted:

scroll down on those comments.

One of them says Manhattan erased over a century of history in DC Comics. What.

Blizz Pizz Love Us
Aug 18, 2015

by exmarx

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

Speaking of which, has there ever been a story where Bruce Wayne lost all his money and has to be Batman on a shoestring?

Off the top of my head, the second act of RIP has Batman running around as a schizophrenic hobo with a shopping cart full of gadgets.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SonicRulez posted:

I love the idea that reading the comic would somehow alter the movie.

It would insomuch as the movie manages to make everything around Barbara Gordon infinitely worse.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mr Hootington posted:

loving :lol: looking at the link and finding you reviewing the book and your profile.

What I found hilarious is that it is mostly 10s or 1s. Only a few being in between.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

MonsterEnvy posted:

What I found hilarious is that it is mostly 10s or 1s. Only a few being in between.

I assume all the 1s are the Tynion issues.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Travis343 posted:

I assume all the 1s are the Tynion issues.

Yep

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Admirable restraint not to spew curses at everyone who's been praising Tynion's run on 'Tec.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Gaz-L posted:

Admirable restraint not to spew curses at everyone who's been praising Tynion's run on 'Tec.

Honestly reading his Detective stuff, how great he is with every distinct character in the Batfam, and knowing how much DT hates him makes me think he's the only writer who might make me give a poo poo about Jason. I kinda want to read his red hood issues now!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

My guess is that he wrote Jason as the lovely character he is instead of trying to turn him into something he's not. He's obviously got a great handle on the other Bat Family characters in Detective. And apparently his favorite comic character period is Tim Drake, so he's knows what Robin is the best already.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

X-O posted:

And apparently his favorite comic character period is Tim Drake, so he's knows what Robin is the best already.

That's just a fact, let's not start giving out medals for knowing there's sixty seconds in a minute.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The best Robin debate always reminds me of the fact that Stephanie Brown gets so little love.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Roth posted:

The best Robin debate always reminds me of the fact that Stephanie Brown gets so little love.

She was Robin like 5 issues.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Please no Spoilers

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Mr Hootington posted:

She was Robin like 5 issues.

She deserved better

And Carrie Kelly deserved way better than what Frank Miller did to her in Dark Knight Strikes Again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I always get wide-eyed and start breathing fast, but I have to remember that this is best dude as Robin. Not best dude to ever BE Robin.Yeah, that's Tim Drake.