Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Afraid of Audio posted:

ster is the best

Jerma too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

bubbapook posted:

Are there any notable PS4 streamers worth watching?

Nope. Disclaimer: I too play on ps4.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
For all those Symettra mains out there:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_u8euNKXmA

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
You really need to combine it with this to become an ubergod.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4uUTnfFKes

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

bubbapook posted:

Curious about this too.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

bubbapook posted:

This guy is 75+, plays a lot of tanks, has crazy long replays. Pulls around 100 viewers.

https://www.twitch.tv/intrinsic_design

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Hughmoris posted:

I had no idea the ceiling was that high in Volskya

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Are those DDOS attacks still happening cause I just spent 3 KOTH games shooting enemy dudes for no damage.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I had some minor lag spikes in my last game but I didn't get disconnected so idk

that game had 6 top 500 dudes in it as well, first time I'd seen the symbol for myself

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
The only thing lamer than streamers are the people who watch them and post about watching them

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
/edit: no, no. Not being a dick for me today.

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

The only thing lamer than sports players are the people who watch sports and talk about watching them

Fixed your fix.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I absolutely cannot stop playing Hanzo in solo queue. Something has happened to my mind. I reckon i've lost every single game I've played, but always with gold in elims and objective kills. My MMR is gonna be so hosed.

It might be time to play Zarya again.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
eliminations count assists

if you're going to use stats of dubious and highly variable value at least cite damage done / final blows

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

bubbapook posted:

Me!

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

I would say about 70% of my elims are final blows on average. Playing him has really revealed to me just how much there is going on in Overwatch maps. There's so many ledges and hideyholes and different ways to approach each objective depending on if you are attack and defense. He's definitely one of the weakest characters in the game because of his projectile weapon and that he can't influence and win games on his own like some other characters can.

I think he works better as a flanker than as a sniper because his movement ability has no cooldown and he has extremely high frontloaded damage, as well as being able to instantly kill someone in close quarters with Scatter Arrow. If I was gonna change his kit I'd probably do it with that in mind, like halving the cooldown and duration of his sonic arrow and giving him a bigger jump or more horizontal distance on his wallclimb jump. I'd also make his arrow draw back at twice the speed during a wallclimb jump.

These are my Thoughts and Opinions on Hanzo, a character I have finally been able to play

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Hughmoris posted:

Haha haha holy gently caress this is so good. I died when the portal went up

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
i love zenyatta to bits

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
dont know how i did it but I somehow got 201 hp on McCree

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

He is a good hero. I reckon it was probably too strong giving him 150 shields instead of 100/100 but hey he is awesome anyway

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Luna Was Here posted:

dont know how i did it but I somehow got 201 hp on McCree

toblerone armor im going to guess

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
i dont remember picking up armor from him and I could have sworn at one point i got healed by mercy back to 201

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Edmond Dantes posted:

/edit: no, no. Not being a dick for me today.

No, no no.. no! No! Not today! Uggg--ggarggh! No---ooooh! Noooo!!

I AM DESTRUCTION COMETH.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
the further and further I fall in ranks the actual worse and worse the player quality gets, its insane

I just solo 4k'd on Volskaya as Offensive Bastion and we still couldn't close out first point:shepicide:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
recon or turret

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Tollymain posted:

recon or turret

turret
as in 4 members of the enemy team ran into me as turret bastion on attack and then while I was reloading I got bombed by a classic jihadi junkrat
and then we lost somehow

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Luna Was Here posted:

the further and further I fall in ranks the actual worse and worse the player quality gets, its insane

I just solo 4k'd on Volskaya as Offensive Bastion and we still couldn't close out first point:shepicide:

Embrace failure.

I dropped from rank 57 to 45 when I stopped playing boring heroes well and started playing fun heroes poorly. Overwatch is much more enjoyable now.

I wouldn't mind if the rank was hidden except for people in the top percentile. All it does is make people obsess with improvement when it doesn't necessarily mean more fun matches. Sure, that's a quickmatch mindset, but competitive is overall a better mode because you spend less time watching post-game credits and more time shooting guys, and you eventually get golden guns just for showing up.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Papercut posted:

I would be backing up all my files as this could easily be your hard drive failing.

I didn't see this until this morning but after I made that post I went back through every change I had made on my PC for the three days preceding the CTDs and that's actually it.

I'm a poor scrub. OW is installed on my boot SSD and I run shadowplay to make sure I can capture specific matches/moments after the fact and, prior to Tuesday, shadowplay had been dumping into the SSD as well. Well, it's only a 120gb and between windows, skyrim and OW there was only like 12gb of space left. So I changed the shadowplay settings to dump into the HDD I use as basic storage, which is also probably getting close to 10 years old.

I've been thinking about upgrading the drives as it is. Guess I've got a pretty good reason now.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

So I moved into a new place in Sydney, and apparently the Australian Overwatch servers are very close.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Yay, I finished my placement matches!

What do I have to do to get the season rewards now?

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

BurritoJustice posted:

So I moved into a new place in Sydney, and apparently the Australian Overwatch servers are very close.

I'm across the country on a 68 ping m8 :cheers:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ularg posted:

Win a couple hundred competitive matches

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Ularg posted:

Nothin', just wait. The only requirement for getting season rewards is to finish your placement matches. Higher ranks also gets you better rewards, but specifics on that are completely unknown right now, since we haven't had a finished Competitive season yet.

We know you will get a spray, an achievement, and some unknown amount of Competitive Points, with higher rank getting more points, at the end of the season. Whether or not there are additional prizes at certain very high ranks is unknown.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Ularg posted:

Just wait until the season is over (August 18th) and you will get your portrait and spray, along with whatever bonus competitive points they reward.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Thanks guys you rock.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Brannock posted:

No, no no.. no! No! Not today! Uggg--ggarggh! No---ooooh! Noooo!!

I AM DESTRUCTION COMETH.

Embrace Tranquillity, motherfucker!

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

I wonder what announcement Seagull is going to make today.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

Edmond Dantes posted:

Embrace Tranquillity, motherfucker!

The current Meta
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0x6vIAtFcI

Jules is Zenyatta, Vincent is McCree, Breet is Roadhog/Pharah. Someone with actual editing/drawing skill make this dream.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Brett is also Reaper. God I love seeing a Reaper teleport near me when I'm on Zen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

"It's been a good night but I think I'll hang it up for the night, it's late. Just going to check this loot box..."

*unboxes Reaper's Nevermore skin*

"...I guess one more match can't hurt"