Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
I started reading Jojolion, and I got to Kira's apartment. The Mona Lisa hanging on the wall, and a hand on a stand are killing me so much. Jojolion is going to be so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Llab posted:

I started reading Jojolion, and I got to Kira's apartment. The Mona Lisa hanging on the wall, and a hand on a stand are killing me so much. Jojolion is going to be so good.

I just realized I have both of those things too in my home, since way before I read JoJo

At least I don't save my nail clippings

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I probably found this more funny than I should have.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
I can't wait to see Josuke and Okuyasu out-scammed by a middle schooler. Shigechi has actually grown on me a bit since I read the manga. I'm hoping the anime reverses my feelings on him so I can root for Kira with a clear heart.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

make everybody happy

e: amazing episode as usual. loving hell david.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jul 29, 2016

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

What's the cutoff point?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Very shortly after they get the lotto ticket. It's a little dragged out because they knew it's not possible in 1, but it's all real good.

It also sets up Cinderella with a brief added bit with Yukako

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jul 29, 2016

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

This is gonna be a fun arc but I was definitely expecting the pacing to be a bit off. Still, I'm looking forward to seeing this week's episode.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Boy am I steamed that I gotta wait till next week to see my good boys do a crime and further bully a middle schooler.

Marking my calendar for August 12th, only two more Fridays

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

drat, they nailed that one.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Manga talk: I guess JJL has both halves of Harvest now, the tiny stand and the money antics :v:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Waiting for the resolution to the "Joshuu keeps making money" arc to be for him to go down shakedown road

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
Joshuu does cool jojo pose, scene behind him is giant piles of money and a bunch of people fighting and throwing money at each other

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

FirstAidKite posted:

Waiting for the resolution to the "Joshuu keeps making money" arc to be for him to go down shakedown road

He knows the leaf trick now, though. Maybe the shakedown artists developed their own stands?

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Nobody makes a fool out of Rohan Kishibe!
Haha, poo poo, I need to just unbookmark the anime thread, even though I like reading people's blind reactions to new episodes. I've really been enjoying getting friends into Jojo and I've been good about not spoiling them on anything, but the second I get on the internet, I can't even read a drat thread title when I have two open in tabs. I was saying there, among other things, that everyone who watched the episode with me loved Shigechi and called him "Durian Boy" and a good kid and anyone who doesn't love the little dude just because he taught the gang a lesson about capitalism has terrible taste.

Amaryllis fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jul 29, 2016

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Honestly I've always assumed that all Shigechi hate is purely ironic. How could you possibly dislike such a sweet boy with such a cool stand?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i honestly does kind of weird me out a little how some people seem to fervently hate shigechi when he's just a literal dumb kid, especially compared to others like hazamada who are grade a creeps

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

it doesnt help that he is just really gross looking.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS posted:

it doesnt help that he is just really gross looking.

Well, I mean, he's a middle schooler so

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

He definitely has a weirder character design than pretty much every other villain of the week in this part--some of the (I guess?) unironic hate I've seen about him has been about his ugly design. The animators did some work to make him look a little less gross and a little more adorable in motion, I think. (Not that I get that criticism, either.)

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

his design is a little out there but it's at least functional compared to poo poo like the literal shambling lump of flesh that gets killed to release notorious b.i.g. in vento aureo

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Araki seemed to experiment with what a human can look like in part 4-6, with a lot of the more beautiful designs sticking and the other more experimental designs ending up like uhhh

well

Carne

Shigechi isn't as bad as radio tower dude tho imo, that dude started off fine and then got all weird looking. RPS kid looks real weird too tho that might be because of the giant hole in his face.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I don't enjoy much time I spend looking at Shigechi, but the anime really helped. Shigechi's alright.

My anime only friend instantly took to Shigechi as a cute good boy and I'm getting rowdy for a quiet life

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Vento Aureo also had Polpo. It feels like Araki didn't really get the hang of drawing fat characters without making them grotesque monstrosities until Part 7 came along with Valentine, and even then he ended up getting all buff. At least we'll always have Damo in our hearts.

e: My anime-only friends also joked that Koichi has been replaced by Durian Kid. RIP, Shigechi: you died so that no other Jojo friend would have to.

Amaryllis fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jul 29, 2016

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Damo is the final stage of all Araki's weird fat dudes. The Perfect Fat Guy.

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

multijoe posted:

(x)

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Begemot posted:

Honestly I've always assumed that all Shigechi hate is purely ironic. How could you possibly dislike such a sweet boy with such a cool stand?

I kinda thought it was too but who knows.

He's a kid and the way in which he dies is pretty loving awful, especially since he was just trying to find his friends.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

multijoe posted:

He is an oddly beautiful man

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

He's a kid and the way in which he dies is pretty loving awful, especially since he was just trying to find his friends.
It was also kind of shocking when he died: I went into Quiet Life without any spoilers, so I assumed that Shigechi would be like every other minor villain in early part 4 and just show up to usher in some other enemy stand user without doing much beyond his chapters. Between him and Aya, it felt like Araki was dropping a reminder that this is JJBA and anyone can beef it even in this relatively easygoing part, and we should be grateful that he didn't murder half of the supporting cast in the first Kira fight and then kill off everyone else in DiU's final chapters.

(I checked several times to make sure I wasn't posting in the anime thread and then just went and unbookmarked it. :v:)

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I'm really looking forward to Jotaro beating the crap out of Kira because

a) Kira really, really deserves it

b) It's nice to see Jotaro still has it

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Shigechi getting killed by Kira was extremely hosed up and I'm glad he got hit by that goddamn ambulance

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

multijoe posted:

I'm really looking forward to Jotaro beating the crap out of Kira because

a) Kira really, really deserves it

b) It's nice to see Jotaro still has it

c) "Nice watch."

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Amaryllis posted:

c) "Nice watch."

Now I see it up close it looks like crap, yare yare.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Amaryllis posted:

c) "Nice watch."

Would be a shame if someone broke it

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

You're face, that is

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I want to hear all the bad jokes Jotaro told Jolyene

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
look at your evil watch it looks very interesting... But you don't need to worry about it anymore. But there is something more evil than that watchIT'S YOUR FACE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Kira did nothing wrong, he was trying to get his girlfriend back from the rude child who stole it.