Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Also Acacia, as far as I'm aware, isn't in on the plan to seal Neo away, since Neo's part of him and all. I'm not sure why he thinks the Nitro are wanting to help him, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Roland Jones posted:

Also Acacia, as far as I'm aware, isn't in on the plan to seal Neo away, since Neo's part of him and all. I'm not sure why he thinks the Nitro are wanting to help him, really.

How could they stop him when he's become this powerful?
Im just wondering what the nitro were thinking. They dont stand a chance.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

"I'm going to kill you now so you don't die later!"

good logic imo

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pewdiepie posted:

The hungry is the beautiful !!! All TORIKO wants is to EAT !!!

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Fabricated posted:

good logic imo

i like how it goes from a heel turn to a face turn all in the span of two pages

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
The playground one up-manship continued with, " I have the ultimate luck, no attack can hit me", "Well, I just copied your luck, :smug: "

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
*looks at hand, clenches it into fist dramatically* ah, so THIS is luck

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Midora always looks to me like he's THIS close to busting out Jojo poses and I'm not sure what it is about him but I'm happy he's back.

Except in Toriko you remember every single piece of bread you've eaten and it gives you food power.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I forgot about the perfect form part. As terrifying as Neo is currently, I look forward to Bishounen Perfect Neo in the near future.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

dragon enthusiast posted:

i like how it goes from a heel turn to a face turn all in the span of two pages

"Blarghh why are you murdering me??"
"So you don't die later!"
"Oh. Okay." *dies* :gibs:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

How could they stop him when he's become this powerful?
Im just wondering what the nitro were thinking. They dont stand a chance.

They have some sort of trick, they have been planning this for LITERALLY HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF YEARS.

And they are still hosed, luckily toriko's third demon has got this poo poo.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

AtomikKrab posted:

They have some sort of trick, they have been planning this for LITERALLY HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF YEARS.

And they are still hosed, luckily toriko's third demon has got this poo poo.

Lol they got owned by relative babies.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Fabricated posted:

good logic imo

Dead by friend, can revive later.

Eaten by NEO

Gone forever.

Kenshi
Sep 29, 2004

Annointed posted:

Dead by friend, can revive later.

Eaten by NEO

Gone forever.

It was a cut-scene death, nothing you can do about that.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

So english is out, important clean up.

Acacia is going to eat CENTER... and then get eaten by NEO to create the perfected form, not eat NEO.

:chef: This is much more appropriate.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
That makes more sense for making a perfect NEO but raises the question of how the gently caress that Nitro(Pair?) intends to defeat NEO by himself.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

RatHat posted:

That makes more sense for making a perfect NEO but raises the question of how the gently caress that Nitro(Pair?) intends to defeat NEO by himself.

Here NEO NEO, we got something tasty in this can.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Also I'm expecting the plan to fail and for NEO to go like "yo we just showed Midora busting out of a golden can three chapters ago what the heck did you expect to happen"

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Any plan to defeat a final boss that involves powering them up is doomed to fail, no questions asked.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Mraagvpeine posted:

Any plan to defeat a final boss that involves powering them up is doomed to fail, no questions asked.

goku let frieza power up, and the only bad thing that happened was he had an extra long trip to go back home

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

dragon enthusiast posted:

Also I'm expecting the plan to fail and for NEO to go like "yo we just showed Midora busting out of a golden can three chapters ago what the heck did you expect to happen"

Even if it does work the track record for some dumbfuck not coming along saying WHAT'S IN THE BOOOOOOOX???? Is precisely 0 for every time it's been tried

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL

Fabricated posted:

"Blarghh why are you murdering me??"
"So you don't die later!"
"Oh. Okay." *dies* :gibs:
If he was simply killed like that, he'd revive eventually. If Neo eats him he's gone for good. Demons only die when they're eaten.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Toriko 382

SSJ4 Neo?

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

Terror Sweat posted:

goku let frieza power up, and the only bad thing that happened was he had an extra long trip to go back home

Well that and he got such a powerful virulent heart disease that it only failed to kill him because of time traveler interference.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Okay, that answers my earlier question of Acacia would be going along with the Nitros' plan to let Neo eat him.

He wasn't.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

great chapter but drat AcaciaNEO looks so freaking goofy like that

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

He does indeed look goofy like that but he'll probably just transform again next week.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
How many kings are left now?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

Not enough.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dang I know there are rumors of Toriko ending but I didn't think it would become an entirely different manga.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Still makes sense somehow.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
What is with the last page?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Still makes sense somehow.

That is an unpleasant development.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Well that was an ending...

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
As ridiculous as it is (though it was foreshadowed a bit, as I posted above), I kind of like the anticlimax of how, after Neo surviving everything that's been thrown at it no matter what, Acacia just eats it off-panel. Though of course that's going to be even worse really.

Mraagvpeine posted:

I'm going off of memory here, but Heracles, the crow, the snake, and Moon are all dead, unless they're surviving missing massive parts of their bodies. Guinness is still alive, I think Bambina was alive but badly messed up last we saw, and despite launching what was the most effective attack on Neo the deer was still alive I think too. Derous is still around too; Neo deflected its laser but didn't go for the kill. So, assuming I'm not misremembering or misinterpreting some events, half of them are still alive.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Aug 5, 2016

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
to think that i was reading bleach for so many years instead of this fills me with shame

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

So are all the blue grill guys dead now?

E: Oh wait no. I thought they lived inside whale king. They didnt.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Roland Jones posted:

As ridiculous as it is (though it was foreshadowed a bit, as I posted above), I kind of like the anticlimax of how, after Neo surviving everything that's been thrown at it no matter what, Acacia just eats it off-panel. Though of course that's going to be even worse really.

I'm going off of memory here, but Heracles, the crow, the snake, and Moon are all dead, unless they're surviving missing massive parts of their bodies. Guinness is still alive, I think Bambina was alive but badly messed up last we saw, and despite launching what was the most effective attack on Neo the deer was still alive I think too. Derous is still around too; Neo deflected its laser but didn't go for the kill. So, assuming I'm not misremembering or misinterpreting some events, half of them are still alive.

bambina is dead, neo was holding his half eaten mutilated corpse

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Still waiting for the final, final form where NEO reverse assimilates Acacia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Terror Sweat posted:

bambina is dead, neo was holding his half eaten mutilated corpse

Yeah I thought I remembered that, but the Toriko wiki (was checking it for that and other things) mentioned his surprise attack on Neo despite being partially-devoured, which I also remembered, and still listed him as "alive", so I figured I was forgetting something. But it still lists every King as alive, it turns out, so, yeah, that was probably just Bambina making one last attack and not a sign that he's going to make it.

• Locked thread