Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I just pulled my 9th Launch.

How much does team cost impact your opponents? I seem to remember that being a thing, and I don't have any problem putting that new Bulma in my team to buff up Broly, but she's taking the place of a UR.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jul 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'm running two SSRs (Supreme Kai and Bulma) in my Broly team and I'm mostly facing UR teams. Even had one earlier that was mostly TURs.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I just got back into the game after several months off and have been able to, if not a constructed team, at least assemble a group of awakened SSRs to enter the World Tournament. However, it's my first WT and I have a question. I start some of the fights (seems to be just semis and finals maybe?) not at full health; which led to me getting killed before I got a chance to move in my previous final. Is there a way to prevent that from happening?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

projecthalaxy posted:

I just got back into the game after several months off and have been able to, if not a constructed team, at least assemble a group of awakened SSRs to enter the World Tournament. However, it's my first WT and I have a question. I start some of the fights (seems to be just semis and finals maybe?) not at full health; which led to me getting killed before I got a chance to move in my previous final. Is there a way to prevent that from happening?

Damage persists from round to round. Just have to heal up.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Echophonic posted:

Damage persists from round to round. Just have to heal up.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks. I'll have to make sure to use a healing item before my last attack, then.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks. I'll have to make sure to use a healing item before my last attack, then.

You know you can heal on the "Map" before you encounter an enemy, right? Just hit the Item button. You can't use things like +Ki items, but Senzu Beans and other healing items work just fine.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

New Leaf posted:

You know you can heal on the "Map" before you encounter an enemy, right? Just hit the Item button. You can't use things like +Ki items, but Senzu Beans and other healing items work just fine.

:downs:

I did know that but somehow my brain decided it didn't work in Tournaments.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

:downs:

I did know that but somehow my brain decided it didn't work in Tournaments.

Hah, it happens.

Watch out for enemy Supers, too. They will ruin your loving day.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

New Leaf posted:

Hah, it happens.

Watch out for enemy Supers, too. They will ruin your loving day.

Haha yeah that's what happened in my first final. Before I could move an enemy Super Vegito ran up to me and did 85000 damage to me. I had 27000 of my 41000 health available. Granted I've also done enough supers to other people. Also there was a guy named Cuckarot in my qualifier group this time so that's something I suppose.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Huh, the free Bulma is perfect for my Broly team. I don't have much willpower this time around to play two accounts. I hope I can get 80 with my original.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

It feels good to finally have my own Broly + a ki battery team for him. Tearing poo poo up all tourney long is so satisfying.

It took so long to get a team that could make all this happen and it was worth the wait

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Whoa, my first DB silver tickets got me a Bye Guys and the new SSR Kami. I am pleased.

@Kelp
Yeah, I managed to draw Broly a couple tourneys back and I already had a full ki team for Broly. Was my first really lucky pull on my original account.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Blargh, I'm never going to get a DB SSR.. 3/3 on SR's so far. Namu, Launch, and Namu #2. He's pretty solid, for an SR.

Edit: Oh man, free WT SSJ Goku. What a new and novel idea. Good god, his links are loving garbage..

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jul 29, 2016

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Haha, dang, just got a PHY Kami from the DB summon. SSJ2 and rainbow text.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Echophonic posted:

Apparently the SSR rate's still down to 5% on that banner.

I got the Supreme Kai of Time, and a dupe Agi SSG Goku ( SSR ) as well as some other SR dupes that weren't note worthy.

I'm please with the one pull I did, probably going to try and conserve all my stones to hopefully pull the guaranteed SSR before it leaves in Sept if I recall.

Only got Namu from the DB summon so far, that was new at least. I am at SA 9 for Murasaki though...

E: My team is running through really well, but I've been playing for most of the morning and I'm finding it REAL slow going. No Broly for me, and I'm at 9 wins, Supreme Kai tier.

I'm guessing people with Broly are already burning through their wins, up to like 20 by now >_>

Drowning Rabbit fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jul 29, 2016

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I wish these tournaments would take place during the week and not when I have free time.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I got the Supreme Kai of Time, and a dupe Agi SSG Goku ( SSR ) as well as some other SR dupes that weren't note worthy.

I'm please with the one pull I did, probably going to try and conserve all my stones to hopefully pull the guaranteed SSR before it leaves in Sept if I recall.

Only got Namu from the DB summon so far, that was new at least. I am at SA 9 for Murasaki though...

E: My team is running through really well, but I've been playing for most of the morning and I'm finding it REAL slow going. No Broly for me, and I'm at 9 wins, Supreme Kai tier.

I'm guessing people with Broly are already burning through their wins, up to like 20 by now >_>

Being at work, I'm only on 8 wins with my Broly team. Responsibilities and poo poo.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

New Leaf posted:

Being at work, I'm only on 8 wins with my Broly team. Responsibilities and poo poo.

I'm also working, I just have had a decent amount of down time today.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Since I'm a sucker and still have free stones I'll probably try a discount summon, though I need to collect some. Hopefully this discount lasts a bit :v:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Oh man, a new discounted summon. Let's see what I can get!

SR/INT "Mental Stability" Krillin
R/STR "Warrior of Few Words" Borgos
R/INT "Warrior of Conviction" Tora
SR/STR "Galaxy's Most Evil" Bojack
SR/INT "Galactic Patrolman" Jaco
R/PHY "Warrior of Ferocity" Shugesh
R/AGL "Paragon of Justice" Videl
R/INT "Precise Action" Dr. Gero
R/AGL "From Hell and Back" Trunks (Teen)
SR/INT "Danger Sense" Krillin

...I thought this one was about fusions, not a sadly large amount of Rs and Bardock's whole gang. I'm disappointed.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

How do people get so many wins so fast? Is everyone just using dragon stones to refill their stamina?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Holy poo poo, 80 wins is 2 tickets this time? Count me the gently caress in

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I think there's new bonus teams. Metal Cooler's Army and The Son Family. I didn't see either last tournament, but I don't know if they're actually new or not.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Echophonic posted:

I think there's a new bonus team. Metal Cooler's Army. I didn't see it last tournament, but I don't know if it's actually new or not.

It was there last time, I saw it a couple times.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

PHY Kami on my second roll. SSJ2 and Yellow Text with 5 capsule animation.

I know the only thing that really matters is the SSJ2 but whatever.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

How do people get so many wins so fast? Is everyone just using dragon stones to refill their stamina?

Of course. If you are over Rank 210? You get 2 full runs of the world tournament per stone. You also get tons of stones for participation. I am just past 10 wins with a net of approx 12 extra stones, after all the stamina refills I've done today.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I see. I'm only rank 151, so I can do only one run + another up to the final round at a time.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Is it worth using the tickets on the current banner or should I wait until it gets updated?

e: SSR banner

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Aurora posted:

Is it worth using the tickets on the current banner or should I wait until it gets updated?

e: SSR banner

I don't think that the banners get updated once they are up. :( So the premium summon pulled now or next month probably will have the same pool. I could be wrong though.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I thought at one point the SSR banner was not updated in the japan version for a long time so global didn't expect anything, but recently the Nuke leads were added to Japan and Global at the same time. If there is a Recent SSR you would want to wait for, then you can wait but who knows for how long.

e: I use recently loosely, but it was not too long ago.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

According to reddit SSJ Gotenks is in the pool so who knows

Also yoooo we get overfill stamina now?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

So I did the 30 stone Fusion Heroes multi-summon they advertise, and indeed got my guaranteed SR or better. I got an SR SSJ Tracksuit Gohan, and an SR Nail. Those were my only SRs. I got nobody who is even related to fusion. Boo to that, say I.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Aurora posted:

Also yoooo we get overfill stamina now?

Yeah, since last tourney! I forgot about it back then and was all about natural stamina.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Huh, Team GT and also a "Bonus Chance". Wonder what that means.

e: Ah, a shitton of points :v:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I wish I could play this faster, but man, Rank 58 means some pretty low stamina and I'm feeling it now. At least now I'm playing the WT...even if I'm still in the first part because I ran out of stamina and all.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

One of the bonus teams was something like God Rush.
SSB Goku and Vegeta, Whis, Beerus, Kami, Supreme Kai and Kibito

I racked up 3 DB summons, got
- Bunny Bulma
- Giran
- Kami

So, pretty good pull for once, considering I couldn't get anything good the last 3 tournaments.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Why did I just earn 150k points from the WT final? :stare:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I just Kami twice in a row. Are the chances to get him really high or something?

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
Man, work has kicked my rear end this week (don't ever be the only person in charge of a move for a small company), but thankfully the World Tournament being delayed until today means I might be able to get some good runs in until I pass out from exhaustion.

I'm currently leveling up the 3 TUR's I got this week (Gohan, Trunks, and Vegeta, decided it wasn't worth it to try and raise their SA) instead of running my normal dedicated Broly team. I also finally got an SSR from the DB Gacha, with King Piccolo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
gently caress all of ya getting good DB Saga pulls - still pulling all the Rs I can.