Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

xzzy posted:

Hopefully ROI completely kills off nightfall so we never have to hear about it again.

Way to turn it from a cool thing to do once a week to a guaranteed waste of time.

This emptyquoted every single page until release.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

It wasn't cool in year 1 sans a burn either, people were just forced to do it for the XP buff.

And the flames!
You could pretend to be space goku.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

It wasn't cool in year 1 sans a burn either, people were just forced to do it for the XP buff.

You weren't "forced," I rarely did the nightfall and the rest of the game worked just fine. The buff only guaranteed you got something for your time even if the loot drops were poo poo.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
25% extra XP (and rep!) for a week was nothing to sneeze at, especially in the days when there was no mote leveling and every gun and armor needed an extra 4 perks just to max its stats. It meant anything you did between the weekly reset and the nightfall was worth that much less and almost an incentive not to play until you put together a nightfall team.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Bounties gave way more experience though and could level a gun quickly.

I appreciate the min/max crowd were all salty that you "had" to run the nightfall or you were literal human feces, but it was a hell of a lot better than what we have now where all you're going to get out of a nightfall is coins or a loving horn.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

haveblue posted:

25% extra XP (and rep!) for a week was nothing to sneeze at, especially in the days when there was no mote leveling and every gun and armor needed an extra 4 perks just to max its stats. It meant anything you did between the weekly reset and the nightfall was worth that much less and almost an incentive not to play until you put together a nightfall team.

A million times this. Y'all can call NF worthless now and I don't really disagree but the way it was laid out in Y1 was the actual feces. Now I can do any of the weekly activities in any order and not be forced to always play on Tuesday night to sneak in on a NF team because literally zero people wanted to do it by the time Thursday or whatever rolled around.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Even calling it Nightfall is pointless because it's named after the modifier which doesn't exist any more. They probably only kept it alive because they haven't got around to removing it from the Director yet.

I'm also predicting they're going to just get rid of NF for ROI and maybe buff the rewards for the first heroic strike you play during the week or some poo poo

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

xzzy posted:

Or load up the excel spreadsheet they were using to schedule the modifiers and cut and paste the old ones to new rows and schedule the next three months worth of challenges.

"sorry timmy we just don't have the manpower for that, we gotta get this bush moved."

Too much content

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Maybe they'll finally get those Vanguard and Crucible streaks to do a drat thing.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I would like to see them add points for all actions you can take and keep a tally for each strike you run similar to the halo co-op game modes. Then they can do weekly bounties based on point totals aka CoE and tweak the vanguard streak to trigger on hitting point thresholds, providing better engram drops the bigger your streak gets. And not like a 2% chance to get an extra engram, the game should poo poo them at you like you're living on bad mexican food.

Just no coins or horns please.

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"
Captain's Log joins the fireteam, brings the elo down and the whole krew starts rollin'

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
They sure are banking on this new expansion to be a return on their investment!!!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

moist turtleneck posted:

They sure are banking on this new expansion to be a return on their investment!!!

womp womp

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

moist turtleneck posted:

Deejesque.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Grinding easy strike playlist for shaders and

:getin:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

wintrrmute posted:

Captain's Log joins the fireteam, brings the elo down and the whole krew starts rollin'

I recognize almost everyone there except the dude in the striped polo, who the hell is that?

also wtf did imgur just remove the ability to upload without creating an account?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Reddit nerds tested electrostatic mind, determined it provides a 30 second cooldown reduction per teammate standing near you in addition to whatever your intellect tier is. This is in pve, not sure if that value would change in normalized crucible.

That seems.. really loving good. I knew it was a good perk but daaaaaamn.

Obviously in a real game you're not going to be able to stand next to allies for the full duration, but it does provide a good argument for dogpiling a control point in the opening seconds of a control match.

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"

Fifty Three posted:

I recognize almost everyone there except the dude in the striped polo, who the hell is that?

also wtf did imgur just remove the ability to upload without creating an account?

Executive Producer of GOT

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

wintrrmute posted:

Executive Producer of GOT
Ah, thanks. He looked familiar enough to have been in it.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

sinking belle posted:

Grinding easy strike playlist for shaders and

:getin:

No accelerated coils, still inferior to the Thesan Fr4 with Grenadier/AccCoils/Life Support and you want stability on FRs over range

But I've used it. Hits really hard, but the precharge time kills it for pvp

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

https://twitter.com/cgbarrett/status/759106579043987456

Class items will work with shaders again in ROI

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Roman posted:

Guarantee that's a result of exorcising last gen consoles. They probably didn't have the memory for those textures.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

xzzy posted:

Guarantee that's a result of exorcising last gen consoles. They probably didn't have the memory for those textures.

Too much content

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The 360 had only 512mb of ram and 10mb of video memory, so yeah, it really was too much content. For 11 year old hardware.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

xzzy posted:

The 360 had only 512mb of ram and 10mb of video memory, so yeah, it really was too much content. For 11 year old hardware.
you can see it on youtube. washed out blurry textures, jaggies everywhere, random frame drops. plus long loading times for the inventory screens.

that big boat in the middle of the forgotten shore was put there because without it the framerate dropped to unplayable levels on last gen. i wonder how much stuff is in the game just to compensate for the old hardware

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Adregan posted:

A wild Soulex appears!!!!!

Yeah man.

Medically discharged from the Army, about a week away from moving to San Diego where I will go to college and learn how to be a responsible member of society!

The medical discharge itself took loving forever. I was also told that I wasn't gonna get an ETS award because I was flagged previously for height and weight. Like it's an ETS award, not PCS you cunts.

While all that was going on I was passing and failing a class in college. Passed with an A, and the other one was an F because I didn't have time.

I miss you guys what's new?

Fake edit. Totally sorry about the video. As you can see, things are different now.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

A million times this. Y'all can call NF worthless now and I don't really disagree but the way it was laid out in Y1 was the actual feces. Now I can do any of the weekly activities in any order and not be forced to always play on Tuesday night to sneak in on a NF team because literally zero people wanted to do it by the time Thursday or whatever rolled around.

Night falls were the poo poo back then and I loved them. Are they completely worthless now?

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Roman posted:

Thank God.

(Watch them only enable it for purchasers of RoI :v:)

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Who cares only Hunter class items look like anything and hunters are poo poo

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Soulex posted:

Night falls were the poo poo back then and I loved them. Are they completely worthless now?

Depends, what's you're opinion on sparrow horns?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Soulex posted:

you no longer get kicked back to orbit when you wipe (making the name Nightfall meaningless), no more 25% XP/rep boost from completion, you can still get exotics but usually get lovely legendary stuff like class items and custom horn sounds for your sparrow. you can still get good stuff from NF but it's faster and more fun to just use 3 of Coins from Xur and kill bosses anywhere else in the game

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Soulex posted:

Not sure when you last played, but yeah, kinda. They removed the 25% XP and rep buff, drops are a bit of a mess (hope you like ghost shells and stacks of 3oC), and generally they don't offer you anything a heroic strike wouldn't and those are matchmade so you can play them whenever you want.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

xzzy posted:

Depends, what's you're opinion on sparrow horns?

King4Ever

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

FishBulb posted:

Who cares only Hunter class items look like anything and hunters are poo poo
Someone never tried Glowhoo or Queen's Web with the Trials mark.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Roman posted:

you no longer get kicked back to orbit when you wipe (making the name Nightfall meaningless), no more 25% XP/rep boost from completion, you can still get exotics but usually get lovely legendary stuff like class items and custom horn sounds for your sparrow. you can still get good stuff from NF but it's faster and more fun to just use 3 of Coins from Xur and kill bosses anywhere else in the game

:negative:

Sparrows have horns now? The last time I played was like jumping in a few times to race a sparrow when that shot first came out.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Soulex posted:

:negative:

Sparrows have horns now? The last time I played was like jumping in a few times to race a sparrow when that shot first came out.

Yeah, it was introduced alongside sparrow racing. Nowadays the only way to get a horn other than the default one seems to be spending real money or getting "lucky" in a Nightfall.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
sparrow horns are the only worthwhile reward in nf because loving lol if you don't already have hundreds of strange coins on top of a bunch of unused 3oC's

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
They're not worthwhile because I already have a King horn.

Although I do need king horns for my other two chars, shame there isn't a horn kiosk.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

FishBulb posted:

hunters are poo poo

:h: we should hang out more

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Joined a Rumble match and was 800 points behind. The top dude is running UR + snipes and constantly teabags anyone he kills. I come back from a huge deficit and end up winning by 75 points with less than 5 seconds to go. UR Bro was my final kill.

I'm so happy I had the clap emote equipped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

fennesz posted:

Joined a Rumble match and was 800 points behind. The top dude is running UR + snipes and constantly teabags anyone he kills. I come back from a huge deficit and end up winning by 75 points with less than 5 seconds to go. UR Bro was my final kill.

I'm so happy I had the clap emote equipped.
The true beauty of Shrug is that it works whether you'd won or lost.

As the Bone Krew can attest.

• Locked thread