Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zenostein posted:

So he did~

Also, it'd look silly if the tail was on top of the dress. Like anything else, you gotta be mindful of your layers.

e. oh yeah
https://twitter.com/OrangeMaru_/status/758575138522603520
https://twitter.com/OrangeMaru_/status/758576732525830144

Poor sachiko

I wouldn't wish that fate on anyone...

Also Koume looks mad adorable with Syoko's facial paintings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Futaba Anzu posted:

she should just eat syoko's mushroom what's wrong

I feel like she said it was poison, and in any event it's not terribly wise to eat a mushroom you can't identify. Like, even sachiko's gotta know that.

This is a real good tag team, by the way.

Polsy posted:

Finally, I can easily check all the puchi poses so I can finish putting together my imperfect >_< team

Can't believe they're stealing the best Million Live feature. Though, it's not actually useful as a friend finder or anything since it doesn't even have your ID number on it so if they did that it'd be an improvement.

I think I like it better as a dickwaving tool, tbh. Do you pick what events are listed there, or is it just the last two? Actually what is the second one? A ranking for how much Shiho likes you?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Zenostein posted:

I feel like she said it was poison, and in any event it's not terribly wise to eat a mushroom you can't identify. Like, even sachiko's gotta know that.

that's why she should eat it imo

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Futaba Anzu posted:

that's why she should eat it imo

Please do not mistreat your kawaiiboku. It may be surprisingly resilient, but it is not indestructible. Remember to always follow the warnings in the manual for your kawaiiboku™ in order to prevent damage or harm.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Zenostein posted:

Please do not mistreat your kawaiiboku. It may be surprisingly resilient, but it is not indestructible. Remember to always follow the warnings in the manual for your kawaiiboku™ in order to prevent damage or harm.

Pretty crazy people would think of harming kawaii boku. This is a world in need of destruction.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Sachiko falls with Ranko under the "cute idols I would like to tease and bully" category.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

You don't need to bully Sachiko, she gets into enough trouble just from being an unparalleled cute idol.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

I think I like it better as a dickwaving tool, tbh. Do you pick what events are listed there, or is it just the last two? Actually what is the second one? A ranking for how much Shiho likes you?

It's actually just the last one - if it's an event where there's multiple idols to 'level up' (to, ultimately, receive their card) it shows your overall ranking and then your best ranking for whoever.

As far as I can tell the only place you can see anyone's card is on their profile page so yeah, basically dickwaving to improve your chances of getting a friend request.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Reminder that kawaii boku x Rin is a thing, and it's not half bad.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
I liked the part where everyone said Sachiko should be a box.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
It begins...

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

At 146 LP, I get 5 - 6 plays per gem if I'm burning through them. Assuming worst case scenario where I get fourth place five times, that's 1630 in one gem, but with the extra LP and having very competitive teams (provided I don't run into kintolinsky) on average I can prob hit 2k per.

If I can shoot for 15k points per day, I can stay safely in T1 range and adjust my targets if the cutoff pushes higher. But, I'm still gonna shoot for day one 25k.

ChubbyThePhat posted:

It begins...

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Moldy Taxes posted:

At 146 LP, I get 5 - 6 plays per gem if I'm burning through them. Assuming worst case scenario where I get fourth place five times, that's 1630 in one gem, but with the extra LP and having very competitive teams (provided I don't run into kintolinsky) on average I can prob hit 2k per.

If I can shoot for 15k points per day, I can stay safely in T1 range and adjust my targets if the cutoff pushes higher. But, I'm still gonna shoot for day one 25k.

I seriously need to go through and optimize a pure score team, but I'm legit terrible at doing this. I never know if I care about how many of each stat or if I just want all score boost abilities.

I also only have 84 lp per gem right now so it's gonna be a grind. Not gonna spend too many gems today, but will want to safely land myself in top 500 by the end of the night.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I've been wondering about raw stats vs. score boost skills.

Let's do some napkin math, assuming a 400 note song. 100 extra points in whatever stat yields an average of 100*1.09*1.1*1.15*.0125 ≈ 1.72 points per note, assuming you are playing EN and have a UR that increases points based on its own color, the card color matches the song, you maintain the combo the whole way, and you hit Perfect. Also assuming that the wiki's formulas are correct. 689 points for the song.

Let's arbitrarily take Rock Nico: "For every 16 perfects, there is a 39% chance of increasing player's score by 240 points." Again assuming all Perfects, we have 25 chances for it to go off in a 400 note song, yielding 2340 points on average.

So it looks like for Rock Nico you'd need a card with 340 extra points in the stat to kick her out. That's a much bigger difference than I would have expected. The raw stats gain in strength for longer songs with higher combo bonuses, and for when you're allowed to take a friend's +9% to help as well, but I imagine the line would pretty much never be less than ~250 or so for SRs.

I'm going to have to rebalance my teams, I haven't really been worrying about skills. I don't need more than one healer at most, and I think that's covered by my URs, and Perfect Lockers almost certainly aren't worth it in terms of score.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
May the only red you two see be tomato and not your own blood. I salute the Maki devotees.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I've been wondering about raw stats vs. score boost skills.

Let's do some napkin math, assuming a 400 note song. 100 extra points in whatever stat yields an average of 100*1.09*1.1*1.15*.0125 ≈ 1.72 points per note, assuming you are playing EN and have a UR that increases points based on its own color, the card color matches the song, you maintain the combo the whole way, and you hit Perfect. Also assuming that the wiki's formulas are correct. 689 points for the song.

Let's arbitrarily take Rock Nico: "For every 16 perfects, there is a 39% chance of increasing player's score by 240 points." Again assuming all Perfects, we have 25 chances for it to go off in a 400 note song, yielding 2340 points on average.

So it looks like for Rock Nico you'd need a card with 340 extra points in the stat to kick her out. That's a much bigger difference than I would have expected. The raw stats gain in strength for longer songs with higher combo bonuses, and for when you're allowed to take a friend's +9% to help as well, but I imagine the line would pretty much never be less than ~250 or so for SRs.

I'm going to have to rebalance my teams, I haven't really been worrying about skills. I don't need more than one healer at most, and I think that's covered by my URs, and Perfect Lockers almost certainly aren't worth it in terms of score.

Interesting food for thought. Healers definitely aren't necessary (but some of the cards are super cute). That is a way bigger difference than I would have expected though. I should see if I can craft a good score farming team and maybe try a couple songs with it just to see the difference.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Now here's a card that's hard to calculate scores for:

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

What even is that lol

e: Maybe I'll just start by replacing healers with score boosters in my respective stat teams.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
My EN teams mostly consist of the URs, promo URs, and idolized SRs that I have, so not a lot of room for optimization, but there were a few swaps to be made. JP, where anything can be idolized if I want, promises to be trickier, plus there's the reworked center skills to consider. I might just stick to my previous plan of choosing the cards I think are cutest, trying to theme each team after a year or subunit. That is to say, 3rd years or BiBi.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
It's fortunate that Dr. Nico is a score booster, because there's no way she wouldn't be on the team.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Yeah the new skill equipment in JPNSIF also makes URs and fully idolized SR/SSR healers and perfect locks viable as well.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I'd assumed that until one had a surfeit of them, any true UR has a place on a team, just by virtue of her stats, but...

The inarguably weakest UR in the game is Valentine Nico, a healer at 4890 Cool points at level 80 plus bond. There are 19 score up idolized SRs with more Cool points that that. I'd never realized how comparable unidolized URs and idolized SRs actually are. The best URs are Animal mk. 2 Maki and Christmas Eli, both score boosters at 5040 at level 80, which is <100 better than the best score booster SRs at 80 (though their skills are also better). Past the one center, URs really aren't at all necessary.

I think optimal team building for an account with a few URs of each color would involve eating half of them to idolize the other half and filling the free slots with idolized SRs.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
More napkin math time!

My Victorian Nozomi's skill is "For every 27 perfects, there is a 41% chance of increasing player's score by 620 points." She has the Empress Charm SI skill, giving a 2.5x bonus to that. In our FC Perfect 400-note song, that's 14 chances to trigger, for 14*.41*620*1.5 = 5338.2 extra points from the SI skill.

If I gave her a Cool Cross [3rd Year] (which I don't have) and a Cool Kiss, that'd give her an extra 5520*.16+200 = 1083.2 Cool points, which by my previous math gives 7463 extra points.

My Kunoichi Nico's skill is "For every 15 notes, there is a 16% chance of recovering player's HP by 5." If I had an Princess Heal to give her, it would turn into 1350 points when it triggered, for 16*.16*1350 = 3456 points during our 400-note song.

Smile Cross [3rd Year] + Smile Kiss gives her an extra 5880*.16+200 = 1140.8 Smile points, for 7860 extra points.

That's a blowout for better stats SI skills over the gimmick skill alteration SI skills.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

More napkin math time!

My Victorian Nozomi's skill is "For every 27 perfects, there is a 41% chance of increasing player's score by 620 points." She has the Empress Charm SI skill, giving a 2.5x bonus to that. In our FC Perfect 400-note song, that's 14 chances to trigger, for 14*.41*620*1.5 = 5338.2 extra points from the SI skill.

If I gave her a Cool Cross [3rd Year] (which I don't have) and a Cool Kiss, that'd give her an extra 5520*.16+200 = 1083.2 Cool points, which by my previous math gives 7463 extra points.

My Kunoichi Nico's skill is "For every 15 notes, there is a 16% chance of recovering player's HP by 5." If I had an Princess Heal to give her, it would turn into 1350 points when it triggered, for 16*.16*1350 = 3456 points during our 400-note song.

Smile Cross [3rd Year] + Smile Kiss gives her an extra 5880*.16+200 = 1140.8 Smile points, for 7860 extra points.

That's a blowout for better stats SI skills over the gimmick skill alteration SI skills.

drat that's not even close.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
For the sake of completeness:

July Maki is a Perfect Locker with "For every 20 notes, there is a 36% chance of turning all goods and greats in the next 3.5 seconds into perfects." Overlooking the fact that while it's active the note counter isn't running, we have 19 chances for it to trigger in a helpful way, i.e. not at the very end, for 19*.36*3.5 ≈ 24 seconds of lock. Let's say... 20% of the song covered by this? Sure, why not. 80 notes covered, then.

If she has an Empress Trick, then at level 80 and 5800 Cool points we're looking at 58*1.72*80*.25 = 1995.2 extra points.

I'm not even going to bother to calc the exacts from a stats kit, it's going to be multiple times that.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Polsy posted:

It's actually just the last one - if it's an event where there's multiple idols to 'level up' (to, ultimately, receive their card) it shows your overall ranking and then your best ranking for whoever.

As far as I can tell the only place you can see anyone's card is on their profile page so yeah, basically dickwaving to improve your chances of getting a friend request.

Infinitely better than "I got an SSR on 8 October." I wonder what they'll put in SS's one. They've already got badges for events.

taser rates posted:

I liked the part where everyone said Sachiko should be a box.

:yeah: that's my favorite rpg class

http://twitter.com/morune1/status/759023147559497728

Interpret as you will.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
HOLY loving poo poo THIS EPISODE STARTS WITH HOTEL MOONSIDE.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
GOD I HOPE THIS IS A GOOD EPISODE CAUSE IT'S STARTING GREAT.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
gently caress you Mishiro die.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Something I've always noticed is that Mio's outfit in the OP looks really different from the rest, because hers is like the only one that goes up to her neck.

The design is different, too.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's even more noticable when you look at the main trio.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Well, they're all different, but yeah, hers going up to the neck is particularly noticeable

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I know I only have like, 4 episodes left, but please, God, let this be the one without drama.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Um, Mayu, ?????, HANAKANZASHI girl, ?????? or something like that?

Is... is that Sachiko in the second?

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I think so. #4 is Miho

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH is that Koume????

The sleeves totally say it's Koume.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
gently caress WRONG PICTURE.

gently caress YOU IMGUR.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's Koume!!!!!!!

Man, Miria's and Rika's outfit sure is something.

Pretty eh.

Then again I've never been a fan of dots and spots.