Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Support Inti Creates by buying Gunvolt 2 instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Policenaut posted:

I will get it on Vita because it is the shame platform and also because rail shooters on consoles make me motion sick for some reason. Bring back the light gun era.

It would actually work much better as a light gun game and feels kind of pointless just dragging a target around.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Sakurazuka posted:

It would actually work much better as a light gun game and feels kind of pointless just dragging a target around.

I think my biggest gaming disappointment in the past decade was PlayStation Move's big push for "rail shooters". I dropped like hundreds on Move wands and games like Time Crisis and Dead Space Extraction and whatever only to find that I got incredibly motion sick after playing them for 15 minutes because of that drat cursor no doubt. I miss old style light gun games where you just had crosshairs on the gun and you could do snap shots without having to worry about whether or not the cursor on the wiimote/Move could loving keep up with your movements and if they were calibrated correctly and all that poo poo.

At least I can tap the targets on Gal*Gun Vita, that's something.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You can blame HDTV's for killing off traditional lightgun games I guess.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Endorph posted:

anyway looking forward to some old australian guy kicking atelier out of walmart because of high impact sexual violence

Australia must be stopped.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Endorph posted:

anyway looking forward to some old australian guy kicking atelier out of walmart because of high impact sexual violence

what one old australian man kicks out of his store, he will kick into my hands

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

My phone autocorrects danganronpa to kangaroos - makes you think

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the danganronpa's name is weird joke might be the most played out in the history of jokes

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Didn't realise your phone translated Tales of Phantasia

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Endorph posted:

the danganronpa's name is weird joke might be the most played out in the history of jokes

did you know

that vita means life

it is ironic because many would describe the system as dead hahaha

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Endorph posted:

but that's not the joke I was making

I was making an even worse post then danganronpa got autocorrected as kangaroos

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Vita means hometown

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
That homebrew enabler seems neat, but after thinking on it..all I actually want is PSP loading for the games I own but can't get on there. And by that I guess I just meant PSP2/Infinity.

Well, someday.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Does any Trophy in Trails of Cold Steel actually require one to analyze enemies? There's one for completing the bestiary, but I'd hope simply beating the enemies is enough...?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Szurumbur posted:

Does any Trophy in Trails of Cold Steel actually require one to analyze enemies? There's one for completing the bestiary, but I'd hope simply beating the enemies is enough...?

Beating an enemy won't necessarily give you all their bestiary info, so it's best to analyze them.

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.
Aside: I hate video game nomenclature so much.

I enjoy rail shooters like panzer dragoon, Rez, etc. I despise light gun games. The latter being called the former is confusing to me as a consumer, but seems to be the norm.

Same re: rogue and whatever the hell marketing is calling a roguelike that has no similarity to rogue. Permanent death isn't even a key feature of roguelikes. Nor is procedural generation of levels (though I think generally it makes roguelikes better).

:saddowns:

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Really Pants posted:

Beating an enemy won't necessarily give you all their bestiary info, so it's best to analyze them.

That's a shame, I've already missed a few opportunities. Oh well, I have to do another run on the road to platinum anyway, but at least now I know for sure, thanks!

Szurumbur fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Jul 29, 2016

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Szurumbur posted:

That's a shame, I've already missed a few analazyses. Oh well, I have to do another run on the road to platinum anyway, but at least now I know for sure, thanks!

Elliot and Emma share a craft called Detector that will instantly analyze an enemy, and also make it easier to get link attacks on them. I got lots of use out of that.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

leper khan posted:

Permanent death isn't even a key feature of roguelikes. Nor is procedural generation of levels (though I think generally it makes roguelikes better).

The Berlin Interpretation disagrees with you on both counts :v:

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

Thuryl posted:

The Berlin Interpretation disagrees with you on both counts :v:

You missed the part of the mini rant where I was complaining about how the man was wrong and the current genre definitions are hot garbage. That some decade old back room definition out of the DDR is wrong is part of the problem, not the solution. :colbert:

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
Have any of y'all played with the HENkaku deal yet?

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I've seen a couple posters now say they want/are playing Gal Gun. Is it actually a good game? I didn't check out much of it. I've beaten games like Akiba's Trip and just beat Ultra Despair Girls (it was garbage but I paid for the game a long time ago and decided I should waste the 10 hours beating it just in case the anime wanted to reference events to it). So if I played those just fine is it something I should look into then?

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

MisterAlex posted:

It works. Still rather new so there's not much homebrew yet.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

The Black Stones posted:

I've seen a couple posters now say they want/are playing Gal Gun. Is it actually a good game? I didn't check out much of it. I've beaten games like Akiba's Trip and just beat Ultra Despair Girls (it was garbage but I paid for the game a long time ago and decided I should waste the 10 hours beating it just in case the anime wanted to reference events to it). So if I played those just fine is it something I should look into then?

Giant Bomb Dot Com your number one source for all Gal Gun related inquiries has a quick look.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I put it on my PSTV, tried using an app and got hit with the whitelist. I then powered it off and set it next to my RetroPi.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

The Black Stones posted:

I've seen a couple posters now say they want/are playing Gal Gun. Is it actually a good game?

It looks like a kinda junky Virtua Cop, really.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Are their any easy farmable Inferno missions that you can do even with crappy weapons in EDF 2 like there are in 4.1?

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

MisterAlex posted:

It works after a finicky install phase, but I hope you like Genesis or Game Boy emulation only, because the SNES and GBA ones are kinda lovely performance wise and nothing else really exists yet.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Sakurazuka posted:

Are their any easy farmable Inferno missions that you can do even with crappy weapons in EDF 2 like there are in 4.1?
If I remember the PS2 version right, there's one mission with a massive cave and a pit of spiders where you're expected to jump down to them. If you don't a if you have a grenade launcher big enough, you can just blast them from your perch with only a few hopping anywhere near your position.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Dehry posted:

I put it on my PSTV, tried using an app and got hit with the whitelist. I then powered it off and set it next to my RetroPi.

The new hack allows you to override the white list.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

SelenicMartian posted:

If I remember the PS2 version right, there's one mission with a massive cave and a pit of spiders where you're expected to jump down to them. If you don't a if you have a grenade launcher big enough, you can just blast them from your perch with only a few hopping anywhere near your position.
You can pretty quickly take down godzillas with a half decent rapier. Crank up the difficulty and try to land on them.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

There are a few missions that only have red ants. Infantry can take them on with Slug Shots, Impulses, or C-Bombs. Pale Wings can use Rapiers and Thunder Bows. Air Raiders can use Skytrap Wires, Satellites, and 150mm Cannons.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Szurumbur posted:

That's a shame, I've already missed a few opportunities. Oh well, I have to do another run on the road to platinum anyway, but at least now I know for sure, thanks!

Just wanted to add two more things: the bestiary lists every enemy you have found per region and if there's a single ? anywhere in a file it won't count as scanned, also bosses and their helpers also have to be scanned and you should use a quick battle scope instead of wasting precious turns/cp with an art/craft.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
Can anyone tell me anything about Grand Kingdom and if it is worth playing? I've seen it a few times in a local store but I'm not sure if I want to pick it up or not.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Slur posted:

Can anyone tell me anything about Grand Kingdom and if it is worth playing? I've seen it a few times in a local store but I'm not sure if I want to pick it up or not.
Have you tried the demo?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Saoshyant posted:

Just wanted to add two more things: the bestiary lists every enemy you have found per region and if there's a single ? anywhere in a file it won't count as scanned, also bosses and their helpers also have to be scanned and you should use a quick battle scope instead of wasting precious turns/cp with an art/craft.

To add to the adding: any named characters you ever fight will have their own bestiary entries, and if you fight them more than once you'll need to analyze them again.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

Elliotw2 posted:

It works after a finicky install phase, but I hope you like Genesis or Game Boy emulation only, because the SNES and GBA ones are kinda lovely performance wise and nothing else really exists yet.

Bummer. SNES is what I would mainly want. =\

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wQXYy6Zjo4

1:50 minute long anime trailer for Demon Gazer 2. Clearly has higher budget than the original, but in turn it no longer has IA on vocals. Unacceptable.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I can hack my dead gay console now? Thank god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

voltcatfish posted:

I can hack my dead gay console now? Thank god

Yeah, homebrew only for now though and not even anything particularly good yet.