Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!
Not to mention you got Krut, who currently is maybe coming back eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

5275 crystals total to buy all pgene packages.

Now I really wished I didn't spend any crystals the previous couple of weeks. :suicide:

quote:

6. ‘Boss gaining its turn when killed by a counterattack during the guild raid’ has been fixed.

That thing I complained about got fixed.

quote:

9. ‘Some soul gears’ effects not being applied properly’ has been fixed.

Also this.

Somefool fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jul 28, 2016

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!
Just downloaded a quick patch. Hopefully it fixes the problems somefool and I had been experiencing.

e: that appears to be a "yes."

Hodgepodge fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Jul 29, 2016

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!

Somefool posted:

5275 crystals total to buy all pgene packages.

Now I really wished I didn't spend any crystals the previous couple of weeks. :suicide:

It's buried in the patch notes, but guild raid rewards can now include Perfect Genes past rank B as well. Not sure how many or often, but still good news.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Hodgepodge posted:

It's buried in the patch notes, but guild raid rewards can now include Perfect Genes past rank B as well. Not sure how many or often, but still good news.

They also added diamonds to guild rewards, which means I should probably rejoin soon on account of needing to convert an Unyielding champion piece.

Also I got for my quest guide reward.....Here Comes The Gnome. WELP. On the bright side though, I got a second piece of Lab Demon which is nice.

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out

Neurolimal posted:

Here Comes The Gnome.

I got that one too. It doesn't seem great... please tell me it is actually good.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Its bad as far as I can see. I got a full Savage Token from the quest reward. Not great but not completely worthless. I threw it on Valkyrie because why not, didn't have any other 1* sets for her.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Incy posted:

I got that one too. It doesn't seem great... please tell me it is actually good.

Nope. Here Comes the Gnome! is the worst unlimited set in the game. The only things worse are poo poo like the nepthys-only sets, the dimensional breakthrough set, and the 2 star tower of dawn set. (The 5 star one gives 2000 attack and defense to the whole party, and is thus actually good)

The only time it's an actual good set is when you're a complete noob and have nothing else to put on anybody, a state in which you should probably not be for long, thanks to all the event stores giving 9 level 200 coocoos per day.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

NinjaDebugger posted:

Nope. Here Comes the Gnome! is the worst unlimited set in the game. The only things worse are poo poo like the nepthys-only sets, the dimensional breakthrough set, and the 2 star tower of dawn set. (The 5 star one gives 2000 attack and defense to the whole party, and is thus actually good)

The only time it's an actual good set is when you're a complete noob and have nothing else to put on anybody, a state in which you should probably not be for long, thanks to all the event stores giving 9 level 200 coocoos per day.

Even if you're max level 5*, each character still has a 1* equip set slot available. :ssh:

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
I don't understand the Transform Magic Girl set. The 2 piece says "Increases HP damage by 2270." Is that just +2270 damage?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Munsun posted:

I don't understand the Transform Magic Girl set. The 2 piece says "Increases HP damage by 2270." Is that just +2270 damage?

Typo. It's +2270 HP.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Holy crap Gillan's new model looks out of place. :gonk:

Everyone is cartoony and bright while Gillan is dark and serious. Also he's still drinking his dagger.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Somefool posted:

Everyone is cartoony and bright while Gillan is dark and serious. Also he's still drinking his dagger.

Yeah, all that work for a new model and he's still taking swigs from the back of the dagger. But at least it's the right end.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!
I decided against the Reina package because I had already maxed her. So I did some pulls and got 2 pieces of Omni, 2 of mini-Klein, one pirate hat, and a second piece of Beast Rain.

I must go now. I feel the urge to sound my call into the abyssal deep :shepspends:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Somefool posted:

:agreed: Prefer cartoony Gillan

I like to think he's too high to notice he's slurping on the end of a dagger.

Today in guild wars we were 51st :negative:

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Helical Nightmares posted:

:agreed: Prefer cartoony Gillan

I like to think he's too high to notice he's slurping on the end of a dagger.

Today in guild wars we were 51st :negative:

On one hand that really sucks. On the other hand, they made daily rewards more linear so the difference isn't as big as before.

I don't feel too bad with the new reward scaling unless we somehow miss top 20 or something. Still wish we could get top 50 weekly though.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!

Somefool posted:

On one hand that really sucks. On the other hand, they made daily rewards more linear so the difference isn't as big as before.

I don't feel too bad with the new reward scaling unless we somehow miss top 20 or something. Still wish we could get top 50 weekly though.

I feel like I should be steadily progressing in ability soon. I'm getting more and more core heroes up and running, and am looking at getting some of the more specialized ones like Lily and Lillid going next. Also I have like 5 Devil Souls at the moment. Just got to bring in enough cash to get a core set of gear up to Legendary. Also I maxed my Battle Masteries.

Also between those pulls and getting Belle to 5*, Dimensional Breakthrough is suddenly a lot more tolerable.

Hodgepodge fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jul 30, 2016

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Yo I need someone to set their merc as Kitty only if she has the following:
-2nd skill maxed
-Some armor if possible

Need it before guild raid resets.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Reina has definitely been a gear/level check for me. I struggle with the second map. I doubt I'll unlock her unless she comes back around in the future.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Somefool posted:

Yo I need someone to set their merc as Kitty only if she has the following:
-2nd skill maxed
-Some armor if possible

Need it before guild raid resets.

~42% armor 5* lv 1 10/10/8/8 iirc kitty up

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Hodgepodge posted:

I decided against the Reina package because I had already maxed her. So I did some pulls and got 2 pieces of Omni, 2 of mini-Klein, one pirate hat, and a second piece of Beast Rain.

I must go now. I feel the urge to sound my call into the abyssal deep :shepspends:

Nice!

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Yes! Finally beat ToD normal, and just before the month ends, too! Got a duplicate set, can't decide whether to give it to someone else or transcend. I'm also finding that ToD 60 is a gear check for me. Just can't do enough damage, and grace only lasts so long...

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Iunnrais posted:

Yes! Finally beat ToD normal, and just before the month ends, too! Got a duplicate set, can't decide whether to give it to someone else or transcend. I'm also finding that ToD 60 is a gear check for me. Just can't do enough damage, and grace only lasts so long...

What set? If you're having trouble with ToD normal, you are almost certainly better off using it as its own set, to get the variety you need to advance up ToD Hard.

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
Regarding the random sets that you get, are they tied to the black coocoo capsules event? Not sure if it's just a coincidence, but I got the Vulcan Essence from TOD normal and the Wild Desperado from the new quest system.

Both sets are the 3* ones from the capsule event.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Secx posted:

Regarding the random sets that you get, are they tied to the black coocoo capsules event? Not sure if it's just a coincidence, but I got the Vulcan Essence from TOD normal and the Wild Desperado from the new quest system.

Both sets are the 3* ones from the capsule event.

Full set coocoos aren't tied to anything. Black coocoos that you receive from events or tower are tied to the rotation, though, and should be saved until a good spread comes up.

Earlier this month, I saved my tower coocoos and pulled a fourth Klein piece off one.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

NinjaDebugger posted:

Full set coocoos aren't tied to anything. Black coocoos that you receive from events or tower are tied to the rotation, though, and should be saved until a good spread comes up.

Earlier this month, I saved my tower coocoos and pulled a fourth Klein piece off one.

doh. good to know for the future.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Wait you get CooCoos out of the tower? Guess I gotta grind some more.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Wait you get CooCoos out of the tower? Guess I gotta grind some more.

You get 3 coocoos for each rank as well as a set coocoo (guaranteed set, any rank possible) and like 500 perfect genes (can be used to upgrade skills for any hero). You can also get those a second time by beating the Hard Mode version (which has obscenely difficult boss fights, but also a pretty overpowered hero if you finish it).

And you can get those every month. Basically ToD is a #1 priority after you get a few 4+ rank heroes.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I've still only got muzaka as my only 4 star, just bought Tao. I'm barely at Gillan story wise, so idk if I should spend forever in the mat dungeon to raise some stars or waste time fighting Reina.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Nomadic Scholar posted:

I've still only got muzaka as my only 4 star, just bought Tao. I'm barely at Gillan story wise, so idk if I should spend forever in the mat dungeon to raise some stars or waste time fighting Reina.

That's okay, make sure to get as far up the tower as you can every month. The sheer amount of resources there will help you get further every month.

You want to be raising ranks whenever possible, getting a full team to 5 stars should be one of your biggest priorities. Then you can use those to bootstrap more characters to 5 stars by pushing forward the coocoo dungeons.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Gotcha. I guess this means my first 5* team will probably be muzaka, Valkyrie, Raskreia, Krut and Chris/Lance/Tao depending on whoever I level first.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
The best I can manage in ToD is floor 20.

I can't even beat mirror room 2. They do so much damage and confusion. :negative: Is there some way to negate that that doesn't take obscure set items?

Also, I have 1650 gems. should I yolo on the current 5* set, more masteries/storage, or the set of 500 pgenese?

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
Mirror room 2 doesn't follow the normal difficulty curve. I had to wait until I could clear out TOD 50 before I did mirror room 2. The other mirror rooms in normal are much easier. The way I eventually cleared it was by spreading out my heroes so they don't hit each other when they'd eventually get confused, CC (Serendi, Mu, Gillian in my case) and Krut.

As for the gems, the consensus is expeditions to level 10, battle masteries, then support mastery.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Gotcha. I guess this means my first 5* team will probably be muzaka, Valkyrie, Raskreia, Krut and Chris/Lance/Tao depending on whoever I level first.

With that team, you should leave off those last 3 and level Serendi. She's a powerhouse you can't afford to ignore. There's a reason the month I beat the hard tower is the month I decided to finally level her.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Let's talk about Saturday's raid aka Hellmaster.

I was going to post this video and then talk about stuff:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssRhCCbHFfg

However, there was an initial strategy that I had before but completely forgot about until now.

In theory, the following SHOULD work.

Team composition: 3x Paper Heroes, Deborah/Sione, Kitty + Kitty merc

There are 2 paper tiles on this map and if you place any hero on it, they would need a 5 tile range skill in order to hit Hellmaster from his initial position. Kitty only have 1 skill with a 5 tile range and it's her 2nd skill. Her 2nd skill also happens to stun if the target is under the effect of DoT. The stun chance is 80% at max and with soul gear, it can shoot up to 100%.

As far as I know, Hellmaster isn't immune to DoT. If done correctly, every turn Kitty will fire her laser with a 80% chance to stun the boss. This should permanently stun the boss until rng screws you over and it's much better than relying on Unknown/Alex with their 75% stun chance.

I'll try this method again next Saturday, so I need more Kitty mercs with 2nd skill upgraded. Damage doesn't matter because I don't need Kitty finishing off the boss. Defense matters in case the boss counter attacks.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!
Huh. Well, I guess I can raise Kitty up next for Rock.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

How far would that team take me if I maxed serendi? She's currently Max lv2.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Right, so couple of things to note about current events.

All dungeon retries are half off right now, which is very important for tomorrow. If you need gold or mana stones, reset those dungeons. You can get up to ~330k gold for 10 crystals if you managed to get SS rank on stage 10! This is the best crystal:gold value right now so don't blow some crystals on it.

Another thing is that the perfect genes are under Shop > Functional and they can be bought with crystals instead of real money. I would say perfect genes are the 2nd most valuable resource in the game due to how many good heroes actually need it to skill up quickly. A lot of heroes need 2500+ genes to max out all skills and the max amount of pgenes you can get per month is ~1000 assuming you can clear both normal and hard ToD. Seriously consider buying whatever pgene package you can afford because they're much rarer than equipment capsule events.

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
Does Dolores passive work in the gold dungeon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Secx posted:

Does Dolores passive work in the gold dungeon?

As far as I can tell, Dolores only affects the clear gold and not the card rewards which is where the majority of the gold comes from.

• Locked thread