Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Cnut the Great posted:

that sounds...uh...really funny....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fHd_phdjNY

That doesn't have the first fight I mentioned either.

I wonder how they decided where to put the laugh tracks in that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

What about Lois from Malcolm in the Middle as the worst shrew caricature?

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Watched this with the sound off because I'm at work.

It's from a training video about people with borderline personality disorder, right? I cringed when she shoved him into the bookshelf, and things fell off...

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Grand Prize Winner posted:

I just got a girl's number at a bar last night

not gonna call her because lol at calling some chick you met at a bar

bar girls are no bueno

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
meh you're at a bar ain't you what makes you so superior

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011

Moridin920 posted:

meh you're at a bar ain't you what makes you so superior

He's there ironically.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

I'm there to get drunk

probs my favorite place to actually pick up chicks is planned parenthood bcuz they're in a vulnerable place==low standards

naem
May 29, 2011

My favorite ep of Raymomd was the one where the wife realizes she only wants to spend her vacation on a chocolate factory tour because they get some free chocolate and that her life is sad and has a nervous breakdown and cries while her husband stands there ineffectually, then the old people scold them for ever having hope

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

naem posted:

My favorite ep of Raymomd was the one where the wife realizes she only wants to spend her vacation on a chocolate factory tour because they get some free chocolate and that her life is sad and has a nervous breakdown and cries while her husband stands there ineffectually, then the old people scold them for ever having hope

That makes it sound edgy and dark, which Everybody Loves Raymond doesn't have a reputation for being. Unless I've been mislead all these years and it's actually a Louis-esque portrayal of sadness and desperation?

naem
May 29, 2011

A Strange Aeon posted:

That makes it sound edgy and dark, which Everybody Loves Raymond doesn't have a reputation for being. Unless I've been mislead all these years and it's actually a Louis-esque portrayal of sadness and desperation?

There were laugh track breaks and all the lines were spoken very slowly and clearly so it was a comedy

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
nice guys should just try to bottom for mean alphas

naem
May 29, 2011

Remove the music and laugh track and edit the film for naturalism and you get a grim tragedy

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

https://youtu.be/i_sxuyB_uVI

naem
May 29, 2011

Grandpa walks in on crying daughter in law

"We didn't have vacation when I was young! We couldn't afford chocolate very often and it's bad for you! I never earned very much money and now I'm old and unattractive and my wife is unpleasant! Who are you to expect happiness?? Hey, useless son, you're an idiot! I'm going to die soon!"

Laugh track

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

naem posted:

I never earned very much money and now I'm old and unattractive and my wife is unpleasant! I'm going to die soon!"

extremely same

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

naem posted:

Grandpa walks in on crying daughter in law

"We didn't have vacation when I was young! We couldn't afford chocolate very often and it's bad for you! I never earned very much money and now I'm old and unattractive and my wife is unpleasant! Who are you to expect happiness?? Hey, useless son, you're an idiot! I'm going to die soon!"

Laugh track

That would make a great college project for someone studying video production. Take an average sitcom episode and reveal the darkness of the situations.

naem
May 29, 2011

A Strange Aeon posted:

That would make a great college project for someone studying video production. Take an average sitcom episode and reveal the darkness of the situations.

It is also a pretty good way to while away the hours typing away with your thumbs on your phone as I spew forth into the void that is this website

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Moridin920 posted:

She was legit the worst caricature of a shrew character you could have and I'm really amazed anyone would point to that as an example of 'female privilege' just bc the lady is more attractive than the dude (and tbh Ray wasn't even that dumpy so I really don't know what the gently caress).

Like when it was on and I was a younger kid it'd be 50/50 whether I'd switch to something else just bc Debra's constant yelling and freaking out was a little too much man.

this. she and the lady on king of queens were loving insane assholes. I am honestly surprised everyone loves raymond didnt end with Brad Garrett just shooting them all with his service pistol before taking his life with it. all with an annoying laugh track throughout.

naem
May 29, 2011

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Also I just realized that in this clip Raymond is the classic Sublime Male who can face his wife's miserable tirade with an "Eh" and a couple "What-o" and a "gosh" and just shrug, then say "what's for dinner," rising above it all, knowing she is his property

Even a doof like Ray is above the very strongest of woman who exists merely to please him *laugh track*

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

oh jesus i forgot how much of oval office on wheels she was. the grampa is just loving bitter and sad.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

naem posted:

Also I just realized that in this clip Raymond is the classic Sublime Male who can face his wife's miserable tirade with an "Eh" and a couple "What-o" and a "gosh" and just shrug, then say "what's for dinner," rising above it all, knowing she is his property

Even a doof like Ray is above the very strongest of woman who exists merely to please him *laugh track*

why didnt they just divorce

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

I just got a girl's number at a bar last night

Is this the GBS "I talked to a girl once" megathread or something

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Benny Harvey posted:

What about Lois from Malcolm in the Middle as the worst shrew caricature?

nah lois is the most legit mom on TV it's a shame about all the child molestation on that shows set used to love it

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

naem posted:

You alright man

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

lonesomedwarf posted:

i dont get it

edit:

Much clearer!

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Celluloid Sam posted:

nah lois is the most legit mom on TV it's a shame about all the child molestation on that shows set used to love it

Wait, what?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Duh, you're supposed to send around 600 emails. Protip: order your box of hamsters before valentine's day, the price always spikes as it gets closer

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

The Bible posted:

Wait, what?

one of the dudes did an anonymous AMA on Reddit about the rampant sexual abuse happening to all 3 of the boys that lived at home in the series idk about Francis I think I remember people figuring out it was Reese?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Seriously?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

If asking me Yeah man unless I dreamed a lot of posts about it in some thread or other, maybe the elijah woods thread?

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

https://www.reddit.com/r/confession/comments/4e8ogv/remorse_i_am_a_former_child_actor_coping_with_a/

here u go

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

thanks guy I think is a furry

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Celluloid Sam posted:

Well.. if thats what you want to think.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Carmant posted:

Well.. if thats what you want to think.

I know what I know and I think what I think you and grody definitely had yiff star avs

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Celluloid Sam posted:

i am willin to back you up on this point

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Celluloid Sam posted:

I know what I know and I think what I think you and grody definitely had yiff star avs

yiff star is extremely my poo poo.. i loving love yiff star

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

fbsw posted:

a year ago my boss (mid 30s) who had recently been through a divorce, told me (early 20s) that i would probably end up as one of those older dudes who fucks young 20 somethings. she also bet that i preferred short girls (she is pretty tall).

so there ya'll go being a bitter nerd is a gender indifferent part of the human experience

she was actually talking to me. i was standing right behind you

naem
May 29, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

why didnt they just divorce

That's the fantasy the show is based around, a doofy guy who is the center of attention hanging on to his unhappy strong willed attractive wife

Carmant posted:

You alright man

Tahnk you

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

naem posted:

Tahnk you

:sad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Carmant posted:

Is this the GBS "I talked to a girl once" megathread or something

that poster is bullshitting my man

• Locked thread