Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Welp, loving around with the free weekend may get me to just pull the trigger on this game come Monday.

If anyone's down for some shoot-mans, hit me up.

uPlay: Zipperelli.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Squeegy posted:

You'd think so, but the replay says differently. Look at the legs.

:golfclap:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Please never fix whatever bug causes legs to go digitigrade in killcams.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Hard, please don't fix your game.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I hope he does because i just bought the season pass today!

I mean, i'm playing on console so i'm kinda a pleb anyway but still :v:

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Just started playing this again, on PC this time. I played every day on PS4 for months but stopped just after they released the most recent expansion. Noticing a lot of little differences here and there. Are there any huge, monumental differences to mechanics or balance that I should know about?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Kapkan is good now

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

the reduced visibility on the lasers is powerful

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Roobanguy posted:

the reduced visibility on the lasers is powerful

Yeah, I noticed the beams weren't quite as visible. Is that the only buff he got? Can't believe that'll do much against a competent player.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

There's no more hook on the opposite side as well.

They buffed Pulse for god knows what reason so he's pretty overpowered now. They nerfed Frost's shotgun so that Valkyrie's auto shotty can take over the overpowered auto shotty torch. Blackbeard is pretty tough to counter if he has range and cover. Mute jammers have almost double the range. IQ's gadget got a much needed buff. Tachanka got a couple minor buffs, still mostly useless... I think that about covers it.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Nice to hear that IQ got a buff. I wonder if she'll now be as good a pick as Thatcher (probably not).

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Gunder posted:

Nice to hear that IQ got a buff. I wonder if she'll now be as good a pick as Thatcher (probably not).

shes good to counter pulse in some ways, which is necessary because hell show up every match now

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Gunder posted:

She actually does fairly well as a Thatcher substitute now. Her buff was making it so you actually see what objects are through the gadget, and a longer range I think. This means it can be pretty easy to shoot Bandit batteries and Mute jammers through walls/barricades/whatever. But yeah now that Pulse is overpowered her main objective is to hunt that fucker down.

Edit: Oh yeah the most important change is it's now possible to change weapon attachments in match.

Jehde fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jul 30, 2016

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

IQ also can see Valkyrie cameras

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The most important Kapkan buff is that he can place the traps at any height now, so place them at melee height so they trigger when the enemy pokes a hole in the barricade.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

How do you guys play Kapkan? I enjoy playing him but am not that great, especially at roaming. I tend to place the reinforcements down and rush out to place tripwires, usually one on a backtracking away from the others to try to catch someone out and just try to flank their team like a minute into the assault.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I place Kapkan traps way out where people might run by and hope I just catch people not expecting them there. If I try to surround the objective or put it on windows it never works.

But I mainly use him for his great gun.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I drop Frost traps in weird places, and much like Kapkan, you might not want to trap the entrance, but a nook or a cranny, or a side room, a place the enemy is looking for a cover in a hurry.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Flipswitch posted:

How do you guys play Kapkan? I enjoy playing him but am not that great, especially at roaming. I tend to place the reinforcements down and rush out to place tripwires, usually one on a backtracking away from the others to try to catch someone out and just try to flank their team like a minute into the assault.

You usually want to place them one or two layers of barricades out from the objective room, because the enemy is obviously expecting them on the objective room proper. If you can wait until the round actually starts and you know which direction the enemy are coming from, so much the better for placing them efficiently.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Do you guys just leave them showing in some of the more out of the way areas? Just thinking of barricading said door makes it too obvious there might be something there.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
I had no idea the Pulse buff made him into such a monster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlACCPFXITo

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Cardboard Box A posted:

I had no idea the Pulse buff made him into such a monster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlACCPFXITo

Fix your game, Hard.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

Flipswitch posted:

Traps behind deployable shields. As soon as they try to hop over, boom. If the shield is placed just right they can't see the trap or shoot it.

Vatek fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jul 30, 2016

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Vatek posted:

Traps behind deployable shields. As soon as they try to hop over, boom.

Most people expect either beartraps or kapkan traps behind doorway shields these days and just blow the whole thing up if they can. Beartraps can be easily shot if they aren't put lengthwise behind the shield as well.

edit:

quote:

If you own the starter edition, playing the free weekend on steam upgrades your account.

Probably unplanned?

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jul 30, 2016

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012
I just played a team where their Montange has apparently figured out how to fire his pistol while his shield is fully deployed. I went to custom game to try to replicate it but no luck. Did a little bit of research and I think it's similar to this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/464rmw/new_montagne_exploit_game_breaking_bug/

He can only get a shot off once in awhile and he was using the revolver.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I dunno about the rest of you but Battleeye broke Steam Overlay and Shadowplay for me

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Basticle posted:

I dunno about the rest of you but Battleeye broke Steam Overlay and Shadowplay for me

People noted it, the update also broke voip overlays if you use 'em.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Fuze was on the right side of that fireplace, behind the reinforced wall, neither had explosives left. We waited for 10 minutes in stalemate until Fuze accidentally walked out of the zone trying to get an angle to shoot in. Why is the outside of that fireplace counted as part of the securing area?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

My guess being that since if you aren't able to blow open the ceiling or walls, you only have the 2 ways into that objective point so they decided to be merciful and extend the objective out a bit lengthwise in that direction. You aren't able to contest it like that from the other side so it's probably intentional.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
https://www.twitch.tv/rainbow6

XB1 S02 ESL finals in a bit.

but more importantly, Season 03 Dev reveal in a few minutes.

e: S02 Gold Set for XB1. It might work for other platforms i don't know..

Hard fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jul 31, 2016

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Tachanka buff idea: Electric motor for rotation and firing when you're not on it, locked to a certain arc size. Would actually make Tachanka way more useful as both bait and as a suppression tool.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Hey Hard, this isn't exactly how it happened to me but the back alley spawn for Cafe still makes it easy to spawn kill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu3D8yfmunk

Alternatively you can jump out the window in the southeast stairwell right at round start and see the entire enemy team from the balcony area.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Hey Hard, here's an idea: Fix your game.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Another montagne bug: if you hold the shield extend button while crouched somewhere you couldn't normally stand up in (I've tested it on low holes in walls, the path from cockpit to the upper area on plane, and kafes fireplace) the shield will extend anyway and poke through the floor.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

This free weekend has totally reinvigorated my love of this game. I played it solidly until just before the Blackbeard/Val expansion, then fell off. I just wish there was a way to transfer my progress from the PS4 version I was playing, although you do unlock things very quickly.

Definitely better on PC.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Great Beer posted:

Another montagne bug: if you hold the shield extend button while crouched somewhere you couldn't normally stand up in (I've tested it on low holes in walls, the path from cockpit to the upper area on plane, and kafes fireplace) the shield will extend anyway and poke through the floor.

https://streamable.com/rg6t

Tried it, it's amazing as Blackbeard and if you can coordinate it (which'll be hard) it'll work well.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

My mission is to kill pulse, and I will not stop being IQ until pulse is dead

my work will never be over.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Valkyrie is fun to play. Very rewarding if you position the cameras properly.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
It's Switzerland's national day, where my charm at? :confuoot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Gunder posted:

Valkyrie is fun to play. Very rewarding if you position the cameras properly.

The best position is not high up in the corner of a room, but on the floor underneath a desk

• Locked thread