Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

O brain new world, that has such ganglia in't!

Scyantific posted:

Yep, eSporks, Mono, and myself all got warnings about a year ago as well for loving with an RP group. If anyone reports that kind of stuff, Zenimax moderation WILL go through guild chat logs to verify.

Hence why I'm asking in here rather than in guild chat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I imagine if you're not doing anything but making emotes or such they will not ban you about it, after all you have a right to be places too, they can't hog an inn for their RPs. Unless there's proof, of course, which is chat logs.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Yeah if they can point to a conspiracy they'll nab you, but I've looped emotes near RPers by myself and never gotten hit with anything.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
me and my friend ran blackheart cove duo the other day and what a poo poo boss mechanic, holy crap.

are the non-undaunted daily dungeon bonuses newish? i don't remember them before

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
RPers are a protected class and all you folks with non RP privilege need to respect that.

WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

The grape wont cut me loose.
I never thought id get sucked into paying to play this but that goddamned crafting bag is too loving awesome to pass up.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Can I get an invite to the main guild for @Loafers? I've got a DC main and an Aldmeri alt but apparently that is going to mean gently caress all soon and I might as well get in on the Goon train.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
You can't kill me, I quit!

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

blackheart cove duo

Other than the IC dungeons, Blackheart is the hardest normal to duo, if that's any consolation. Used to really dread that dungeon.

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Firm believer that muscles conquers all
Learning of this thread and reading the last few pages has convinced me to reinstall and roll with the Pact. I'll edit this post when I've created a Char and have the game fully updated.

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

Can anyone give me a good nightblade magicka build? All the ones I find via google are either super old or kinda dubious looking. I'm still very far from even hitting the level cap, for what that's worth.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
why is role selection literally based on the honor system? it doesn't *really* matter, but i keep getting healers who are open about being pure dps

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Zelmel posted:

Can anyone give me a good nightblade magicka build? All the ones I find via google are either super old or kinda dubious looking. I'm still very far from even hitting the level cap, for what that's worth.

100% this:

tgidieday posted:

light armor magicka nb:

bar 1 single (desto): impale+funnel health+relentless focus+degeneration+inner light (u) shooting star
bar 2 aoe/block (1h/s): refreshing path+sap essence+crippling grasp/siphoning attacks/lotus fan+reaper's mark+inner light (u) soul harvest

The sword and board bar is if you want max toughness, otherwise you could go dual swords for more damage.

It fuckin' rules.

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

Aramek posted:

100% this:

It fuckin' rules.

Awesome, just respecced and am leveling toward being able to actually get all those abilities. Thanks!

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

Aramek posted:

pluto build

Updated pluto build for y'all, she's pushing 25k single target now:

bar 1 single (desto): impale+funnel health+merciless resolve+structured entropy+inner light (u) shooting star
bar 2 aoe/block (1h/s): refreshing path+sap essence+crippling grasp/siphoning attacks/harness magicka/prox det+reaper's mark+inner light (u) soul harvest

If you are a big stamina baby and can't stop sap spamming in melee range, here's mine:

bar 1 single (desto): inner light+structured entropy+funnel+impale+reaper's mark (u) db of smiting
bar 2 aoe/block (1h/s): inner light+lotus fan+siphoning attacks+sap essence+refreshing path (u) soul harvest

Gap closer plus siphoning means you can leap from trash pack to trash pack holding block, spamming sap, and getting stamina back (a little). Your single target suffers (mine is 18k), which should be deeply shameful, but it's just too fun.

e: Pluto says, "If you're feeling squishy in a hard fight, slap on Harness Magicka." On the other hand, if you're not feeling squishy, you could try dual wield instead of 1h/s.

tgidieday fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jul 30, 2016

Neato
Mar 2, 2016

tgidieday posted:

Updated pluto build for y'all, she's pushing 25k single target now:

Thank you for this.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Oh groovy, just changing to merciless resolve and structured entropy morphs makes that much of a difference, eh?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Structured Entropy is only there for the health boost it seems, since it provides the same Major Sorcery buff as Degeneration. I use it on my Shield-plar to push 60k health.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
so since i realized there were actual uses for the dungeon finder i've been doing that a lot, and boy howdy do people get really defensive when you point out they've queued for the wrong roles, and also super entitled about it, like i'm supposed to somehow pull a healer who doesn't heal (a dk who sometimes drops blood fount) and two braindead dps through content

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

so since i realized there were actual uses for the dungeon finder i've been doing that a lot, and boy howdy do people get really defensive when you point out they've queued for the wrong roles, and also super entitled about it, like i'm supposed to somehow pull a healer who doesn't heal (a dk who sometimes drops blood fount) and two braindead dps through content

Pro-tip: Don't use the LFG tool

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

LFG is useful for quick rando normie runs and not much else is advisable.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the bonus xp makes leveling really fast which is what I am currently using it for

No.Mercy
Oct 4, 2011

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

braindead dps

Wrecking blow spam ftw

Orv
May 4, 2011
More like Fuckers Who Can't Keep Track of Their Books Guild.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Orv posted:

More like Fuckers Who Can't Keep Track of Their Books Guild.

:allears:

I'm so happy you're pursuing this build, Orv.

Hawgh
Feb 27, 2013

Size does matter, after all.
Got this a few weeks ago. Enjoying it.

After about ten different characters, I think I've finally settled on an Argonian (swim speed increase, simply must be wildly overpowered) Dragon Knight. I want to end up with a durable brawler kind of guy. Any tips on taking it in that direction?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Hawgh posted:

After about ten different characters, I think I've finally settled on an Argonian (swim speed increase, simply must be wildly overpowered) Dragon Knight. I want to end up with a durable brawler kind of guy. Any tips on taking it in that direction?

Level all of your class skill lines and armor skills while you're on your way to 50. You can make what you're looking for with any combination of any of them (to varying degrees of MAXDPS EFFICIENCY), and experimenting to find a build you like is half the fun.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

Hawgh posted:

There's some great tank and stamina dps options for dragonknights. I'll repost stamina dps here, which I updated for Dark Brotherhood:

At very low levels, stamina melee is the same for every class. Get a two hander, then level up the first two skills to the morph. Take critical rush and brawler: then you can zoom around hitting stuff with critical rush and finishing the job in safety (albeit somewhat slowly) behind brawler's damage shield. You should light attack weave brawler in longer fights (tap attack, wait about 1/4 second, then tap brawler) to save on resources.

This is what I do with my DK tank in dps mode, which is by no means optimal, but is nice and tough (see this post for details on how to use the skills in a similar build):

bar 1 single (2h): rally+evil hunter+wrecking blow+executioner+venomous claw (u) flawless dawnbreaker/standard of might
bar 2 aoe (2h): green dragon blood+critical rush+evil hunter+brawler+burning breath (u) aggressive war horn/take flight

Hawgh
Feb 27, 2013

Size does matter, after all.
Very promising. I do enjoy charging hither and yon.

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
rip malubeth, if the rumors are true, i enjoyed your op procs so much

e: berke, where you been?

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads

Scyantific posted:

Pro-tip: Don't use the LFG tool

I'll have you know my 2 Healer 2 DPS Volenfell went great yesterday. We actually did have a Tank at the beginning, but for some reason the LFG thing put 5 of us in the group. We were deciding what to do when the Healer(s) realized the tank was going to use a 2Hander, so they vote kicked him.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Any chance we could add links to builds in the OP? I'll be playing this for the first time tonight and I'm hoping to do a WoW Elemental Shaman, or EQ Ranger type.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

#Maluwrecked

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy
Patch taking forever. I had hoped it would be done when I got up, and done with my errands this morning, but noooooo.

Oh, patch notes for the lazy.

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

Was sorta' hoping for new market content, but they already have their hands full with the racemenu and dye stamps coming up. I'll save what few crowns I have left for later.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

"Guys we need to fix the gap closer exploit."

"Nah let's just nerf Dragon Leap instead."

"Good idea, beers for the combat team!"

E: There's a cheevo named after us, Wrecking Crew.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Aug 1, 2016

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

Scyantific posted:

#Maluwrecked

I was only able to login for a few minutes and only noticed that changed it to a beam that could be broken by distance. Didn't look like damages or percentages had changed? Or does the beam poo poo mean its limited to one target? Also, please wrecking crew help me farm a skoria hat, I really need it now.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy
Dye station dye is awesome. I like it. It's very 80's.

Orv
May 4, 2011
How do they get away with these patch servers, goddamn.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Orv posted:

How do they get away with these patch servers, goddamn.

Resub for a month so I can carry your rear end through Mazzatun for that Amberplasm set.

sluggo is mad posted:

I was only able to login for a few minutes and only noticed that changed it to a beam that could be broken by distance. Didn't look like damages or percentages had changed? Or does the beam poo poo mean its limited to one target? Also, please wrecking crew help me farm a skoria hat, I really need it now.

They actually fixed what was causing it to bug out, nerfed the range, and increased the cooldown. The healing received buff is still the same though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apocopriest
Apr 18, 2008
Trying this out on PC since I have a rig that can run it, any room for @Apocopriest in the EP guild?

• Locked thread