Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
It's what happens when the entire history of your nation is just lying around on the beach looking good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
You ever go in a Greek mom and pop restaurant? Take your ear plugs. Stop dancing and shave me some meat and if try to pad my bill with baklava again I'm leaving. $7 for the three inches of phyllo dough and honey you gotta be out of your goddamn minds.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
Did Stewart slouch on purpose to play Picard? It seems like Picard has horrible posture but Stewart doesn't

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

AugmentedVision posted:

Did Stewart slouch on purpose to play Picard? It seems like Picard has horrible posture but Stewart doesn't

It's because the early uniforms were basically spandex onesies. It's the same reason he'd adjust the stomach of his uniform every time he sat.

Eventually the cast campaigned for better ones.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Also because Stewart is renowned for his whopping junk, junk that could ruin the lines on any garment.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
I thought that was only the early uniforms? It happened throughout the series

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

That must have been one amazing invisible apple

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I hope no one transported a turd in here.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

criscodisco posted:

It's because the early uniforms were basically spandex onesies. It's the same reason he'd adjust the stomach of his uniform every time he sat.

Eventually the cast campaigned for better ones.

Part of it was that apparently the onesies were loving up Stewart's back really badly too.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I'd screw up his back iykwim.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

criscodisco posted:

You ever talked to a Greek woman for more than 5 minutes? No thanks.

They're the only people as dumb as the Italians. It's like dogs learned how to talk, both of them.

dude could you tone it down a little with the casual sexism and racism

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
No way my partner is Italian and half his family is Greek and I'd rather listen to my parents have sex than listen to those groups get louder and louder.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
crisco you're disrespecting genes vision

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Gene's vision was to have as much pussy flowing through his office as possible.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
yes but with no discrimination according race color creed or age

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I changed my mind about Bajorans after watching DS9 Season 2 ep "Sanctuary".

Bajorans are assholes.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I woke up early this morning and wanted to go back to sleep for a bit, so I put on voyager. Seven of Nine had to go back in time for something, idk I made it to slightly past the opening credits before I passed the gently caress out and I ended up sleeping way longer than I had wanted. Good job voyager.

It also made me grateful for television trending away from long intro sequences in recent years

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

anyone who says that they like bajorans is lying

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

BattleMaster posted:

Marc Alamo got me to start really siding with the Cardassians.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

cheerfullydrab posted:

I changed my mind about Bajorans after watching DS9 Season 2 ep "Sanctuary".

Bajorans are assholes.

I like that episode because it shows how perfectly content the Federation is to float there in space in its spotless galazy-spanning spacecraft and watch not one but two entire civilizations starve to death while people wearing its colored pajamas complain about their near-limitless food options and farm as an act of rebellion.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Well you don't get people to pledge allegiance to the Federation without offering some perks.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

BattleMaster posted:

I like bajoran tears

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
They made Stewart adjusting his uniform one of Picard's mannerisms even after they got the better ones.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

BattleMaster posted:

I don't know Dukat seemed pretty sincere.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

RVWinkle posted:

I don't know Dukat seemed pretty sincere.

Dukat could never finish a game of gently caress, Marry, Kill if he had to choose between 3 Bajorans.

He'd break like a man who'd seen five lights.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
trill taboos are dumb, dax and that other trill chick should've been able to lez out with reckless abandon

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
like none of you don't ever just think about swimming around in that pond of trill worms

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
You could, like, accidentally gently caress your 10th Host's great nephew or something and that would be major gross.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Speaking of Greek, I wouldn't mind doing some greek. Oh yeah.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Watching this episode where they think O Brien and Bashir are dead, and there's this bit with Kira, Dax, and Quark where Quark toasts to the two guys as being good customers and Kira and Dax are all like :rolleyes: "Ugh, Ferengi". gently caress you guys! Dude is being heartfelt in a way dictated by his culture and his biology and you're crapping all over his honestly-expressed feelings because you're space racists. Star Trek is garbage when it comes to attitudes towards aliens.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

cheerfullydrab posted:

Watching this episode where they think O Brien and Bashir are dead, and there's this bit with Kira, Dax, and Quark where Quark toasts to the two guys as being good customers and Kira and Dax are all like :rolleyes: "Ugh, Ferengi". gently caress you guys! Dude is being heartfelt in a way dictated by his culture and his biology and you're crapping all over his honestly-expressed feelings because you're space racists. Star Trek is garbage when it comes to attitudes towards aliens.

they're both aliens too tho

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

spacism is cool though

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Germstore posted:

they're both aliens too tho

Trills have humanoid privilege.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Buncha uppity Trills.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
id gun down any alien, terrestrial or otherwise

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Aliens can be space-racist too.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Why Tom gotta have his own card game in the basement when all the white people playing upstairs?

DadJokeGenerator
Feb 15, 2015

criscodisco posted:

Gene's vision was to have as much pussy flowing through his office as possible.

Truly a man before his time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

can we get a list of good and bad races?

good
french/british
klingon
american
vulcan
betazoid
the fat retarded guys who kidnapped geordie
q continuum

bad
bajoran
irish
borg