Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

DrunkenGarbageCan, you main a Sawbones Scoundrel right? How do you manage to heal through the droid boss in Korriban Incursion HM? I've had two groups fall apart on that boss and the common factor was an Operative/Scoundrel healer. The Operative seemed pretty terrible, but the Scoundrel seemed to know what they were doing for the most part. It just seems like there is waaaaay too much burst damage going out on everyone for probes to keep up. This time I even did it with my Shadow and cheezed the mines and cleared half of them every minute with Resilience.

Might just be the DPS were really bad at avoiding circles...seems like people want to run around on that phase rather than slowly moving from one spot to the other to minimize the spread of mines.

I main a Kinetic Shadow for PvE, Sawbones for PvP on the pub side. For DvL I did a Corruption Sorc. Heals needs mobility for that fight and Scouperatives are the least mobile healer when stressed.

The main problem with that boss is he does a timer-based soft-enrage where he targets everyone (the attack looks like the PT shoulder missiles) for unavoidable ~8k damage every second. Combine that with his laser attack and it's possible for an iffy geared non-Tank to get globaled. So yeah if your DPS is bad enough that your getting to the soft-enrage in the first place they're probably not good enough to survive through it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

I main a Kinetic Shadow for PvE, Sawbones for PvP on the pub side. For DvL I did a Corruption Sorc. Heals needs mobility for that fight and Scouperatives are the least mobile healer when stressed.

The main problem with that boss is he does a timer-based soft-enrage where he targets everyone (the attack looks like the PT shoulder missiles) for unavoidable ~8k damage every second. Combine that with his laser attack and it's possible for an iffy geared non-Tank to get globaled. So yeah if your DPS is bad enough that your getting to the soft-enrage in the first place they're probably not good enough to survive through it.

That explains it then. I know the tank was fine because I was him, wearing my Assassin's legacy tank gear, and we were definitely getting to the missile phase. I've pretty much avoided Hard Mode FPs since 4.0 since there really was no point. =/ Looks like we just need to get our DvL toons grouped up in TNG to knock out the tough ones.

Battle of Rishi is another one that is absurd, but I always remember that one being a terrible final boss since the adds are OP.

Major Operation
Jan 1, 2006

Chiss Jedi companion looks pretty rad, so I'm working on getting to Eternal level. That much looks soloable since my time commitment is going to be at a sub-Medullah level, to say the least.

Been playing since the beta, but did Maelstrom Prison for the first time today, so the end of it was enlightening, story-wise. DvL "Flashpoint Expert" achievement item under Champion Level is also giving me credit for Foundry now? I logged into a DvL empire character to confirm it shows credit for both there also.

Also, the achievement says "complete every flashpoint on tactical or solo", but I think it means "every flashpoint that has a tactical mode", so no Lost Island, Kaon Under Seige, or Colicoid War Games.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah for the story achievement you need to do Black Talon OR Esseles, Boarding Party OR Taral V and Foundry OR Maelstrom Prison. For the Hard Mode ones you have to do all of them.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
No, there's a separate achievement for doing all the flashpoints solo or tactical. That one doesn't have BT or Esseles. I'm not surprised if it's hosed up somehow since achievements have been notoriously buggy since they were introduced and seem to be absolute bottom priority for fixes.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nipponophile posted:

No, there's a separate achievement for doing all the flashpoints solo or tactical. That one doesn't have BT or Esseles. I'm not surprised if it's hosed up somehow since achievements have been notoriously buggy since they were introduced and seem to be absolute bottom priority for fixes.

Yet I'm sure Tuesday they'll patch the DvL Legendary level not requiring all Hard Mode flashpoints. :)

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

help i think im in love with galactic starfighter

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

It has an initial barrier to entry but after that it can be pretty fun once you put some GSF bucks into your ships to unlock more options and familiarize yourself with the mechanics.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
It would be great if there were more maps and ships, and the ships actually looked like ships either side uses.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Request: Being able to place some regen toys as decorations.

I'd like to put down the regen log or the meditation chamber in my SH.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

Berke Negri posted:

It has an initial barrier to entry but after that it can be pretty fun once you put some GSF bucks into your ships to unlock more options and familiarize yourself with the mechanics.

I've been playing exactly one starfighter match on each on my DvL toons and I can consistently earn 10-14 medals per match using the base strike fighter with no upgrades. And I can't emphasize this enough: I'm not very good at it.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Since upgrading to Windows 10, I suddenly get a loud beeping noise whenever I press Scroll Lock. I've found some posts about it, but no actual solutions. Sucks. :smith:

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.
Just posting for a guild invite.

On a side note, what's that I hear about +Exp % gear? One of the Light vs Dark rewards?

Major Operation
Jan 1, 2006

Jan posted:

Just posting for a guild invite.

On a side note, what's that I hear about +Exp % gear? One of the Light vs Dark rewards?

At tiers 2, 3, and 4, there's pieces of +Exp% gear as DvL rewards. Pictures show it works in a set bonus fashion: 3 pieces is 25%, 5 pieces is 40%, 7 pieces is 50%. It also has 128 armor rating and stats built in, even though it can be worn at level 1.

So if you do all of the outstanding items of the first 4 tiers on the checklist (all of the story, all the tactical flashpoints, some PvP, 5 KotFE alliance recruitments) on your first DvL character, you'll have the legacy bound 7 piece set you can use on any characters after that.

http://dulfy.net/2016/06/28/swtor-dark-vs-light-event-checklist/

Picture showing set bonus:

Baron von der Loon
Feb 12, 2009

Awesome!
Finally decided to use my Level-60 boost for a character on the goon server and joined the guild. Hoping I can participate in any of the activities soon.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Some nice stressful tanking by Trast this afternoon to knock out HM Assault on Tython and Lost Island. Two more flashpoints I can't imagine a non geared healer doing. They really need to up the rewards for Hard Modes. Insane damage, tough mechanics for a piece of crap crystal armor, bleh

wazu
Jan 26, 2004

Anybody on tonight that can give me an invite to the goon Republic guild, please?

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Medullah posted:

They really need to up the rewards for Hard Modes. Insane damage, tough mechanics for a piece of crap crystal armor, bleh

Yeah, that might happen in some game other than "Solo mode, cartel market forever!!!"

We have to admit to the fact that we are hanging on to this terrible game, which is getting worse by the moment, purely due to sunk cost fallacy.

The sooner we can own up to this, the sooner we can be free and make productive use of our time.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's not getting worse, because it has the shittiest boss design and group combat around so literally anything that moves away from that is an improvement, no matter how underwhelming it is.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Nipponophile posted:

Yeah, that might happen in some game other than "Solo mode, cartel market forever!!!"

We have to admit to the fact that we are hanging on to this terrible game, which is getting worse by the moment, purely due to sunk cost fallacy.

The sooner we can own up to this, the sooner we can be free and make productive use of our time.

It's amazing how wrong this game managed to go even with all the critical success of KOTOR behind it. Once August 9th rolls around and I finish Knights of the Endless Skytrooper Corridors I'm unsubbing for good. DvL is like taking a highlighter and going, "Look at all the stuff you've already done! Look at how little stuff there is left worth doing!"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nipponophile posted:

I got into it with some guy in Reddit (first mistake) about the state of them game. I mentioned that KOTET is going to be exactly like KOTFE, guaranteed, because KOTFE has been a huge success. He starts going off on me that we have no proof KOTFE is any more successful than Shadow of Revan was, blah blah. I told him "Okay, well then we'll see - if you're right, then it'll be released as a $20 expansion with all the content up front, and if I'm right it'll be a free expansion with monthly content." And he argued that that didn't even prove anything.

Ah good times.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.
But KOTFE is awesome and if KOTET is more of the same then that's good? :confused:

(especially if I can still just wait for the end and sub for a month to get all the new stuff~)

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Dalris Othaine posted:

But KOTFE is awesome and if KOTET is more of the same then that's good? :confused:

(especially if I can still just wait for the end and sub for a month to get all the new stuff~)

Different people like different things. :shrug:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Oh hey they added a few customizations for the cartel droid/beasts. I knew there were a few but looks like they added a couple more. The Annihilator one is pretty tits.

Dark Juno
Mar 10, 2013

by zen death robot
Hey all!

Just wanted to say that I've officially quit playing this game because I can't stand the new Tracer Missile animation.

Bye!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

Oh hey they added a few customizations for the cartel droid/beasts. I knew there were a few but looks like they added a couple more. The Annihilator one is pretty tits.

Oh good, I was wondering when they'd get around to adding some more. Nothing for the warbot yet, though?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Aleth posted:

Oh good, I was wondering when they'd get around to adding some more. Nothing for the warbot yet, though?

Nope. Hoping for a two legged Gonk Droid customization sometime!

In other news, Conquest is broken so don't do Belsavis Heroics until i can commit the invasion.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Oh, good. The thing that everyone was clamoring for.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Never let Darth Cheney plan your invasions.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
That...is pretty awesome. Can't wait.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Hopefully you'll never have to hear about tracer animations ever, ever, again!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

That's actually pretty cool. More legacy storage of sorts. Hopefully the "stash" will allow DvL items.

Of course I won't use it for the first few weeks as I'm sure there will be a bug that eats your items. ;)

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Medullah posted:

That's actually pretty cool. More legacy storage of sorts. Hopefully the "stash" will allow DvL items.

You're in luck, it will, though packs already opened won't be affected by this.

Too bad I'm already at Valiant Level :cry:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Don't suppose somebody could move the republic flagship?

Also, what are glowing crystals used for?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

StashAugustine posted:

Don't suppose somebody could move the republic flagship?

Also, what are glowing crystals used for?

Where do you want it moved to? It should be at Ziost still since that's about the most useful place for it in case anyone wants to do dailies there and there's no quick travel unlike everywhere else.

Glowing Crystals you use to buy Exotic Isotope Equalizers (or whatever they're called) on Odessan.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Oh I was assuming it would get moved for conquest

e:are there better augments than 208 purple?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

StashAugustine posted:

Oh I was assuming it would get moved for conquest

e:are there better augments than 208 purple?

No, Conquest is separate from moving the ship. And sadly Conquest is broken this week anyway. =/

208 is the best augment.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Glad to see the continued laser-like focus on the most important part of the game.

VideoGames posted:

Hopefully you'll never have to hear about tracer animations ever, ever, again!

Big fan of your work.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Good thing I've been dragging rear end! When does this go live?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nipponophile posted:

Glad to see the continued laser-like focus on the most important part of the game.

You know, if this -

quote:

- Items in your stash can be sorted by name, quality, rarity, quantity, or new.
- Items in your stash can be filtered by type, such as armor, mount, etc.

Is also applied to regular sorting, specifically by name, then I'm good with the change. Because the biggest problem with being a hoarder is the horrific sorting this game has.

• Locked thread