Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

King of Bees posted:

Ok. When I plate I'll take some pics.

Or bowl. Hahahahha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Huh? Are we going bowling?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i like soup. i usually make a big pot of potato and leek soup every weekend and then eat it cold at night as a snack

I make it in a pressure cooker:

Ingredients 4 small leeks or 3 medium leeks or 2 giant rear end leeks, sliced thin (white part only)
like 3-4 Yukon gold potatos chopped (peeled if you want)
32 ounces chicken stock
like 2-3 slices of bacon cut into chunks
8 ounces of heavy cream
1 yellow onion

cook the bacon for a few minutes, then add the leeks and onion and stir for like 4-5 min. Then add the potatos and stock, and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. After thats done, puree it in a blender, then put it back in the pot. Add some chopped parsley and chopped dill, then the cream, and some salt and pepper and stir. Eat hot or cold.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

is spaghettios a soup

i have some of that, can i join you guys

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Tom Gorman posted:

is spaghettios a soup

yeah but you gotta share :yum:

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

a hole-y ghost posted:

yeah but you gotta share :yum:

gently caress man. I just ate and forgot to take pictures. I could takes some pics of the leftover bread I guess. But I got kind of a food coma going on right now.

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

Does coffee count as soup

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Tom Gorman posted:

is spaghettios a soup

I think that's more Enfield's area of expertise

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

jeff smisek posted:

Does coffee count as soup

no now please exit the thread quietly

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

I'm going to make chicken stock from scratch from things I've been saving in my freezer. I have bones and stuff and vegetable bits. Then I will make a soup. But it can't have any carbs because I'm in a ketogenic thing atm. :psyboom:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

psychokitty posted:

I'm going to make chicken stock from scratch from things I've been saving in my freezer. I have bones and stuff and vegetable bits. Then I will make a soup. But it can't have any carbs because I'm in a ketogenic thing atm. :psyboom:
are you epileptic?

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
I had some Borsht today.

But I like it warm, with meat, and with sour cream. No clue where vegetarians/The Simpsons got that no-meat-served-cold thing.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

psychokitty posted:

The cool thing is to call it bone broth.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

a hole-y ghost posted:

are you epileptic?

Your mom

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

King of Bees posted:

The cool thing is to call it bone broth.

Oh gently caress yeah I'll make a bone broth chicken slurry

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

psychokitty posted:

Oh gently caress yeah I'll make a bone broth chicken slurry

Sell it for $10 a thimble

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

I had some Borsht today.

But I like it warm, with meat, and with sour cream. No clue where vegetarians/The Simpsons got that no-meat-served-cold thing.

cuz traditional borsht doesnt have meat in it, and is often served cold :confused:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You know what's great about roasting a chicken in a Dutch oven? You can literally just pour water over the thing when you're done picking at it and toss some veggies and noodles in and in a few hours and some stirring you got chicken soup and a deglazed pot. :yum:

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

You know what's great about roasting a chicken in a Dutch oven? You can literally just pour water over the thing when you're done picking at it and toss some veggies and noodles in and in a few hours and some stirring you got chicken soup and a deglazed pot. :yum:

That is great!

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

King of Bees posted:

That is great!

Oh be sure to take the bones out right before the chicken falls apart though.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

:same:

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

King of Bees posted:

gently caress man. I just ate and forgot to take pictures. I could takes some pics of the leftover bread I guess. But I got kind of a food coma going on right now.

This is like the third time you've disappointed me.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

TontoCorazon posted:

This is like the third time you've disappointed me.

Man I'm sorry. What were the first and second time?

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

King of Bees posted:

Man I'm sorry. What were the first and second time?

I'm an unreliable postee

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
Nothing wrong with a good soup. Each of my parents make good soup and they have thought me.
My dad makes an amazing beef barley soup with the leftovers from the Prime Rib we make every new years. Boil them bones.

My mom makes a bombass Crab Bisque with plenty of cream and sherry around Christmas time

I make a fine chicken noodle if I do say so my self.

Soup is cool and good.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
I like clam chowder. Hold the jizz.

Also tomato soup with a nice well cooked grilled cheese is one of my favorite cold weather foods.

Ayeka
May 28, 2016

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

crabcakes66 posted:

I like clam chowder. Hold the jizz.

Also tomato soup with a nice well cooked grilled cheese is one of my favorite cold weather foods.

Fresh tomato soup is so easy to make. Get some French bread and a grilled cheese. drat

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Eatta da soupa wit you moutha, ahahaha

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

JakeP posted:

i like soup. i usually make a big pot of potato and leek soup every weekend and then eat it cold at night as a snack

I make it in a pressure cooker:

Ingredients 4 small leeks or 3 medium leeks or 2 giant rear end leeks, sliced thin (white part only)
like 3-4 Yukon gold potatos chopped (peeled if you want)
32 ounces chicken stock
like 2-3 slices of bacon cut into chunks
8 ounces of heavy cream
1 yellow onion

cook the bacon for a few minutes, then add the leeks and onion and stir for like 4-5 min. Then add the potatos and stock, and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. After thats done, puree it in a blender, then put it back in the pot. Add some chopped parsley and chopped dill, then the cream, and some salt and pepper and stir. Eat hot or cold.

I'm gonna take a giant leek in your soup

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH
If you can find well smoked bacon ribs, make split pea soup. Just simmer the ribs for a million years and pull the bones out. Then add onions, salt, split peas, and water. Cook until dead and then mush up about 50% of it with a potato masher. It doesn't need much else.

It keeps well in the fridge for up to 100 years. It's a good thing to make in the winter in large volumes as you can put the unused portion on the porch to save refrigerator space.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
I like French onion and vegetable beef, but don't care for Manhattan clam.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Beef City posted:

Eatta da soupa wit you moutha, ahahaha

Oh, ohhhhhh I mean I knew that duh of course.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I made french onion soup from scratch the other weekend and it was really good

Trojan.exe
Feb 22, 2011

I never said I was a role model
Maryland crab soup is probably my favourite. French onion is up there, especially from this one place that makes their own and it is amazingly good.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
I used to hate soup but now soup is p. okay

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Moroccan harira, there's a million different recipes but they're pretty much all awesome. My favorite recipe uses chicken and lots of harrisa.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Today I made:

* Mulligatawny

Fuckbois

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED
soup? im really more of a stew guy