Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
It was nice of them to change his jacket to a shade of black that doesn't absorb 100% of all light directed at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
He got a bit more...masculine looking.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Shoren posted:

It was nice of them to change his jacket to a shade of black that doesn't absorb 100% of all light directed at it.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Yep that sure is two near identical pictures of a character at an awkward angle.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Steve2911 posted:

Yep that sure is two near identical pictures of a character at an awkward angle.

Really? The hair and jacket is completely different.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Steve2911 posted:

I think you should possibly get your eyes checked by a professional

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Honestly the jacket is the only striking difference between the two. Looks like the graphics have been refined a bit; his hair isn't quite so flat and his face, mouth aside, looks a little more defined than before.

Still, everything about the game has looked gorgeous so far and I really hope they don't fall into the pitfall XIII had where they sacrificed nearly everything for that (and that really really doesn't seem to be the case with XV).

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
The jacket looks the same except for brightness. Now whether that's because they lightened it or because of different shadow effects, hard to say.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Terper posted:

Duscae Noctis

Recent image Noctis

Not gonna lie, I was scrolling kinda quickly by this and thought it was a cosplayer for a second.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Yeah the hair looks nicer. It won't look like that on PS4 though.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Steve2911 posted:

Yeah the hair looks nicer. It won't look like that on PS4 though.

Possible, but it's still fun to talk about tech which is why this tech presentation that starts in less than three hours will be interesting to watch!!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

This was the only new sorta interesting gameplay footage but there was a lot of interesting tech talk as well, particularly the lighting and reflections near the end

And also there's apparently a playstation conference in China where they showed some new footage

https://twitter.com/RedMakuzawa/status/758192927336116225

Adamantoise and a flying enemy

Terper fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Jul 27, 2016

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

That Malboro is some scary poo poo.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

I'm looking forward to failing horribly at aerial battles dozen of times until I can completely master it, then spend the rest of the game refusing to touch the ground. :black101:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

:prepop:

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Demon Wall confirmed.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I really hope FF XV works out because it seems like SE has a heck of a lot of eggs in its basket

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

On the other hand, it would be interesting to flip things around for once and have a video game movie be better than the game it's based on.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I, for one, want both to be good.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Terper posted:

A controversial opinion. It's looking like a real possibility though. Though, if I were a betting man, given the degree of jank in the last few demos, I'd throw my money down on the 'game mediocre/film good' space.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Was that giant Ultros in that E3 trailer?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Lower left.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Was actually the Kingsglaive trailer I meant:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Terper posted:

you're insane

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Terper posted:

Lower left.

I'm warning you, I'm armed... Eight-armed, that is! Uwee hee hee!

Manxome Foe fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jul 28, 2016

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
I'm getting a vibe that its going to be great in my gut from what I've seen but my head is telling me there isn't going to be too much content, the story is gonna be lame and it will be :mediocre: but I really hope I'm wrong? As I've said before the limited availability and my childhood of FF fandom overwrote logic and I ordered the ultimate CE. If I was to follow my head I would cancel it and see how it goes. Seeing things like the environmental awareness and possible Ultros get me too keen for this.

PS: Nice username and av bear is driving not thought about that show in years.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Electromax posted:

Great. Now the game has become the FF6 sequel I didn't know I wanted, but must have.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Electromax posted:

Yeah I know just saying he was there all along, we just didn't see him. I took it as a rhetorical question.

Anyway there was a stream just a short while ago from China where the Titan demo was played again and the woman playing did a pretty good job fighting him

https://www.twitch.tv/playstationhk/v/80572390?t=2h14m45s

Terper fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Jul 29, 2016

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Yeah that woman played on a completely different level from Mat, made the combat system actually look fun and not cumbersome. Mat just sucks.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

CottonWolf posted:

A controversial opinion. It's looking like a real possibility though. Though, if I were a betting man, given the degree of jank in the last few demos, I'd throw my money down on the 'game mediocre/film good' space.

The film has a <0% chance of being good.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Yes, if you read <0%, as 100%

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Steve2911 posted:

We're not talking about your posts

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INFAzl6Y4tM

Didn't see this posted

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

firaga looks fun

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Steve2911 posted:

which causes the value to work out as a negative number, and the program isn't programmed to output negative numbers so it causes an underflow error that makes it wrap around to a 255% chance of being good.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

What is MP used for in this game? Have they said anything about it? I skipped around the video a bit so I might have missed something, but it looks like spells are handled like they were in the Platinum demo: as consumable items, not something that consumes MP.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Shoren posted:

What is MP used for in this game? Have they said anything about it? I skipped around the video a bit so I might have missed something, but it looks like spells are handled like they were in the Platinum demo: as consumable items, not something that consumes MP.

At least according to Duscae, MP is used for warping/dodging, and for using special abilities tied to your weapons (if that's still a thing).

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
As far as we know, Shurikens requires MP to even use, so basically it's to encourage mixing magic and skills because having both tied to MP will basically make every fight a warp-to-ceiling battle which would be boring.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Sakurazuka posted:

I really hope FF XV works out because it seems like SE has a heck of a lot of eggs in its basket

yeah me too. as i said like 20 times earlier. its the first one i have ever been interested in. Duscae was fun. Idk why but the world feels more "real" like the monsters look like things that could live in the world and are part of it. thats always been a problem i had with alot of Jrpgs. i am petty i guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

MP is only used up by dodging attacks with the Guard button, using the Royal Arms weapon type, and Warping. MP could be considered a defensive resource, but it also has aggressive applications. Consider the Titan demo battle. You COULD just sit on the ground and wait for the QTE, but you can also just ignore that and warp up to his arm and engage him in aerial combat, avoiding his ground-smashing attacks and defeating him quicker. But you have to be careful when doing this because if you go too wild, you'll run out of MP and maybe fall to your death.

• Locked thread