Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Blackheart posted:

Oh...

my...

Goodness!

:aaa: it's beautiful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Sentinel Red posted:

Cripes!

Well here's a little something else to go WOW to: Shogo Hasui has apparently just confirmed there's an MP Bruticus/Combaticons in the pipeline.

How much is that even going to cost.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Don't care.

Can I get an official source on this. That is my transformers wet dream right there.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
All these toy previews look really whoooa. Like wow..lil doors and moving room stuff and those Sixshot pics looked really neat too haha. If they make MP combaticons, I know something I might hafta pick up haha.

Also I was gonna say that TR Galvatron was available online at TRU but by the time I went to post here, he was already sold out. Mine's on back order now too :nyoron:

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Asphyxious posted:

WHAT

WHAAAAAAT

Haha that was my reaction. So MP Combiners are a thing now...gently caress. Guess I'll be saying yes to every opportunity for overtime that comes up. Really hoping they scale the individual bot modes as best they can and let the combined form fall where it will height wise.

Rumor mill says a Megatron 2.0 will be announced very soon, which would be perfect timing with the recent reveal of 2 more 3P Megs. Every one of them has been so close but not quite there, so I'm really hoping Takara can come through.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Squalitude posted:

This seems like such a minor question after the more recent pics, but what's with Powerglide's guns?

I dhnno, he came with them and they fit and are the same color and look nice so hey, powerglide has guns now. :v:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I really recommend you guys grab a RiD Megatronus, after playing with my 4 rid figs for a while he's actually the best of the lot. Just a really solid fun lil' dude.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I don't know but I need to have it.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

somehow this clearly Cheetoh stained gob is perfect for Brainstorm's headmaster

DANGEROUSLY CHEESY

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I couldn't find anything about MP Combaticons (I only remember Hasui saying some time ago that doing one would be his design dream) but I did find this:

https://twitter.com/TFYLP/status/759251599160176640

4 and 5 in particular are interesting.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

HEADMASTER DINOBOTS IS THE BEST THING IVE EVER loving HEARD

please be true, please be true, please be true

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

But they're in the Titan masters range? Wave 2 had Grimlock's head aka Clobber. And a future wave just revealed has Swoop's head aka Ptero.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Lio kaiser is platinum edition, except this information is useless when not prepped with apparently being an Entertainment Earth exclusive.

Also it's kinda funny realizing right now I don't care what they put in TR's deluxe range, since it's all good (but Dinobots do make sense, since this is a very 86 movie centric line)

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Speaking of platinum, I was intrigued to see two platinum sets yesterday when I was toy hunting: That Rodimus planet of junk set and the RiD voyager Grimlock + Bumblebee set. Sadly they were hilariously expensive, where not even the discount made them anywhere near a reasonable price. Pity, because the RiD pack almost interested me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Spiderdrake posted:

Lio kaiser is platinum edition, except this information is useless when not prepped with apparently being an Entertainment Earth exclusive.

Also it's kinda funny realizing right now I don't care what they put in TR's deluxe range, since it's all good (but Dinobots do make sense, since this is a very 86 movie centric line)

You think the line full of Headmasters isn't a love letter to the Headmaster cartoon?

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

The_Doctor posted:

Fuuuuu..

He's got rooms!

I wonder if he's bigger on the inside

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Rhyno posted:

You think the line full of Headmasters isn't a love letter to the Headmaster cartoon?
Yeah you're right I'm sure Hasbro is launching a line not based on the still popular 86 movie and instead the Headmasters cartoon which coincidentally all of 86 people on the planet still remember.

Show me fat galvatron and then we'll talk

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I picked up Titans Return, and it's not half bad. It's the new introduction of headmasters to the IDW canon, in the form of a reconstituted Sentinel Prime. Apparently back when Megatron made a chair out of his weaponry and armor, someone nicked the head. Makes me think more about buying the toy.

Also I reread a bunch of the comics, and man, Whirl is one hell of a character. I'm not even sure if he's changed that much over the course of his arc, or just he has real people to talk to instead of corpses. Also, he's really thoroughly anti-functionist now, and between that, Rung's growing importance, and the fact that the entire functionist council had that introduction in that alternate timeline, makes me think that they're going to have an interesting part in some coming plotline.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

SlothfulCobra posted:

I picked up Titans Return, and it's not half bad. It's the new introduction of headmasters to the IDW canon, in the form of a reconstituted Sentinel Prime. Apparently back when Megatron made a chair out of his weaponry and armor, someone nicked the head. Makes me think more about buying the toy.

Also I reread a bunch of the comics, and man, Whirl is one hell of a character. I'm not even sure if he's changed that much over the course of his arc, or just he has real people to talk to instead of corpses. Also, he's really thoroughly anti-functionist now, and between that, Rung's growing importance, and the fact that the entire functionist council had that introduction in that alternate timeline, makes me think that they're going to have an interesting part in some coming plotline.

It's pretty convenient too that in the end of the last All Hail Optimus they destroy Galvatron's body but keep his head... Even though he hated headmasters and made them extinct in the first place.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Local Target had Titans Return!

...legends

So just Rewind and Stripes, neither of which I particularly care about

Oh well

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Spiderdrake posted:

Yeah you're right I'm sure Hasbro is launching a line not based on the still popular 86 movie and instead the Headmasters cartoon which coincidentally all of 86 people on the planet still remember.

Show me fat galvatron and then we'll talk

I stand by what I said. Most of the major figures have a bigger focus in HM than the film.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Sockser posted:

Local Target had Titans Return!

...legends

So just Rewind and Stripes, neither of which I particularly care about

Oh well

Rewind is an awesome little figure!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Rewind is cool.

Stripes is dogshit and will live inside Blaster forever

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

Rewind is cool.

Ravage is going to be terrible.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I found Fort Max. The tiniest head had the bottom legs on backwards, so he couldn't fold up into a head all the way, which got in the way of trying to put Fort Max's head on. Luckily I have a pin punch and the pin holding the legs together is in an easily accessible place in soft plastic, so I was able to fix it in about 5 minutes, but hopefully it's not a wide-spread problem.

Anyway Fort Max's alt modes are even lazier than Metroplex's, but oh well. He's really big, and the heads are cool.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Ugh, so many toys announced, so little money to spend on them. I rarely buy leader class toys unless they're cheaper on eBay, but I might make an exception for Sixshot. I always wanted one since 1992.

I don't know why MP Jackie did not come with tools, but buying MP Ratchet rectified that. Now he will be the deadliest Autobot again.

Edit:
https://twitter.com/michaelbay/status/758332201335390208?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jul 31, 2016

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

The_Doctor posted:

Rewind is an awesome little figure!

He is.

The MSJ posted:

I don't know why MP Jackie did not come with tools, but buying MP Ratchet rectified that. Now he will be the deadliest Autobot again.

Edit:

I did this as well.

Combaticons are a solid choice for movie characters. I hope it's not terrible. (It might be terrible.)

Blackheart posted:

It's pretty convenient too that in the end of the last All Hail Optimus they destroy Galvatron's body but keep his head... Even though he hated headmasters and made them extinct in the first place.

Wait, what?

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

He's the first thing all right.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

HELL yes, I was really hoping he'd do the Combaticons and/or the Stunticons. Military vehicles and high-end sports cars are very much in Bay's wheelhouse.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Movie's dropped the ball with Devastator already, but news of MP combiners negates that. I also can't wait to see more pics of that Trypticon.

Also, they need to remake these guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQn7XgrcT9o

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I hope they bring back the Micromaster named Erector.

And if movie Onslaught gets a solo toy as good as Universe Onslaught, I'd be happy.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
That tweets bums me out in ways I cannot really express.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The MSJ posted:

Ugh, so many toys announced, so little money to spend on them. I rarely buy leader class toys unless they're cheaper on eBay, but I might make an exception for Sixshot. I always wanted one since 1992.

Edit:

This just reminded me I ordered MP Wheeljack like a month ago and he still isn't here, I completely forgot about him and he's probably lost somewhere in a post office :(

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I just got MTMTE trades volume 7-9 in the mail, and I'm re-reading the series from the top as a refresher (and because it's good).

Chromedome and Ratchet giving Rewind poo poo for his alt mode, Rewind says "yeah I know I don't transform into a tank or something cool".
Fast-forward to the Rewind toy I just bought 24 hours ago.

Well played, Hasbro. Well played. :golfclap:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I gave my Drift some extra paint:

Some red details , the edges of the hip armor and the eyebrows and robo beard (I also painted Megatronus' sculpted goatee and with my pulse it's a miracle I managed to do it) I think it pops up better now!

This is the toy look out of package:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Brawl was already in the first movie as a single bot, I'd guess Onslaught is just another cool sounding name appropriated for an otherwise new character.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Didn't they even call him Devastator in the first movie?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blackheart posted:

Didn't they even call him Devastator in the first movie?

Yup. I believe they changed the subtitle in the DVD release though.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I just now noticed the circular pegs on the TR deluxes that allow you to have TMs working on Hardhead's main gun or Hyperfire doing a victory pose on the car mode, for example.

gently caress this line is so good at being toys.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
The little TM guys and the ways they can interact with the larger figures are exactly what I wanted from Armada all those years ago, it's incredible how good that stuff is

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Blackheart posted:

Oh...

my...

Goodness!

I am John Belushi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POQ3qUy92ik

The MSJ posted:

Friggin' exactly. Weej gets the double ended wrenches, Ratchet gets the weirdo cybertronian wrenchlike doohickey

Phy fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jul 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

WickedHate posted:

Brawl was already in the first movie as a single bot, I'd guess Onslaught is just another cool sounding name appropriated for an otherwise new character.

Could always just replace Brawl with another Deception tank, just like they'll probably end up changing what Alt-Modes the rest of the Combaticons besides Onslaught turn into since unlike most versions the Bay movies have to worry about scale to at least some extent