Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Mission 14 is my favorite to use to test out weird new weapons and vehicles, and practice with helicopters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
I think I'll dispense farming Air Riders, they got way too much stuff, or I might just cheat and run mission 29 Brute Force

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
Goddamn, just came back from vacation and the steam release discount is gone. :negative:

If anyone got a spare copy I'd be up for paypalling the discounted price.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Love mission 14 but I hate mission 15.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
I like this game way too much. I've spent over 70 hours playing it mosty solo (nearly cleared Hardest as Ranger), sometimes in co-op with my buddy and I'm nowhere near tired of the game. The increased challenge as I progress through the higher difficulty levels is just tingling my fancy even more.

I'm glad this appeared on Steam.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Gabby_Jay posted:

Today's wonderful npc conversation:

"So why did you join the EDF?"
"Give me a minute, let me think!"
A second later "aaaaaaargh!" and we'll never get to know.

ModeWondershot
Dec 30, 2014

Portu-geezer
"WHY DID YOU GET MARRIED?"

"IT'S AN IDEA."

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
These missions full of (almost) nothing but dragons are absolute dog poo poo and are the only bad part of the game I've found so far. Monster Party in particular can go EDF off.

ModeWondershot posted:

"WHY DID YOU GET MARRIED?"

"FOR MY WIFE."

Zathril
Nov 12, 2011

Sykic posted:

These missions full of (almost) nothing but dragons are absolute dog poo poo and are the only bad part of the game I've found so far. Monster Party in particular can go EDF off.

Me and a friend just got to City Of Horror, where near the start as an air raider it just disables all my weapons as well, that was not fun.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

ZE-GUNs will gently caress dragons up. Most of the Air Raider's good anti-air is on vehicles, but if you're playing with friends then you could plonk down some Power Posts for them.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Alternatively attach turrets to your tanks and let them handle the skies.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
As a ranger how do I not immediately die upon aggroing the bees in the destroy the hive mission on hardest or inferno

Like there are so many bees. No matter what attack strategy I take, climbing that nearby mountain to get a better angle, using a high end tortoise missile to gib half of them as my opening salvo, using the rangers as bait while I sit back and shoot all the bees, none of it works. I've tried a variety of weapons but even the lock on missile launcher that fires 30 missiles can't deal with them fast enough.

My standard loadout is the mmf100 sniper rifle and that 30 lock on missile launcher, I've tried various assault rifles, shotguns, etc but none of'em help me live long enough under the sheer volume of needles they're shooting out

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Can't wait for the dynamic soldering gameplay.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Can someone run me through using Cheat Engine to bump up my health?
I have the skills for Hardest and Inferno but the HP grind is making me hate the game a bit.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Captain Invictus posted:

As a ranger how do I not immediately die upon aggroing the bees in the destroy the hive mission on hardest or inferno

Like there are so many bees. No matter what attack strategy I take, climbing that nearby mountain to get a better angle, using a high end tortoise missile to gib half of them as my opening salvo, using the rangers as bait while I sit back and shoot all the bees, none of it works. I've tried a variety of weapons but even the lock on missile launcher that fires 30 missiles can't deal with them fast enough.

My standard loadout is the mmf100 sniper rifle and that 30 lock on missile launcher, I've tried various assault rifles, shotguns, etc but none of'em help me live long enough under the sheer volume of needles they're shooting out

I came close on Hardest just now with 1986 HP and a Stingray M4 to hammer the hive with inbetween clearing waves with an AF20. With a better assault rifle it would've happened.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
how do I get above 200 HP

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Captain Invictus posted:

Pick up the armor boxes dropped by enemies during a mission. At the end of the mission you'll get upgraded health based on the number of boxes you picked up.

e: wait, did i just miss a joke

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

Cheat Engine because armor farming sucks balls.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

YellerBill posted:

Pick up the armor boxes dropped by enemies during a mission. At the end of the mission you'll get upgraded health based on the number of boxes you picked up.

e: wait, did i just miss a joke

I've always picked up armor boxes but my ranger still has 200 hp

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Captain Invictus posted:

Check that you don't have your armor difficulty slider set to 200.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

fritz posted:

Check that you don't have your armor difficulty slider set to 200.

wait what the gently caress why is that even a thing

went from 200 to 900, jesus

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jul 31, 2016

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Inzombiac posted:

I have the skills for Hardest and Inferno but the HP grind is making me hate the game a bit.

Captain Invictus posted:

There's a Cheat Engine script that lets you tweak the number of boxes that dropped during a mission so you can tell it that sure, you got 2000 armor boxes and 500 weapon boxes in a given mission. Just take the script from the EDF4.1 thread in their forums, copy it to a file that you give a .ct extension to, then open it inside Cheat Engine while CE is pointed at the EDF process. Then check boxes and change values as wanted.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'm not interested in using cheatengine, having that armor slider is good enough

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Inzombiac posted:

Download or cut and paste the cheatengine script into a .ct file.
Run CheatEngine 64bit
Start EDF
Click the computer with the magnifying glass(it's got a huge border, you can't miss it) and select the EDF41.exe
Click File->Load and browse to your .ct file
Before starting mission, check the checkbox next to Loot Pickup Modifier
Start mission (you should notice that the expanded values have all changed to zero)
Do mission and pickup everything you want
Before ending mission, set Armor value to what you want
Add up Armor and Weapon values and set Total to that number

There may be a script that sets it directly now too, I'm just familiar with this one but it would work the same. Just keep in mind the value is multiplied by the class multiplier for how much armor you get per drop.

You can load multiple .ct files and they should all work together, just say Yes when it asks if you want to merge. Take it slow with CheatEngine, it's like eating too much dessert if you overdo it. Don't want to ruin your EDF experience.

HolyKrap
Feb 10, 2008

adfgaofdg
This table's a little easier
http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?p=5683295&sid=dddcd00a1ae858e0f8a222fa8b4767de

You can set your armor values in the lobby rather than playing through a mission.

Also, here's what happens when you get out of the depth crawler while on a cave ceiling
http://giant.gfycat.com/ActiveQuarrelsomeBlackcrappie.webm

TacticalNecromancy
May 25, 2015

In order to reassure O'Hara, we've been doing some testing in the labs to demonstrate that progress faster than SCIENCE is, in fact, impossible.

Test 1:

Result: Wing Diver remains treed, still firing. Higher output weapons required.

Failure

Test 2:

Result: No further data acquired. Orbital photos suggest entire beach is now a crater of molten glass.

Success!

Test 3:

Result: Orbital laser catalysed ant fountain. Unexpected, but effective.

:science:

Test 4:

Field testing video supplied.

Result: Unable to remove Air Raider from Walking Fortress. Numerous casualties incurred attempting to do so. Possible psych evaluation for pilots in the future.

:unsmigghh:

Test 5:

Result: Walking Fortress covered in ants.

:derp:

---

The Air Raider seems to get much much better with a variety of vehicles. Never really used him in 2025, but Depth Crawlers, Balam and the Railguns are pretty fun to drive. Also bonus points to the Naegling for occupying its own magical world of physics.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

HolyKrap posted:

This table's a little easier
http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?p=5683295&sid=dddcd00a1ae858e0f8a222fa8b4767de

You can set your armor values in the lobby rather than playing through a mission.

Also, here's what happens when you get out of the depth crawler while on a cave ceiling
http://giant.gfycat.com/ActiveQuarrelsomeBlackcrappie.webm

how do you make these really nice gifs?

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
I take the missile boat with the Air Raider and just strap a Power Pole and a Bunker Pole to it and be a trundling invincible missile spamming rear end in a top hat. It's great.

A Pleasant Hug
Dec 30, 2007

...It's the thought that counts, right?

Fans posted:

I take the missile boat with the Air Raider and just strap a Power Pole and a Bunker Pole to it and be a trundling invincible missile spamming rear end in a top hat. It's great.

For additional fun, take a guide beacon gun instead of a bunker or defense post. Now you can focus-fire your missiles on single targets!

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Guy Mann posted:

Can't wait for the dynamic soldering gameplay.

Pretty sure the female announcer for EDF 4.1 is the same woman from Metal Wolf Chaos, Mr. President.

This is a good game, in other words.

HolyKrap
Feb 10, 2008

adfgaofdg

Cowman posted:

how do you make these really nice gifs?

It's just an avi that I uploaded to gfycat. I just save a shadowplay clip, render, upload to gfycat and it converts it to a webm. You need to change the url by adding "giant" to the beginning and "webm" at the end. So gfycat.com/ActiveQuarrelsomeBlackcrappie becomes giant.gfycat.com/ActiveQuarrelsomeBlackcrappie.webm

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Pretty sure the female announcer for EDF 4.1 is the same woman from Metal Wolf Chaos, Mr. President.

This is a good game, in other words.

I bet that's what's happening in the US while we're blowing up Motherships in Japan. Michael Wilson is just going ham with his personal Vegalta.

TacticalNecromancy
May 25, 2015

Night10194 posted:

I bet that's what's happening in the US while we're blowing up Motherships in Japan. Michael Wilson is just going ham with his personal Vegalta.

EDF's Linear Cannon for shooting down Motherships is clearly located in Alcatraz, while the Fight House is busy obliterating Hectors of its own accord.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Why did you get married?
FOR SOME REASON

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I like how sometimes they pronounce the Charon bomber as "Sharron" because no one in the voice acting direction gave a gently caress.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

And yet the voice acting for this game is absolutely perfect for it.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Night10194 posted:

And yet the voice acting for this game is absolutely perfect for it.

My go-to description is "they hired a bunch of decent, but not great actors and in lieu of direction, handed them a napkin with "Shatner" written on it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

"I'M ALL OUT OF BULLETS"
"I CAN'T BELIEVE I FORGOT MY BULLETS"

"WHERE IS MY MAGAZINE?!"

Shine on, EDF. You'll save us all.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

VulgarandStupid posted:

Why did you get married?
FOR SOME REASON

IT HAPPENED BEFORE I KNEW IT!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolyKrap
Feb 10, 2008

adfgaofdg
I didn't think this was possible. This was the 6th restart and I was ready to leave but then it finally happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4beBaPm0Gk