Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spinst
Jul 14, 2012

My "transfer" button is gone.

wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

spinst posted:

My "transfer" button is gone.

wtf

There's a little button that looks like 3 lines. Click on that to either transfer or favorite

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Macaluso posted:

There's a little button that looks like 3 lines. Click on that to either transfer or favorite

ahahahahah jesus christ

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Updated just to check this all out and got a 'do not tresspass while playing' message. :allears:

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Macaluso posted:

thanks pal

loving egg just hatched a zubat

loving zubat

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

I caught a Lickitung today. I assume we're all in agreement that it is the greatest of pokemen.

All nearby supergyms will be systematically overtaken, vaporeons slaughtered, and Lickitung will rise

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Three 2km eggs in a row hatched a Zubat.

Finally got a break with a Rattata.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Ban all websites that make playing the gam fun. Remove any way to track Pokémon. Good loving luck starting at this point.

Thanks for the ez money kids. Ciao.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i was telling a friend of mine how awful it must be to be someone starting pokemon Go in like, august, let alone november or december just because of how far behind you'll be, and with the recent changes it's even more difficult to play catchup. owned everyone who isn't me.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Zotix posted:

Ban all websites that make playing the gam fun. Remove any way to track Pokémon. Good loving luck starting at this point.

Thanks for the ez money kids. Ciao.
See ya.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
I am very much enjoying being able to tell the people in this thread that played Ingress and the ones that didn't.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

That wasn't actually me quitting ya neckbeard. It was me impersonating niantic running off with the money they made as their game crashes and burns.

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
Niantic should ban all the mapping apps and release their own for $2.99. :shepspends:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Macaluso posted:

Dude for real. I hate hot weather in the first place, and this loving 100+ degree weather lately is dogshit. I would be walking all over the loving map going after Pokemon if it was like 30 degrees outside.

How do I get Mr. Burns' blocking out the sun thing to happen in real life

Move to Winnipeg. Clouds of black flies and smoke from Alberta being on fire block out the sun in the summer and winter gets to a nice brisk -40C. Before wind chill. :v:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Furnaceface posted:

Move to Winnipeg. Clouds of black flies and smoke from Alberta being on fire block out the sun in the summer and winter gets to a nice brisk -40C. Before wind chill. :v:

Hell yeah

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

grilldos posted:

I am very much enjoying being able to tell the people in this thread that played Ingress and the ones that didn't.

how many months did ingress take after release to stop getting worse and start getting better?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

bigis posted:

Niantic should ban all the mapping apps and release their own for $2.99. :shepspends:

Nah, it's gonna be "New pokemon tracker available in the shop for 80 Pokecoins! Displays footprints under pokemon in your nearby list showing how far away they are! Works for 30 minutes."

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I like people getting mad about them removing the footsteps when the footsteps were broken for a long while and just was very confusing and annoying. Hopefully they fix the problem and bring them back but I'd rather they just remove it until it's fixed. One thing I am reading though is that it's a lot harder to catch pokemon now and I just had a 52CP caterpie break out of a pokeball twice in a row when they used to not do that. Is that a new thing or am I just having bad luck?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Cowman posted:

I like people getting mad about them removing the footsteps when the footsteps were broken for a long while and just was very confusing and annoying. Hopefully they fix the problem and bring them back but I'd rather they just remove it until it's fixed. One thing I am reading though is that it's a lot harder to catch pokemon now and I just had a 52CP caterpie break out of a pokeball twice in a row when they used to not do that. Is that a new thing or am I just having bad luck?
Seems like an incredibly small sample size to base anything off of.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Not new, as your level gets higher they break out more.

drat weedles in my area are all trained by Houdini or something. loving pokeball escape artists.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Bill Barber posted:

Seems like an incredibly small sample size to base anything off of.

Well I've had more than that give me trouble, that one just happened is all I meant. However I've been reading other people complaining about this so I just was wondering if it was just people having bad luck and blaming it on the update or if it was actually a new problem.

Ten Wasted Dollars
Oct 24, 2010

Cowman posted:

I think the problem is that there is no indication that the in-app tracking system will ever get fixed, and that removing the footsteps is a sign that, rather than fix the feature, Niantic has chosen to just remove any traces of it ever existing.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I'd regard removing the footsteps as not changing anything. They were only confusing.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Ten Wasted Dollars posted:

I think the problem is that there is no indication that the in-app tracking system will ever get fixed, and that removing the footsteps is a sign that, rather than fix the feature, Niantic has chosen to just remove any traces of it ever existing.

Yeah, I'd feel a lot more comfortable if Niantic came out and said "we're gonna fix this," instead, they've been completely silent on the issue, and removing the footsteps gives them an out to just ignore the issue and pretend tracking never existed. They really need to improve their communication with the player base.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
is it safe to conflate removing the footsteps with apparently breaking the tracking sites? that feels like if blizzard had removed WoWhead back in the early days of wow because people were too easily finding where quest mobs were instead of asking other players

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

e: ^^^ /r/pokemongodev seems to think that they are throttling scans to once per 5 seconds. Probably trying to prevent bots from scanning quickly. So some guys are just running 30 bots and combining the results. Let the digital arms race continue!

iOS update trip report:

• Transferring is hella fast now, but my muscle memory will take time to adjust
  • Quick-throw being gone sucks, and it takes slightly longer after a poke breaks free for you to get another chance to throw
  • Curve balls seem the same to me
  • New razzberry <3 animation - takes slightly longer
  • New :laffo: bug/feature: when you miss with a pokeball, you can swipe rapid fire as it's rolling around and sometimes, you will "throw" the same ball from where it had landed. You can take one ball on a grand adventure of the background :3: I couldn't get a good video of this since it was nighttime and my buddy's camera was autofocusing on my hand instead of the glowing screen. Warning: if you miss the 1/30th or w/e of a second window, the ball will properly reset and you'll most likely throw the new one, which is wasteful.

Here's a big one, but I need confirmation from one of y'all: Training a gym seems like more of a slog. On a whim I stopped on my way home. cp 1470 snorlax vs my cp1460 vaporeon. Should be even match, around 500 prestige, right? I only got 260 prestige. What. I didn't really want to get into experimentation because I'm tired and my gym timer isn't up until the morning, but that's my report. Anyone else try to train or take a gym with the new patch? Also, you have to waaaaaaaiiiiiiit for the prestige counter to tick up to the new value, and it doesn't show you the amount by which it raised, just the new amount. Hope you were paying attention!

I haven't evolved, can anyone weigh in on whether that process was changed?

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jul 31, 2016

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Ten Wasted Dollars posted:

Is there any reason to believe that they aren't fixing it though? I mean it was just confusing and annoying having them in there so removing them made things easier visually. I don't know Niantic's past history about this kind of stuff but I don't know why they would make it harder to track them unless they were about to release a tracking item or something like that. I mean the point is to go out and catch pokemon and interact with people. It would be stupid of them to make that harder and less appealing.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
They added big text that tells you when a Pokemon broke free from a ball which doesn't seem particularly necessary and just makes it take longer to try again

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Cowman posted:

Is there any reason to believe that they aren't fixing it though? I mean it was just confusing and annoying having them in there so removing them made things easier visually. I don't know Niantic's past history about this kind of stuff but I don't know why they would make it harder to track them unless they were about to release a tracking item or something like that. I mean the point is to go out and catch pokemon and interact with people. It would be stupid of them to make that harder and less appealing.

From what I've heard second hand from Ingress players, this is EXACTLY what they do.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

something posted:

From what I've heard second hand from Ingress players, this is EXACTLY what they do.

I'm very glad I haven't spent any money on this then. I hope it doesn't go that way but if it does then I guess I'm done with this game :smith:

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Dr. Abysmal posted:

They added big text that tells you when a Pokemon broke free from a ball which doesn't seem particularly necessary and just makes it take longer to try again
muh milliseconds!

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I occasionally saw that text when I was using non-AR mode before this update, so I assume that was intended to be there all along but was broken until now.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So I just booted the game after playing not 30 min ago and it asked me to choose which google account and then started the game as if I was a brand new player.

What the gently caress just happened??

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Feenix posted:

So I just booted the game after playing not 30 min ago and it asked me to choose which google account and then started the game as if I was a brand new player.

What the gently caress just happened??

I was logged out and it wants me to log back into my gmail account and now I'm very scared to do this.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Note Block posted:

I was logged out and it wants me to log back into my gmail account and now I'm very scared to do this.

Yeah I mean I hope it fixes itself but I don't know what else to
Do except wait and hope it gets fixed. I had poo poo I paid actual money for tho so I will probably have to contact them at some point...

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I logged in with my google account and it worked fine.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Wow I never double post

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Wow I never double post

Well drat. Guess I'm hosed for now. I tell you, if it's gone for good, I don't think I can bother to start over.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

This was from a 5km egg. I was grinning like an idiot when it popped out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

widespread posted:

This was from a 5km egg. I was grinning like an idiot when it popped out.

Just like slowpoke?

I got a lickitung from an egg. :3:

• Locked thread