Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

marauderthirty posted:

:h: we should hang out more

They're almost as bad as warlocks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Fifty Three posted:

The true beauty of Shrug is that it works whether you'd won or lost.

As the Bone Krew can attest.

That's why I like clap too. It works if your teammate does something dope, if you lose to someone doing something dope or if you poo poo on a laggy idiot babby.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

FishBulb posted:

They're almost as bad as warlocks

Soooo what you're saying is Titan supremacy?

Have my babies

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
skating + death from above = cruise missile

No other way to play this game

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

If it lets awful players like me do well then it's clearly broken

so, leave Titans as-is forever

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I guess I'll weigh in on Titans. I'm considering rerolling Titan just for Lightning Grenade.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I mean yeah

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I feel like Bungie read that post and decided to poop in my butt to solidify the change. Titan runs at me. I hear an enemy super in the background, I'm on point B so I Shadowshot his face. He fists me and I die. He takes 0 damage from my Shadowshot and it disappears immediately.

:allears:

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Some gameplay from this weeks trials map: https://youtu.be/0-HNBCUnZ7Y

We lost the first round and it's a pretty good example of why i always play the rez. These guys were decent and it was a well fought match, so it's not the curb stomping gameplay i usually post. My clutch in the heavy round was pretty good though.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

10 kd trials game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXMSxredQcg

Ate poo poo on the 10th game with and 8-0 card (mercy gone) to miss out on flawless though :(

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

BlindSite posted:

10 kd trials game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXMSxredQcg

Ate poo poo on the 10th game with and 8-0 card (mercy gone) to miss out on flawless though :(

Good poo poo dude.

So you and Bob lost 2 games? Your 3rd must of been a bit of a spud.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

Good poo poo dude.

So you and Bob lost 2 games? Your 3rd must of been a bit of a spud.

Our first loss was just bad luck 4 to 4 against recognised players - heading into the final round I had my slam up. Our third got in my way at the doorway into top mid with a titan steaming in and a warlock not far behind. Me and the opposing titan both let fly with our slams and his landed a bees dick before mine (our 3rd actually tried blaming the loss on me for "pushing him" when he rushed stairs by skating in front of me and stopped dead in the door way). So he got the double. Which left bob in a 1 v 3 against quality.

Our final loss was just dogshit all round, all 6 in the lobby were on yellow bars and hit registration went to poo poo. At one point I mag dumped a hunter and only 3 of the 8 seemed to actually record a hit - had to punch him twice to get him down on top of that because the first punch which gave me the hit noise and animation didn't register damage. Bob didn't seem to be too interested toward the end and became a bit salty, our third pretty much stopped talking. At one point I actually had to ask "can you hear me?" because there was no talk and call outs.

We still managed to claw it to 4-3 but lost in the end. Sort of gave me the shits the last loss because we went away from being aggressive. The first two rounds we made it a scrap and won with good grenade work and team shooting. We were even out playing them as individuals but there wasn't any real coordination - someone would try to warrior mid map with a sniper and then complain no one was with them or I'd push hard get a kill or a trade and be all alone, - I'm not gonna start telling someone how to suck eggs in their own stream but we should have won the last game. Instead of controlling mid and looking for map control our strategy kind of shifted to more passive play and when the connections go to poo poo that's a losing proposition and we lost because of it.

I want to play fast and make someone else handle the pressure. The back map bullshit where someone tries to get one pick frustrates me no end. I'd rather force the issue than wait for someone to gently caress up. It was a decent run, just a bit frustrating when instead of being any kind of constructive your team mates just get critical about petty poo poo like a lag trade in a shoot out. 2 of the other games I had a 6 and a 7 kd with a lot of double snipes mid map, heavy control was solid, everything was going well, we just lost our chemistry toward the end. I need to play more threes.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Sounds like you need another teammate who isn't a salty babby. If playing CS has taught me anything it's that chemistry and positivity is absolutely crucial to do well in a game so centered around map control and comms.

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level

fennesz posted:

Sounds like you need another teammate who isn't a salty babby. If playing CS has taught me anything it's that chemistry and positivity is absolutely crucial to do well in a game so centered around map control and comms.

I dunno, I'm a salty babby all the time and I still tend toward doing well.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I need to get another one of these so I can keep rerolling past this one to try for snapshot. This was the roll I settled on today. Almost every one I got had unflinching for some reason.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

On second thought quickdraw or snapshot is a must. The equip speed on this thing is horrible

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Jumped on last night around 7:30/8 thinking "oh I'll just play for an hour or so" then I got a party invite from some ausgoons.
Next thing I know its 1:30am and I'm drunk as gently caress.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

BlindSite posted:

Jumped on last night around 7:30/8 thinking "oh I'll just play for an hour or so" then I got a party invite from some ausgoons.
Next thing I know its 1:30am and I'm drunk as gently caress.

Send me a SMS next time you do this. I miss the drunk timez

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

Send me a SMS next time you do this. I miss the drunk timez

Will do bruv.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Got a vortex with hh bf. This is the fastest firing five bolt kill if you exclude telesto. Might be pretty good.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Is there a breakpoint for armor where Shoulder Charge doesn't one shot? I attempted to google it but every entry is "WTF MY CHARGE DUDNT WERK" or "SDFSD OP OP!"

I'm T11 in terms of pips. I still can't find a loving Class Artifact above 320 :sigh:

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Any Xbros going to be on tonight? I feel like shooting things. Got two MMA fights to watch first.

Also shouldn't we add the Xbro excel name sheet to the OP?

Captain Log fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jul 31, 2016

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

fennesz posted:

Is there a breakpoint for armor where Shoulder Charge doesn't one shot? I attempted to google it but every entry is "WTF MY CHARGE DUDNT WERK" or "SDFSD OP OP!"

I'm T11 in terms of pips. I still can't find a loving Class Artifact above 320 :sigh:

10 armor. Either max armor ram lock or max striker. I think max defender with void armor might survive it also.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

fennesz posted:

Light level is irrelevant, you just need to go max armor and then pick Unstoppable in the last perk tree.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

^ I know LL is irrelevant. But aren't higher light items able to contribute more stats toward your armor pips? Literally never seeing class artifacts SUCKS

actionjackson posted:

10 armor. Either max armor ram lock or max striker. I think max defender with void armor might survive it also.

Pretty sure this isn't right. I'm 11 armor right now and I get one shotted by it constantly. Unless you mean 10 armor plus that other poo poo. I guess Hunters are SOL?

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

fennesz posted:

Pretty sure this isn't right. I'm 11 armor right now and I get one shotted by it constantly. Unless you mean 10 armor plus that other poo poo. I guess Hunters are SOL?

If you're a striker I thought you could do it with Max armor and unstoppable but you may need the chest piece that gives the bonus for arc based subclasses.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

fennesz posted:

^ I know LL is irrelevant. But aren't higher light items able to contribute more stats toward your armor pips? Literally never seeing class artifacts SUCKS

Not in normalized crucible. 10 armor at 140 light has just as many hit points as at 335 light. Same for IB too I think, you just take more damage from a higher light enemy.

The armor bar is only filled by subclass perks and the chest slot armor perk. Well and the Ram for warlocks.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

xzzy posted:

Not in normalized crucible. 10 armor at 140 light has just as many hit points as at 335 light. Same for IB too I think, you just take more damage from a higher light enemy.

The armor bar is only filled by subclass perks and the chest slot armor perk. Well and the Ram for warlocks.

I guess I wasn't clear. Doesn't a class item that is 335 contribute more actual Int/Dis/Str than an item at, say, 300 light? It should be easier to get to T10, 11 or 12 with items that are higher light because each individual item contributes more points to your total?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
strikers survive shoulder charge with arc armor + unstoppable, and with a sliver of health. nothing else survives, except maybe a ram warlock with element armor, but i don't think so.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

fennesz posted:

I guess I wasn't clear. Doesn't a class item that is 335 contribute more actual Int/Dis/Str than an item at, say, 300 light? It should be easier to get to T10, 11 or 12 with items that are higher light because each individual item contributes more points to your total?

also, yes, but your intellect/disc/str split has nothing to do with your ability to survive shoulder charges, which is what people are talking about.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

strikers survive shoulder charge with arc armor + unstoppable, and with a sliver of health. nothing else survives, except maybe a ram warlock with element armor, but i don't think so.

Ram survives it. Not sure if you need the armor chest.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Ok. I thought I remembered someone mentioning you needed to be t11 or t12 to survive shoulder charge. I guess that's one more reason to roll Titan. I love fusions in PvP right now and making GBS threads on every single shoulder charge nerd would feel so good. I can't even count the number of times I've died mid fusion burst to a charge.

Thanks for the replies y'all :banjo:

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

11 is max I think.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Even better benevolence roll. Shortgaze hh single point sling performance bonus. I think all bit the third is the best perk for that slot.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I use a max armor striker titan with arc chest and i tank ahoulder charges no worries.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

fennesz posted:

Ok. I thought I remembered someone mentioning you needed to be t11 or t12 to survive shoulder charge. I guess that's one more reason to roll Titan. I love fusions in PvP right now and making GBS threads on every single shoulder charge nerd would feel so good. I can't even count the number of times I've died mid fusion burst to a charge.

Thanks for the replies y'all :banjo:

Literally the only thing affected by your tier is your ability cooldowns. Totally separate from agility/recovery/armor.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

We got a sub 3 minute Bulletproof on Trials today: https://youtu.be/-tnZh01fciM

Asylum is the best Trials map, along with Burning Shrine and Widows Court.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
On my striker titan I'm using Discharge under the Storm Fist tree.

Is there a generally accepted best option here?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

huh posted:

On my striker titan I'm using Discharge under the Storm Fist tree.

Is there a generally accepted best option here?

I like the one that dramatically reduces cooldown.

But all the options are decent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Titans can't punch anything so it doesn't matter

• Locked thread