Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
Regarding the 'Nom', in the Japanese, Youko is saying "Ei-", which is an incredibly cute "I'm gonna do it!" noise. It doesn't really translate well, so we went with another cute noise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Tarage posted:

Regarding the 'Nom', in the Japanese, Youko is saying "Ei-", which is an incredibly cute "I'm gonna do it!" noise. It doesn't really translate well, so we went with another cute noise.

It reads as Extremely Cute so I think you nailed it.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

A Good Choice.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

What I learned from this page was that my cat has secretly been a vampire all along.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
The Something Awful Forums > E/N > My principal told my girlfriend to penetrate me regularly

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Ugh, what has this series become? It's basically indistinguishable from To-Love-Ru now.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

DrSunshine posted:

Ugh, what has this series become? It's basically indistinguishable from To-Love-Ru now.

I Google this. What the christ.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Kortel posted:

To-Love-Ru was originally bland and fairly harmless as harem series go. Then the author had a messy divorce and went off the deep end and it became To-Love-Ru Darkness, which is best not acknowledged as existing.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

chumbler posted:

To-Love-Ru was originally bland and fairly harmless as harem series go. Then the author had a messy divorce and went off the deep end and it became To-Love-Ru Darkness, which is best not acknowledged as existing.

That sounds...horrible, but intriguing. Like a trainwreck or the 2016 American election.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

chumbler posted:

Give those who don't want to Google it the rundown of what happened when the author went crazy please

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Covok posted:

That sounds...horrible, but intriguing. Like a trainwreck or the 2016 American election.

It's actually pretty sad, since his wife kidnapped their daughter and tried to take a lot of money from him, as well as having an affair. Also somewhat messy since the Onedera of that series is based off his wife, so that character's focus dropped a lot around that period. The series basically ended because he had to focus on taking care of his kid by himself. And now he's back with drawing a monthly series for a paycheck, and less limits on what he can draw.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Allarion posted:

It's actually pretty sad, since his wife kidnapped their daughter and tried to take a lot of money from him, as well as having an affair. Also somewhat messy since the Onedera of that series is based off his wife, so that character's focus dropped a lot around that period. The series basically ended because he had to focus on taking care of his kid by himself. And now he's back with drawing a monthly series for a paycheck, and less limits on what he can draw.

gently caress. That's grim. I'm assuming you meant kidnap literally and that the money was stolen literally.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
The kidnapping was literal. The stealing money was both literal and legal, cause she grabbed his credit cards when she took their daughter, and then demanded money from him in exchange for his right to custody of their daughter.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Covok posted:

gently caress. That's grim. I'm assuming you meant kidnap literally and that the money was stolen literally.

None of that was a figure of speech. That all actually happened.

http://pastebin.com/QX2RihUc

Here's one timeline of whole shebang. Language aside, it's accurate.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Kortel posted:

:wtchris:

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
Makes you feel bad for the guy. I liked the artwork of tlr; what series is he working on now?

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
Please, if we're going to compare Jitsu Wa to a lovely series, you should be using Nisekoi.

EDIT: Not to imply TLR:D is a lovely series. Also he's still working on it, finding new and inventive ways to slip uncensored vaginas into reflections.

Tarage fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jul 30, 2016

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Please don't imply TLR:D is bad. Just say it.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
TLR:D? More like TL;DR.

Seriously, though, To Love Ru always seemed a bit creepy from a distance, but it sucks that that type of poo poo happened to the guy. Unless he was under contract to complete some set amount of chapters, I don't see why he didn't just drop it entirely right then and there and take some time off.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

SpacePig posted:

TLR:D? More like TL;DR.

Seriously, though, To Love Ru always seemed a bit creepy from a distance, but it sucks that that type of poo poo happened to the guy. Unless he was under contract to complete some set amount of chapters, I don't see why he didn't just drop it entirely right then and there and take some time off.

You need money to raise a kid.

Especially if your wife took some of your money.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Please don't imply TLR:D is bad. Just say it.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

You need money to raise a kid.

Especially if your wife took some of your money.

I don't think the guy dislikes what he's doing, but I suspect he decided that he was going to give readers exactly what would make them keep the series from being cancelled. And given the circumstances I can't really give him too much poo poo for it.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Paracelsus posted:

I don't think the guy dislikes what he's doing, but I suspect he decided that he was going to give readers exactly what would make them keep the series from being cancelled. And given the circumstances I can't really give him too much poo poo for it.

And creepiness was that thing? *shudder*

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

There Bias Two posted:

Welcome to anime. Enjoy your stay.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Captain Invictus posted:

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Captain Invictus posted:

But Jitsu Wa is anime

and jitsu wa is good

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Artificer posted:

But Jitsu Wa is anime

and jitsu wa is good

Correction: Jitsu Wa anime was bad.
Manga good

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I forgot there even was an anime.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
So did everyone else.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I thought the anime was interesting in how it mixed and matched chapters to try do its own thing while staying true to the manga, but it did seem to miss out on what made the original so special- the silliness, romance and cute/dumbness seemed absent. Not to mention they tried to play a few of the cliches straight, missing the point of the manga entirely (the 'sexy poses' episode is a prime example).

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
The My Monster Secret anime -- everything about it from the Character Designs to the direction, just hugely implied to me that none of the people working on it actually "got" the point of the manga, like really understood what it was about. They seemed just like the studio was totally unfamiliar with the material, was handed it by the producers/studio execs and told "ok, it's a monster girl harem show, monster girls are popular now, GO." That's what we got.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

DrSunshine posted:

The My Monster Secret anime -- everything about it from the Character Designs to the direction, just hugely implied to me that none of the people working on it actually "got" the point of the manga, like really understood what it was about. They seemed just like the studio was totally unfamiliar with the material, was handed it by the producers/studio execs and told "ok, it's a monster girl harem show, monster girls are popular now, GO." That's what we got.

This, 100% this.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Eh, I guess I'm one of the rare people who started reading the manga as a result of the anime, but I don't think it was THAT bad. Just kind of mediocre and unmemorable. I want to say that there were some good Aizawa moments, but it's been a while.

I think they cared but it's just a really tough thing to adapt.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

DrSunshine posted:

This came out at the same time as MonMusu, iirc. I just wouldn't be surprised if this was one of those strike while the iron is hot sort of deals but instead of Transformers we ended up with the studio making Transmorphers.

Also goddamn that TLR derail. I've heard of series being influenced by life but... cripes, that was a real sad story. :cry:

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Jul 31, 2016

buzmeg
Jul 8, 2004
The Megg of Buzz

There Bias Two posted:

In college, a fellow engineering student was a local stripper. Her comment: "I got knocked up at 16, and the guy ran off two years later. Stripping means I work 2 days for only 12 hours a week and can pay all my bills. How the hell else could I find the time to take care of my daughter and get an engineering degree?"

When you have a kid, you do *whatever* in order to pay the bills. Props to the guy.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Thread, please pull up before we enter a dead spin into the bad posting ocean. Thank you.

Here I'll help:

MAN THE PRINCIPAL SURE IS INVESTED IN THESE TEENS GETTING ALONG

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I bet Oka is the traitor here is a 4chan thread and fan art explaining why.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Hoooo poo poo! Shots fired!

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Don't worry, new chapter soon. There's a chance it'll be delayed a day because a staffer has stuff to do IRL, but hopefully not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

chumbler posted:

I bet Oka is the traitor here is a 4chan thread and fan art explaining why.
please deposit your passive-aggressive shitposting in the proper thread receptacles

• Locked thread