Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Atlas Hugged posted:

My guess is that people dig them up and then assume there's a body buried there too.

Probably. Some grandma throws out her kids' baby teeth, someone sees them and the cops have to spend all day digging through trash to make sure someone didn't dispose of a corpse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

you were warned posted:

I was reading through my town's big list of which things should be composted, recycled, or thrown out, and it made a point to say that human teeth should not be put into the compost collection bins. Good to know that people like ASF will still be able to raid trash cans for spare teeth here. :psyduck:

The fact that people are able to dig up million-year-old fossils of bones should tell you that obviously teeth, which are made out of bone, are not compostible - hence why they shouldn't go in a compost bin.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Fossils arent really bone anymore though y'know. No idea about teeth specifically but I assume they arent that different.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Saros posted:

Fossils arent really bone anymore though y'know. No idea about teeth specifically but I assume they arent that different.

Given how much calcium is in them they're most of the way to being rocks already.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy
I went to a place called Sharktooth Hill that used to be underwater hundreds of millions of years ago, where there are deposits of prehistoric shark teeth, some of which I dug up alongside a geological society.

That said, those teeth lasted to the point of fossilization by being protected from bacteria and oxygen beneath some layer(s) of sediment.

As far as I can tell, they don't want bones in the compost bin because bones attract rodents, and also probably because they take way longer than anything else to decompose, and municipal compost is given away to people who may be concerned to find bones and teeth in there.

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
They allow bones from food scraps and entire dead animals brought in by cats (the 179-row spreadsheet gets oddly specific), so bones themselves aren't the problem. :shrug:

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Yeah it's got to be human teeth loving with people.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The OP is my spirit animal, in that he has all the dysfunction I hope to never have. Although I am lucky enough to not be close to him or his level of poo poo,.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
So did that guy get paid or what?

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

:buddy: GAY 4 ORGANS :buddy:

Atlas Hugged posted:

So did that guy get paid or what?

Here's an update!

Waldo managed to wrangle $300 from his boss. All of that money ended up in my wallet, but Waldo yet needs to chip in additional $180 which will cover this month's rent. I finally gave him an ultimatum - either shape up and start paying me in full and on time, or feel free to start searching for a new apartment. We'll see how that'll go.

Waldo currently has a major roach freakout in his apartment. We ended up stomping out no less than SIX roaches in broad daylight while I was moving the cabinets around and installing a new washing machine. The blinds on his window will probably get repaired in the morning. The blinds are made out of 46 year old plastic and they've grown rather crispy in the past few decades - amazingly, I actually have spare parts for the fucker - a few months back, someone from the Roach Tower was installing brand new windows with foldable blinds, tossing the old 1970 gear out. I came around and cannibalized the windows for parts (latches, mechanisms etc) and took a whole roll of compatible, plastic foldable blinds. They've been stewing in the basement since, I suppose now they're gonna get their five minutes of limelight after all. :)

BTW, remember Vesna the stoner chick? It turned out that Mr. Weed has boned her already. :D Her intention was to mooch weed off the guy and pay him in Blue Waffle. Mr. Weed eventually realized that her waffle just ain't worth the effort and severed from her. :D Fukken owned. :D

And this is what happens when you decide to stock up on food while being high as gently caress:

Yeah there's gotta be like 120 pounds of canned goodies in the cabinet (affectionately known as the bunker.) And there is even more stuff stewing on the floor of a wardrobe closet. Sure, this may seem ridiculous but remember that until VERY recently I literally didn't know where my next meal will come from, and this is probably a coping strategy. Don't worry, all of this will be eaten... eventually.

Yesterday as I was coming home from a hospital, I saw an old woman panhandling at the tram station. I gave her 20 Kunas (roughly $3) because I know what it's like when you're hungry. Especially as I've had people literally chasing me across the street in order to give me money! :ughh:

Fake edit: tried a new beer the other day, at $1.35 per 2L, it's somehow cheaper than the fabled cat piss beer...

...and it tastes like soap. :ughh: How do you even end up with beer that tastes like motherfucking soap?!

drunkelberger
Jun 8, 2014
Why'd you have to go to the hospital yesterday?? Hope you're okay!

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

drunkelberger posted:

Why'd you have to go to the hospital yesterday?? Hope you're okay!

A regular MRI scan, and X-rays of my lungs for some reason. I'm seeing my onco in September. :)

drunkelberger
Jun 8, 2014

A SWEATY FATBEARD posted:

A regular MRI scan, and X-rays of my lungs for some reason. I'm seeing my onco in September. :)

Oh! I was worried you had been injured, glad it was just some routine stuff. Tell Waldo that I said "whats up"

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Here's an update!

Waldo managed to wrangle $300 from his boss. All of that money ended up in my wallet, but Waldo yet needs to chip in additional $180 which will cover this month's rent. I finally gave him an ultimatum - either shape up and start paying me in full and on time, or feel free to start searching for a new apartment. We'll see how that'll go.

Waldo currently has a major roach freakout in his apartment. We ended up stomping out no less than SIX roaches in broad daylight while I was moving the cabinets around and installing a new washing machine. The blinds on his window will probably get repaired in the morning. The blinds are made out of 46 year old plastic and they've grown rather crispy in the past few decades - amazingly, I actually have spare parts for the fucker - a few months back, someone from the Roach Tower was installing brand new windows with foldable blinds, tossing the old 1970 gear out. I came around and cannibalized the windows for parts (latches, mechanisms etc) and took a whole roll of compatible, plastic foldable blinds. They've been stewing in the basement since, I suppose now they're gonna get their five minutes of limelight after all. :)

BTW, remember Vesna the stoner chick? It turned out that Mr. Weed has boned her already. :D Her intention was to mooch weed off the guy and pay him in Blue Waffle. Mr. Weed eventually realized that her waffle just ain't worth the effort and severed from her. :D Fukken owned. :D

And this is what happens when you decide to stock up on food while being high as gently caress:

Yeah there's gotta be like 120 pounds of canned goodies in the cabinet (affectionately known as the bunker.) And there is even more stuff stewing on the floor of a wardrobe closet. Sure, this may seem ridiculous but remember that until VERY recently I literally didn't know where my next meal will come from, and this is probably a coping strategy. Don't worry, all of this will be eaten... eventually.

Yesterday as I was coming home from a hospital, I saw an old woman panhandling at the tram station. I gave her 20 Kunas (roughly $3) because I know what it's like when you're hungry. Especially as I've had people literally chasing me across the street in order to give me money! :ughh:

Fake edit: tried a new beer the other day, at $1.35 per 2L, it's somehow cheaper than the fabled cat piss beer...

...and it tastes like soap. :ughh: How do you even end up with beer that tastes like motherfucking soap?!

Budget vodka sounds like an awesome brand.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

The lung X-ray was probably to check for tuberculosis.

This link might give you some explanations for the soapiness of your beer: http://howtobrew.com/book/section-4/is-my-beer-ruined/common-off-flavors

You should think about brewing your own beer! It could work out even cheaper, and will almost certainly be better than the cat piss beer.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

How did you not translate the name of the beer? It's called A ten.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbepN4dKLbU

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Lead out in cuffs posted:

This link might give you some explanations for the soapiness of your beer: http://howtobrew.com/book/section-4/is-my-beer-ruined/common-off-flavors

Somehow I don't think that they are leaving a beer which sells for less than $1 a liter in the primary too long. More likely is that water to rinse after cleaning is out of their budget.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
Could be an IPA

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Lead out in cuffs posted:

You should think about brewing your own beer! It could work out even cheaper, and will almost certainly be better than the cat piss beer.

It's like you want him to die in some kind of horrible accident or something.

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug

C. Everett Koop posted:

It's like you want him to die in some kind of horrible accident or something.

Not sure if you noticed, but ASF is kinda hard to kill.

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

Making your own beer is a little bit safer than trying to cook a chair on the stove.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Tin Hat posted:

Making your own beer is a little bit safer than trying to cook a chair on the stove.

True, but if anyone could somehow make the jump from homebrewing to sensational meth lab explosion without even trying, it would be our OP here.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Don't tell me you don't know anyone who would try fried chair flavour IPA if it was sufficiently artisanal.

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)

Waci posted:

Don't tell me you don't know anyone who would try fried chair flavour IPA if it was sufficiently artisanal.

"Handmade in small batches by an authentic drugged-out Croatian man!" Like the outsider art of alcohol.

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

you were warned posted:

"Handmade in small batches by an authentic drugged-out Croatian man!" Like the outsider art of alcohol.

Have you met the kind of people who run microbreweries?

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

you were warned posted:

"Handmade in small batches by an authentic drugged-out, autistic, psychotic Croatian cancer survivor!" Like the outsider art of alcohol.

FTFY

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul
Do you draw, A Sweaty Fatbeard? I feel like this came up previously, maybe in a discussion about comics. I'm guessing the answer is "no," or we would have seem some of your work, by now.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

For the first 8 years or so I also got an MRI and chest x-ray. The chest x-ray was to check for lung mets. Eventually they dropped the MRI and went with a chest x-ray and femur x-rays.

And yesterday at my annual checkup I got the all clear and the doc told me that after 13 years I can skip the next 1-2 annual checkups. :toot:

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Centripetal Horse posted:

Do you draw, A Sweaty Fatbeard? I feel like this came up previously, maybe in a discussion about comics. I'm guessing the answer is "no," or we would have seem some of your work, by now.

Yeah, I'd kill to see his drawings :/

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

Dick Trauma posted:

For the first 8 years or so I also got an MRI and chest x-ray. The chest x-ray was to check for lung mets. Eventually they dropped the MRI and went with a chest x-ray and femur x-rays.

And yesterday at my annual checkup I got the all clear and the doc told me that after 13 years I can skip the next 1-2 annual checkups. :toot:

Congrats on winning fat cancer

Prob didn't beat rob ford's high score though

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Teketeketeketeke posted:

Yeah, I'd kill to see his drawings :/

I think he drew some of the roaches in his previous thread and also took pictures of them for us, but not 100% on that memory

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Not really. I've given up the 'artsy' kind of drawings fifteen years ago because I realized that my drawings were embarrassingly bad and that I was not making any progress. Besides, I can't even hold a pencil straight since my hands have grown pretty shaky and wobbly from all the psych meds I'm taking.

Dick Trauma posted:

That's awesome! :toot:
I'm getting the results of my MRI scan on Monday. I'm not even antsy about this stuff anymore. :toot:

Captain Yossarian posted:

I think he drew some of the roaches in his previous thread and also took pictures of them for us, but not 100% on that memory

Uhh those were actual dead roaches I put on a piece of paper and then wrote some text around them. Have you not seen the high-res image?

I spent the last ten days in a weed binge, and I must say that it gave rise to a true epiphany. Weed helped my mind to 'detach' itself and allowed me to think 'outside of the box'. I realized some things which quite surprised me. I apparently have PTSD. Up until this long weed binge, I didn't think much of the fact that I'm having recurrent nightmares about suicide, my piece of poo poo neglectful mother, serving in the army, etc. I've been in this state for so long that I seriously thought that it was normal. Towards that end, I can't stand physical body contact, which is already a part of my autism, but if, for example, someone pats me on the shoulder, I immediately flick over into murder mode (fight or flight instinct.) This is why I'm resisting romantic advances from women - our sexy time would have lasted all of nine seconds before I would have had a tard meltdown, turning our sexy time into a fist fight brawl. And I don't want that! :(

PTSD also explains all the opiates and alcohol. Those two were the only things that could temporarily dull the pain and put me to sleep, in vain hopes that the following day might be somewhat less terrible than the previous one.

Interestingly, it was opiates that literally saved my life on numerous occasions back in the bad old days. Hadn't it been for those precious pills, I would have offed myself a long time ago.

I'll be seeing my psychiatrist the following week. I'm asking you goons, should I tell her that I recently smoked a poo poo-ton of weed that made me realize these facts about my psyche? She already knows that I used to be an opiate fiend, but I'm still not sure I can trust her.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

a) If you're having PTSD symptoms, then yeah discuss that with your psychiatrist!

b) I'd probably suggest being honest with her about your drug use, but maybe more knowledgeable goons could weigh in. Usually, unless you're actually threatening to kill yourself or somebody else, everything between you and your psychiatrist is privileged information. Also I'm pretty sure I read somewhere about trust being pretty necessary to effective therapy.

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

If she prescribes you anything that's controlled over there it's possible she'll be hesitant to stop giving it to you

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

Not really. I've given up the 'artsy' kind of drawings fifteen years ago because I realized that my drawings were embarrassingly bad and that I was not making any progress. Besides, I can't even hold a pencil straight since my hands have grown pretty shaky and wobbly from all the psych meds I'm taking.

Oh, yeah. That's too bad, man. I'm also dealing with shaking hands, but I'm not sure what it's from. Possibly nerve damage, since my neurologist thinks I'm heading for carpal tunnel surgery. Even if you don't think much of your drawings, you might consider posting some. I recently bought three sketches from a dude on the street who approached me outside of a market. I made a thread about it in GBS. You might find them interesting.

I'll be seeing my psychiatrist the following week. I'm asking you goons, should I tell her that I recently smoked a poo poo-ton of weed that made me realize these facts about my psyche? She already knows that I used to be an opiate fiend, but I'm still not sure I can trust her.

The answer is obviously "yes," if you're going to see her willingly with hopes of actually receiving help.

stringball posted:

If she prescribes you anything that's controlled over there it's possible she'll be hesitant to stop giving it to you

Yes, but that's like saying, "Memorize the eye chart before you go the DMV. if they realize you're blind, they might not give you a license." If your psychiatrist is reluctant to give you medication after getting all the facts, she probably has good reason.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kowKFQQulKc

This old song is about you, Sweaty.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

I'm going to drop a drama bomb right here. Before you continue reading, check this old post of mine I wrote nearly a year ago. I'm going to extrapolate on that and add several juicy bits.

I held back on some of the details of my IRL trolling stunt because there were several unsavory bits which will decidedly paint me in bad light. I actually felt troll's remorse over this for quite a while; now I realize that I did everything right.

See, I am not emotionally attached to Bruno's shithouse - I only see it as a pile of unclaimed money, but my hands were tied back then: no-one had the upper hand in deciding what was to happen with the vacated house. I told the neighbor lady that I am not going to allow this house to sit abandoned and in a state of ruin - the house is already trashed enough and it has done a number on the neighboring property values. This was the first (and only) signal to the neighbor lady that I'm going to pull a tremendous stunt.

First of all, I needed to shatter my aunts' illusion that we could all cohabitate peacefully in that house. This concept was beyond retarded, in practice the house was a timeshared property with all the negative things that come with this - there hasn't been a serious investment in the property since the late 60s, and it shows. Nobody was willing (or able) to fork over serious dough to keep the house in shape, and the whole thing was gradually deteriorating since mid 1970s. So much about cohabitation, this model of shared ownership has already been tried, and it failed miserably.

In order to achieve this, I had to render myself as a tremendous piece of poo poo you wouldn't want to keep around. I started the game with faux-looting. I stuffed three cardboard boxes with worthless Bruno's poo poo - old newspapers and some postage stamp albums you wouldn't want to wipe your rear end with - and mailed them to myself in Zagreb. I never told anyone that I mailed literal garbage to myself - it's the negative gesture that counts. Towards that end, I seriously hired a literal eyewitness who helped me to move the boxes around and who could confirm that Fatbeard was shipping some boxes around (remember, the boxes contained trash.)

I then came home to Zagreb and awaited the arrival of my troll boxes. When they were delivered, I took out some not-so-impressive things, such as mold-damaged albums, and triumphantly showed those things to my aunt, with whom I've been talking over Skype video. About a week later, I sold some of the "not quite as terrible" stuff for pennies and threw out the rest, and I then informed my aunt of my doings, which predictably took her aback. Butthurt was already fermenting. :D

Now, you might ask yourself, why all of this? What did these women do to me that would have warranted this kind of treatment?

See, I'm not the kind of person who is offended easily. You can throw a barrage of insults at my immediate family, I would have said "heh" and five minutes later we'd be drinking beer together. The tipping point happened in 2013 when I was juggling Dad the dad who was consistently skipping out on rent money, and at the same time, being incredibly sick and weak from ongoing chemo. I was trying to make ends meet with $180 a month, and I was reduced to eating plain boiled Vietnamese rice ($1 for 1KG), three times a day, because a simple loaf of bread was a luxury that often broke my buck. I frequently spoke with my aunt over Skype in those times. I was repeatedly dropping hints upon her that I'm at a lowest point of my life, that I was weak to the point where I could barely walk around the apartment, that I'm eating cardboard poo poo and that my neighbors in the Roach tower are constantly bailing my rear end out by bringing me food. Now, your average person would have gotten the hint and offered to wire me a few bucks - but not my aunt. I thought that maybe I was too coy about this, so a few weeks later I openly asked her if she could roll me a few pennies. To my utter amazement, she blew me off by saying that Germany is in recession and that life over there is hard. Yeah, life was hard to the point where she could only afford a brand new car every two years (as opposed to buying a new car every single. goddamn. year.) That was the biggest gently caress you I've ever experienced in my life. I then decided to troll them to gently caress because they simply don't deserve anything better.

The aunts totally bought the looting aspect, but I took it even further - I decided to give them even more reasons to sever the ties with me. A few months ago, the aunts came from Germany and crashed at my place. They would leave in the morning to do some errands, then return in the evening to spend the night. I told them I was a druggie and an alcoholic, but I had to do something to drive the nail home: I had prop empty beer bottles, a full closet of them. Sure, I was drinking beer at the time, but I decided to ham up the act by strategically stacking the empty bottles into plain view, on top of the refrigerator, in order to create an impression that I'm drinking a shitload of beer and that my alcoholism has gone completely out of hand, while in reality I was drinking only like a single bottle per day. They bought into my prop bottles too.

These two lies, looting-and-booze, work in unison; I portrayed myself like a drunky burnout who'd steal everything that wasn't nailed down, and then trade it for booze. From the aunts' point of view, I was the kind of person whom you wouldn't let anywhere near your property, and this too was a trap: one of my aunts then commanded me to hand over the keys of the house to her. I "absent-mindedly" complied, because I was "drunk." And that's exactly what I wanted in the first place. The aunts don't know this yet, but now I have an upper hand over them. Since I don't officially have access to the house anymore, this enables me to flatly refuse to pay my share of the property tax on the house, which is not insignificant. Why would I pay money for the house I can't gain entry to? :D

There is a fork on the trolling road now.

Scenario 1: Aunts decide to pay the tax and the utilities in their entirety in my place. This is stupid because it will soon burn an alarming hole in their wallets. They begrudgingly agree to sell off the house which is what I want. Ergo, I win.

Scenario 2: Aunts put on a big poo poo-eating grin and pay only their half of the taxes and the utilities. This is legally difficult to do without the involvement of the court. The state eventually forecloses on my half of the house. Since the house is a monolithic structure which can't be sold in parts, the whole thing goes at an auction and is sold for good money (50% of which goes to me!) and once again, I win.

And that's not even counting the fact that I'm thinking about bringing in heavy artillery. Been thinking about hiring a real bastard, the only person who is a bigger swindler than I am: Nicholas. :getin:
I'm going to give him a call this week. I already spoke to him about the house a few months ago and he was interested - but I told him that we'll shelve the deal for the time being to see how the things are going to develop. The iron is getting hot but it's not quite there yet, sooner or later I'm going to strike and collect the loot. :getin:

fake edit: hmmmh this post ended up being longer than I anticipated. :)

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

I mailed myself trash.

Welp. Your updates rarely disappoint. I think you might be living in a black comedy.

Two questions:

1) Is there a reason you seem so resentful of your aunt not giving you money? I understand that you were in need, and she has the money, but you seem to feel entitled to it. Were you ever really close, family-wise? It would never in a million years occur to me to go to my aunts for money, and if I did, I can't see being mad if they refuse. It's not like they are responsible for me.

2) Are you sure you get 50% of the proceeds if the house is foreclosed on because you aren't paying your share of the property tax? Could your aunts argue that you forfeited your share of the house? Are you legally entitled to both not pay the taxes, and collect proceeds from a sale?

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

1) Is there a reason you seem so resentful of your aunt not giving you money? I understand that you were in need, and she has the money, but you seem to feel entitled to it. Were you ever really close, family-wise? It would never in a million years occur to me to go to my aunts for money, and if I did, I can't see being mad if they refuse. It's not like they are responsible for me.

I've had literal strangers helping me when I was in dire situation. I expected a modicum of human compassion from the aunt, and I was blown off in a very rude manner. Once again, complete strangers helped me - but my aunts, who are my family - did not. To add an insult to an injury, the aunt gave me a lecture about how life is "hard" in Germany.

2) Are you sure you get 50% of the proceeds if the house is foreclosed on because you aren't paying your share of the property tax? Could your aunts argue that you forfeited your share of the house? Are you legally entitled to both not pay the taxes, and collect proceeds from a sale?

A small amount of proceeds from the sale will be set apart for the back taxes, no more than two or maybe three per cent. I can make a very nice profit from this.

Also, the third option is that the aunts actually wise up, sell their house in Zagreb and use the money to pay me out for my half of Bruno's house, keeping the house and ultimately getting rid of me. This is also a good option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

To add an insult to an injury, the aunt gave me a lecture about how life is "hard" in Germany.

OK, yeah. That would piss me off, too. If you don't want to help me, because you just don't care, or because you're selfish and it's more important to get the leather seat upgrade in your new car or whatever, fine. It's your money. Own your decision, though. Don't try to make yourself into a victim when we both know better.

A small amount of proceeds from the sale will be set apart for the back taxes, no more than two or maybe three per cent. I can make a very nice profit from this.

Also, the third option is that the aunts actually wise up, sell their house in Zagreb and use the money to pay me out for my half of Bruno's house, keeping the house and ultimately getting rid of me. This is also a good option.

It sounds like the third option is the best option for you. Do you have any idea what your half might be worth? I remember Bruno's place being a total teardown. I assume it's value is pretty much all in the land.