Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

I've got to be honest, I'm really surprised only one person commented on yesterday's Nancy.

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Pluggers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Wanamingo posted:

Nancy

I've got to be honest, I'm really surprised only one person commented on yesterday's Nancy.

Sometimes it's so obvious that it feels like Gilchrist is setting us up

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Only a Plugger would think of Wall Drugs as a vacation destination.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Wanamingo posted:

Nancy

Sometimes when the disgust is too great, the words don't come.

As for today's...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqxWOJTovOE

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (July 7, 1951)

Barnaby (December 12, 1942)

Nancy (August 21, 1943)

Wash Tubbs (May 4, 1929)

Gasoline Alley (May 19, 1923)

Barney Google (May 20, 1922)

Alley Oop (August 19, 1933)

Lil' Abner (January 16, 1937)

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Really hoping that he's actually on the level, so all the GoComics crowd will get thrown for a loop.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

Green Intern posted:

Really hoping that he's actually on the level, so all the GoComics crowd will get thrown for a loop.

quote:

Soon to be known as the school of hard knox.

quote:

Somebody likes him. A new experience for Les. (However I wonder if there was more than $37 in the jar).

quote:

If you go back and look at yesterday’s ‘toon, you’ll see that there was more than $37.

I am hoping that Prudence is not as naive as she seems to be here. After all, she’s from the ‘Big City’…

quote:

I’ve got a feeling she’s onto Knox, and is trying to give him a ‘graceful’ way to be turn honest.

quote:

“Con-Sequences”
“Stolen Moments”
“A Jarring Experience”
“Sweeten The Pot”
“Turn A Brow Upside Down”
“Brow Sugar”
“Dear And Tickle Season”
“Reverse Reverse Reverse Psychology”
“A Jack Of All Spades…And Schoolmaster Of None”
“Tickled Ears, Pickled Tears”
“Between A Rockford And A Hardcastle (with a dash of McCormick)”
“The Wolf Who Cried ‘Boy, Oh Boy!’ "
or
“A Lot Of Baggage For A Guilt Trip”

fort knox

quote:

You ain’t old enough yet, Donald, to have your own car… and no, your parents ain’t gone chauffeur you.

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost
I Wish I Were Gary Larson, or, Foolish Mortals

Curse of the Undead! or, Scary Gary

Moving. Spiritually enriching. Sublime. “High” art, or, Gasoline Alley

Don’t get mad at the government. They’re flat broke. All the money in the Comics Kingdom gets funneled to that bastard Rex Morgan and his hellchilde.

Phoebe and her Unicorn, or, Heavenly Nostrils

Descent into Madness, or, Ziggy

Ye Olde Fox Trot

Best Comic in the Thread, or, Cul de Sac

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Odonata posted:

Moving. Spiritually enriching. Sublime. “High” art, or, Gasoline Alley

Because real gold of any thickness would be an extravagance on what is already a hella heavy thing for an obscenely ancient person to wave around. Now stop scratching the gold leaf off that low density wood.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set is just checking so it doesn't make a fool of itself.

Working Daze is back doing this.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix should have gone before we left.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
I just caught up with this thread, and I'm a little late with this, but I want to say how heartbreaking it is to hear about Richard Thompson's passing. He really was an amazingly talented man, and the world is poorer for losing him.

Is the guy in the last panel supposed to sound sarcastic? The look on his face tells me he's not being sincere.

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011
If you could literally murder a comic strip I would murder Working Daze, plead guilty, and gladly spend the rest of my life in prison.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze is back doing this.

"I gotta catch all these pokemon in this one, dark room within which I stand motionless; I am playing a game well-known for forcing people out into the great outdoors but the comic writer sees no problem with this setup"

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I would choose Mark Trail Nancy and use the trial to champion euthanasia.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Command Ant posted:

Is the guy in the last panel supposed to sound sarcastic? The look on his face tells me he's not being sincere.

That's Mark, and probably not, the art is just poo poo.

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!

painynumbs posted:

If you could literally murder a comic strip I would murder Working Daze, plead guilty, and gladly spend the rest of my life in prison.

I'd only serve up to 20 years. Worth it.

Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

Outbursts of Everett True

And He Did.

Guess If They Are Married!

Tom reads too much Nancy.

Good Time Guy (click for big)

Gross Exaggerations (click for big)

The Gay Thirties (November 1934)

Mopsy

They’ll Do It Everytime (October 1939)

Feiffer (click for big)

Jaf

Wee Pals (click for big) (August 1970)

Mr. Tweedy

Andy Capp (click for big)

Slammy fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Jul 31, 2016

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Is garlic breath not a real thing or am I just a gross savage who probably reeks of onion? It comes in up in Rose is a Rose too but I've never heard anyone talk about it in life.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I can't think of anyone I know who would care and is under 50.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

The rare back-to-back bulge-eye frames.

I do hate you, you know.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

Sam seems surprised that anyone would give a permit to that firetrap.

9 Chickweed Lane

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane
Brooke, and therefore this character, is totally the kind of person who would kiss with their eyes open.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

This is a reference to Barry Goldwater.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

*FOR THE DON WHO WALKS

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

These are a couple of the friendliest and most understanding mobsters I think I've seen.

And a seriously missed opportunity to kidnap Sarah and to demand a king's (or demon child's) ransom.

Sadly such a story line would not result in the Morgans losing everything they own just to pay for getting the wonderkind back; some total strange would probably give them the eleventy-billion that they needed, plus a bonus on top of that to make up for the trauma.

But a storyline with Rex and June debating whether to pay the ransom and live the rest of their lives with Sarah in poverty or to keep the cash & fuckiit with the kid would have been fun.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Julet Esqu posted:

Radio Patrol

So the banker is named Yenom and his secretary is Miss Type. Guess someone didn't feel like putting much effort into creating names that day...

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I only skim by it for the most part but...they have been on that plane in 9CL for about a month now it feels like. I'd say these characters are the worst but then I'd have to remember the original main characters and that's a bad idea. I wonder if any of his so called fans are annoyed he seems to have dropped the others for these two wads? But he disabled comments iirc so who would ever know?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Selachian posted:

Rhymes with Orange

Good timing.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I hope someone is keeping a list of all poorly-timed comic strips.

Does anyone remember the Sally Forth one?

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Good Listener posted:

I only skim by it for the most part but...they have been on that plane in 9CL for about a month now it feels like. I'd say these characters are the worst but then I'd have to remember the original main characters and that's a bad idea. I wonder if any of his so called fans are annoyed he seems to have dropped the others for these two wads? But he disabled comments iirc so who would ever know?

And the guy's been wearing that roll neck jumper and trench coat for the entire month, as well.

The obsession with an airplane toilet is :psyduck:

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

Good Listener posted:

He went and did an arc about Nazi loving for... what, two years? This is child's play as Brooke tangents go.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Ms Boods posted:

And the guy's been wearing that roll neck jumper and trench coat for the entire month, as well.

The obsession with an airplane toilet is :psyduck:

Honestly, you could swap in Edda and Amos for these two and you'd barely have to change anything.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

Selachian posted:

Honestly, you could swap in Edda and Amos for these two and you'd barely have to change anything.

That's because he only has about three jokes, and they all have the same punchline, so the characters are irrelevant.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
And now, everything I managed to squeeze in before imgur started flaking out...again...

Peanuts (August 3, 1969)

Funky Death's Icy Gripbean

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

Modesty Blaise

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Selachian posted:

So the banker is named Yenom and his secretary is Miss Type. Guess someone didn't feel like putting much effort into creating names that day...

The dog is named Irish, and is a (fairly well-drawn) Irish Setter.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Foxtrot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Just what is the kid in the front row watching?

• Locked thread