Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Freaking Ningens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Pilaf and Co made the youth wish right before Piccolo bit the dust, became literal babies

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

El Burbo posted:

Pilaf and Co made the youth wish right before Piccolo bit the dust, became literal babies

Wait, when in the timeline was this? Trunks is there so it's post-Frieza but I don't remember Piccolo dying between Frieza and fusing with Kami.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Wait, when in the timeline was this? Trunks is there so it's post-Frieza but I don't remember Piccolo dying between Frieza and fusing with Kami.

The future timeline, Android Murder time

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

ImpAtom posted:

This should be Future Trunks timeline.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

This should be Future Trunks timeline.

Ooooh. okay. That makes a lot more sense.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
~Shenron babies, he made their wish come true~

Seeing a series like Dragonball even bother explaining continuity is silly and I love it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
So that explains future mai and further explains not using dragonballs for androids stuff, amazing

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Dope episode, also Black totally means "mortals" every time he says ningen.

Oh and Krillin and 18 are the best.

18 spent all her screentime teasing Trunks, it was basically all I could have asked for. Trunks seeing her, Krillin, and Marron as one happy family was great too. :3:

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
omg when will the subs come ouuuutt i really gotta see this episode.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

18 playfully asking Trunks to pay for pain and damages from the death of her alternate self is amazing. Super has the best character interactions.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Lupus Rufus posted:

omg when will the subs come ouuuutt i really gotta see this episode.

:same:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Majinfoose posted:

18 playfully asking Trunks to pay for pain and damages from the death of her alternate self is amazing. Super has the best character interactions.

The only bad thing is that it made me even more annoyed that Videl became such a nothing character, 18 is in a similar position that she's a warrior that's now a housewife but she oozes character! Sucks that Videl is just kinda there.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
On who Black is

I don't think the cast is thinking 4 dimensionally. Zanmasu is Black but it's not the Zanmasu they've met, it's the one hardened by 30 years of hating mortals and deciding to take things into his own hands.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Dragon Ball Super is the best show because it's basically the ultimate fanfic.

And yeah, I agree that everyone isn't thinking 4th dimensionally at all. This meeting probably created Goku Black.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I mean logically, the Goku Black of Future Trunks's time and the theoretical Goku Black of the 'normal' timeline are totally separate individuals in the same way that Trunks will never become Future Trunks but started from the same origin point.

But Goku is never going to understand time stuff that complex so hopefully Bulma or Trunks or Whis or someone else who's thinking with alternate timelines in mind figures it out.

After all, they dealt with this sort of thing before. Killing Cell before he was born in the present, but still having to deal with the time-traveling one.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

So we can assume that in the Future Trunks timeline Zamasu will eventually become Black and go to the seventh universe and take Goku's body after learning he's the greatest warrior off-hand and just become a fight-loving mortal killer, but in our regular Super timeline he already is gonna be different because he's already met Goku, already knows what he's capable of to some degree. This means that all timelines are connected between universes, so the Future Trunks timeline isn't isolated to Universe 7 but all universes are time-connected, so if we assume Black Goku has killed mortals in other universes before reaching Future Trunks' Earth then it stands to reason that stopping him now will make the current timeline better for every single universe.

Holey Moley that's a way to escalate from having a planet's population being killed.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Black seems way more sadistic and fight-happy than Zamasu though.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

Black seems way more sadistic and fight-happy than Zamasu though.

Zamasu probably just started getting corrupted as yellow dude mentioned, I bet with enough black tea swirls he'll become a sadistic fight-happy Black Goku in a few more years.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I did not at all get the impression that the older kaioshin is causing zamasu to be an rear end in a top hat

I think zamasu is just an rear end in a top hat

like judging from herms' summary zamasu is already on the verge of "gently caress mortals" and his master is trying to talk sense into him

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jul 31, 2016

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I do wonder if the end game is Zamasu and Black are going to use the earring to merge?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Blockhouse posted:

I did not at all get the impression that the older kaioshin is causing zamasu to be an rear end in a top hat

like judging from herms' summary zamasu is already on the verge of "gently caress mortals" and his master is trying to talk sense into him

Zamasu is very "i hate mortals, they're just idiots" and then his fight with Goku pushes him to add "and they can be dangerously powerful if left unchecked" which is not a positive change

I honestly don't know where things go from here though. the plan still seems to be returning with Trunks to the future timeline and defeating Black there, but that leaves present Zamasu to be dealt with too and gives him time to start doing some bad stuff while everyone's preoccupied

i wonder if this is going to tie into the multidimensional tournament arc, with Zamasu posessing someone other than Goku and entering it with the goal of killing the strongest warriors from across every universe? would be a pretty dragonbally thing to do

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i'm glad Super makes lower forms useful by just having Goku use whatever form makes him even with his opponent for maximum fightmanning

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Blockhouse posted:

There's this one bit where the older kaioshin got a super shady look and thought to himself "lets see how much the corruption extends from fighting this mortal" or something like that, meaning he's aware of Zamasu's jerkness, but that combined with everyone going "the ki is similar but not quite the same" and Goku's "he didn't seem That bad, yet?" makes me think Zamasu has some kind of black corruption curse going on and the yellow man is "helping" him be nicer but really just feeding that corruption without Zamasu knowing.

Wouldn't be too shocked that defeating Black Goku leads to discovering that the culprit is either the Black ki itself after hopping bodies somehow or that the yellow man stole Zamasu's power thanks to the corruption and then took Goku's corpse for reasons, and whichever ends up being the case will lead to the whole gang going back to Universe 10 to try and stop the problem before it gets too strong.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Not even close, there.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I want to feel betrayed by the speedsubs I saw but I feel more like I willingly drove a car to a lake by GPS suggestions.

I think i'll stop with the speedsubs and wait 'till the morning after from this point on, things are gonna get real complicated with timelines and bad rushed subs will drastically change stuff.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Typically you should just wait for Pafu Subs (Batman is doing stuff for them atm because Ken Xyro is moving or something) if you don't want to wait a year for Dragon Team

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

It's still gonna be translated as humans even if it's obvious it's referring to all mortals now, huh?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Aurora posted:

Typically you should just wait for Pafu Subs (Batman is doing stuff for them atm because Ken Xyro is moving or something) if you don't want to wait a year for Dragon Team

Thanks, didn't know Xyro was out (honestly i dug Batman's typesetting way more, a plain font is the best)

Okay the episode is way different than what I saw, no corruption or anything, just Zamasu is a big jerk and will probably keep being a jerk until he's Black.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Though all instances of Human should be replaced by mortal in pafu.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Zamasu should take a trip to Namek. That'd chill him out

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

I can't believe this guy was Zamasu the whole time.

Majinfoose posted:

Highlight of the episode for sure.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
That was definitely a great episode. And yeah I don't think the yellow kaioshin is corrupting Zamasu at all. Dude was already being like yo gently caress mortals. I mean end of episode of we see the black tea swirl and dude is like already thinking of Goku in a negative way.

So that leaves us with the time rings. So I'm safe to assume that everyone is thinking Zamasu basically used the ring to go to an alternate time to kidnap Goku and force him into a fusion with the ear rings.

Cuz at first i"m like maybe he used Goku's dead body but that can't be considering how much time passed and Goku's body would rotting like hell by now.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
So when the gods refer to "humans" like Goku is that just a bad translation? I assume they mean something like "mortals"?

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Yeah, yellow Kaiohshin (Gawosu?) didn't seem evil to me either.

So was anybody else expecting him to mention King Enma when he said who's the only one who can judge mortals?

18's scene was great :3:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Rirse posted:

I do wonder if the end game is Zamasu and Black are going to use the earring to merge?

By the rules of Time Cop this would make the universe explode.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Rutibex posted:

So when the gods refer to "humans" like Goku is that just a bad translation? I assume they mean something like "mortals"?

They use "ningen" for mortals, yeah. IIRC, at any time the series wants to refer to humans in particular, it uses "chikyuujin"/"Earthling".

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Rutibex posted:

"Ningen" literally means "human" or "person" and in this context it's pretty obviously means "people, that are not gods" and the easiest way to convey that as a single word in English would be "mortal". But translators seem to be getting hung up on the fact that in a normal conversation between two real people it would never be used to mean "mortal", when they're translating a conversation between space aliens and space gods.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Blaze Dragon posted:

They use "ningen" for mortals, yeah. IIRC, at any time the series wants to refer to humans in particular, it uses "chikyuujin"/"Earthling".

Gruckles posted:

"Ningen" literally means "human" or "person" and in this context it's pretty obviously means "people, that are not gods" and the easiest way to convey that as a single word in English would be "mortal". But translators seem to be getting hung up on the fact that in a normal conversation between two real people it would never be used to mean "mortal", when they're translating a conversation between space aliens and space gods.

Ah ok that makes a lot of sense! I was a little confused by some of Blacks dialog, and obviously referring to Goku as a human. I wondered why Black cared about wiping out life on Earth specifically, when he didn't seem particularly familiar with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I don't think he forced a son goku into fusing with him. He's all like so you're son goku as if it's the first time he ever met one.

• Locked thread