Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

beverly has nothing on sea breeze

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WYOmkYI6XE

IT'S BACK!

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gqv4hVK5bQ

New TIBAS

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

"Oh so it's a Charlie model"

"Yea, they've got Charlie and Dillum"

as great as all their bits are, nothing will ever top 'just saying a stupid name' for me

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Honestly thought these were both gonna be TIBaS. Glad to be wrong.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I get that GAC is just a vore outlet but god drat I love it

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
I think Dwight's gaining the weight that Justin's losing. :(

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I love you Griffin mcmouthroy

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

The Modern Leper posted:

I think Dwight's gaining the weight that Justin's losing. :(

you found out the secret plot to TIBAS, it's just Justin's weight Dorian Grey Painting.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

PBS Newshour posted:

I love you Griffin mcmouthroy
Saw this gif posted in the Steven Universe thread and was instantly transported to Griffin's virtual world

Sushi in Yiddish fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jul 29, 2016

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Chuck's got some great stage presence already I'd say.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I liked the presence of the main theme as a leitmotif during the prophecy.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
People keep shamelessly ripping off the Dark Souls episode of Monster Factory and it's ticking me off!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a90MEIBI2iA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s7GXnX0lSM

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Guy Mann posted:

People keep shamelessly ripping off the Dark Souls episode of Monster Factory and it's ticking me off!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a90MEIBI2iA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s7GXnX0lSM

To be fair I'm pretty sure this sort of thing has been in Dark Souls fandom long before that video.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
I hope that Clint never stops trying to cast spells that are grossly beyond his caster level, not even on his spell list, or both. It's the best.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Poopy Palpy posted:

I hope that Clint never stops trying to cast spells that are grossly beyond his caster level, not even on his spell list, or both. It's the best.

I hope Clint just starts to use spells from other tabletop games books.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Why limit it to tabletop? "I cast Din's Fire!"

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

IF you like stories about a day in the life of Clint McElroy, the latest CoolGames Inc. has a really good one.

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!
Pretty much the greatest Clint story... I was laughing and shaking my head so drat much.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Him gassing himself with cat litter or getting hit by a car while carrying cold cuts are both way better

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Him gassing himself with cat litter or getting hit by a car while carrying cold cuts are both way better

The one where he slices his butt open on a screen window and they have to duct-tape a maxi-pad to his butt is my favorite

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Clint might be my favorite brother

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
oh god now I need to go re-listen to those Clint stories. Does anyone have the episode numbers on those???

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

the cold cuts flying everywhere story being compared to a mafia hit in a movie or whatever was genuinely one of the funniest things in the show and I can't even remember when it was.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Tatum Girlparts posted:

the cold cuts flying everywhere story being compared to a mafia hit in a movie or whatever was genuinely one of the funniest things in the show and I can't even remember when it was.

Ep 109, Flapjack Nickelsack. They probably talk about it in a few episodes but there's a ton of Clint stories right at the beginning of this one.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
That's the one with "hat-wearing geekaboy" as well

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

I'd no joke love to hear them all do a sort of McElroy memoirs sort of thing where they just endlessly poo poo on each other growing up. I know there was one MBMBAM episode sorta like that, but getting Clint in on it would probably make it a ton better

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Coffee And Pie posted:

That's the one with "hat-wearing geekaboy" as well

which he yelled, quietly, from inside the car with the windows up, because we're Baptist

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I've just started listening to MBMBaM and I'm about 45 episodes back now but I'm suddenly concerned I'm going in the wrong direction. Should I start at the beginning? Is it always amazing or did it take them a while?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's a little rough in the beginning, but I think they found their flow relatively quickly. I'd say when they were picked up by MaxFun is when they reach their usual quality.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Asiina posted:

I've just started listening to MBMBaM and I'm about 45 episodes back now but I'm suddenly concerned I'm going in the wrong direction. Should I start at the beginning? Is it always amazing or did it take them a while?

I went through the old episodes backwards too when I started and to me it really doesn't matter. Running jokes only show up for 2 or 3 eps at most. I feel you can really start anywhere in whatever direction or random, there's not a plot going on except their life stuff like moving/weddings/baby. So however much you care about that I guess.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

You've got to listen to it from the beginning. You will miss out on some of the classic touchstones of the franchise like Hey Jeffrey, walnut pleasure, and the ABBA song.

MBMBAM is very good very quickly. There's only a small handful I would call clunkers out of like three hundred episodes now.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Asiina posted:

I think doing the most recent 50 and then jumping to the very beginning and working forward is a great way to go, I'm doing it now.

The alternative is going full-on Benjamin Button, with the show just imperceptibly get rougher until one day you wake up listening to ABBA and the McElroys saying uncomfortable things about transgendered people.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
I tried listening to all the MBMBAM episodes in reverse order and I gave up a little after episode 100.
It may be just me but as you go back I noticed a gradual decrease in jokes and an increase in extremely boring, serious reader questions that the brothers try to answer seriously for god knows what reason.
Over time I think Travis got better at picking questions that they could goof on, because thankfully after a certain point up to today the episodes are funny all the way through.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

dijon du jour posted:

I tried listening to all the MBMBAM episodes in reverse order and I gave up a little after episode 100.
It may be just me but as you go back I noticed a gradual decrease in jokes and an increase in extremely boring, serious reader questions that the brothers try to answer seriously for god knows what reason.
Over time I think Travis got better at picking questions that they could goof on, because thankfully after a certain point up to today the episodes are funny all the way through.

Different strokes, I guess. The first episode has the question about the guy whose friend moved across the country and was relying on him for social interaction. First time I had trouble breathing listening to the show, right out the gate

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Okay I'll finish what I already have downloaded, which is going back to 270 then I'll start at the beginning.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

The one thing that was better in the early episodes was the brothers' opinions about furries.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
There's an episode with Lin manuel miranda guesting, you might want to track that one down as well.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Luckily, jugglers have not gotten it as easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

chaos rhames posted:

There's an episode with Lin manuel miranda guesting, you might want to track that one down as well.

Funnily enough, this was the first one I listened to because my friend suggested it, but I had no idea about Lin being in it or who he was.

After that, I listened to all the ones after it, then went back to episode one to listen straight through, while listening to new ones as they came out.