Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gregday
May 23, 2003

Fox Ironic posted:

Survey #6: Female Holocaust survivor from New York. Used to be a Republican, but voted for Obama. Is voting for Clinton. Compared Trump to Hitler.

Yikes.

Waiting for Trump to attack her and then inform that he has never even met Hitler.

gregday fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jul 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Its weird to realize that out of all of the self-serving sons of bitches in the GOP powerbase, Lindsey loving Graham is the one who turned out to have some integrity

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Its weird to realize that out of all of the self-serving sons of bitches in the GOP powerbase, Lindsey loving Graham is the one who turned out to have some integrity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqbZEWhckis

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Xandu posted:

He's not lying

I love him.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Fox Ironic posted:

Surveys have slowed down a bit, but I have three more for you:

Survey #5: African American woman in Pennsylvania. Mildly Socially Conservative Democrat, voting for Clinton.

Survey #6: Female Holocaust survivor from New York. Used to be a Republican, but voted for Obama. Is voting for Clinton. Compared Trump to Hitler.

Survey #7: Young Cuban guy from Florida, wanted Rubio, will probably vote for Johnson (leaning Trump in the two-way). Plans to cross the aisle to vote for Charlie Crist for his Representative. Socially Liberal. Set off my gaydar.

It's cool how one of the most consistent groups of people calling Trump Hitler are Holocaust survivors

e: for sources of this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...65ce_story.html
http://www.rawstory.com/2016/03/holocaust-survivor-horrified-by-trumps-heil-hitler-salute-hes-asking-them-to-swear-allegiance-to-him/
http://www.newsweek.com/holocaust-memorial-day-anne-frank-refugee-crisis-donald-trump-420312
https://www.yahoo.com/news/hitler-trump-comparisons-fair-holocaust-survivor-tells-son-180050792.html
http://www.mininggazette.com/page/content.detail/id/553093/Holocaust-survivors--Trump-s-like-Hitler.html?nav=5093

But Rocks Hurt Head fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jul 31, 2016

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

I'll say something controversial, but i honestly feel bad for graham. yeah he has poo poo awful opinions and neo-con bullshit. but to me it always seemed like how heavy and lovely the cost would be.(which i guess is a positive.) anyway I think he realizes his party is hosed and he and his lovely friends have sold their souls party to the hard right/alt right/tea party. and he has lived long enough to see the end.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

yeah i know, i just don't see any trump-supporting evangelicals deciding that THIS is the straw that breaks the camel's back, if only he had been nicer to that fire marshal he would still have their votes

I think you underestimate how much having a personality or personal connection to a candidate sways some voters. If you look at Iowa caucuses people vote based on handshakes. For a place like CO Springs that is strongly republican but probably extremely on the fence about Trump they were probably looking for him to personally express some degree of Christian charity not insult their community leader.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
trump don't even bow to jesus or god

i heard their jews anywhays

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

weekly font posted:

New Hampshire is not safe D.

We're actually in a situation where if Hillary can't carry a single other swing state we get President Paul Ryan.

This will probably not happen.

If there's a tie, we'll either get President Trump, Acting President Pence, or Acting President Kaine on Inauguration Day.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jul 31, 2016

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I'll say something controversial, but i honestly feel bad for graham. yeah he has poo poo awful opinions and neo-con bullshit. but to me it always seemed like how heavy and lovely the cost would be.(which i guess is a positive.) anyway I think he realizes his party is hosed and he and his lovely friends have sold their souls party to the hard right/alt right/tea party. and he has lived long enough to see the end.

I had a friend who met Lindsey Graham on a flight to Cleveland for the convention and said he was a surprisingly cool dude

Like, he still has toxic and terrible ideas, but I can kind of admire a guy who comes by his bullshit honestly

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

i know he didn't endorse trump but if he really thinks it's truly unacceptable, trump's his leader now and there's nothing he can do about it short of ditching the party

remaining in the GOP counts as accepting it, no one is holding a gun to his head and keeping him in it

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
I googled Holocaust Survivor Trump and there are over a dozen distinct stories of Holocaust survivors making the Trump / Hitler comparison

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Dapper_Swindler posted:

This but instead of making me feel bad for him it makes me extremely aroused to know that he and his ilk spend every remaining day of their lives knowing that they failed bigly

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Bip Roberts posted:

I think you underestimate how much having a personality or personal connection to a candidate sways some voters. If you look at Iowa caucuses people vote based on handshakes. For a place like CO Springs that is strongly republican but probably extremely on the fence about Trump they were probably looking for him to personally express some degree of Christian charity not insult their community leader.

Someone mentioned earlier, but not only are fightfighters a big deal in Colorado, they are a SUPER big deal in Colorado Springs. The town has been on the verge of annihilation from forest fires at least twice in the last decade.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I had a friend who met Lindsey Graham on a flight to Cleveland for the convention and said he was a surprisingly cool dude

Like, he still has toxic and terrible ideas, but I can kind of admire a guy who comes by his bullshit honestly

yeah, I think he genuinely wants to help the middle east and knows how awful and bloody it would be. I dont agree with him at all, but i think he comes from a better place then say cruz or trump.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

i know he didn't endorse trump but if he really thinks it's truly unacceptable, trump's his leader now and there's nothing he can do about it short of ditching the party

remaining in the GOP counts as accepting it, no one is holding a gun to his head and keeping him in it

How is that logic any different from BernieBros saying they are gonna vote independent because gently caress Hillary?

If you sincerely believe in the ideas of something, you stay and fight for them. I think Graham realizes the GOP is bigger than Trump and if/when Trump loses, there is gonna be an opportunity to swing the party away from the explicit white supremacists.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Fox Ironic posted:

*extremely Trump voice*

I like the ones who didn't survive, OK?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

I googled Holocaust Survivor Trump and there are over a dozen distinct stories of Holocaust survivors making the Trump / Hitler comparison

Please don't compare them, because Hitler was a decorated war hero while trump was draft dodger.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Joementum posted:

*extremely Trump voice*

I like the ones who didn't survive, OK?

Makes you think who she could have made a deal with to survive doesn't it?

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

etalian posted:

Please don't compare them, because Hitler was a decorated war hero while trump was draft dodger.

But Trump fought valiantly in the STD-Wars of the 70's

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Colorado Springs is basically Jesus land and people in Jesus land don't like rich new yorkers with 3 wives.

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
Graham wants Trump to lose massively so that the establishment, which he's part of, can take back the reins of the party. At some point after Trump (presumably) does lose he will be bitterly disappointed when the establishment effectively dies and endorses the Zodiac, but that's four years from now.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Has Trumps draft dodging been A Thing yet? I can't keep track anymore

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

How is that logic any different from BernieBros saying they are gonna vote independent because gently caress Hillary?

If you sincerely believe in the ideas of something, you stay and fight for them. I think Graham realizes the GOP is bigger than Trump and if/when Trump loses, there is gonna be an opportunity to swing the party away from the explicit white supremacists.

he also hates cruz and most of the tea party nuts too.

Adar posted:

Graham wants Trump to lose massively so that the establishment, which he's part of, can take back the reins of the party. At some point after Trump (presumably) does lose he will be bitterly disappointed when the establishment effectively dies and endorses the Zodiac, but that's four years from now.

maybe. it think it be either zodiac or Kashic. or maybe trump again.

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx
Survey #8: Another Ohio voter, Middle Aged White dude. College dropout. Works in Construction. Plans on writing in "No Confidence" for the entire ballot. Hates Trump with a fiery passion, but thinks Clinton is awful too. Lukewarm on Obama, but overall in approval. Really concerned with job creation. Thinks John Kasich would've been a great President.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

William Bear posted:

Trump: Khan. Khan, you've won Hillary the presidency. But you don't have me! You're going to kill me, Khan. You're going to have to come down here. You're going to have to come down here.
Khan: I've done far worse than kill you... I've hurt you. And I wish to go on hurting you. I shall leave you as you left me, as you left my son... marooned for all eternity in the annals of political losers. A loser... a loser...
Trump: KHAAAAAAAAAN!! KHAAAAAAAAAN!!

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Cruz is going to be interesting because even though Graham refuses to endorse Trump, Cruz is the only one who went out of his way to sabotage Trump.

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

It's times like this where I'm glad trump was unleashed on the Republican party.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Jewel Repetition posted:

I'm pretty sure they will write books about it though.

poo poo, I'll spend more money on books about this campaign than any previous one except maybe Nixon's first Presidential win.

Hopefully I'll be spending it because of the hilarity and not as a show of loyalty to King Donald I Trump.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Despera posted:

Colorado Springs is basically Jesus land and people in Jesus land don't like rich new yorkers with 3 wives.

actually i think you're going to find that every "jesus land" in the country actually loves trump now because they actually just hate liberals

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

etalian posted:

Both jacked up on amphetamines tho

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Cruz is going to be interesting because even though Graham refuses to endorse Trump, Cruz is the only one who went out of his way to sabotage Trump.

Assuming Trump loses he is absolutely the massive odds on 2020 GOP favorite. His main challengers so far look like Kasich (incompetent when he ran this time), Ryan (almost Jeb-level overrated) and one of a handful of alt-rightists who won't have Trump's appeal because Trump lost.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

evilweasel posted:

actually i think you're going to find that every "jesus land" in the country actually loves trump now because they actually just hate liberals

With the possible exception of Mormon country

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Prof. Lurker posted:

It's times like this where I'm glad trump was unleashed on the Republican party.

oh I agree. He is putting the fear of God into them and they HAVE to change after this election or else. if not it opens the door for a smarter alt-right nutter or more tea party nuts.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

evilweasel posted:

That's not true in Utah at large and he'll have problems with Colorado Mormons and evangelicals for the same reasons. It's not a problem for Trump in Utah because he can get 40% and have Johnson get 30%. If he loses an extra 5% of the republican vote in Colorado he's done.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

evilweasel posted:

Except for the Mormons, who seem to uniformly detest the man.

Edit: Yeah, wow. Pretty much everyone's already made that point.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The obvious nightmare scenario here is that Clinton beats Trump by provoking him and goading him into more and more outrageous positions and never actually address the economic discontent that accounted for the (non-racist half of) Trump's success, and 4 years and a mild recession later, Ted loving Cruz comes in and cleans up in 2020.

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

DaveWoo posted:

With the possible exception of Mormon country

Say what you want about Mormons, but they are fairly tolerant of outsider's worldviews. Comes with the whole "getting unfairly labelled a cult" thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

The obvious nightmare scenario here is that Clinton beats Trump by provoking him and goading him into more and more outrageous positions and never actually address the economic discontent that accounted for the (non-racist half of) Trump's success, and 4 years and a mild recession later, Ted loving Cruz comes in and cleans up in 2020.

I guess if you're super realpolitik about keeping Republicans out of the white house you'll want a very close election where Trump could plausibly have won so that his platform is not rejected outright and some of the true believers stick around in the party.

• Locked thread