Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
This kill thing is about as fun to hear about every two seconds as fantasy points

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
Nevermind, that play was amazing

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

5-man fountain diving was worth it though.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
I think NRG will be okay in the promotion tournament. TLA/Echo Fox seem to probably be the two weaker teams out of the five.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
why did riv just say hornswaggle

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
The best part about that game was watching DLift's kills constantly getting stolen by Casseopeia poison

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Sion seems like a good support and I don't see how he could be any worse than Trundle in terms of low econ CC bot. I think a lot of his bases are solid and durations on his CC are good.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Lovechop posted:

why did riv just say hornswaggle

riv has really been in rare form this season.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Libertine posted:

Sion seems like a good support and I don't see how he could be any worse than Trundle in terms of low econ CC bot. I think a lot of his bases are solid and durations on his CC are good.

Support Sion is pretty squishy if you don't get him rolling early since he has horrible base HP.. He's a lot easier to poke down than Trundle too since he doesn't have any sustain built in.

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Libertine posted:

I've logged in over 100 Sion games this split and he has seemed pretty broken in whatever role I played him in. I'm surprised that he hasn't seen that much pro play.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

vel'koz on the rift

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

YancyQ posted:

I've logged in over 100 Sion games this split and he has seemed pretty broken in whatever role I played him in. I'm surprised that he hasn't seen that much pro play.

Terrible base stats means that he'd just get lane swapped on and be unable to do his job in the midgame.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
C9 might be really good in the no lane swap meta with the way Impact has been playing lately.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Trinity Force Ekko?

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Killed By Death posted:

Trinity Force Ekko?

... Why? WHY TL! WHY!?

Also, just realized gentleman gnar's boomerang is his pocket watch.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Killed By Death posted:

Trinity Force Ekko?

It's the popular build now. Builds tanks afterwords so he can dive squishies and then hang around being annoying.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
Support's flash for inhib tower - nice trade TL.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

I'm starting to feel sad for Fenix. He's getting his head caved in.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Calax posted:

I'm starting to feel sad for Fenix. He's getting his head caved in.

To be fair the casters are right in that he did help bring it on himself by bringing Ghost instead of Cleanse.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

And so far it's been proven that Trinity tank Ekko is a stupid stupid build.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

well that was a loving stomp

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Darduck on on Sejuani :barf:

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Calax posted:

And so far it's been proven that Trinity tank Ekko is a stupid stupid build.

Eh it's been popping up in Korea for a little bit before now. I'm not entirely convinced by it but it's not like this game is indicative of its overall performance.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Killed By Death posted:

Trinity Force Ekko?

Triforce ekko is the norm. It's been big in Korea and performing very well

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Crazy Larry posted:

Eh it's been popping up in Korea for a little bit before now. I'm not entirely convinced by it but it's not like this game is indicative of its overall performance.

True... And I did laugh that the entire analyst desk went after TL and others who've been seeing picks pop up in LCK but not understanding why they're picked.

A part of me can see the TF build because the only "bad" stat for Ekko on it is the atk power. But I feel like without having him in a situation to get ahead he's not going to be able to do much because he'll get behind. And the Sej on top of him only focused the issues because neither top nor jungle could apply enough pressure. Thus they got crushed.

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
C9 first-picked Ashe. TL's fate is sealed...

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Kashuno posted:

Triforce ekko is the norm. It's been big in Korea and performing very well
In my defence, before last week the vast majority of Ekkos were still going IBG.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Is... is leblanc meta again?

gently caress, worlds is gonna be Leblanc/Corki/Kog/lucien/mundo/rumble/Janna meta again isn't it?

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
Dardoch is really not having a good series so far.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Pull the trigger liquid!

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
That has to be at least five jungle monsters that C9 has walked up to and stolen from Dardoch while he's farming.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
kfo built trinity force botrk steraks and dies every time he gets looked at

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
C9 is losing every fight and is up 1k and a drake.

Edit: And then C9 gets an ace into Baron.

Action George fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Aug 1, 2016

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Jensen just punked TL jfc

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
lol TL throws the game by trying to 1v4 one by one instead of waiting 5 seconds and watching C9 back.

Edit: well I shouldn't say throw but C9 would have backed off and needed a few more minutes to end.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

exethan posted:

kfo built trinity force botrk steraks and dies every time he gets looked at

Bork should never follow Triforce I don't know why that build still persists, you can't survive any fight on any champion if that is your two item core.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Crazy Larry posted:

C9 might be really good in the no lane swap meta with the way Impact has been playing lately.

Sneaky being forced to 2v2 lane will drag them down, altho Smoothie is a much better laner than hai was its obvious that dude just does not like 2v2 laning.

Crazy Larry posted:

Dardoch is really not having a good series so far.

TL deciding they would rather have a much worse ADC so they can put more gold on Dardoch instead of just sometimes redistributing gold differently based on comp was just an incredible decision.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Sneaky has never struck me as a terrible laner by NA standards but that's always been the narrative around him for some reason. He's always had a weaker support partner than almost any top flight team he's played against and he's never been the weakest player in his lane or on his team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

Sneaky being forced to 2v2 lane will drag them down, altho Smoothie is a much better laner than hai was its obvious that dude just does not like 2v2 laning.

TL deciding they would rather have a much worse ADC so they can put more gold on Dardoch instead of just sometimes redistributing gold differently based on comp was just an incredible decision.

I think this more comes back to "the Keith effect" from last year, where Liquid would dominate with Kieth, but get crushed with piglet. With Fabyy and other's they're able to say "Dive hard" and for better or worse, that player will dive iwth the team. Piglet will say "Dude, this ain't gonna work" and walk away so that any minor chance they had to pull anything off is now gone because it's 4v5 with their most powerful player hanging out at base finding a BF sword. Admittedly the meta is going back to something that would Favor piglet (seemingly returning to a stylin AD carry meta with the lack of lane swaps) so Piglet might become the better player again for the team, but I don't think that Liquid can sub him back in at this point.

• Locked thread