Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

I'm worried about your donut consumption

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i had some p good hot black this mornin'

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Captain Foo posted:

i had some p good hot black this mornin'

post not about coffee, mods??????

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Maybe go to the gym at lunch

coffee, not donuts

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
I'm replacing my whole rig with an all-in-one unit and it's looking a little pricey but I think worth it since I'll use it at least every day. Which looks better—black, green, or blue?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000J3JFJU/

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Mad Wack posted:

whats your coffee strat for tomm?

im thinkin two iced cups at home, then a pot into the zojirushi to get me to 1... after that maybe dunkin donuts??? thots??

this plan was a mistake

Visual GNUdio
Aug 27, 2003

Visual GNUdio
Aug 27, 2003

Had time for one more before heading out the door this morning

While I'm posting dumb coffee crap, here's my voice-activated MQTT enabled WiFi connected PID controlled IoTea kettle. It's better than yours.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4PnNO5ktlI

build details if anyone cares

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

My final day of 'bux instant is over. It's not half bad actually. Turns out your don't need thousands of dollars of equipment to make coffee!

Visual GNUdio
Aug 27, 2003

maniacdevnull posted:

Turns out your don't need thousands of dollars of equipment to make coffee!

:rolleyes: this guy...

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
I was thinking about switching from tea to coffee, but then I decided I would rather max out my 401(k) contribution and take a vacation overseas instead.

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert

Visual GNUdio posted:

While I'm posting dumb coffee crap, here's my voice-activated MQTT enabled WiFi connected PID controlled IoTea kettle. It's better than yours.

Jesus Christ

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i had two mugsa hot black this morning and then just microwaved one this afternoon

might take a trip to the pot and see if there's anything left....

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Visual GNUdio posted:

wtf is all this just drink a coffee

why is this so difficult

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Visual GNUdio posted:

as always, i am impressed and frightened by your coffee-making situation :tipshat:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Visual GNUdio posted:

Is your name Gale and do you happen to operate a meth lab in New Mexico?

Visual GNUdio
Aug 27, 2003

bradzilla posted:

Is your name Gale and do you happen to operate a meth lab in New Mexico?

Nope but I did make this a while back:

so... maybe?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

:catstare:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
vacuum pots are hosed up and i wont be in the same room with one

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
"no officer im not making meth no im not a chemist im just trying to hey don't taze me bro ahhhhh"

EndlessRagdoll
May 20, 2016

I drank a Red Bull and I'm making GBS threads way harder than any coffee makes me. What a sham.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

that could be considered a feature

Visual GNUdio
Aug 27, 2003

Running out of beans so today is roasting day. Taking a break as I just burned the poo poo out of my arm due to my roaster being something of a POS when it comes to cooling (and thermometry, but that's another story).

My scrub-tier roasting station:

The roaster is a Behmor 1600 plus, which has the advantage of being inexpensive and... mostly nothing else really. The cooling process on this thing takes forever resulting in gross baked beans, so I've built this ghetto cooling setup:

The way the thing is built makes it nearly impossible to measure the temp of the beans, so I'm left to try to infer WTF is happening with the roast from a couple of thermometers ostensibly measuring the environmental temp and the exhaust temp. They create repeatable numbers, but those numbers are in some scale that nobody knows outside of not being degrees F or C.

All in all this way too much fuckin effort to justify the money saved by buying green beans instead of beans roasted by someone who actually knows what the hell they're doing (eg, not me).

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

p yospos setup imo

Also I had a BLACK ICEd today

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."
i had funkin gonuts today. i missed the moka.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Visual GNUdio posted:

Running out of beans so today is roasting day. Taking a break as I just burned the poo poo out of my arm due to my roaster being something of a POS when it comes to cooling (and thermometry, but that's another story).

The roaster is a Behmor 1600 plus, which has the advantage of being inexpensive and... mostly nothing else really. The cooling process on this thing takes forever resulting in gross baked beans, so I've built this ghetto cooling setup:

The way the thing is built makes it nearly impossible to measure the temp of the beans, so I'm left to try to infer WTF is happening with the roast from a couple of thermometers ostensibly measuring the environmental temp and the exhaust temp. They create repeatable numbers, but those numbers are in some scale that nobody knows outside of not being degrees F or C.

All in all this way too much fuckin effort to justify the money saved by buying green beans instead of beans roasted by someone who actually knows what the hell they're doing (eg, not me).

nice

I did a hot air popper roast I'm bringing to def con because Vegas is a land of poo poo coffee

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

at the date posted:

I can't bring myself to write exactly how I like my morning brew but involved are:

cream
sugar
water
Folger's instant coffee crystals

and an assortment of combinations of these things.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Visual GNUdio posted:

My roaster is a POS that does a pretty bad job of cooling the beans post-roast so I ginned up this horrible contraption

lol

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Visual GNUdio posted:

My roaster is a POS that does a pretty bad job of cooling the beans post-roast so I ginned up this horrible contraption

gettin ridgid looking at your setup :jackbud:

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
i had too much coffee

its four am

on the plus side i finished my grad school class

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Visual GNUdio posted:

what if you took the tray of hot beans and floated it in the bathtub? i bet that would cool things down

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Mad Wack posted:

i had too much coffee

its four am

on the plus side i finished my grad school class

Nothing to do but hail

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Drinking a TRader Joe sustainable kcup, but the coffee is weaker than my piss after my usual sludge intake

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I finish work at like 10am everyday so I've stopped grinding beans for work...I should treat myself tomorrow, with some freshly ground coffee.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I finish work at like 10am everyday so I've stopped grinding beans for work...I should treat myself tomorrow, with some freshly ground coffee.

That sounds like a pretty good idea

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

haveing coffee

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

currently drinking some dank dark poo poo that is the consistency of mud

:sludgepal:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

i had some cold brew over the weekend and ive been missing out for years and i have some apologies to make