Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Lol nope

E: Oh, the worst snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
There's only one bad Pokemon gen and its gen 4.

Seems kind of dumb the make a new game when your current one explodes on a regular basis.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Asked this before but didn't get a response: how will I know when my itunes refund went through? I think I may have not submitted it correctly because I haven't received any emails or anything.

Internet Kraken posted:

Seems kind of dumb the make a new game when your current one explodes on a regular basis.

Agreed on both.

Furnaceface posted:

Gen 2 was great in the sense that it had some good base pokemon, but the later games that gave them evos were way better. Weavile, Honchkrow, Mismagius, Yanmega, Ambipom, Gliscor, Mamoswine, and Togekiss are all amazing and some of my all time favorites.

Gen 2 did give us a bunch of pre-evos though and most of them were adorable as hell. :3:

The gen4 evolutions are a mixed bag aesthetically and a lot of the original pokemon introduced in gen4 look really dumb.

Pomplamoose fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Aug 1, 2016

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Touchdown Boy posted:

You might well be right, but are these families spending oodles of money? Because if not I doubt Niantic care how great they feel.
Bored housewives have spent about a billion dollars on Bejeweled and Candy Crush. I don't think you fully understand the economics and demographics of mobile "gaming".

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Bill Barber posted:

Bored housewives have spent about a billion dollars on Bejeweled and Candy Crush. I don't think you fully understand the economics and demographics of mobile "gaming".

Only turbo nerds, the same ones who torrent everything, even stuff they like, are the ones the company should care about!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yo that's super fake. it's literally a site reporting on a site reporting on a site reporting on a 404 link.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

The gen4 evolutions are a mixed bag aesthetically and a lot of the original pokemon introduced in gen4 look really dumb.

If you dont like Honchkrow then you are literally the worst pokefan ever. :colbert:

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

55CP Magikarp breaking free from 3 berried ultra ball curveball hits and then escaping.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

How did you find out? I sent a request about an hour ago and haven't gotten an email or anything.

itunes immediately told me something like 'The thing used to purchase has been refunded' Which means when my bank updates tomorrow, I can reconcile my account and make sure I got my money back.

And right away I got 2 automated do not reply emails saying:

Dear [Hrist]

Recently you reported an issue with Pokémon GO, 550 PokéCoins using iTunes Report a Problem. This email confirms that you have been issued a refund of $5.35 for this purchase.
Regards,
The App Store team

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Note to self: This one's the shitty one

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

55CP Magikarp breaking free from 3 berried ultra ball curveball hits and then escaping.

This has been happening way more than it used to and it's super frustrating.

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

Pokestats from Pokeadvisor

Level 33...

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

NME cites Hello Giggles which cites a hoax news site. Good work internet journalists.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Furnaceface posted:

If you dont like Honchkrow then you are literally the worst pokefan ever. :colbert:

Honchkrow doesn't look bad but it's still a step down from Murkrow. Also they lowered it's speed stat when it evolved. They did that with multiple gen4 evolutions and it makes no sense.

Pomplamoose fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Aug 15, 2016

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Magnezone and Mamoswine are the coolest Gen 4 evolutions.

Soral
May 30, 2009

Countblanc posted:

sorry, gen 2 sucked. go play it now, it's a miserable game and it isnt broken in nearly as many funny ways as gen 1 is

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I think I managed to burn my leg because my iPhone got so hot while in my pocket while I ran this game and charged it :lol:

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Colonel Squish posted:

Level 33...

Over 500 eggs hatched. And I'm the turbo nerd for wanting to be able to track pokeymans in the game about tracking pokeymans.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

EbolaIvory posted:

Exactly. And those same dudes spend 5 bucks on pokeballs to catch some rare poo poo at a bar when they run out due to drunken throwing.

Haters can hate. My only gripe is low power mode being MIA, but whatever. The tracking thing sucks but it's still fun just wandering around anyways.

Since launch there have been three very different Pokemon Go experiences depending on where you live. If you live in a relatively dense urban area just walking a few hundred yards in any direction will get you a couple Pokémon (mostly trash but maybe not). Suburban users (even in those in inner ring suburbs) can go the better part of a mile and get maybe one or two unless they know a hotspot. Rural users get nothing, ever.

It is largely the middle group that are making the predictions of doom for the app because now there is basically nothing to do besides watch the egg distance counter increment every four minutes.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Gen4 introduced rhypherior, the worst garbage looking idiot, but also had magnezone and a crisp lookin furret sprite so it's impossible to say whether its good or bad

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Gen4 introduced rhypherior, the worst garbage looking idiot, but also had magnezone and a crisp lookin furret sprite so it's impossible to say whether its good or bad

Though it also introduced a bunch of worthless baby evolutions like Bonsly and Mime Jr, and baby pokemon that are added in later are the worst and an unforgivable sin.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Also just from the few high cp trash Pokemon that I've tried it on it seems the "accidental" curveball is gone. Maybe they dropped capture rates to compensate for the ball actually going where you want it to now?

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
Had a farfetch'd show up on the nearby list on my way to work just now, first time I've ever seen one. No tracking and no radar meant i had no way of finding it :negative:

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

working as intended imo

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Internet Kraken posted:

Yes.

Colonel Squish posted:

Level 33...

Well, I see my avatar (thanks to whoever, kinda neat) is appropriate now more than ever. Hell of a catch up though, I just flat can't play that much.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

I think it's interesting that the gap between red and blue is larger than the gap between red and yellow.

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Rhyperior is hands down, the ugliest pokemon in existence.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Gurdurr is the ugliest one to me. Unforgivably bad design, and the move to 3d sprites made him even shittier

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Dusknoir is pretty poo poo too, which is a shame because Dusclops looks cool.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Nosepass is straight up rock type nazi propaganda

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Shifty Pony posted:

Since launch there have been three very different Pokemon Go experiences depending on where you live. If you live in a relatively dense urban area just walking a few hundred yards in any direction will get you a couple Pokémon (mostly trash but maybe not). Suburban users (even in those in inner ring suburbs) can go the better part of a mile and get maybe one or two unless they know a hotspot. Rural users get nothing, ever.

It is largely the middle group that are making the predictions of doom for the app because now there is basically nothing to do besides watch the egg distance counter increment every four minutes.

Turbo nerds who live in places like I do might be but the rest of us in middle land are happy still. We have just enough poo poo going on.

I'd guess we're all just not sure because the only people I know bitching have only been in this thread. Everyone I know in real life is still happily throwing pokeballs at poo poo.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Honchkrow doesn't look bad but it's still a step down from Murkrow. Also they lowered it's speed stat when it evolved. They did that with multiple gen4 evolutions and it makes no sense.

It's like a fledgling witch bird morphing into a wiz-bird. But other than that, why does it have to be slower.

Krinkle posted:

Nosepass is straight up rock type nazi propaganda

For some reason, I thought he was ice type and went "wait, wouldn't it be fire type to be propaganda?"

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Seeing this game tank on ratings in the App Store is pretty lol.

(still sitting on the top grossing stop though so it's hard to care when they're swimming on money)

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Rhyperior is hands down, the ugliest pokemon in existence.

Counterpoint:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

EbolaIvory posted:

Turbo nerds who live in places like I do might be but the rest of us in middle land are happy still. We have just enough poo poo going on.

I'd guess we're all just not sure because the only people I know bitching have only been in this thread. Everyone I know in real life is still happily throwing pokeballs at poo poo.

I think you e unlocked a great mysteryXz

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I'm sorry I meant Probopass. He's the racist caricature.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Seeing this game tank on ratings in the App Store is pretty lol.

(still sitting on the top grossing stop though so it's hard to care when they're swimming on money)
Ratings only track for the current version of the game, so the only people leaving reviews are those salty about the changes (most likely the offsite trackers getting broken).

People who enjoy the game and are having fun playing it aren't likely to go back and rate an updated version.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

FistEnergy posted:

Pretty sure the vast majority of players are like me, and they aren't sperging out because their 3rd party tools stopped working and they need to take a refresher course on their computer coding certificate and they're getting bored at lvl 25

:spergin:

Idk, I was getting a little hot and bothered the other day (in a good way) thinking about ways I could customize that Pokemon Go dev map. Did you know most US cell carriers let you send texts by sending an email to an address? For Verizon it's <your phone number>@vztext.com

So like, with a little jerry rigging you could set up that map to scan preset areas (like your work or local park) for rare Pokemon and text you (or a list of people) with a notification and link to Google Map directions to that Pokemon if it appears. Cool right?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Pokemon Go's been rated 2-3 stars consistently for its entire lifetime. It's just what's broken keeps rotating.

On the plus side, some new features are great

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Counterpoint:

I'd take barbacle on a nice picnic before I spend a second with rhypherior.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

SynthOrange posted:

Pokemon Go's been rated 2-3 stars consistently for its entire lifetime. It's just what's broken keeps rotating.

On the plus side, some new features are great

I'm pretty sure it was in the mid 3-star range before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015
You guys do realize that Probopass is based on Groucho Marx glasses, right?

• Locked thread