Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Can't wait to give 2gd 150 bucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
For only ~$600, you can play this game with Team Secret.

Whoever the gently caress "Team Secret" is going to be in a few weeks is yet to be determined pending kicks.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Majuju posted:

2GD's arena shooter is up on Kickstarter.

noone is going to play this but q3 in 2016+ is a good thing.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Team secret top3 at ti

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Klaus Kinski posted:

noone is going to play this but q3 in 2016+ is a good thing.

1 week probate :toxx: new quake will blow

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Can't believe servers are still running like a pile of dogshit and groups haven't been announced when we are 48 hours away from a $20m+ tournament.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

xcore posted:

Can't believe servers are still running like a pile of dogshit and groups haven't been announced when we are 48 hours away from a $20m+ tournament.

:valvebeta:

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
yeah is there any info yet regarding times? i want to know how late i need to stay up in euroland :suicide:

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

xcore posted:

Is this your first Valve experience?

Oachkatzlschwoaf
Oct 23, 2006

Two heads are better than one

botany posted:

yeah is there any info yet regarding times? i want to know how late i need to stay up in euroland :suicide:

It's pretty well hidden, but according to the schedule at http://www.dota2.com/international/replays/ the broadcasts will start at 9 am PDT during wild card/group stage and 10 am PDT during the main event. Of course, start of broadcast says nothing about when the actual games start, so I'm not going to expect to go to sleep at any reasonable time.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I think in the past the pre-show was supposed to be 1 hour

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot
Be sure to check out the toffees tv pre pre show!

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

I think in the past the pre-show was supposed to be 1 hour

And also don't forget the first few days usually have technical issues that will delay things

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

My prediction for TI6:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky0IPNXoJ1s

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Sorry, there are no black DOTA pros at TI this year.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

we have groups through the most official process ever

https://twitter.com/DotaDeMoN/status/760148325114925056

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Here it is prettier

https://twitter.com/wykrhm/status/760149095428214784

https://twitter.com/wykrhm/status/760149678360887296

https://twitter.com/wykrhm/status/760152614554042368

Xtanstic fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Aug 1, 2016

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
Those are actually pretty balanced groups.

Group A might be the more top heavy though. OG is near guaranteed top 4

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Cutting down to two majors is probably the right choice but now the trophies won't make as much sense (unless they change them)

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot
Change them both to a burning Chinese flag

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

IcePhoenix posted:

Cutting down to two majors is probably the right choice but now the trophies won't make as much sense (unless they change them)
Bring back the Radiance trophy from DAC.

But yeah, if they can't manage to fit the second major before Chinese New Year, they should just do two.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
My early prediciton is that the major this year will be The Shanghai Major and the one next year will be The Shanghai Major II

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

The Shanghainternational

cerious
Aug 18, 2010

:dukedog:
My UB predictions:

A: OG + Wings + LGD + Navi
B: Newbee + Liquid + MVP + Secret

Group B is definitely tougher. Last spot in UB B will be close, probably a tiebreak between Secret and EHOME. Group A is more top-heavy, with the top 3 set pretty easily, but I could see Navis spot getting stolen.

I want to see Jimmy and TNC beat EG but that's probably not going to happen. If anyone can upset in group A its going to be EG if they manage to show up.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
lmao the client just crashes now whenever i click on the bracket tab in the compendium, good job valve

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
So Fall Major, Spring Major and TI? Based on this, if OG win TI, it should be called a Grand Slam, right?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

ElNarez posted:

So Fall Major, Spring Major and TI? Based on this, if OG win TI, it should be called a Grand Slam, right?

Need 4 for a Grand Slam. This will be uh the Triple Crown of Professional Dota 2

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I really like that no team or even player has won 2 internationals ever

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
It's time for Fear to pass the torch of NAdota icon to Jimmy.

Although it would more appropriate if the torch was thrown rather than passed.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Jimmy steals the torch from Fear's backpack.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Why the gently caress would you call your team Execration? It doesn't sound menacing, just ugly.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
SEA teams always have some weird ideas about names

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

emdash posted:

SEA teams always have some weird ideas about names

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Yeah you're right, for some reason it sounds better when the koreans do it.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

botany posted:

lmao the client just crashes now whenever i click on the bracket tab in the compendium, good job valve

I somehow thought it was just me until it happened to my friend.

As an aside, does SingSing even play professional doder anymore or does he just crap up youtube with him videos?

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Depends on how you define professional. He plays on Kaipi which does not win anything.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Sing was professional in the sense that he was leeching zai dry while they played together. Otherwise he makes more through streaming than some TI players will this year by winning games.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Capitalist mentioned something on Twitter about improv classes w/the other talent

Wonder if valve set that up

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

emdash posted:

Capitalist mentioned something on Twitter about improv classes w/the other talent

Wonder if valve set that up

I very much hope not, or at least that kacey or whatever that dunderheaded cow is called is not part of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

how me a frog posted:

I very much hope not, or at least that kacey or whatever that dunderheaded cow is called is not part of it.

• Locked thread