Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hobolicious
Oct 7, 2012

The military might of a country represents its national strength. Only when it builds up its military might in every way can it develop into a thriving country.

Xalidur posted:

I did not re-enlist.

This is what a smart nuke looks like.

I am not an example of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

methlab messiah
Oct 23, 2005

seems legit
ahhh yeah its time to CHART THE COURSE you ignint fuckheads

This year's lesson: how the evil white man is an irredeemable poo poo who is ruining this man's mate's navy.

Guest staring like a legit Disney happy ending.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.
Womp. Found out the requirements for Reservists won't go through till at least Nov, and my orders end OCtober 1st. So awesoooooooome. Time to embrace the suck again. Also found out they changed RC to AC again so can't make it till i'm E-5 now. Reserve Life ya'll.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

methlab messiah posted:

ahhh yeah its time to CHART THE COURSE you ignint fuckheads

This year's lesson: how the evil white man is an irredeemable poo poo who is ruining this man's mate's navy.

Guest staring like a legit Disney happy ending.

is this the one with the shithead senior chief?

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

Sir Lucius posted:

is this the one with the shithead senior chief?

gently caress her. Like... Holy loving poo poo, and then act like it's all better because of a good heart to heart.

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.

Null Integer posted:

gently caress her. Like... Holy loving poo poo, and then act like it's all better because of a good heart to heart.

I was waiting for the punchline where she gets fired or worse and it never came.

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

Red Crown posted:

I was waiting for the punchline where she gets fired or worse and it never came.

It's insane, you fully expect her to get fired/masted/drummed out for being such a massive piece of poo poo, but shes a senior chief, so it's all good.

Adding more edit: It shows that senior leadership can literally allow you to be sexually assaulted(if your a guy), the dudes that do it go to jail, but the leadership that encouraged it will not be touched.

Someone with stars and birds or anchors watched these videos and was like... Yep, this is okay. She had a heart to heart chat(Oh no! Will my nephew be treated the same way when he joins cause we are 4 navy genreations deep, way to have real hope for your loving family bitch, why would you wish that poor kid to join the navy) with a coworker at the end(who loving knew she was doing this poo poo and was responsible for the assault) and everything turned out better. ALSO! When the dude makes the unrestricted report, he stays in the same division on the same ship under the same leadership, all it did was make two dudes disappear. In reality, if you filled a report like that you would be taken to at least like loving legal hold or some poo poo, not working under the same bitch.

Null Integer fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jul 30, 2016

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Seems pretty realistic to me.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I charted my course right out of the navy, its good.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Being TAD And pretend civilian for the last 6 months has been fantastic.

I can't wait to have to do all the required training I've missed.

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007
When I was still inactive reserve and already working at a university I had to do some CBT about human trafficking and at the end I got a little certificate to print out that read:

This is to certify that:
STS2/SS HOGMARTIN
has SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED TRAINING
on SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED TRAINING

I printed it out and taped it to the department refrigerator like a little kid with a finger painting.

SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED TRAINING :patriot:

Cerekk
Sep 24, 2004

Oh my god, JC!
I liked the part where the guy is passing around covert shower videos but it's all good because he eventually deletes them.

Especially since the real life event that segment was based off of resulted in multiple people going to jail and dozens of mastings.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I'm kinda worried about the sailors at Kitsap.

You know those flyers with rip off numbers for spousal abuse? Like every one I saw was missing half of them.

Think we need some more E-learning training.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Yeah that entire video just had me going "Sweet Jesus what the gently caress is this poo poo?"

methlab messiah
Oct 23, 2005

seems legit
What, no one else wants to join me in the race to Master Chief???

LingcodKilla posted:

I'm kinda worried about the sailors at Kitsap.

You know those flyers with rip off numbers for spousal abuse? Like every one I saw was missing half of them.

Think we need some more E-learning training.

Sounds like a good GMT topic, shipmate, why don't you give some training on this next thursday at quarters

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Last night had a dream I was underway and it has been 4.5 years since I was last aboard ship, those really are the worse dreams

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
I've been commissioned for over a decade and I still have dreams that I have to go back to the Academy for some reason or another. Ugh.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Whenever I dream I'm out to sea it's always the most inane poo poo. A recurring element is there's a chute that you can ride from fwd to aft that's like a water slide and I have no idea wtf

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

ManMythLegend posted:

I've been commissioned for over a decade and I still have dreams that I have to go back to the Academy for some reason or another. Ugh.

It's the loving bells. They'll haunt me til the day I die.

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

I haven't been on a ship in 12 years, but I still dream about going down into MER-1/2 and the AUX spaces. I wasn't a snipe, I only went down there for ESWS training and to clean poo poo for INSURV. Every now and then I dream that we're bringing the destroyer out of decommissioning (impossible because it's sunk off the coast of North Carolina), and I get the most intense feeling of dread as dream-me walks down the pier to the ship.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
If anyone wants to get back on a ship after the Navy, the radio operator on here is saying his union, the ARA, really needs people. It's 2nds pay and my current base is 7k/month so with their contract OT and vacation of 27/30 it should be around 21k/month worked, minimum. My contract has more on top of that so it could easily be 24k+. Also, you will be treated like a (civilian) officer which is supposedly pretty good when compared to the Navy.

Sorry if you guys know about this.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

*redacted*

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Jul 31, 2016

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
It's sailing on a ship as a radio officer. I know the Navy has a program with the USCG to get your documents but I haven't looked in to it since I went to school for my license. It involves paperwork and sea time among other things though. You would probably only work 4-6 months a year and then collect unemployment the rest of it since you would be away from home.

Edit: https://www.uscg.mil/nmc/about_us/brochures/Military_Brochure.pdf

That's what I found looking for it. It's an option for those who are active and planning to get out. I've met several navy people in the merchant marine so it's doable. As an engineering officer I'm currently making close to 30k/month on my current ship but will probably only work 3 months this year. Combined with the 6 months of vacation I took and unemployment I should still hit 120k without a problem.

lightpole fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Jul 31, 2016

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

As always, its the documentation. *shakes fist*

I like my job, but if I could have the large wave hammock naps and the salary to go with it *swoons*

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
You can put a hammock in your stateroom if you want, a lot of people do on tankers cause the roll is not so great. You get your own stateroom after all.

The documentation is the big thing and doing it while active makes things easier but a lot of people aren't aware of the option so hopefully some of you pass it on. There are worse things then getting out and doing this.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

does anybody have that audio recording handy where the chief is chewing out the berthing because some dude wiped jizz in someone else's towel?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

https://youtu.be/1TlOD2anqOU

Words to live by

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
:stare:

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

It was the chief all along

not black enough
Oct 14, 2004

Wish I had audio of GMCM yelling at us on the aft missile deck because we had a phantom shower shitter.

\/ Edit: Handstand shower head bidet

not black enough fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Aug 2, 2016

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

not black enough posted:

Wish I had audio of GMCM yelling at us on the aft missile deck because we had a phantom shower shitter.

lol

So... did you wipe or did you just flush clean with water from the shower head?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

not black enough posted:

That kind of nonsense would get you hosed right up underwater.

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

I'm happy for my new friend at my new command, we checked in at the same time, hung out, had some weekend beers and was chill as gently caress.

Now he's going to be a chief.... gently caress

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

It finally hit the news, but an F/A-18C went down at Fallon this morning. It was on an FCF (guess it wasn't ready) and the pilot turned home with some kind of malfunction, then came up a few miles short of the runway. Fortunately there's not jack poo poo in that area, and he ejected and was walking around when he got picked up.

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

Godholio posted:

It finally hit the news, but an F/A-18C went down at Fallon this morning. It was on an FCF (guess it wasn't ready) and the pilot turned home with some kind of malfunction, then came up a few miles short of the runway. Fortunately there's not jack poo poo in that area, and he ejected and was walking around when he got picked up.

Thank god, we lost way too many pilots this year.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

It's definitely been a rough year of mishaps for everybody.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

not black enough posted:

I hope this happened on more than one ship but I feel like there has only been one GMCM yelling about that on a missile deck. I was probably standing next to him.

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007
this dude is going to south korea 4 sure

methlab messiah
Oct 23, 2005

seems legit
After the switch to coveralls underway we would have long and detailed discussions on how, exactly, one could become a control room shitter during PD ops. The closest we got was pre-staging the turd in some fashion, thus not being legit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I love when you have to switch to NWUs and such for formations for the sake of uniformity (guess that's just in ports tho?)

• Locked thread