Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Popete posted:

Yeah I have bought plenty of things on there in the past but I had to delete my old expired card and tried adding a new one and it kept saying it was invalid. Then I ran into this issue with every other payment method.

I guess Sony really does not want me to play more Battlefront.

Typical suggested workaround is buy a PSN wallet card from Amazon and use that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

try making sure your address is 100% completely identical to the card. i think thats the issue sometimes. like the tiniest difference can gently caress you

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Some banks just get weird with online stuff. Whenever I try to purchase through steam I always have to do it twice. Never had a problem with PSN though so this is a completely worthless post.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Obsurveyor posted:

Typical suggested workaround is buy a PSN wallet card from Amazon and use that.

Good idea, I ended up doing it this way.

An annoying work around but oh well. If it happens again I guess I'll have to call Sony.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Psn sometimes will delete parts of your billling address from your account. It happened to me and as soon as i fixed it it worked again

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
I think there's been issues with buying stuff that's been pointed toward the servers handling the processing of payments falling over or catching fire.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

voltcatfish posted:

Rogue Galaxy is a terrible videogame though
Rogue Galaxy is crazy and also amazing.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Popete posted:

I tried using a different card but it keeps complaining that it's an invalid number even though I know it's correct and a valid card. Looks like other people have had this same issue where it just doesn't like some cards and won't let you add them.

Instead I used PayPal which links to the new card I had been trying to add and even that fails with the same error. I could probably call Sony at some point if I care enough but the PS Store as a whole kinda seems like a poo poo show.
Once you get one error you're soft banned for a while, I don't know how many hours. The PayPal will probably work fine tomorrow, but absolutely nothing will work right after the first error, valid or not

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Watching Giant Bomb play Livelock gave me an itch for a top-down twin-stick shooter. RPG influences, things to grind, variety of game modes, and couch co-op are all good but nothing is really required. Just want a fun game. Anything worth picking up? It is very important that it can be played solo so I hear Hellraisers or whatever the space bug game is, is not great for that.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think Alienation is what you're looking for but I haven't played it myself.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Assault Android Cactus is probably the best straight twin stick shooter on PS4, but yeah Alienation and Helldivers have pretty much everything in your description I think.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Alienation is the best twin stick. Cactus is good but loot>score attack imo

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I just started playing Helldivers and it is really really good - wish I played it right when it was free on plus and didn't wait until now. It is also really really frustrating though, and if you have idiots on your team forget about having a good time or completing anything.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
Cactus and Alienation are both top tier. Alienation isn't traditional in the least as a twin stick shooter, which gives it an edge over Cactus, IMO.

If you want an ultra fluid, no bullshit twin shooter, Cactus will be just what you're looking for.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

abagofcheetos posted:

and if you have idiots on your team forget about having a good time or completing anything.

This is why they gave you the option to spread liberty and democracy to your teammates.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Drop this week

Abzu - PLAY promotion eligible
Telltale Batman Episode 1 Realm of Shadows
Breach and Clear Deadline - Thursday release
Cannon Brawl
Gal Gun Double Peace
Laser Disco Defenders - vita only
Nightmares of the deep the cursed heard
overcooked
Risk Urban Assault
Tricky Towers - Plus Game

bolded seems like a sure thing for journey fans

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Drop this week

Abzu - PLAY promotion eligible
bolded seems like a sure thing for journey fans
I *love* Journey, and I *love* water games, but Abzu looks like such a complete rip-off of Journey in almost every way that it kinda puts me off it a bit. I know, it has one of the original Journey guys on the team, but still. I'm sure I'll end up getting it anyways though.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

barren_sky posted:

I *love* Journey, and I *love* water games, but Abzu looks like such a complete rip-off of Journey in almost every way that it kinda puts me off it a bit. I know, it has one of the original Journey guys on the team, but still. I'm sure I'll end up getting it anyways though.

Get Gal Gun instead imo

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
God help me, I sort of want Gal Gun.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

no you dont

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

If you feel the urge to give IntiCreates money, consider Gunvolt instead.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Gal*Gunvolt

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I know it's bad but It's just when anime games get creative with their dumb weird perviness I find it compelling. Like I have no interest in something like DOAX but a rail shooter where you're shooting pheromones that make girls fall over in ecstasy? Sure. When it gets that dumb I kind of respect it. I know there's no reason to believe why that's why I'm interested but there's also no reason for me to mention I'm urged to buy it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I mean Gal Gun is okay for what it is and has a decent amount of content, it's just a game that really needs to be a light gun game and those are deader than dead. Just moving a sight around the screen seems to be missing the point. Skip the Vita version though, load times are awful.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The game's probably gonna be at least $50 anyways though and really if I'm gonna spend money on Japanese weirdness I might as well spend $20 less and get the new Rhythm Heaven game.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

I mean Gal Gun is okay for what it is and has a decent amount of content, it's just a game that really needs to be a light gun game and those are deader than dead. Just moving a sight around the screen seems to be missing the point. Skip the Vita version though, load times are awful.
Yeah, the PS3 version had move support even. I know that no one currently gives a poo poo about the PS4 camera or move but man, just do it.

The inevitable PSVR version will be loving SICK though!!

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

Is Fat Princess Adventures an online game and, if so, are the servers routinely busy? It's on sale and I'm tempted - especially if I can couch play 2 players.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

homeless snail posted:

Yeah, the PS3 version had move support even. I know that no one currently gives a poo poo about the PS4 camera or move but man, just do it.

The inevitable PSVR version will be loving SICK though!!

I played the original Gal*Gun on PS3 with a move for a bit and that was actually quite fun, but I still enjoy it just playing on a controller.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

How awful are they? And only between stages, or in-stage also (before a new enemy comes up, between tutorials etc.)? Shooting by touching the screen seems like a cool idea and more interesting than simply moving the cursor around - then again, I might not actually be necessarily accurate with my fingers, but I assume the cursor is an alternative on the Vita?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Once you actually get into a stage it's fine but before there's a hideous wait between every screen, at least 10 seconds between every menu and 30 or more when anything 3D is involved (cut scenes, stage changes etc).

Yeah there's a cursor option, I had no idea you could touch to shoot tbh.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
A friend of mine urged me to buy Aliennation. I did. I noticed it has dlc aswell. Is it worth it to grab the dlc?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I will support Gal*Gun on the Vita, so I can touch anime women ON THE GO!

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

Once you actually get into a stage it's fine but before there's a hideous wait between every screen, at least 10 seconds between every menu and 30 or more when anything 3D is involved (cut scenes, stage changes etc).

Yeah there's a cursor option, I had no idea you could touch to shoot tbh.

It was my assumption you could, that's the only advantage I can see Vita version having, aside from the portability, but you can Remote Play the game. If you actually can't, then that's awful, but combined with the loading times at the very least it makes the decision of which port to choose really simple.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sefal posted:

A friend of mine urged me to buy Aliennation. I did. I noticed it has dlc aswell. Is it worth it to grab the dlc?

The dlc lets you use any classes primary weapon which is game changing and adds a couple new items and stuff. Housemarque is famous for post launch support so i got the season pass on blind faith based on my experience with how they grew resogun.

You could always wait on it and grab it later. Its only 9.99

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Sefal posted:

i would say to see if you like the game first. everything in there is optional and it doesnt have new game modes like the resogun dlc.

although after using a vortex grenade for awhile i dont know if i ever want to go back to something else

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Ape Escape 2 stealthily released for PS4 in the greatest nation on earth, da Europe. Legend of Legaia 2 also just got rated, so it will likely show up soon/at some point. I don't remember people enjoying the latter as much as its prequel, and even then the first game didn't age that well to begin with. Ape Escape 2 is cool, though.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Oh yeah, and if you want to be a guinea pig for free, the beta for PS4's firmware 4.0 is now open to join.

EU. US.

No information available on what it will consist of.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I think "not folders" is a safe bet.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

lets think positive thoughts until we are proven wrong