Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

TriffTshngo posted:

Kaminari should be the traitor because there's already two spiky haired shonen boys in the class and they're both cooler than him
If Kaminari turns out to be an evil poo poo, that's gonna bump him up on my favs list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

He was #10 on the Japanese list, so

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Everyone in Class A is a traitor, but they don't know that the others are also traitors.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Except for Hagakure

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
deku is the traitor because he can't stop textng his mam at all times

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Captain Invictus posted:

For reference, here's the first speculation image. There's some of the fanfiction stuff at the bottom but it's got most of the salient points up top.

these things are always unreadable as gently caress

at least proper conspiracy theorists use lengths of yarn

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The entire bottom left is fanfiction so that can be ignored, the rest is mostly people pointing out circumstances or oddities in his behavior, or far too convenient coincidences

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I'm skeptical that the traitor is even a student because the attackers at USJ knew about the movements of the teachers, something a student wouldn't be privy about. Also the attackers didn't even know Eraserhead would be there, and if the mole was a student of his of course they'd get that information

Honestly I think Eraserhead is a good mole candidate, with him not giving out information about himself or his own movements to protect his identity in case someone else gets compromised

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Piriwi posted:

The two strongest clues are both not actually in the manga itself: the sketch of his first design (a villainous character) and the Jekyll/Hyde face.

While I think there's a good chance of Kaminari being the traitor, the former of these two sketches would be evidence of the opposite, if anything. It's really rare for traitor characters to look mean and evil to begin with. No one is going to be surprised if the character who looks super evil ends up actually being evil.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Kaminari is the unwitting traitor because somebody realized they could just ask him questions when he's stuck in moron mode, and he'd answer truthfully and then forget about it.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

JT Jag posted:

I'm skeptical that the traitor is even a student because the attackers at USJ knew about the movements of the teachers, something a student wouldn't be privy about. Also the attackers didn't even know Eraserhead would be there, and if the mole was a student of his of course they'd get that information

Honestly I think Eraserhead is a good mole candidate, with him not giving out information about himself or his own movements to protect his identity in case someone else gets compromised

The Villain Alliance helped cause the initial break-in by the media in order provide an opportunity for the traitor to steal a teacher's schedule, presumably from the teacher's lounge.

And if that's the case, Kaminari actually has an alibi since he showed up in the crowd of people getting squashed in that chapter.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Vengarr posted:

The Villain Alliance helped cause the initial break-in by the media in order provide an opportunity for the traitor to steal a teacher's schedule, presumably from the teacher's lounge.

And if that's the case, Kaminari actually has an alibi since he showed up in the crowd of people getting squashed in that chapter.

But Invisible Girl doesn't! :tinfoil:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I'm telling you it was Kinoko. Tsuyu jealousy made her do it.

GodofDiscord
Sep 5, 2013

Not the strongest, but the cutest.
I would be pretty surprised if both Hagakure and Kaminari are both traitors, just not working together.
Really, the one thing I don't want is that the traitor could be the police guy, because that's the most predictable and consequently, boring and trite decision.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

GodofDiscord posted:

I would be pretty surprised if both Hagakure and Kaminari are both traitors, just not working together.
Really, the one thing I don't want is that the traitor could be the police guy, because that's the most predictable and consequently, boring and trite decision.

Police guy would be an odd choice because the villains apparently had no idea exactly how diminished All Might was, but police dude was definitely aware of All Might's true condition.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Personally I'm partial to the traitor actually being a computer virus planted when UA was first breached and the press was all over.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I think Present Mic is the traitor. Him suggesting that there's a traitor takes suspicion off of him. I don't really have any other support for this idea, he barely shows up.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I wish we could talk about literally anything else besides the loving traitor

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
What if everyone's quirks are actually just nanomachines

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Captain Invictus posted:

What if everyone's quirks are actually just nanomachines

Something something conjoined fetus

(I can't wait until the traitor is revealed. At least it will happen before One Piece reveals what the hell is up with Blackbeard.)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Vengarr posted:

Uh there was nothing to suggest that was the work of a traitor. I think Shigaraki just ran in while everyone was distracted and grabbed the schedule.

Honestly I think the truth might just be that Spinner or Toga have a quirk that can be used to spy.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

MonsterEnvy posted:

Uh there was nothing to suggest that was the work of a traitor. I think Shigaraki just ran in while everyone was distracted and grabbed the schedule.

Yeah, for USJ at least it's pretty clear that Shigaraki (or maybe Black Mist) got a four-finger discount on the Yueii class schedule after he broke down the door and let the paparazzi in.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
I've having a moral dilemma

I can't decide who is more cute, Tsuyu or Uraraka? Plz Help. :(

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Vengarr posted:

I always presumed the break in was in order for Black Mist to sneak in. He can't teleport anywhere he hasn't been before.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Logicblade posted:

I cannot help you, because on that list are also Ashido, Momo, Hagakure, and Jirou.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

chumbler posted:

I cannot help you, because on that list are also Ashido, Momo, Hagakure, and Jirou.

Not to mention Deku's Shoe.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Logicblade posted:

Deku's mum.

JD
Jan 11, 2003

Logicblade posted:

Uraraka is cuter, Tsuyu is cooler

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i think the alternate form of all might is the bad guy because you never see him and all might in the same room

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Dreggon posted:

i think the alternate form of all might is the bad guy because you never see him and all might in the same room

Is there a manga where the protagonist has an alter ego with a completely separate personality and will that is completely evil and only does stuff when he's sleeping?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Raenir Salazar posted:

Is there a manga where the protagonist has an alter ego with a completely separate personality and will that is completely evil and only does stuff when he's sleeping?

May I interest you in celebrated hit Western webcomic Sinfest.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

May I interest you in celebrated hit Western webcomic Sinfest.

Don't trick people into reading bad comics

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
There is no traitor, Dio is spying on them with Hermit Purple.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

MonsieurChoc posted:

There is no traitor, Dio is spying on them with Hermit Purple.

But Hermit Purple is Joseph's Stand...

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
dio was originally supposed to have ALL THE STAND POWERS or something but then araki changed his mind about it, but not before he showed dio using hermit purple that one time

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

JT Jag posted:

I always presumed the break in was in order for Black Mist to sneak in. He can't teleport anywhere he hasn't been before.

He can, he just needs to know the coordinates first. Otherwise, they wouldn't have been able to attack the forest camp.

MonsterEnvy posted:

A. He wouldn't have known where to look.

B. Does Shiggy strike you as a particularly sneaky guy? Or inconspicuous?

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Akett posted:

I think Present Mic is the traitor. Him suggesting that there's a traitor takes suspicion off of him. I don't really have any other support for this idea, he barely shows up.

agreed. changing my vote to Present Mic

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vengarr posted:

He can, he just needs to know the coordinates first. Otherwise, they wouldn't have been able to attack the forest camp.

A. He wouldn't have known where to look.

B. Does Shiggy strike you as a particularly sneaky guy? Or inconspicuous?

Without the hands on his face and stuff? Yes. He was walking around in public at the mall and all without being noticed; even Deku didn't realize who he was until he stopped hiding his voice. And he went and destroyed the gate to let the reporters in without them catching that he was responsible. Clearly he can be sneaky when he wants to.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Roland Jones posted:

Without the hands on his face and stuff? Yes. He was walking around in public at the mall and all without being noticed; even Deku didn't realize who he was until he stopped hiding his voice. And he went and destroyed the gate to let the reporters in without them catching that he was responsible. Clearly he can be sneaky when he wants to.

Managing to slip into a crowd at a busy mall isn't high-level spy stuff.

On the other hand, when the media broke into UA, all of the alarms sounded and the staff were combing the grounds looking for suspicious characters. Shiggy would definitely have been suspicious, since he wasn't wearing a school uniform. Also, his face looks like a rabid raccoon used it for boxing lessons. Sneaking through like that would have been really difficult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The security staff knew no one suspicious could have that sweet, honest smile.