Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
How direct. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
This is so good

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Fuckin loooooool

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
That whole sequence pretty much made this all worth it.

loving amazing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BuZamufWAs

Miker525
Jan 2, 2011
I'm honestly shocked by how incredible this episode has been so far. I loved the show all season but this episode has made the rest of the season look like nothing.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Man this is what Star Trek V was supposed to be, I hope Shatner's watching

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I no longer miss the BEHOLD THE GREAT HEAVENLY HOST fakeout.

Showing up in a big square projection like the Wizard of Oz was perfect.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Not you offensive Native American mascot :smith:

Holy poo poo :stare:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

welp.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Holy poo poo

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Hah, that was a pretty great no-budget way to do that.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

Not you offensive Native American mascot :smith:

At least he had a buddy? :unsmith:

Also wow I guess Texas just exploded??

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Suicide bucket brought to you by grail industries

Also, darkest thing on television since Moral Orel s3

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Aug 1, 2016

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Blowing up the church to say yes, we're done with sticking around Annville.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I wish more people watched this show

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

That model must have been ~2 feet tall

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Diner scene.

Tarantino dialogue.

And so we begin.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I'm so glad this show got renewed for a second season.

Miker525
Jan 2, 2011
So someone explain to me the Eugene situation. Was he actually alive again and working in the diner, away from the town saved from his father and past.... or was that just Jesse imagining him being there saying "I haven't forgotten about you" to the vision basically saying I haven't forgotten you. Cus I feel like it could go either way.

Glaucus atlanticus posted:

I'm so glad this show got renewed for a second season.

Also this. On so many levels. I love this show.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Miker525 posted:

So someone explain to me the Eugene situation. Was he actually alive again and working in the diner, away from the town saved from his father and past.... or was that just Jesse imagining him being there saying "I haven't forgotten about you" to the vision basically saying I haven't forgotten you. Cus I feel like it could go either way.

Someone could tweet this at #talkingpreacher.

e: I actually didn't realize Arseface was all makeup. After seeing Mike's battle damage in Better Call Saul was CGI, I'd sort of assumed nobody even did makeup anymore.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Miker525 posted:

Also this. On so many levels. I love this show.

He was imagining

This shows fantastic

Miker525
Jan 2, 2011

Supreme Allah posted:

He was imagining

This shows fantastic

That's what I was thinking. I just wanted to see if that's the general consensus or if I was crazy. It's not a question I'd expect Rogan or Goldberg to actually answer anyway. Plus I like the speculation. This has been my favorite show in a really really long time. Wish Season 2 wasn't so far away.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I just read the first two pages and the last two pages, and the differences in posting are kind of hilarious.

Also this show is real good. Wizard of God was great, but the fart bomb was definitely the winner. Kinky sex just blew up a town.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Episode was perfect. Can't wait for the next season.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I think they're dancing around confirming the Deblanc/Fiore theory.

E: yeah he asked them point blank and they said "lol no (but actually yeah)"

E: VV Heh, yeah. NICE SLIP OF THE TONGUE THERE GUYS.

Data Graham fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Aug 1, 2016

Miker525
Jan 2, 2011

Data Graham posted:

I think they're dancing around confirming the Deblanc/Fiore theory.

Very much so. Rogan before said Spawn and then quickly switched to some other word..... They're not denying it but certainly not acknowledging it.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Hahaha they've had this long box on the table the whole hour, and of course it's got the double-ended fist dildo in it.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Miker525 posted:

Very much so. Rogan before said Spawn and then quickly switched to some other word..... They're not denying it but certainly not acknowledging it.

Eh I dunno, no hard evidence either way for me. As Rogen said, two men can't make a baby.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

BTW that choral cover of "No Rain" for the post-God-world montage was a hell of a thing.

Really enjoyed the music in general this episode.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
So are the only survivors of Season 1: Custer, Cassidy, Tulip and Fiore?

AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

If at the end of a war story you feel that some tiny bit of rectitude has been salvaged from the larger waste, you have been made the victim of a very old and terrible lie

Subterfrugal posted:

So are the only survivors of Season 1: Custer, Cassidy, Tulip and Fiore?
And the Saint, and possibly Eugene.

e: I think it'd be cool if Eugene just took over the John Wayne role though.

AtraMorS fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Aug 1, 2016

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

AtraMorS posted:

And the Saint, and possibly Eugene.

e: I think it'd be cool if Eugene just took over the John Wayne role though.

I'd still like the Duke as its a little kid's ideal of machismo and heroics. As much as Jesse tries to be a cynical man in his heart he is an idealist and severe romantic. Tragically so. I'd love to see that played out as the series goes along, if for nothing else but the Cassidy comeback "Idealism's shite." Digging the Big Lebowski references popping up now and then. When they meet God if it turns out he's played by El Duderino himself I will mark the gently caress out. Please let this happen. I will freakin toss Jeff Bridges so much money (as long as 10 quid Canadian and some assorted loose coins counts as a fortune).

Goddamn good episode. Best season 1 finale I have seen in ages. So glad they got a second season and I hope more people jump on this train as they roadtrip. I will miss Odain Quincannon so much. I hope he's not gone for good as Jackie Earl hit this one out of the bloody park.

edit: Has this show made anyone else want to roadtrip to Texas?

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Aug 1, 2016

AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

If at the end of a war story you feel that some tiny bit of rectitude has been salvaged from the larger waste, you have been made the victim of a very old and terrible lie

Von_Doom posted:

I'd still like the Duke as its a little kid's ideal of machismo and heroics. As much as Jesse tries to be a cynical man in his heart he is an idealist and severe romantic. Tragically so.
I'm just saying, that last half is a really good description of Eugene too. He'd be an effective embodiment of Jesse's conscience. Ugly and hard for Jesse to look at (in more ways than one), but he's usually in the right.

quote:

edit: Has this show made anyone else want to roadtrip to Texas?
loving hell no. The closer I get to Texas, the higher my chance of running into the Ted Cruz.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hated Transmet. Is it worth it for me to try the Preacher comics, or would it be more of the same?

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

sector_corrector posted:

I hated Transmet. Is it worth it for me to try the Preacher comics, or would it be more of the same?

I found Spider Jerusalem nigh-on insufferable but Comics Jesse is worse because he's typically always in the right.

AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

sector_corrector posted:

Warren Ellis and Garth Ennis are two different people. I apologize in advance if you aren't making the same mistake I make constantly.

I wouldn't recommend it if you didn't like Transmet, but that's mostly because I have no idea why someone wouldn't like Transmet. The two have a similar style of humor, I guess, which is pretty juvenile and 90s-edgy, but they've got very different settings, fairly different characters, and so forth.

Edit: As much as Spider is an author/reader-insert character, Jesse's even more so, and morality in Preacher is still pretty black and white when it comes down to it. Transmet at least gives you a shade of grey in The Beast. So yeah, probably a bad recommendation for you.

AtraMorS fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Aug 1, 2016

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

AtraMorS posted:

Warren Ellis and Garth Ennis are two different people.

...Well gently caress, I just conflated them, too. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
I did the exact same thing for many years. You are not alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Dude In A lovely God Costume was the best possible outcome to that particular storyline.

• Locked thread