Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The Mario All-Stars Collection is better than Kirby's, because it actually came out in PAL regions :negative:.

You should have just imported it since it's not like anyone wants to play 50Hz versions of games these days anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

systemchronos posted:

Which one should I get, SMT IV or DeSu 2 ?
I like the anime style of DeSu 2 more, but I've played the NDS version

DeSu2 is largely the same and I don't feel like the new arc really adds too much to the game. I love DeSu2 dearly but if you've already played it, I think SMTIV would be a better buy right now. Alternately, don't buy either and wait for SMT4: Apocalypse in a few months.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

[quote="Ineffiable" post="462632960[/quote]"]
Would be nice to have Metroid, Metroid 2, Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion, Zero Mission and Metroid Prime 1-3 all on one disc.
[/quote]

It would be nice for them to make a Metroid Zero Mission 2 remake of 2, a new 2D Metroid game and for me to win the lottery.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

In Training posted:

It would be nice for them to make a Metroid Zero Mission 2 remake of 2, a new 2D Metroid game and for me to win the lottery.

Metroid 2 deserves a remake so much. It should have at least gotten the GBC Link's Awakening treatment - just adding color would do that game so many favors.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Zonekeeper posted:

Metroid 2 deserves a remake so much. It should have at least gotten the GBC Link's Awakening treatment - just adding color would do that game so many favors.

I always found the default Super Game Boy palette to be pretty good.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

greatn posted:

I always found the default Super Game Boy palette to be pretty good.

The problem is that right now there's not really a way to play it that way, it's black and white on 3DS or bust.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Zonekeeper posted:

there's a fan-made one that's supposed to come out in like a week, and the demos for it were really good

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

systemchronos posted:

Which one should I get, SMT IV or DeSu 2 ?
I like the anime style of DeSu 2 more, but I've played the NDS version

If you liked Devil Survivor 2, it's more Devil Survivor 2. The new arc might as well be a sequel with how long it is.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Hey, I know this is comparing apples to oranges, but I got a birthday coupon for select games on the eShop.

Soooooo... Xenoblade X or Wooly World?

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Little Mac posted:

Hey, I know this is comparing apples to oranges, but I got a birthday coupon for select games on the eShop.

I'd say Xenoblade but with the caveat that the meat of the game is in the exploration and sidequests, not the main plot.

I think they're both great though!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

What's this? A proper good eShop game and of course it won't show up on the EU region. I wanna play Gotta Protectors! I have rights.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Saoshyant posted:

What's this? A proper good eShop game and of course it won't show up on the EU region. I wanna play Gotta Protectors! I have rights.

You have the right to a silly accent and not much else.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Little Mac posted:

They're both great but I have to give the slight edge to Yoshi. It's the only sequel that's lived up to the SNES game. Definitely go for X though if you want a game that'll last forever.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

I'd say Xenoblade but with the caveat that the meat of the game is in the exploration and sidequests, not the main plot.

I think they're both great though!

Do the sidequests have more to them than the original? They were pretty crappy I thought. I wouldn't have done them if not for the ease of fast travelling and the fact that you didn't have to return to quest givers to complete the quest.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i haven't played yoshi but i'm gonna say yoshi

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

snoremac posted:

Do the sidequests have more to them than the original? They were pretty crappy I thought. I wouldn't have done them if not for the ease of fast travelling and the fact that you didn't have to return to quest givers to complete the quest.

Most of them are story-based quests though there are still "collect 5 bear rear end" missions which you can generally ignore. I haven't finished the original but in X there are a lot of quests that tie into ongoing storylines, recruitment of different races to your city, unlocking skills for your party members, etc. Fast traveling is even easier & in general it's a ton easier to find people. The thing about the main story is that it's more like Act 1 of a 3-act structure so it doesn't resolve much of anything, but there are lots of fun, cool, dark, etc. sidequest storylines and things to explore, collect, & dress up with. It's much more of an open-world game than a traditional linear RPG. You can finish the main story in around 50-60h, I got about 200 out of the game so far

Yakiniku Teishoku fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jul 30, 2016

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Im gonna say Yoshi but also say I really don't like the xenoblade games at all

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

In Training posted:

Im gonna say Yoshi but also say I really don't like the xenoblade games at all

i like the first one a lot

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

i like the first one a lot

I thought the combat was really boring, with the MMO style rotating cooldown design.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

SeANMcBAY posted:

I have to give the slight edge to Yoshi. It's the only sequel that's lived up to the SNES game.

I am undoubtedly in a very small minority when I say that I didn't care for the SNES game at all but think that Woolly World is great.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

but there are lots of fun, cool, dark, etc. sidequest storylines

The one at the water treatment plant nearly gave me nightmares.

I did a lot of sidequests in that game. Most of the "plot" of XCX is tied up in worldbuilding and discovering things about NLA and Mira in general, and is tied up in the sidequests. If you don't do them, the game is extremely flat, but there's actually a very lively story hidden in the sidequests. I finished the game with 48% completion and have no desire to go back to it, but I feel like I had a much better experience than I would have if I had finished it with 20% completion.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Patter Song posted:

The one at the water treatment plant nearly gave me nightmares.

I did a lot of sidequests in that game. Most of the "plot" of XCX is tied up in worldbuilding and discovering things about NLA and Mira in general, and is tied up in the sidequests. If you don't do them, the game is extremely flat, but there's actually a very lively story hidden in the sidequests. I finished the game with 48% completion and have no desire to go back to it, but I feel like I had a much better experience than I would have if I had finished it with 20% completion.

Yeah, pretty much. The other thing that definitely enhanced my enjoyment of it was seeing how many high level or out of the way places I could get to before getting my robot. You can get surprisingly far sneaking and running & fast travel means it doesn't matter too much when you get owned. & of course there's tons of neat landmarks, secret areas, etc. I think I got to around 89% but haven't gotten/made all the superweapons or killed the superbosses. Plenty to do.

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!
Is Xenoblade X tied to the story of the original at all? Gonna start X (used the birthday coupon on it) but want to make sure I am not going to be missing anything from the original game.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
There's a few caplbacks but it's not connected, not same universe or anything.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

In Training posted:

The Zero Mission style fan-remake of Metroid 2 will be released in less than a week on Metroid's 30th anniversary
(this has been in development for almost ten years)

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
In a few hours there will be new My Nintendo rewards, most likely just VC to buy with gold coins

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

In a few hours there will be new My Nintendo rewards, most likely just VC to buy with gold coins
Less that two hours until the old rewards die. Some discounts will be gone in less than an hour. I'm hyped for disappointment.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Cool, please don't poo poo up this thread about how bad they are.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

what if one of them is urban champion

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I can't tell if it was updated or not

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

It must have been. Those Miitomo rewards are new, right?

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Nope, the shirts are for something entirely different and were up a few days ago.

Instead, it appears they are trying to show us how this wasn't a compete waste of everyone's time by replacing average offerings with literally nothing.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of August 4):

quote:

WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    ? - €?/ £?
WII U ADD-ON CONTENT
    Hyrule Warriors - Legends of Hyrule Season Pass - €9.99 / £8.99 for Wii U, €16.99 / £15.29 for Wii U + 3DS
    Minecraft Battle Map Season Pass - €9.99 / £7.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until August 11
    Star Wars Pinball (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £3.99 from August 4-18
    Star Wars Pinball: Balance of the Force Pack (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £3.99 from August 4-18
    Star Wars Pinball: Heroes Within (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £3.99 from August 4-18
    Star Wars Pinball; Star Wars Rebels (Wii U eShop) - €1.49 / £1.19 from August 4-18
    Nano Assault Neo (Wii U eShop) - €7.49 / £6.70 from August 4-25

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Goosebumps: The Game - €19.99 / £14.99 (permanent price reduction)
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Alien on the Run - €4.99 / £4.19
    Stickman Super Athletics - €2.49 / £2.25 until August 22, standard price €2.99 / £2.69
    Alien on the Run (demo)
3DS ADD-ON CONTENT
    Hyrule Warriors - Legends of Hyrule Season Pass - €14.99 / £13.49 for Wii U, €16.99 / £15.29 for 3DS + Wii U
3DS MENU THEMES (August 5)
    Pokemon-Amie Substitute - €1.99 / £1.79
    Pokemon Pair Set - €3.49 / £3.19
  • Pair Art: Latias & Latios
  • Pair Art: Gardevoir & Gallade
    Hello Kitty Gymnastic - €0.99 / £0.89
    Hello Kitty Ice Cream - €0.99 / £0.89
    Hello Kitty Lovely Apples - €0.99 / £0.89
    Hello KittyTropical - €0.99 / £0.89
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Buy any 2 SNES Street Fighter games on New 3DS VC, get the 3rd free! - ends August 11
    Legend of Dark Witch 2 (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until August 4
    Witch & Hero 2 (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.39 until August 4
    Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until August 11

Direct this week?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The retail versions of Steamworld Collection and FAST Racing Neo are up for preorder, by the way - €24.99 each, as predicted.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

How can we, there aren't any new rewards. What garbage.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Maybe the true reward is that our purchasing decisions are no longer influenced by our desire to earn lackluster rewards.

And More fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Aug 1, 2016

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The Kid Icarus discount is great because Kid Icarus is great.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I wish Kid Icarus Uprising had a control scheme that didn't hurt my hands, because otherwise the game is amazing.
(I'm a lefty by the way.)

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Augus posted:

I wish Kid Icarus Uprising had a control scheme that didn't hurt my hands, because otherwise the game is amazing.
(I'm a lefty by the way.)

Yeah I bought that game and loved all 10 minutes of it I could stand to play as a lefty. I even have the physical one with the stand, which really helps, but it's not very lefty-friendly unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
It's the one thing keeping me from recommending it to my brother, honestly.