Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009

Titus Sardonicus posted:

He's right you know

I'm the Leprechaun race.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HollywoodDialysis
Jan 19, 2005

not doing nothing
Grimey Drawer

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I think i speak for every sane person when i say: what?

The joke is that 'numbers are increasing GLOBALLY'

'globally' means tacit admission that the earth is round.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

*draws a bunch of realtively insulting stereotypes (e.g buck toothed asian running a laundromat in martial arts gear)* "There is no race problem as long as we don't talk about it!"

HollywoodDialysis posted:

I'm not confident they are self aware enough to intentionally be that clever.

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Aug 1, 2016

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

TheMostFrench posted:

*draws a bunch of realtively insulting stereotypes (e.g buck toothed asian running a laundromat)* "There is no race problem as long as we don't talk about it!"

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.

TheMostFrench posted:

*draws a bunch of realtively insulting stereotypes (e.g buck toothed asian running a laundromat in martial arts gear)* "There is no race problem as long as we don't talk about it!"

drat bloomin Onion.

HollywoodDialysis
Jan 19, 2005

not doing nothing
Grimey Drawer

TheMostFrench posted:

:thejoke:

Incidentally - it's hard to find that Art Bell thing without a bunch of crazy 'remixes' of the debate by flat earthers.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

TheMostFrench posted:

every single fuckin time lmao

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches

Just a dude posting his sick full tang broadsword not too weird.
Hey who's that with him in his profile pic?

oh

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Schwarbage posted:

oh

I'm so nervous about the new Twin Peaks! :cripes:

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

I'm so nervous about the new Twin Peaks! :cripes:

That doll you like is coming back in stock!

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Schwarbage posted:

oh

heh I remember him from this documentary on RealDolls:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxCkULUnVH0

def worth watching if you haven't

Risky
May 18, 2003

What if you are Muslim and made of latex

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

I dont think these people know that.
I dont think these people know much at all.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

good god those teeth need whitening

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Decrepus posted:

*tries to bend down with anything in the pockets*

*gives in to the pain*

suffer for fashion baby

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Titus Sardonicus posted:

He's right you know

hrmmm.....................

oh

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I can understand that somebody might not be familiar with the Onion's editorial cartoonist, but how can you not tell what is so obviously a satire of bad political cartoons?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

notZaar posted:

I can understand that somebody might not be familiar with the Onion's editorial cartoonist, but how can you not tell what is so obviously a satire of bad political cartoons?

:monocle: goddammit i just played myself failed to check the bottom right corner

gently caress.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

notZaar posted:

I've seen some lovely political cartoons I guess.

ConstantDelays
Jan 1, 2013

thathonkey posted:

hrmmm.....................

oh
How is that the only stereotype you noticed? How did you not notice it's an Onion cartoon? How did you think that message was unironic? How?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

extra stout posted:

this is probably the most frightening form of propaganda that exists

complaining about any actual problem means you don't support the troops

remember when bill o'reilly actually responded to an anti-war statement with 'my nephew is in the military DON'T denigrate his service to our country'

I would love to read a history of US jingoism

notZaar posted:

Their cartoons were always great, then they became the only good part of The Onion, then they started getting pushy with the paywall and I stopped going to the site. I'd buy a collection of the cartoons, if they had one

VRViperII
Mar 17, 2009
I have read thousands of pages of the political cartoons thread. Not once did I question if "Kelly" was serious. On the Onion, I supposed the irony would be obvious, but read beside the other conservative cartoons, it disappears. Taken seriously, "Kelly" isn't even close to being as offensive as the others.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

ConstantDelays posted:

How is that the only stereotype you noticed? How did you not notice it's an Onion cartoon? How did you think that message was unironic? How?

cause i am dumb as hell

i screencapped the asian stereotype because i thought it was the most blatant

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

i think the onion's editorial cartoons are the most misunderstood part of the onion. unlike the rest of the onion it's not satirical. they actually believe these things.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Incidentally - it's hard to find that Art Bell thing without a bunch of crazy 'remixes' of the debate by flat earthers.

yeah, sadly chronically wrong people will do that. I was lucky to hear it live.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Risky posted:

What if you are Muslim and made of latex

A man walked into an adult store and asked for a blow-up doll. The clerk asked if the man would prefer a christian, jew, or muslim type doll. The man asked, "what's the difference?" The clerk answered, "the muslim doll blows itself up."

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

psychokitty posted:

A man walked into an adult store and asked for a blow-up doll. The clerk asked if the man would prefer a christian, jew, or muslim type doll. The man asked, "what's the difference?" The clerk answered, "the muslim doll blows itself up."

*smashes that like button*

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

psychokitty posted:

lol

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

psychokitty posted:

Goddammit

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

psychokitty posted:

i haven't heard this one in forever :laffo:

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Puppy Galaxy posted:

i think the onion's editorial cartoons are the most misunderstood part of the onion. unlike the rest of the onion it's not satirical. they actually believe these things.

No, the guy who writes for "Kelly" does other cartoons and they are exactly as milquetoast and hand wringy as you would expect from a liberal doing a sincere piece.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The people who have crippled you
You want to see them burn
The gates of life have closed on you
And now there's just no return
You're wishing that the hands of doom
Could take your mind away
And you don't care if you don't see again
The light of day

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Code Jockey posted:

every single fuckin time lmao

:hf:
gently caress yeah I love it

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

notZaar posted:

No, the guy who writes for "Kelly" does other cartoons and they are exactly as milquetoast and hand wringy as you would expect from a liberal doing a sincere piece.

those FUCMIBG LIVERALS FJDNSJDKDDDFMDHDJSDJ

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

psychokitty posted:

FWD: FWD: Fwd: FWD: Re: FWD:

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Dude I think my sexuality was turned into a meme

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

psychokitty posted:

:wow:

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Stuntman posted:

those FUCMIBG LIVERALS FJDNSJDKDDDFMDHDJSDJ

There are funny liberals like Futurama and the Venture Bros, then there are guys like the Kelly dude and Ted Rall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
A lot of middle aged women on my Facebook sure have a lot to say about how awful Winona Ryder looks in Stranger Things.

• Locked thread