Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

PCOS Bill posted:

544 giant crybabies

One insufferable loon. Who will win?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

beefnoodle posted:

I think it's great that Nike makes orthopedic shoes.

They have done for quite some time!

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

88h88 posted:

They have done for quite some time!

Oh no you di'nt!

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Bogan Krkic posted:

I'm not some nerd with 'budgets' and 'spreadsheets', friend

Same.

I look forward to u blowing it up and then me convincing u to put a merc v12 in and making it sound like a zonda for some big time lols.

Well ok bye!

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Very not surprised at some of that list.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

flosofl posted:

Sweet I made the list. I ordered one of those Philip One blade shaver thingies.

Duck and Cover has a new favorite as of 21:30 on Jul 31, 2016

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I bought a helmet for my head:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

flosofl posted:

Same here. I don't recognize a lot of them so I assume they are FYAD or TFR weirdos.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Inzombiac posted:

Same here. I don't recognize a lot of them so I assume they are FYAD or TFR weirdos.

TFR? What a weird loving assumption

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

You and 3O were the ones where I would have eaten my hat if you were not in the top 50.

I bought a 40 oz. Hydro Flask. Cost be damned. I want ice cold water all day.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

850CSi?

Just awesome. Have fun stomping the pedal

PCOS Bill posted:

Hope you budgeted 3-4x the purchase price for maintenance

Can confirm, my old boss has one and for every hour of drive-time it's about 2 hours of shop time.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Sappo569 posted:

850CSi?

Just the 850i, don't think we actually got any CSis here

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
I know this has been discussed before but I can't seem to find the discussion or it might have been in another thread entirely. But any recommendations on awesome large backpacks? I generally carry 2x 40oz Hydroflasks to work in my current backpack but that is literally all I have room for and would like something bigger.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Wanamingo posted:

Reminder that SA tracks who the most ignored users are

Content:

Needed more. Wish it didn't cost $9 for such a tiny little container, but it's still the only lotion I found that'll unfuck my feet.

I forgot what thread I was in and genuinely thought this was a Liartown USA thing.

Etrips posted:

I know this has been discussed before but I can't seem to find the discussion or it might have been in another thread entirely. But any recommendations on awesome large backpacks? I generally carry 2x 40oz Hydroflasks to work in my current backpack but that is literally all I have room for and would like something bigger.

I genuinely love my GoRuck GR1. I got the 26L one since I'm 6'1" and it has been awesome. I've got my laptop, camera, 3DS, chargers for everything, books, tools (smaller stuff like micro screwdriver and Torx kits, wire cutters, etc) Nalgene, dop kit, sunglasses case, and there's a ton more room in there. It's pricey, but the straps are super comfy, the firm plate between the laptop compartment and the main compartment helps with weight distribution, it stands up on its own, and it's really easy to pack.

This is my third week of packing up more or less my entire life in it, heading to a factory, working 14 hours a day, and carting it all over Shenzhen. I think I'm going to have it for a long time and it's comfortable even when loaded up.

NewFatMike has a new favorite as of 01:48 on Aug 1, 2016

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

NewFatMike posted:

I forgot what thread I was in and genuinely thought this was a Liartown USA thing.

I genuinely love my GoRuck GR1. I got the 26L one since I'm 6'1" and it has been awesome. I've got my laptop, camera, 3DS, chargers for everything, books, tools (smaller stuff like micro screwdriver and Torx kits, wire cutters, etc) Nalgene, dop kit, sunglasses case, and there's a ton more room in there. It's pricey, but the straps are super comfy, the firm plate between the laptop compartment and the main compartment helps with weight distribution, it stands up on its own, and it's really easy to pack.

This is my third week of packing up more or less my entire life in it, heading to a factory, working 14 hours a day, and carting it all over Shenzhen. I think I'm going to have it for a long time and it's comfortable even when loaded up.

That sounds exactly like something I am looking for. Now to find some pictures of the innards!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Goruck was running a huge sale on their backpacks all through July and you just missed it.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Mu Zeta posted:

Goruck was running a huge sale on their backpacks all through July and you just missed it.

Welp. :(

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Wanamingo posted:

Reminder that SA tracks who the most ignored users are

Content:

Needed more. Wish it didn't cost $9 for such a tiny little container, but it's still the only lotion I found that'll unfuck my feet.

Bahahahaha, I love how Bill has shot up 20 spots since that was first brought up in this thread. Whoever said upward mobility was a lie?

For content, I just bought this!

For the record, not a gun part, though I suppose it could technically be used as a penis pump

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Dang $300 is pretty deep for a new backpack.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Etrips posted:

If you are going to do some serious hiking and whatnot, it's very worth it.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Inzombiac posted:

If you are going to do some serious hiking and whatnot, it's very worth it.

It is more to fit all the stuff I want to carry into work with me.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

PCOS Bill posted:

Sorry you don't like common sense advice

I've read your posts before dipshit, you don't either.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

treiz01 posted:

There's no need for hostilities, I'm not the reason your daddy left.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

treiz01 posted:

Don't feed him. Bill is a low-effort troll. There's a reason he's on a ton of ignore lists.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Etrips posted:

It is more to fit all the stuff I want to carry into work with me.

How much do you need to carry, in lbs.?
Or Kg if you hate freedom.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Inzombiac posted:

How much do you need to carry, in lbs.?
Or Kg if you hate freedom.

2x 40oz Hydroflasks is what is currently taking up the majority of my pack. Also have my 3DS, chargers, pens, keys, eyeglass case. Would like to throw in some books or something too but alas, no space.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

...what is your job?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Janitor for NASA

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Sappo569 posted:

Can confirm, my old boss has one and for every hour of drive-time it's about 2 hours of shop time.

I've always liked the 8 series for the looks and the fancy seatbelt built into the seat, but at 12mpg I don't think I could bring myself to stomp the pedal very often.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
v nice

i recently bought this beast

4 cylinders of power

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG
Speaking of minimally powered cars, we traded in our old suburban wagon for an easier-to-park city car, with an insane amount of space (thanks, magic seats!) for the 2 big dogs. 2016 Honda HRV. (Not my pic)

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Inzombiac posted:

...what is your job?

A registered nurse, but I fail to see how that is relevant.

Zahi
Jun 4, 2009

bent

beefnoodle posted:

Speaking of minimally powered cars, we traded in our old suburban wagon for an easier-to-park city car, with an insane amount of space (thanks, magic seats!) for the 2 big dogs. 2016 Honda HRV. (Not my pic)

Nice rig! I bet you and your life partner will have loads of adventures!

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.

Etrips posted:

That sounds exactly like something I am looking for. Now to find some pictures of the innards!

If you don't mind having MOLLE webbing all over the outside, some of the 5.11 Tactical bags might suit you; they're a bit cheaper than the Goruck stuff but I've heard good things about their durability.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

beefnoodle posted:

Why not just get the Fit it was built on?

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
August pocket money already blown on a ticket to see Lazarus in December when I go up to town for my annual Christmas/post semester rampage. Although I still need to get a small chest of drawers to replace a precious stack of boxes next to the desk in my study at the house.

Lotta shopping lately, but can't be arsed to take/post photos; mostly clothes from a trip to Paris (ostensibly four days for a conference, but loads of people backed out at the last minute because of the attack on Nice, so the conference got condensed into one day. So hit up all the sales, huzzah).

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I got my tax return and bought a bunch of stuff

JK Industries lapel pin:

An Elixir of Light candle:

Ticket to see Slipknot and Lamb of God in October:

Some Butcher Billy prints:

And this t-shirt:

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

You weirdos drinking cold water. Room temp water is superior.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

djfooboo posted:

You weirdos drinking cold water. Room temp water is superior.

That poo poo is disgusting. So is tap water. And bottled water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Etrips posted:

Gotta amortize!

My last backpack was $150 and has the same footprint as the 26L GoRuck. It lasted 5 years of bringing it everywhere every day. Cycling to work, bringing it between jobs, and more or less living out of it for my first two years out of college. It finally started to go real limp and frayed at the seams, so I couldn't really confidently carry anything in it.

The GoRuck is twice the price, sure, but it'll last at least twice as long as the last one and in the same form factor can actually carry my laptop. Definitely worth the price difference. Like a good dad it's sturdy, firm, and supportive.