Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
The anime is currently the best it ever was (and not just because of fights like that)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
New trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AZHowhxM0U

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
rip gyms

rip mega evolution

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Welcome Ice/Fairy Ninetales

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I wasn't expecting canon variations! Holy poo poo.

EDIT: Also, Yongoos's evolve form, Gumshoos. Hah.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Dexie posted:

Spoilers for the anime, but everything is VERY strongly hinting at an Ash victory right now. Even the episode titles are implying that Ash is finally going to win this time.

I was just going to mention this. Sounds nuts, but looks like it's finally gonna happen. I'm guessing that after that, he'll make it all the way to Diantha and lose, or it'll get interrupted by Zygarde/Team Flare shenanigans. Lysander is in the opening credits, and he's going to appear in next week's episode. What a time to be alive.

Anyway, my hope is that Alola will have less water than Hoenn somehow, despite being a chain of islands, and that Pokémon get an "HM slot" that is separate from their 4 moves, thus letting you have both Surf as a move, and Surf as an overworld mechanic, etc.

Game Freak already answered my prayers through Hyper Training, so anything after that is just being greedy. Though I hope the story/characters are as good as Black and White's were, and that there's an extensive post-game, mini-games as fun as HG/SS's Pokéathalon, a Vs. Seeker, Gym Leader rematches, a Hard difficulty, and the ultimate dream, another World Tournament like B2W2's.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I loving flipped at Thin Exeggutor, holy poo poo. Was not expecting that or Pokémon variants at all, that's awesome.

Those birds are amazing

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

How dare they introduce new forms of old pokemon to trick me into using them again. :argh:

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Holy poo poo there is so much to unpack.

But yeah, I think there's enough info for a new thread. I need to get working on that.

Stalgren
Mar 22, 2006

Charizard Go!
lol at palm tree exeggutor. I guess they new pokemon couldn't ALL be winning designs

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Also, this confirms the leak from a while ago:

quote:

There will be no traditional Gyms and no Pokémon League in Alola. Your goal is to actually create one. After you do, an Elite 4 will appear which are the leaders of each island
The final starter evolutions will be an Archer, a Wrestler and a Siren
The diamond stones will be collectible throughout the region and act similarly to Mega Stones but not exactly
New Pokémon based on a dolphin, sea cucumber, snowman, mushroom and a rugby monkey are there
Rockruff’s evolution is a Werewolf
Mashadow, another copyrighted Pokémon name, has a very unique type combo

There was also another part of the leak that correctly predicted the Alola Forms, though I can't find it at the moment.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
jesus christ pokemon

this gen is amazing

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

There are too many pokemon I want to use. :(

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Stalgren posted:

lol at palm tree exeggutor. I guess they new pokemon couldn't ALL be winning designs

Exeggutor is now a palm tree dragon and I for one think that's swell.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Ugh I hope the Aloha Forms don't end up being like Mega Evolutions where they're used as an excuse to make less Pokemon. I want a full roster this time (although I admit to liking palm tree Exeggutor). I'm more into the collecting than fighting

I love Gumshoos looking like a 1940s detective or mobster

That dancing bird is dope

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

oh my gooooooooooooooood

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Why is that mantis pure Grass and not part Bug tho

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Dunban posted:

yessssszzzzssssssssssssssd

Stalgren
Mar 22, 2006

Charizard Go!
Lookit those dancin boids though

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Fomantis & Lurantis are amazing, definitely using them on my second playthrough when I'm not using Rowlett.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

the little sonic enemy that loses its shell yessssaSsssssDssawaSSSS

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Dunban posted:

There was also another part of the leak that correctly predicted the Alola Forms, though I can't find it at the moment.

I hope this is wrong because I don't want another fire/fighting

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

holy poo poo exeggutor holy poo poo vulpix and ninetales and sandshrew and sandslash and drat they are giving gen 1 pokes some nice attention

oh man, that is a nice birb and that meteor rules and OH MY GOODNESS HE'S AN ALIEN

gumshoos is cool

a more mantisy mantis is nice and lookit that tiny donkey :3:

I like the look of Z-moves

possibly that rumour about not gyms is looking more like a thing, but the trials and such seem a bit like just gyms with the serial numbers filed off so far

Anyway, another good bunch of critters, some more interesting mechanics, looking forward to this a lot.

also why is exeggutor a dragon I love it

e: and I guess a meteor is kind of a space fossil so that satisfies me as well

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Ice-type Vulpix is the cutest thing. I will catch 20.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Stalgren posted:

Lookit those dancin boids though

They should give its ability to Ludicolo and Meloetta as well

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

So no Gyms, super attacks for even unevolved pokemon called Z-moves, a few new Pokemon, and weirdly entirely new forms of old Pokemon that could possibly even make Ninetales useful?

Just three more months.

Dunban posted:

I still don't know how to feel about Wrassle Cat or Mermaid Seal, but Owl Archer sounds tight.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Tired Moritz posted:

I hope this is wrong because I don't want another fire/fighting

It's supposedly Fire / Dark

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Sandshrew's name doesn't make sense anymore. It should be Snowshrew now.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Geostomp posted:

weirdly entirely new forms of old Pokemon that could possibly even make Ninetales useful?

4x weak to Steel tho :(

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Geostomp posted:

I still don't know how to feel about Wrassle Cat or Mermaid Seal, but Owl Archer sounds tight.

excuse me that's Ezio Owltore

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Gumshoos running for president

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Also poor Tierno, he arrived a gen too early

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/pokemon/lurantis/

Seems like Solar Blade is literally a physical version of Solar Beam.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
man, all the ahola versions look more better than the original. Grass/Dragon? Ice/FAIRY? ICE/STEEL?

I'm very glad I can finally do a dance to let my pokemon unleash disgaea styled attacks.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Let's see what we got folks.

Alolan Exeggutor, Grass/Dragon, with the ability Frisk. Said to be the original form of Exeggutor to reach the sun. Has a fourth head on its tail that it uses to attack opponents.

Alolan Vulpix, pure Ice, with the ability Snow Cloak. Came to the region with humans, where it moved to the icy regions to avoid the normal habitats of other Pokemon and adapted.

Alolan Ninetails, Ice/Fairy with the ability Snow Cloak. Lives on snowy peaks and treated as emissaries, as well as producing ice crystals.

Alolan Sandshrew, Ice/Steel with the ability Snow Cloak. Erupting volcanoes forced Sandshrew to migrate to snowy mountains, where it adapted.

Alolan Sandslash, Ice/Steel with the ability Snow Cloak. Their spiny backs are covered in ice and makes them slower, but they create paths with their claws.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Tired Moritz posted:

man, all the ahola versions look more better than the original. Grass/Dragon? Ice/FAIRY? ICE/STEEL?

I'm very glad I can finally do a dance to let my pokemon unleash disgaea styled attacks.

Exeggutor looks goofy as hell, but that's still kind of an improvement from looking like a fat guy in a tree costume. Vulpix becoming something other than completely inferior to Growlithe's line after all these years is what I'm most curious about.

Dunban posted:

http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/pokemon/lurantis/

Seems like Solar Blade is literally a physical version of Solar Beam.

Yes, but it looks awesome and Grass needs more strong physical attacks.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
exeggutor: radical
icepix / frosttales: what the gently caress
briskshrew / coldslash: tubular
dancing birbs, all of them, look awesome. also a counter to quiver dance which is funny to me
i am not sure what shields down actually does or what different colored miniors are supposed to do but its cool
gumshoos has redeemed itself, its awesome, while yungoos is not
grass one looks pretty boring tbh but solar blade looked excellent
lol mudbray

mounts confirmed
kiawe is boss as hell

boss fights with summoned adds? thats weird but i am down for it
lmao rowlets sundrop dance combo is bloom doom, that owns, litten gets hellfire, poopolio gets white whorl

i am extremely hype for this. i wonder if z-dances are going to stick around for competitive play?

SilverGryphon
Oct 14, 2012

This might just be fun after all.
Reaaaally hoping the starter leak still isn't true, ugh >_<

I need that ice/fairy Ninetails. And the dancing birb. That Eggxecutor is something else though.

Holy crap orchid praying mantis.

Dancebirb would make an interesting core for a monoflying team. I wonder if there's gonna be a trainer somewhere who runs all dancebirbs?

Calling it now. Minior will get Selfdestruct.

I... am not certain I like Gumshoos but I do appreciate the pun in its name.

Mudbray is adorable :3

Soaring confirmed for Alola?!?!?!?! Yesssssss!

So, you have to perform a task for the trial captains, beat the trial captains in battle, and the battle the Island Kahunas? And somewhere in there fight Totem Pokemon. Sounds pretty awesome!

Why yes, I think charging up my Pokemon's Ultimate Attack (tm) with the power of a silly dance is a fantastic idea! Also 'Bloom Doom' is just hilarious.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

So it kinda sounds like PokeRides have eliminated the use of HM moves. They don't stay in your party, you can summon them freely, and in the trailer you can FLY on a Charizard and SURF on a Sharpedo. I think this might be the greatest generation ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/z-moves/

Experience the Z-Ring for Real on Your Own Arm!
Tomy International will be releasing a Z-Ring item for sale, timed to match up with the launch of Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon.

When a player uses a Z-Move in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, his or her real-life Z-Ring will light up, vibrate, and play sounds to go along with the video and sounds in the game. With this new experience, players will feel the force of these overwhelming Z-Moves with even more realism! Please look forward to more details about the Z-Ring to come from Tomy International.

• Locked thread