Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

TastyLemonDrops posted:

Man, I think I enjoyed the first season, but I'm on episode 15 now and this show kinda blows?

Episode 15 is one of the best episodes in the series, if not the best, just saying. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

NowonSA posted:

I mean yeah, it'd basically be AYNIK at that point, but we have a small number of episodes left, and I can't think of a better way to convey repeated lives/attempts in a limited time than that kind of multiple try montage. And as fun as it would be to have his big Rem pep talk persist in both their memories going forward, I'd rather have the sense that he's really pulled off a miracle by beating the Hakugei, and that it took the grit of being willing to die again and again. Not welcoming those deaths as they come or seeking them, but being willing to accept them rather than the consistently pitiful deaths he's had so far.

The failures can and should hurt, both physically and mentally, but we're at the point where I want him to be mentally tough enough to be able to power through it.

I think narratively speaking unless something comes out of left field Subaru has the information, motivation, and self understanding needed to carry through. His loops result in death because of some oversight, lack of knowledge, or wrong goals.

He has the White Whale, Cultists to deal with. He knows that none of the other claimants are his friends, but he does decently understand people if given the chance to consider them, and now he has information he can trade around he didn't know before. Subaru's suffering is to enable him to progress as a character and learn and grow; he's done that. This is his "Fight with Archer" moment was talking with Rem. Defeating the White Whale and the Cultists is his Gilgamesh moment in which defeating them is a matter of combining what he knows and what he's learned together in such a way as to carry him through to the next check point but now as a strong, better, person.

Assuming there isn't an additional revelation the next couple of episodes are about defeating the White Whale and gathering support for fighting the Cultists all in a way where he doesn't break his promise to Emilia.

I think that's the last piece of the puzzle if whether he understands that, my guess is the last condition he has to clear is doing all of the above without returning to Emilia. Emilia has to go to him.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

PerrineClostermann posted:

The first season is currently airing.

Oh. For some reason I thought it was on the second one already. I must've been thinking about the side shorts. I think I liked it up to the point where the main character became retarded, but maybe this was always the case. :shrug:

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

TastyLemonDrops posted:

Man, I think I enjoyed the first season, but I'm on episode 15 now and this show kinda blows?

If you don't like episode 15 you should drop it. A lot can be said of how the series is good, and there are more than a few perfectly good reasons to not enjoy it (and that episode in particular), but ultimately if that episode failed to get any emotional reactions out of you that left you looking for more then it's just not for you.

Disconnecticus
Oct 21, 2012

Wait, like, actual money?

darkgray posted:

Today I learned that a lot of people think of love as a big scale, and if you put enough incoming feelings on one side, it tips and changes your target of affection!

I never would have imagined nerds making that mistake.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

TastyLemonDrops posted:

Oh. For some reason I thought it was on the second one already. I must've been thinking about the side shorts. I think I liked it up to the point where the main character became retarded, but maybe this was always the case. :shrug:

If that's what you're feeling, I don't think you're going to enjoy any more of the show.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

"I know man, this loop stuff sucks don't it?"

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Which other time loop anime is that a reference too?

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!

SweetBro posted:

Steins; Gate

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

SweetBro posted:

Like Logicblade said, Steins;Gate, also I highly recommend it, it's really, really good.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Steins;Gate gets off to a slow start, just FYI.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

And, offscreen, Kyon is avoiding his homework.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I look forward to my friend, Subaru, overcoming these obstacles and getting everyone to work toward a common goal of loving up the cultists and going on a Moby Dick mission. :getin:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

TastyLemonDrops posted:

Might as well bail if you considered his reaction retarded. This show will just drive you crazy.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
I am loving that this series is basically an anti-SAO. People being frustrated that Subaru retains psychological damage from extreme trauma multiple times are probably not going to enjoy what the story seems to be going for.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Raenir Salazar posted:

I think narratively speaking unless something comes out of left field Subaru has the information, motivation, and self understanding needed to carry through. His loops result in death because of some oversight, lack of knowledge, or wrong goals.

He has the White Whale, Cultists to deal with. He knows that none of the other claimants are his friends, but he does decently understand people if given the chance to consider them, and now he has information he can trade around he didn't know before. Subaru's suffering is to enable him to progress as a character and learn and grow; he's done that. This is his "Fight with Archer" moment was talking with Rem. Defeating the White Whale and the Cultists is his Gilgamesh moment in which defeating them is a matter of combining what he knows and what he's learned together in such a way as to carry him through to the next check point but now as a strong, better, person.

Assuming there isn't an additional revelation the next couple of episodes are about defeating the White Whale and gathering support for fighting the Cultists all in a way where he doesn't break his promise to Emilia.

I think that's the last piece of the puzzle if whether he understands that, my guess is the last condition he has to clear is doing all of the above without returning to Emilia. Emilia has to go to him.

I feel like he doesn't have the information needed to take out the White Whale in one go, even with massive help from the kingdom and candidates. He isn't sure how it erases people from the timeline (even we can only guess at this point) and it could very well have abilities we didn't see since it was just ambushing a random carriage and not fighting for its life. He also needs to get everyone on board, which I don't expect him to quite manage right out of the gate here even with the Rem pep talk. I think he'll get 2-3 candidates to help him this go around, but it's probably going to take all four and some assistance from forces generally assigned to the defense of the kingdom, aka fodder knights. I can't imagine he doesn't beat both the whale and the cultists, but there's no way a show as dark as this doesn't have that happen without some losses along the way. The Whale's abilities in particular are custom made for this show's particular brand of suffering, I figure one of the candidates' knights will be erased from everyone's memory (except for Subaru's) even on the best possible takedown of the Whale, I mean I can't imagine introducing that ability and not having it happen to at least one character and they're just about the only named characters who are expendable. If a candidate tagged along and got erased that would be a huge deal and I'd be impressed if Re:Zero's willing to go that far (imagine the hijinx when a decent force has no idea why they signed up for this crazy venture), but I don't expect that to happen.

I don't want Subaru to need to loop a bunch to beat the whale or the cultists, the guy's suffered enough, but I just can't imagine things working out how he wants them to just because he's got a fair amount of information to work with and isn't mind broken anymore. It's like he knows there's going to be a shootout and he can convince people to come back him up, but he hasn't seen that shootout with these new people involved yet and there's tons more variables that will need some loops to get sorted out.

Good call on Emilia needing to come to him, Puck mentioning it as a promise broken means it's probably a bigger deal than we think it is. I feel like he's going to loophole around that somehow, maybe just by not actively seeking out Emilia and letting her come to him after all the fighting's over. Him being able to not spaz out and go running after her right away would be pretty big character growth.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Mindblast posted:

Might as well bail if you considered his reaction retarded. This show will just drive you crazy.

"why doesn't he just kill himself to reset after he fucks up lmao"

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Futaba Anzu posted:

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Dying Hard Hahahaha Nigga Just Jump From A Cliff Again Like Nigga Slit Your Wrists Haha

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

TastyLemonDrops posted:

i know right? i keep watching cause seeing him get owned is p fun tho

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Futaba Anzu posted:

my big question is why doesn't he just pass his knowledge of future events off as him being able to see the future? doesn't seem to be a stretch to think fortune tellers exist in a world with giant flying whales, and that way he doesn't need to explain return by death to anyone

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
Gods, Rem :smith:

I haven't been looking forward for the next week's anime fix this much since...Code Geass or Madoka Magica.
Must be something with our unconscious human desire of happy, plastic endings facing the cold, brutal, inescapable realities.

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
Ha, I'm just repeating the same post after each ep.

Grouchio posted:

Or from reading Punpun?

I don't want to go back to Kagoshima :ohdear:

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Theory: Those witch hands didn't kill Emilia to punish Subaru. They killed her because she's the witch of envy, and she was jealous as gently caress of Emilia right then while also in a position to do something about it, since Subaru managed to give them an entrance while also basically declaring that he loved Emilia enough that he didn't give a poo poo about himself.

subaru doesn't get to love anyone but his jealous ex/future girlfriend (it gets weird with all the time poo poo)

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Condiv posted:

my big question is why doesn't he just pass his knowledge of future events off as him being able to see the future? doesn't seem to be a stretch to think fortune tellers exist in a world with giant flying whales, and that way he doesn't need to explain return by death to anyone

Presumably that will trigger the magic VAC system anyway and either kill him, the witnesses or both.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

What if Rem is the jealous witch :tinfoil:
a) shes a devil
b) slothing during village raid made her sister lose a horn
c) shes envious of emilia because subaru loves her
and as plot proceeds she will complete the rest of the sins.
maybe she shapeshifts into emilia in future to make subaru love her.

On serious note the witches aim to kill emilia because that triggers the puck apocalypse.

This show is pretty great

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

I wouldn't be surprised if the witch is actually trying to keep her alive.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Dark Off posted:

On serious note the witches aim to kill emilia because that triggers the puck apocalypse.

It feels more like the witch is ensuring Subaru carries out the plotline in such a way that it will ensure her creation at the end of it.

Though nothing really explains why he was dragged into this fantasy world in the first place. Do the LNs touch upon this issue at all?

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006
What's up with all the :tinfoil: about characters becoming other characters in the story? It's like the opposite of Occam's Razor.

Conspiratiorist posted:

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Dying Hard Hahahaha Nigga Just Jump From A Cliff Again Like Nigga Slit Your Wrists Haha
heh

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Belgian Waffle posted:

What's up with all the :tinfoil: about characters becoming other characters in the story? It's like the opposite of Occam's Razor.

Characters turning out to be the same person from different points in time is just a thing time travel stories do. You can take it too far, though...

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Dark Off posted:

What if Rem is the jealous witch :tinfoil:
a) shes a devil
b) slothing during village raid made her sister lose a horn
c) shes envious of emilia because subaru loves her
and as plot proceeds she will complete the rest of the sins.
maybe she shapeshifts into emilia in future to make subaru love her.

she lusts after subaro so nother sin

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
So some differences between the anime and web version thus far in regards to Subaru and Rem's relationship. Read these posts if you want a greater understanding of Subaru's character, which are relevant in the future, or skip it if you hate Subaru or something and want to remain anime pure. After all the whole point of me doing this is to advertise for reading the web novel so if you'll never have the interest to do so then just forget this.

But first here's a primer before I dive into the chapters this episode was based off of, first is how Subaru viewed Rem before the body counts started piling up this arc. Now after that, a conflict the anime skipped and kinda of hinted at was Subaru's distrust of Rem's motives and inability to fully accept her into his heart. The anime kind of hints this during the first death loop when Subaru was resting on Rem's lap and when they were at the inn where Subaru keeps asking why she is doing all this for him. The whole incident at the castle and fighting with Emilia has messed with Subaru's mind pretty badly and he begins having suspicions about why Rem is still sticking around with him and he believes that she is only doing so because Roswaal ordered her to.

Now to the second death loop. Like in the anime, during the night when they camped outside Rem lets Subaru sleep inside the carriage with a blanket while she keeps watch outside, and she confesses to feeling guilty that she was happy to have Subaru to herself in the capital regardless of what happened between him and Emilia. Let me backtrack for a sec here to remind what happened during the first death loop; Subaru convinces himself Rem is only with him still because of Roswaal but he still trusts her a little bit, but then he feels betrayed by her when she leaves him by himself because he feels she had abandoned him because she like everyone else doesn't believe in his ability to do anything. Then he sees all the dead villagers and Rem and his thoughts turn into guilt because he blames himself for their deaths. He thinks it was his selfish desire to have a big incident happen just so he can come in and fix everything and show Emilia that she needs him and that this selfish desire of his caused everyone to die. Additionally by not staying in the capital he directly caused Rem to die too. Subaru's mind breaks under all this and in the second death loop he is reduced to primal thoughts and emotions. So while Subaru was operating under base thoughts with no facade or other complex thoughts, unknown to Rem while she was sleeping outside next to ground dragon, he got up out of the carriage and laid next to her to sleep next to her.

Now I'm going to talk about the third death loop. After Subaru and Rem buy a dragon carriage to head back to Roswaal's domain, on the way Subaru starts gathering his thoughts about the events in the previous two death loops and also starts calculating how everything lines up in the timelines in regards to when the cultists will start attacking. Below is my rough translation of the passage after Subaru laments how little information time wise he could learn from the second death loop and wonders if like the second death loop if they will get ambushed in highway by the cultists.

------

With a quick glance Subaru looks at Rem who is concentrating on driving. If they do get attacked by the witch cultists again, again his only option would be to leave it all to Rem. Or another option could be that he warns Rem about what could happen and maybe a different outcome from the previous encounter will appear.

Just in case, as Subaru was about to say he realizes his own voice won't come out. The black fogs appear and in the world frozen by time where he can only feel extreme fear of the pain as his heart is gripped --- is not what is happening. No, he is scared of that pain. Just remembering that sensation while won't turn all his hair white, does pierce all the senses of his body. Honestly that is not something that can be endured. If he tries to utilize that then he will be assaulted by an array of emotions that he doesn't understand. Even if he asks himself to try it again he would shake his head.
But, right now the reason Subaru hesitates to talk the witch's cult isn't because of that pain.

--Would she.

Would Rem really believe my story.

"---rrh!!"

Just thinking about it sent chills up Subaru's spine and to endure it he had to hold his shoulders together.
His heart is beating nonstop and his internal organs are assaulted by the pressure to vomit. Subaru's physical and mental stamina has become affected by the constant stressful mental stage he is under and the fatigue from his body which hasn't rested at all.

Right now in the whole wide world, to Subaru Rem is the only person he can trust the most.
He was abandoned by Emilia, ignored by Crusch and Priscilla and fell into a state of paranoia where he can't help but suspect everyone.
He can't imagine a scenario where he could regain his trust towards Crusch and Priscilla, and he can't picture him and Emilia once again being able to talk and joke around until he is able to completely guarantee her safety from Betelgeuse.

Which is why Subaru doesn't have anyone else besides Rem.
Truthfully and whole heartedly, she is his only ally.
What if, just what if he begins talking to her about the witch's cult and her facial expression shifts into doubt --- just thinking about it is scary.

"Is this really the time to be a chicken..."

He tries to get rid of his hestiation by speaking but the sound that comes out is less of a voice and more of a breath. The sound that is lighter than a whisper couldn't compete against the sound of the ground dragon running and fails to even reach himself.
Still he has to speak.

As long as there is a chance of fighting the witch's cult, if she doesn't know about it then it will just be a repeat of the last time. Subaru's only option would then to lose his life and start from the beginning again.
Which is why---

"R-Rem...... umm, I have something to"
"Subaru-kun--- there's people in front of us"

-----

At this point Subaru gets scared that it was too late and it was the cultists again but it turned out to be Otto and merchants

I'm going to translate another passage from the third death loop, this time it's during their trip with Otto and the merchants and Subaru just finished joking around with Otto.

------

After wryly smiling at Otto for beating him to the punchline, Subaru glances at Rem who was holding the reins and driving.
He can't read her expression because the lower part of her face was covered by the sand prevention cloth that Subaru fixed and her eyes were focused straight ahead. Even to Subaru who was proud to be able to tell what she was feeling even when her face was expressionless, he can't make light of this current situation.
Especially now while he is so anxious to know exactly what she was thinking.
So,

"---Subaru-kun"

"...! Oh, ahh, what's up Rem, did something happen?"

Subaru suppresses his surprise behind his teeth after getting spoken to by the very person he was quietly staring at and puts up a fake air of being calm.
Hearing that Rem lightly shakes his head and replies 'no.'

"You got quiet so I thought you were getting tired. The shaking might get a bit bad but if you're tired then you can sleep for a bit. Rem will keep watch."

"Although I want to accept your offer, my eyes are wide open. Plus I'll look uncool in front of the others if I left everything up to you Rem."

"But, Subaru-kun is still a recovering patient."

Towards Rem's show of concern, Subaru shuts his mouth.
The way she said it was soft but behind it was a hard stubborn will. At the very least, in this dragon carriage Rem is in charge of taking care of Subaru and she will never abandon this duty.
And lightly and gently, Subaru's heart is pierced by an unremovable thorn.

In face of Rem's upmost and complete devotion towards him, he still doesn't know what her true intentions are, he wants to know, but he doesn't want to know, and this contradiction tears into his heart.

"Rem, you..."

"Yes"

Suddenly, unable to hold his anxiety inside any longer he calls her name.
She knows this so she immediately replies back to wait for his next words to come out.
Unwillingly he has arrived to the source of his anxiety. With just one sentence by saying 'No it's nothing' he could end this conversation and Rem would likely not pursue any further. But even if she doesn't pursue it doesn't mean she isn't thinking about anything. But it would be another new agony to think about what she would then be thinking about after ending this conversation.
If that is the case, then he should just let it all out.

"Rem, don't you have any questions about what I'm doing? I haven't told you anything. Whether it is about the witch's cult and what they will do or why I'm hiring these merchants."

He presses down on his teeth, suppresses any sign of weakness, and asks with a voice that tries to hide the anxiety within. He wanted to hear the answer to this for so long.
Hearing this, Rem closes her eyes once and,

"Roswaal-sama has given me an order: During the stay in the capital I am to defer all actions to Subaru-kun's will."

With that her feelings are frozen and she spoke with the face of a servant.
Hearing her answer Subaru freezes in place and his face tightens.

She follows Subaru because Roswaal ordered her to do so.
Then that's as if,

"You were ordered..... by Roswaal......?"

"Yes. I wasn't told concretely what I supposed to do. In the capital no matter what happens, I was to follow Subaru-kun's plans. Rem also, have tried my upmost best to do that."

Rem's supplement explanation just won't enter his head.
The words just indifferently echoed in Subaru's head.

"Roswaal's, orders..."

The reason why she didn't suspect his actions, were because she was ordered not to by her master.
Then doesn't that mean, everything she has done so far, weren't her real intentions.

No, before even that, the reason why Rem is by Subaru's side like this.

"Subaru-kun?"

Feeling worried about Subaru who has become quiet, Rem tilts her neck and lightly frowns her eyebrows. She is showing Subaru how worried she is but Subaru right now can not honestly accept her feelings.

Like how she is clearly anxious about Subaru like this, how when he was tired and she supported him, how when he was going mad from loneliness and then she appeared by his side, how she believes everything Subaru says is correct and follows what he says, aren't all these because she was obeying Roswaal's order.

To go to the extremes, deep down inside does Rem even approve of any of Subaru's actions.

"------!"

Nausea rises and Subaru swallows the bile that rised up from his stomach. The stopped sense of vomiting with nowhere to go, rebounds back into his whole body like an explosion of fear.
His limbs are numb, his sight is fading, and his brain is unbearably itchy. Right now he wants to break his skull so he can dig his fingers deep inside to provide relief.

However his fingers were unable to penetrate his skull. To stand the itchiness he couldn't do anything but grind his teeth and withstand the pressure attacking his stomach.

I don't want to think about anything, I don't want to think anymore.
The more I think the more I keep thinking, the more I look back at my memories the more I keep looking back, the more I want the more I keep wanting, what I want fades away to nothing, ideals turn into dreams, hope gets repainted into disappointment and despair.

"Subaru-kun?"

No more. I'm tired of it all.
I don't want to think. I don't want to doubt. I don't want to believe. I don't want to be betrayed.

His head is tucked in, and his inner self has completely shut off all signals from the outside world.
Rem continues calling Subaru's name a few more times but when she saw what looked like a sleeping posture, she decided to stop calling him.

At this moment, finally, with his own will, Subaru has become all alone in the world.

------------

After this point Subaru falls asleep and Rem wakes him up to ask him to check the map for her because she can't let go of the reins. Then he takes his cell phone out for light and etc etc. In another post I'll write about the actual chapters this episode was based off of.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Thanks for that. :)

I'd read the ln or wn but by the time I'd be proficient in the language so I could parse it all in a fluent way we may as well have official translations. :saddowns:

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

while Subaru was operating under base thoughts with no facade or other complex thoughts, unknown to Rem while she was sleeping outside next to ground dragon, he got up out of the carriage and laid next to her to sleep next to her.
:unsmith:

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.

Mindblast posted:

Thanks for that. :)

I'd read the ln or wn but by the time I'd be proficient in the language so I could parse it all in a fluent way we may as well have official translations. :saddowns:

Don't be so sure. The official translations are for the light novels, which btw also cuts things out of web novel, and the speed for the light novel to catch up to the web novel is very slow. It will take atleast two years if not more for the light novels to adapt the fourth arc. Then it will take who knows how long for the official translations to translate the fourth arc. For all that wait you have the light novel cut down the original web version, and then further muddled by the flaws of translations.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

[quote="Vanilla Mint Ice" post="462725182"]
Don't be so sure. The official translations are for the light novels, which btw also cuts things out of web novel, and the speed for the light novel to catch up to the web novel is very slow. It will take atleast two years if not more for the light novels to adapt the fourth arc. Then it will take who knows how long for the official translations to translate the fourth arc. For all that wait you have the light novel cut down the original web version, and then further muddled by the flaws of translations.
[/quote

Oh poo poo. Well I guess I'll see how I feel about it once we're through all the eps. I'm definitely already on the fence though!

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
I am okay with normal people going crazy in situations where poo poo goes down. It's more that the MC resolved his issues quite well and then goes back to being a sad sack.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Sydnesider posted:

Ha, I'm just repeating the same post after each ep.

I don't want to go back to Kagoshima :ohdear:
We never left Kagoshima. It cycles through our minds like a wretched time loop.

*spoilertalk*
You guys don't suppose Arc 3's end will faithfully follow the light novel's canon, do you? :ohdear:

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Aug 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I was expecting subaru and rem to run off together, only to die a week later when puck destroys the world

That little bit seems to establish that running away is less an option now than it ever was before, I'm surprised it wasn't more directly stated

• Locked thread