Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Playing with people you know and don't like at all (but your friends do) has to be the worst poo poo in the game. If I don't play 1 of reaper/76/pharah, we are guaranteed a loss. :argh:

the worst bit is that he unironically thinks hitler was justified because he "improved the german economy vastly"don't mention the genocide or the looting of jewish wealth. Also "logic rules over all", a literal autistic robot.

I, too, am friends with people who think Hitler superfans are cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

Soothing Vapors posted:

Did deathplague start playing this game?

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Soothing Vapors posted:

The first time I met him he lectured me about picking the wrong pokemon when we were drunkenly playing the n64 arena game. Our friendship lasted all of 12 seconds.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Bolow posted:

The McCree would have always won outside your hook range last patch too :shrug: poo poo Soldier76 is/was capable of doing the same exact poo poo from further away. You're attributing all this poo poo to why Roadhog is ineffective when it's 99% Zenyatta. The dude went from a barely played gimmick pick mostly played by people apathetic to healing and just wanting to shut their team up to being an almost mandatory pick at high levels of play.

Even without Zenyatta, McCree has received a massive buff against Roadhog, which is the entire point of this discussion.

You're right in that McCree would have won outside of the hook range prior to this recent buff/nerf cycle, but the point is now McCree has a lot more leeway to put the hurt on him without exposing himself to unnecessary risk. He would have had to be much closer to Roadhog prior to this than he has to be now, which massively reduces Roadhog's effectiveness since it used to be a fairly high risk/reward thing for McCree: He could take Roadhog on, but he'd have to take into account the possibility that he could be essentially one-shot if he made even the slightest judgement error.

That isn't the case now. McCree destroys Roadhog, and there's not much he can do against him assuming the McCree is playing to his new strengths.

Zenyatta allows, and always has, McCree to sort of gain this advantage even with his pre-buff falloff, but now Zenyatta is picked more often and is more effective at weighing the McCree/Roadhog encounter in McCree's favour because McCree is now actually heavily favoured by default.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Two anti-cheat waves happened recently and the reactions from some of the banned cheaters are terrific.

http://imgur.com/a/ZzSGi

ty blizzard

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard
Matchmaking sometimes leads to hilarious results, this is just from Mendo's stream

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

mcvey posted:

Two anti-cheat waves happened recently and the reactions from some of the banned cheaters are terrific.

ty blizzard

Did you compile all these? You're doing the lord's work.

This is almost as good as the Lyte Smite threads from League of Legends.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

Phenotype posted:

Did you compile all these? You're doing the lord's work.

This is almost as good as the Lyte Smite threads from League of Legends.

Buy more CORECOINS to watch them sueing Blizzard!
:clegg:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Gibbering Madness posted:

hahaha

mcvey posted:

ty blizzard

These are hilarious, but I will never understand the mindset where a person is outraged because they get punished for cheating

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
lmao apparently Blizzard is being hit by a massive DDoS attack following the banwave

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

Soothing Vapors posted:

hahaha

These are hilarious, but I will never understand the mindset where a person is outraged because they get punished for cheating

It's simple, it's religious persecution

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

mcvey posted:

ty blizzard

So, is this the first mass banning by Blizzard in OW? Also, did any pro gamers get banned yet?

Edit:

Mister Fister fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Aug 1, 2016

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

This guy needs to explain to "his girlfriend" why they can't use their joint account SUCKMYD1CKBLIZZARD anymore :allears:

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007

Bolivar posted:

This guy needs to explain to "his girlfriend" why they can't use their joint account SUCKMYD1CKBLIZZARD anymore :allears:

Going out on a limb here to say that maybe he edited the text to remove his actual account name and replace it with the embodiment of his angst. I mean, I hope I'm wrong, because I like your narrative more.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I hope the indignity is too much to bear and she ends up leaving him over it.

Then again that account name suggests there's probably not a huge amount of shame in that relationship.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
There's someone out there for everyone :)

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Star posted:

It's simple, it's religious persecution

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a66r2V8sSnY

loving LOVE cheating.

ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

Got them WMD's! Got that Pandemic!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRWaPjqnmCo

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
Had a sick run with a few goons last night where we went 10-2 in competitive. Winning makes competitive a lot more fun. Overbuff puts my skill rank at 67% now, and it was 24%, time to turn pro.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
My favorite meltdown quote in the cheater forum:
"overwatch was boring anyways I only cheated because I was gonna quit after reaching rank 70"

lol

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Is there a reason that my fps would be limited after installing OBS, even when OBS isn't running? I wanted to stream some games this weekend just so I would have an easy way to rewatch them later. But my fps while streaming was in the 40s and it's been stuck there ever since, even without any in-game settings changing (it was in the 130+ fps range prior to this).

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
I'm a pretty mediocre player, I'm getting reasonably good at clicking heads. Roadhog is very easy to headshot as Mcree from very far away. I'm always pleased when the enemy team has a Roadhog this patch. It's a lot of meter and at my mmr road hogs don't know to not heal when they are for sure going to die so you get even more meter.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc
Hoping we see some pro players (*cough*taimou) suddenly quit due to family issues

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Gibbering Madness posted:

:vince:

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
When did the bans hit? I actually have been disappointed lately in how I've been doing. I wonder if this was prevalent enough at my skill level that I might suck less. I did find out how big of a deal upload "ping" is. I played last week on 3mbs DSL in the boondocks, without a headset, and tendonitis in my mouse wrist. My gaming buds stopped inviting me to the competitive group. RIP

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

cosmicjim posted:

When did the bans hit? I actually have been disappointed lately in how I've been doing. I wonder if this was prevalent enough at my skill level that I might suck less. I did find out how big of a deal upload "ping" is. I played last week on 3mbs DSL in the boondocks, without a headset, and tendonitis in my mouse wrist. My gaming buds stopped inviting me to the competitive group. RIP

It is my belief that everyone that is :airquote:better:airquote: than me is a dirty filthy cheater and now i can finally get up to rank 80 today, maybe tomorrow latest. Thanks Blizzard!

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
dear fellow quick play gamer: when you sign up a Bnet account named "lolichan" you kinda mortgage your right to get pissy when folks call you out on your peccadilloes in front of your peers

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

dear fellow competitive gamer: don't type 'brb one sec baby needs me' in the middle of a match. situations like that are what quickplay is for, dumbass

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
or just don't have babies which is a more sound and reasonable decision anyway

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Willie Tomg posted:

dear fellow quick play gamer: when you sign up a Bnet account named "lolichan" you kinda mortgage your right to get pissy when folks call you out on your peccadilloes in front of your peers

Man, I see so many people with odd usernames. Do people not pick a handle for life these days? I've been using the same three or so for almost 20 years.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Efexeye posted:

dear fellow competitive gamer: don't type 'brb one sec baby needs me' in the middle of a match. situations like that are what quickplay is for, dumbass

Wait so he should just never play comp mode since he has kids?

Snostorm
Sep 9, 2013

Bruceski posted:

Man, I see so many people with odd usernames. Do people not pick a handle for life these days? I've been using the same three or so for almost 20 years.

GokuSephiroth for life.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Efexeye posted:

Having kids doesn't mean he doesn't get to play video games, and quick play has hero stacking, it's just a game try your best to win.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Papercut posted:

i have a kid too but i dont play comp mode when she might need my attention

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Papercut posted:

honestly, if the game mode makes uninterrupted time investment really important, and your life situation does not allow you that, random strangers have every right to be annoyed when it fucks them over because you tried to have your cake and eat it

KoB
May 1, 2009

Snostorm posted:

GokuSephiroth for life.

Darth Gokuverine XXX

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Efexeye posted:

i have a kid too but i dont play comp mode when she might need my attention

Yeah kids are not known to get themselves into situations that require immediate attention. Never.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Papercut posted:

Cmon, bro.