Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

hoiyes posted:

Cool, the list is real fun, took basically the same to 2nd in my regional. But that had no palp or jumpmasters thanks to a limited local meta. The nationals are completely open. Wondering if Predator still does much work in this meta (vs fearless/VI/crackshot)? Are there any ps1-2 ships left? How useful was the tractor beam? Having a bid could easily be make or break vs other bots.

I'd say predator's still worth it even with a single reroll against most current ships. The only PS2 I faced was the palpshuttle, though the 2 rerolls there really helped burn it down quickly.

I only fired the tractor once, to try and drag Soontir back into D's arc for a facefull of HLC, though he dodged both shots. It might be worth dropping, though it's useful as a threat against arc dodgers like Soontir, your opponent's always got to think about parking too close to an asteroid and getting dragged onto it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

ro5s posted:

I only fired the tractor once, to try and drag Soontir back into D's arc for a facefull of HLC, though he dodged both shots. It might be worth dropping, though it's useful as a threat against arc dodgers like Soontir, your opponent's always got to think about parking too close to an asteroid and getting dragged onto it.

If you're using B and 2 cannons then Tractor is good against Dengar as it's tricky to avoid because it's not really worth using a focus on, but then it puts him at Agility 1 which is a bad place to be with HLC etc in the mix.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

ro5s posted:

I'd say predator's still worth it even with a single reroll against most current ships. The only PS2 I faced was the palpshuttle, though the 2 rerolls there really helped burn it down quickly.

Re: tractor, if you only used it once, then in my experience, it's almost definitely worth dropping the tractor for Inertial dampeners. That card does so much work for big bases and messes with opponents to no end.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Aramoro posted:

If you're using B and 2 cannons then Tractor is good against Dengar as it's tricky to avoid because it's not really worth using a focus on, but then it puts him at Agility 1 which is a bad place to be with HLC etc in the mix.

Maybe, I preferred using the HLC to strip shields then using the mangler to push a crit onto hull though.

hoiyes posted:

Re: tractor, if you only used it once, then in my experience, it's almost definitely worth dropping the tractor for Inertial dampeners. That card does so much work for big bases and messes with opponents to no end.

I used to have inertial dampeners on them, but I never really found a good time to use them. After the merge I'm typically using my advanced sensors and doing a k turn or Segnor's every other turn to try and dodge fire. Usually the only time I'd find it would be useful to use the dampeners is immediately after a k turn or Segnor's, then I'd end up double stressed. There was 1 turn I missed having dampeners, and I only fired the tractor once so it's another 50/50 for me, though it does feel like having only one set of dampeners means it'll always feel like they're on the wrong ship.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Aramoro posted:

If it's a Dengaroo with over clocked R4, he's going to use a focus every time because they're essentially free.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
I hate to "told you so" but I called the exact text (except for the range) on the seismic torpedos. Action to destroy debris, and roll dice for damage at range 1.

Also assaji is baller.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/8/1/full-of-surprises/

Nothing too broken. Thank god it looks like they have priced this ship correctly.

The "at the start of the combat phase" actions are really cool and something that would be nice to see on some Rebel astromechs.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

quote:

While the ship's two forward laser cannons are reflected in its primary weapon value of "3," its triple laser turret could have been represented in the game by either a 360-degree firing arc, as with several other turreted ships like the Millennium Falcon and VT-49 Decimator.

Those ships don't have 360° firing arcs. :mad:

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Goddamn, I really wanted to see what Black Sun Slicer did.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

canyoneer posted:

If it's a Dengaroo with over clocked R4, he's going to use a focus every time because they're essentially free.

That's possible but most I've seen are using R5-P8 to squeeze as much damage as possible out of Dengar.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Aramoro posted:

That's possible but most I've seen are using R5-P8 to squeeze as much damage as possible out of Dengar.

Asajj is the standout pilot to me. With title she gives a stress and a tractor beam token. That's pretty good.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Hopefully this brings back rebel Y-wings. Seismic, extra munitions, and a dorsal turret is 25 for a Gold.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
She's pretty drat good but PS 6 hurts a little bit. She'll have a hard time nailing the aces you really want to shut down.i think she might be forced into running VI mostly, unfortunately. At least the large firing arcs are huge

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Hell slap latts crew in her and you can tank damage too

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Jumpmaster lists are gonna find room for those cargo drops to gently caress up Imp aces, mark my words. 1 point to kill action economy and maybe even deal damage?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

For some reason I thought the Inquisitor was related to the Nightbrothers/sisters in which Asajj is part of and wondered why he's in the imperial faction when she is not. The clone wars cartoon was pretty mediocre but apparently the nightsiblings portion is huge amongst fans. It's one of the most expensive insert sets in the SWCT digital trading cards game. :psyduck:

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

ConfusedUs posted:

Asajj is the standout pilot to me. With title she gives a stress and a tractor beam token. That's pretty good.

She does look good even though she's in the PS6 no-man's land. Combining her with Latts Razzi seems the obvious choice. It's good to see that Scum got a counter to Zuckuss though, shame for everyone else mind you.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Hellbus with IG-88D and a Gunner, paired up with an aggressor with IG-88B.

Cannon -> Cannon (from IG-88B) -> Primary (from Gunner) :v:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

That's nice that the IG crew is IG-88D, the least useful IG-88 ability to port to other ships (as only the Starviper has a 3 sloop, and it has no crew slot)

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Tekopo posted:

Moralo with IG88D, Bossk, Gunner, Mangler, Feedback, IG88B with some stuff and a 3 or 4 point bid. gently caress you soontir.

Mostly this seems pretty meh.

Ketsu Pilot: solid but unexceptional, seen before
Ketsu crew: excellent but only viable on this and on the Mist Hunter. Still, a cheap Mist Hunter with just Ketsu Crew could be an interesting thing.
Sabine Pilot: see Ketsu
Assaj pilot: Decent, but not that much more amazing than e.g. Tactician. Still, she can TAKE a Tactician to make her scarier.
Latts crew: meh as gently caress. Compared with the likes of IGD or Zuckuss/4LOM she's just WAY too expensive, both in points and in her downside. The only ships I can see her being really a gimme against are Dengaroo and Tycho, and there's a solid chance she never comes into play at all against non-EPT ships.
IGD crew: lol 1 point Gunner hahahahahahahaaaa, also the combos with Engine Upgrades generally are great.
Rigged Chute: interesting I guess, but in a very competitive slot.
Seismic Torps: again, interesting I guess but probably a point too dear to be a gimme for any free Torp slot, particularly as there are a LOT of lists that would appreciate you blowing up the rocks.

I'll grab one and an Aggressor probably, but not two.

No dial, no generic, no Black Market Slicer Tools. But I'm guessing we'll see early release at GenCon so spoilers for everything else there I guess?

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Tekopo posted:

You can also go Bossk, IG Crew, and Zuckuss. Might get people rushing to range 1 though.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

The Gate posted:

You can also go Bossk, IG Crew, and Zuckuss. Might get people rushing to range 1 though.
You can go Bossk, Gunner and Zuckuss, and then you don't have the issues with range 1, or having stuff in your primary arc only (unless you go with Moralo, that is).

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The Gate posted:

Just use a mangler. 3 fully modified attacks is enough to punch through virtually any ace.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Well, yeah, I was taking about using the new IG crew with an HLC. Moralo is the obvious winner with that combo.

I think C combos very well with Fett also, thanks to his natural rerolls. Boost into range, get the evade to help tank, reroll all the dice and pop glitterstim.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

thespaceinvader posted:

Just use a mangler. 3 fully modified attacks is enough to punch through virtually any ace.

Well, two fully modified ones, and one that's not. Rather HLC for matchups against things that aren't evasion tanks though. Like Jumpmasters and Rebels. Also makes it tougher for people to just let through 1 damage to deny all your gunner shots when you're potentially scoring 4 hits and not 3.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Holy moley seismic torpedoes seem terrible.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Gumdrop Larry posted:

They're an action, not an attack. They're pretty good if you don't mind blowing up obstacles.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Gumdrop Larry posted:

Unblockable damage in the activation phase? That's awesome, not terrible

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

ConfusedUs posted:

Unblockable damage in the activation phase? That's awesome, not terrible

Unblockable maybe damage, which Palpatine can space wizard away on a high value ace.

It seems like something to scare players about distance to rocks, just like the tractor beam. Interesting from a swarm control perspective, because 4 TIEs maneuvering around obstacles are going to be much more nervous about clearance on asteroids when one of those is on the table

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

canyoneer posted:

Unblockable maybe damage, which Palpatine can space wizard away on a high value ace.

It seems like something to scare players about distance to rocks, just like the tractor beam. Interesting from a swarm control perspective, because 4 TIEs maneuvering around obstacles are going to be much more nervous about clearance on asteroids when one of those is on the table

Forcing them to use Palp early is still a win. And yeah, it's definitely going to affect swarms.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Yeah terrible is a strong word, but the situational nature of them even with it being an action instead of an attack makes me wonder where they fit. They're relatively cheap, but it requires such a specific board state that you opponent can make an effort to play around for a 50/50 chance at damage. I would think torpedo slots would either want more direct munitions in them, or conversely if you're just looking for a few points of filler you would probably be able to find something more potent or consistent.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Seismic torpedoes are very meh to me as an anti-ace solution given that they're a 50/50 chance.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

And positioning dependent, and cost you mods, and open up movement lanes for the aces.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
I'd be much more excited if they were a 1 point munition. As it is count me in with the "could be situationally good maybe" crew.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

IDK if I'm soontir-carnoring I feel like it really controls where and how I fly.

Of course Imp Vets made it less likely I will Soontir Carnor.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Gumdrop Larry posted:

Yeah terrible is a strong word, but the situational nature of them even with it being an action instead of an attack makes me wonder where they fit. They're relatively cheap, but it requires such a specific board state that you opponent can make an effort to play around for a 50/50 chance at damage. I would think torpedo slots would either want more direct munitions in them, or conversely if you're just looking for a few points of filler you would probably be able to find something more potent or consistent.

Considering the slot and the points, it's not completely useless.
At 2 points it's only competing with Flechette Torpedos, which require you to spend a target lock anyway so :shrug:

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
They're one of those cards that isn't really reliable, but is potentially game changing when it works. For 2 points it's certainly not bad.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
It's 2 points crackswarm insurance. If I flew triple jump I'd definitely consider it on one jump/the bumper instead of extra muni.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
One thing I think we can all agree on is that the seismic torpedo card art is really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Panzeh posted:

Seismic torpedoes are very meh to me as an anti-ace solution given that they're a 50/50 chance.

Even worse than that given Palp

• Locked thread